April 16, 2014 | 2066 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Poli93

I've had a sample of this sitting in the back of my drawer for years, and today I finally used it.
I don't want to sound too eager, but this stuff is AMAZING. I have combination skin, and my makeup usually melts off after a couple of hours- which sucks. I also hate the chalky, clogging sensation of powders.
I used a RT expert face brush and dipped it lightly in the powder and pressed it on my tzone and chin (avoided my cheeks where I have large pores). After being out for 4 hours and spending another 2 at the gym, my face still wasn't oily! It had a slight sheen, but considering I had worked out, and considering what it usually looks like by that point, I'm very impressed. Really really good.
I only gave it 4 lippies because this is a first impression, so perhaps I just had a good skin day. If anything changes I will update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I love the natural, semi-matte finish - it was always my HG loose powder in my 20s and 30s, but I'm probably not repurchasing as I might have to re-think the whole powder situation now my skin seems to be getting drier and I'm getting older. You get heaps for your money with Clinique powders and the Transparency 3 shade has always suited my winter NC25-30 complexion, plus it's relatively neutral. The Invisible Blend 20 however is more yellow and I think would look ashy on tan, truly olive or darker complexions. I am still working my way through a jar but as I only use it occasionally I fear it's going to be with me for a few years... These days I tend to top Clinique loose powder with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil (the loose one) when I want a slightly more luminous but not full-on 'glowy' look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the Duty-free store on my way to Buffalo for I believe $27. I've had this product for over a year and I'm not even half way done using it despite using it everyday on top of my foundation. It is literally the container of never ending powder (and I am completely okay with that!). I really dislike the brush, so I use e.l.f.'s Studio Complexion Brush instead.
This powder matches my skin tone perfectly and doesn't make my makeup look too caked-on. It's light weight, stays on nicely throughout the day and isn't a struggle to remove. Aside from the brush (which isn't even worth complaining about), I literally don't have a single complaint about this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Inaryu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product, I use it with anti blemish liquid foundation. Perfect! Doesn't break out my skin and stay matte for all day, really good coverage. Just don't like the brush, I use kabuki brush from body shop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally do not wear powder on my face, however, I heard good things about this loose powder and sampled it at Bloomingdales and I liked it ........ I purchased it in Transparency 2 which is pink toned and does work with my NW10 skintone (I would like it to be lighter, however, I was told that Transparency 2 is better for cool tones unless I want Invisible Blend.) A few weeks ago I started using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer on a few discolorations on the underneath of my chin and wanted loose powder to set it, and this Clinique product works well ...... it does not clash with my concealer (it does not oxidize) and helps set the concealer ...... I do not use the brush included but instead rub in with a kabucki brush and it looks flawless (you would never know that I have powder nor concealer on.) This is a great loose product (the only other loose powder I have ever liked is La Mer's transparent loose powder, but Clinique's appears to be cool-toned which works better with my skintone, plus Clinique is a hell of a lot cheaper, which is a huge plus ..... depending on your budget you cannot go wrong with either.)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Summary:

I recommend this powder In the 'invisible blend' for people with medium to very dark skin shades who are willing to reapply powder to oily areas throughout the day more often than usual and who desire a glow from their powder to combat dullness of dry skin.

Detailed review:

I bought this powder in the 'invisible blend' and can safely say this is NOT invisible at all.

As someone with very very fair skin I needed a translucent powder and decided to order this based on the image Clinique provide on their (UK) website, which shows an off white powder (the same colour shown for other brands displaying real translucent powders), as there were few to no images of this powder in use on the internet, especially on pale people. I am deducting a star for this misleading information provided by Clinique as it can really put people off ordering from them and I've also found their foundation swatches/descriptions to be terrible too. In the pot this looks a light neutral-yellow, so despite the shock of finding it to be coloured I assumed it would still work as i have used the Corn Silk loose powder before, which looks the same colour but applies adequately clear (but not perfectly so), however this is not the case for the Clinique powder. This leaves a dirty uneven look on my skin, and the uneveness suggests this is not as suited for dry skin as i have deduced from other reviews. I am also deducting a star because after seeing all the other shades in person, there is no powder light enough or truly translucent for pale skin shades in this range.

I have very dry/ very oily combination skin and wanted a powder that would cling to dry patches less than my current clingy loose powder (Illamasqua) and decided to favour a glowy finish instead of super mattifying qualities.This powder does cling less to actual flakiness than a lot of powders but its pigment 'collects' on drier areas, leaving the uneven/ dirty look i mentioned but i believe this will not be noticeable at all on a medium to very dark skin shades. I assume the pigment in this powder would also prevent ashyness on darker skin but i cannot say this out of personal experience. It keeps oily shine at bay well but needs reapplication every 4ish hours, 2 hours less than your average mattifying powder but this is the sacrifice for the lovely glow this powder provides.

A great positive is the value of this product, only £20 for 35 grams, bargain!!!

Despite the colour mistake i will keep this as way to warm my pastey skin from the neck down as it provides a natural slight tan for me in the summer, a good way to prevent a ghostly glow in holiday photos :L.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this a week ago and can noticeably see the difference in the finish of my base. Does mattify shiny areas pretty well, and is very light and nicely milled so doesn't go on cakey. I was using the Collagenic Mineral Loose Powder by The Face Shop before and I felt that was a little too light in tone and doesn't blend well.

The little brush it comes with is a nice little add on to keep in my make-up bag, but not very practical for actual loose powder application. Bristles are a little too stiff and scratchy!

Packaging wise - it's definitely something you leave on your vanity counter rather than bring with you coz the powder will just go everywhere. I much prefer using a pressed powder for on-the-go touch ups.

Very reasonably priced, lots of product (a little goes a long way!) and this is a definite repurchase. Just make sure to test out all the shades to find one that suits you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Does not mattify!! I have extremely oily, blemish-prone skin with a lot of enlarged pores. This does neither mattify or make the pores look better.... When it comes to the pores B.E mineral veil is better.

I guess this suites more normal skintypes....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I purchased this in the color "Invisible". I really like using this powder as a setting powder. It does work well at keeping my face matte for a very long period of time. Also, I like that it does come with a retractable brush for easy application whether at home or on the go. And, with the amount that you get, it really does last me for months at a time.

The only slight con about this product is that it is a loose powder. And, with loose powders there is a level of messiness involved. However, this will not stop me from continuing to buy this powder in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by avel

You get A LOT OF products for its price. I think it lasted me for more than two years, and I use it almost everyday. The only bad thing about this is that it can get quite messy, but this applies to all loose powder products. It works well on me and I would definitely continue buying it.