Caswell-Massey Pure Frost

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/28/2015 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I adore this stuff. My mom got it for me for Christmas and I didn't expect to love it as I do. There is something about it that does conjure up the scent of a new frost or fresh snowfall, and yet it's also warm and very subtly spicy. I can detect the vanilla, jasmine and bergamot, but they're a subtle mix. It is not particularly girly but more of a straightforward fresh scent with a distinct twist. Feels kind of classic and slightly old-fashioned. I have the soap, too, and love it as well. And I like the simplicity of the bottle. Lasting power is pretty good on me, a few hours. Will be curious to try this in warmer weather; I think it might be a bit heavy for the summer months.

on 5/14/2014 9:02:00 PM

I found Pure Frost on the Caswell Massey site for $14.95 (It was on sale for 50% off with free shipping) and Fragrantica describes it as follows:

Pure Frost by Caswell Massey is an aromatic floral fragrance for women and men, produced as a seasonal limited edition for 2012 winter holidays. The fragrance features Casablanca lily, jasmine, vanilla and bergamot.

This is a soft, close to the skin fragrance that is a lighter version of Ted Lapidus Silk Way. Very pretty and easy to wear. Subtle enough to wear to work without offending anyone. I would pay more for this. A lovely addition to a fragrance wardrobe.

Popular Fragrances