Dior Lily eau de toilette

3.3

on 8/3/2010 3:36:00 PM

Straight LOTV. Sharper with pungent almost grasslike greeness combined with lemon peel like notes, a bit like the sharp end of geranium. There is very little floral notes. OK on its own but pales in comparison with Diorissimo. Drydown to muffled green stem note. Wish I had spent my money on more Diorissimo instead.

on 8/15/2007 6:08:00 PM

Wonderful fresh floral with a delightful sweet greenness to the drydown. Not much sillage at all, and it doesn't last very long being an EDT, but excellent for when you want to take no chances at offending anyone with your fragrance and yet still smell sweetly to yourself.
I will say that compared to Frederic Malle Un Lys Med., it seems rather weak. To me, that one is the epitome of the lily fragrance to which all others should aspire. Still, I like the Dior very much and wear it frequently to work.

on 5/28/2007 1:28:00 PM

This is a HG fragrance for me. I spent many years being a Lily-of-the-Valley lover. I will just be thinking that it was a phase, one I've gotten over, then I'll notice a frag I love has, it turns out, an LOTV note. So, when I say I know from LOTV, and love lilies, I MEAN it. Dior's Lily is one of the most beautiful of lilies. Like Dior's Diorissimo, it never gets putrid (as too many LOTV's do). It is Diorissimo's sister, but minus the sandalwood/ylang-ylang smoky, "naughty" part. Lily is elegant, cool, and reminds me of beaches and summer, yet it's never cheap or suntan oil-y. It's beastly to find, and I've stockpiled in dread of a day when I can't find any more. The bottle and packaging are, of course, exquisite. Lily is green, light, wafting, aromatic, with very light touches of bergamot and lilac.

on 4/18/2006 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ranked Doirissimo as 5 lippies and, since this is so similar, I'll gave this one a 5 too. I think it's lovely and better than Serge Lutens' Lily. It stays consistantly beautiful on me and it's softer and easier to wear than Diorissimo. Actually, I feel it's more subdued, more elegent. Leave it to Dior to create such a successful update of its classic. Bravo.

on 11/26/2005 9:06:00 PM

This starts out strong and seems unbearable.Softens down to some green notes and lily of the valley of course.This is a nice fragrance for lily of the valley lovers and I enjoy lily of the valley very much but I think there are better ones out there.Nothing really special.

on 8/18/2004 6:01:00 AM

I got this as part of the voyage range of dior at the airport duty free. It came with chris 1947, forever and ever and i love dior. All minus forever and ever smell very similar.. with lily the main component. It is like a lighter and airy version of diorissimo but not as serious. How odd that a man can be so obsessed with lily of the valley and make a dozen perfumes based on it.

on 7/27/2004 12:23:00 PM

This perfume is great, I wear it very often. I love the smell of Lilly of the Valley, just can't get enough of it. Too bad it's so hard to find...

on 2/16/2004 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a slightly sweet, fresh perfume. It smells like a real lily, with a touch of green plant-like notes as well.

on 3/23/2003 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am very picky about buying fragrances. I tried Lily at Sephora and bought it a few days later.
Lily is light, clean and fresh without being too sweet or powdery-smelling.
I wear it daily.

on 1/15/2003 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just got my order of Dior Lily in the mail and it's disgusting! It's giving me a headache and smells exactly like Calgon Water Lilies, which I gave away 'cause it made me sick. I'm so disappointed. It smells nothing like my favourite smelling Lily flower. Two or three times, on the bus, at work, I've smelled the perfect Lily fragrance and I thought this was what it was, not so. :'( I wanted something fresh, pretty and exotic, instead it's heady and gross. By comparison, I really like Ralph but even that's too strong sometimes and I'm kinda sick of it. Thought this would be a nice change. :/

Popular Fragrances