MAC Alluring Aquatic #233 Split Fibre Eye Shadow Brush

on 6/27/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Instantly one of my favorite eyeshadow brushes. Amazingly soft on the eyelids and with the 2 different 'bristles', you can achieve two different looks. As mentioned by the other reviewers, the synthetic side will give a sheerer application while the natural side will lay down more product. I find this shape to be one of the most versatile and getting this brush reminded me of how I'd been neglecting my 213 brush and how I used to use it for my crease. I'd hold it at a bit of an angle, like a caligraphy pen, in that the colour would be widest on the outter crease and as I would sweep across the lid to the inner lid, the crease shade would narrow. Only now I find this 233 does even a better job and gives me sharper lines. It's got a nice clean slim profile, but so soft at the same time. It can also be used to apply a brow highlighter, pack colour on the lid (like the 239), or use the side to apply a little colour under the lower lash line. And did I say this was soft? This is the cat's meow on the lid, it's so soft! I really was on the fence when I first saw it. I thought it was gimmicky and probably useless but feeling was believing and I'm *thisclose* to getting another before they sell out. And the pretty teal colour doesn't hurt... :)

on 5/23/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a great idea--two types of fiber on a brush. One side is natural fiber and picks up more shadow. The other side is synthetic and picks up less color, so you use that side for a wash. Great for travel bags--you only really need one ES brush, use the one side to wash, the natural side to shade the crease. Pretty metallic turquoise color.

on 5/15/2014 9:04:00 AM

Amazing brush from MAC with a blend of synthetic and natural fibers. Both sides felt soft on the lid, the natural fiber picks up more eyeshadow than the synthetic side, so for a sheerer look the synthetic side works better. You can use the brush for loose or gel shadows. It was created specifically for gel shadows from the same collection Love it.

Popular Makeup Brushes