December 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - Alluring Aquatic #233 Split Fibre Eye Shadow Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Instantly one of my favorite eyeshadow brushes. Amazingly soft on the eyelids and with the 2 different 'bristles', you can achieve two different looks. As mentioned by the other reviewers, the synthetic side will give a sheerer application while the natural side will lay down more product. I find this shape to be one of the most versatile and getting this brush reminded me of how I'd been neglecting my 213 brush and how I used to use it for my crease. I'd hold it at a bit of an angle, like a caligraphy pen, in that the colour would be widest on the outter crease and as I would sweep across the lid to the inner lid, the crease shade would narrow. Only now I find this 233 does even a better job and gives me sharper lines. It's got a nice clean slim profile, but so soft at the same time. It can also be used to apply a brow highlighter, pack colour on the lid (like the 239), or use the side to apply a little colour under the lower lash line. And did I say this was soft? This is the cat's meow on the lid, it's so soft! I really was on the fence when I first saw it. I thought it was gimmicky and probably useless but feeling was believing and I'm *thisclose* to getting another before they sell out. And the pretty teal colour doesn't hurt... :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a great idea--two types of fiber on a brush. One side is natural fiber and picks up more shadow. The other side is synthetic and picks up less color, so you use that side for a wash. Great for travel bags--you only really need one ES brush, use the one side to wash, the natural side to shade the crease. Pretty metallic turquoise color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by wanilkaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing brush from MAC with a blend of synthetic and natural fibers. Both sides felt soft on the lid, the natural fiber picks up more eyeshadow than the synthetic side, so for a sheerer look the synthetic side works better. You can use the brush for loose or gel shadows. It was created specifically for gel shadows from the same collection Love it.