The Body Shop Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dark: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Hybrid Safflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Light: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol. Medium: Water, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Iron Oxides, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Kinetin, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was looking for an eye product that could lessen the sagginess specially under my eye. I am 25 yo and i only have a very mild case. I went to the body shop here in the PH and saw this product. I asked the lady few questions regarding the product, ex: does it lighten the under eye? Does it lessen the tired-look? Does it show a visible effect? Does it lessen puffiness? ---and all she answered was " If your eye is tired that refreshes your eye. " ---WELL, yah right IT WRITTEN on the product itself. I never expected dramatic results but I never expected NO EFFECT at all. It is cooling 'cause its a GEL. I am disappointed that it hasnt done anything for me for a week now. WHY SELL THIS KIND OF LAME PRODUCTS? I should have just used ice and cold cucumber cuts. Could have save me bucks.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this when looking for a product that would help with the lines under my eyes, and this did nothing for that. I'm thinking I misunderstood what the sales woman was saying because I had picked this up when I walked in the store, and when I asked her she named two products then said something along the lines of 'and the one you picked up is good too'. It IS supposed to help with dark circles, but this just did nothing for me.

on 8/14/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

this eye gel did not agree with me. it stung and triggered a moderate inflammatory response all around my eyelids which looked less than pretty. i had used bodyshop's ( very comparable) vitamin e eye gel with no ill effects, but the elderflower not so much.

on 3/12/2014 5:41:00 PM

I went to Bodyshop to buy my favourite hand cream (The Hemp hand cream which is so effective to smoothen your hands) and the shop assistant persuaded to buy a bag full of "top selling products" for a special deal. I was so disappointment with all of the products as they were too perfumed and coloured. The Elderflower eye gel is without a scent which is good but it does not really give you any boost under your eyes. It has a very silly bottle where you have to dig your fingers into the gel to be able to get the gel out. So I don't also like for the hygiene reasons. Overall I would never buy it again and I am actually half way through and I will throw it away. What a shame

on 2/22/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've sensitive skin with an oily T-zone. I am allergic to most of the skincare and makeup products. I wanted a moisturising eye gel as the area around my eyes tend to dry out. I went to body shop for the same and told the assistant there about my skin type and he recommended me this product. At first I was happy as it does have a cooling effect. But after 3-4 days i developed rashes under my eyes and had to run to my skin doctor. Now I not only have dry under eyes but dark circles too.. :( :(

on 1/15/2014 2:48:00 PM

I thought it was... okay. The gel feels really good. I don't notice much of a decrease in puffiness though. I wouldn't use it as an eye cream because it doesn't provide enough moisture, but it does feel good to put on your eyes after you've been sitting at a computer all day, crying, been out in the sun, etc. It also does not sting at all, even on your lid. On sale you can get it pretty cheap too.

on 11/30/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eye gel did nothing for me, and my mom originally purchased it for me when I was having flaky skin underneath my eyes. It felt soothing when it first went on but hardly did anything to help the dry red flaking. I wonder if it is just me, but it also irritates my eyes and causes it to tear. Recently tried using it again but doesn't seem to do anything and still irritates my eyes. Not going near that stuff.

on 10/1/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using this product every night for about 3 weeks now, mostly as an anti aging measure. I don't care for it too much. It is sticky and doesn't absorb well into my skin. As for it being "cooling," it's really no more cooling then any other product you would put on your skin. It's only cool because it's a different temperature than your skin. It also has a very chemical/ plastic smell. The only good things I can find about this gel is that a little goes a long way so it will last quite a while and it's not terribly expensive. It is also clear which means no dyes in it. I wouldn't repurchase this product simply because I don't feel it really does anything for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Disappointing product. I love eye roller balls, and I thought this might have a similar effect, cooling and hopefully depuffing. From my use, this product does nothing but sit on the skin until you rinse or wipe it off. This does not moisturize, I wasn't expecting it to, but it would have been nice if it did. This doesn't have the cooling sensation that eye roller balls do either, which I did expect it to do (considering its name). It's gloopy, another step down from roller balls. Worse of all it balls up if you try to use under makeup, which is when I like to use roller balls. It's very inexpensive, but anything is too expensive that does nothing. Hard candy's eye'm tired eye roller ball is cheaper, and works better for what I want. Clinique depuffing eye serum works even better. And the smell is horrible, but it dissipates fairly quickly. How I've been using it up: I apply a thick layer to undereye and eye lid during my "spa nights", while I have a mask on my face and lay down listening to classical music. I wash it off with the mask. This product slightly burns my eyes, so I can only really use it if my eyes are closed. 1.5 stars.

on 6/19/2013 3:04:00 AM

This product is just not for me. As a gel form, it's not moisturizing enough for my delicate eye area, and it's too goop-y to apply! I guess I'm more of a eye cream person than an eye gel person.

Funny thing is, my eyelids are actually on the oilier side. Even when I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion for my eyelids, I still manage to have some shadows crease, and some liquid liner to smudge.