July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Cleansers - Elizabeth Arden - Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a free gift from my Elizabeth Arden Sales Rep. I'm definately glad I didn't have to pay for it. First of all, it's a foaming cleanser which I hate. Foaming cleansers always irritate my sensitive skin. Second, it's also a grainy scrub, which happens to be very hard to rinse off. If you have sensitive skin, I would skip this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by aisbash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a tester tube of 50ml with an accompanying Visible Difference SPF 15 Moisturising Lotion - I am completely hooked!

This is an amazing morning time cleanser which really revitalises your skin and wakes it up for the day ahead. It removes any dry skin without being abrasive, and because its for combination skin, it's neither too greasy nor to drying. I don't technically have acne but I do get spots around my t-zone with quite a lot of blackheads - I have used hundreds of products, some medical, and although I have been using this for just a month it's been the one that's made the greatest difference. I've only had one break-out (and that was one I used a heavy foundation for a night out) and my blackheads are much less visible and have even started to disappear completely on my forehead.

The texture is quite grainy, it definitely feels like a scrub but like I said, it is actually very gentle (this is because Elizabeth Arden polishes all their beads so they can't damage the veins closest to the surface of the skin - just found that out last night!). It is relatively scentless, and I do miss the incredible lavender smell of the 8 Hour Cream here, but it's a minor issue

The only downside of this is the price. My 50ml tube has lasted me about 7 weeks, and my mum got a tester as well so between 100ml I would say they'll last 2 and a half months. The price in Boots is 22 for 125ml so you are paying about a tenner a month for this cleanser. I really do think it's worth it though, especially if you do suffer from combination skin, where it can be really hard to find products that suit your skin perfectly. I will be happy to sacrifice lunch once or twice a week to save for this absolute skin saviour

The best tip I have is to ask for samples when you purchase it - because it's quite expensive the girls on the counter are usually happy to give you a supplementary mini size or several miniatures of the accompanying lotion - last time I got an 8-Hour lip balm and enough miniatures of both the lotion and night cream to make up full sizes so it's always worth being cheeky

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in a sample GWP and have used it twice, it's all my poor skin can stand. It says it is for combination skin.

First it feels gritty which is to be expected, it is an exfoliant cleanser BUT the grit is sharp and scratchy. Left my skin feeling a little raw. If it was great in other regards this might be a sort of once a week thing but it has other flaws.

Second it is quite creamy and doesn't fully wash off. More like a lotion style cleanser. This left me with pimples both times. Normally I don't break out, I have quite good clear skin although I have a bit of rosacea, allergic irritated and sensitive skin. (age, redness wrinkle and freckles as well.)

So I really question how good it will be for combo skin.

Third is the scent! Holy cow Batgirl, this is stinky! This may also be partly why my skin was redder and more irritated by morning than even just after I washed with it. I didn't appreciate the scent which reminded me of Deep Woods OFF. I even asked my husband if he was starting to apply mosquito repellent at work. NOPE, it was me. All over my pillow.

Normally I'm a fan of Elizabeth Arden stuff. But the line is hit and miss. There are some gems and then there are some duds, not much in between. This is a dud.

For the science types who wonder if I gave it a fair trial I used the same toner, serum and moisturizer combo that I have been all along so I know it wasn't any other changes. My diet, my cosmetics, laundry detergent all the same. No increased stress, no physical changes.

So I'm sorry to say that this will be hitting the trash can, and I'm basically writing this as a reminder to me not to buy it again. Every once in a while I forget to do a review before I toss something and I REBUY it, or in the case of GWP I aquire it again by accident.

Don't waste your $, but if you have $ burning a hole in your pocket at the EA counter, I've had great success with that ceramide capsule stuff of theirs and that mineral powder foundation with SPF is to die for. Spend on those, you'll be happier.