July 31, 2014 | 2058 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Lily eau de toilette

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by elaborate

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Straight LOTV. Sharper with pungent almost grasslike greeness combined with lemon peel like notes, a bit like the sharp end of geranium. There is very little floral notes. OK on its own but pales in comparison with Diorissimo. Drydown to muffled green stem note. Wish I had spent my money on more Diorissimo instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sarakat

Wonderful fresh floral with a delightful sweet greenness to the drydown. Not much sillage at all, and it doesn't last very long being an EDT, but excellent for when you want to take no chances at offending anyone with your fragrance and yet still smell sweetly to yourself.
I will say that compared to Frederic Malle Un Lys Med., it seems rather weak. To me, that one is the epitome of the lily fragrance to which all others should aspire. Still, I like the Dior very much and wear it frequently to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

This is a HG fragrance for me. I spent many years being a Lily-of-the-Valley lover. I will just be thinking that it was a phase, one I've gotten over, then I'll notice a frag I love has, it turns out, an LOTV note. So, when I say I know from LOTV, and love lilies, I MEAN it. Dior's Lily is one of the most beautiful of lilies. Like Dior's Diorissimo, it never gets putrid (as too many LOTV's do). It is Diorissimo's sister, but minus the sandalwood/ylang-ylang smoky, "naughty" part. Lily is elegant, cool, and reminds me of beaches and summer, yet it's never cheap or suntan oil-y. It's beastly to find, and I've stockpiled in dread of a day when I can't find any more. The bottle and packaging are, of course, exquisite. Lily is green, light, wafting, aromatic, with very light touches of bergamot and lilac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I ranked Doirissimo as 5 lippies and, since this is so similar, I'll gave this one a 5 too. I think it's lovely and better than Serge Lutens' Lily. It stays consistantly beautiful on me and it's softer and easier to wear than Diorissimo. Actually, I feel it's more subdued, more elegent. Leave it to Dior to create such a successful update of its classic. Bravo.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2005 9:06:00 PM More reviews by moogiemyer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This starts out strong and seems unbearable.Softens down to some green notes and lily of the valley of course.This is a nice fragrance for lily of the valley lovers and I enjoy lily of the valley very much but I think there are better ones out there.Nothing really special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by monicako

I got this as part of the voyage range of dior at the airport duty free. It came with chris 1947, forever and ever and i love dior. All minus forever and ever smell very similar.. with lily the main component. It is like a lighter and airy version of diorissimo but not as serious. How odd that a man can be so obsessed with lily of the valley and make a dozen perfumes based on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JuLondon

This perfume is great, I wear it very often. I love the smell of Lilly of the Valley, just can't get enough of it. Too bad it's so hard to find...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarita360

This is a slightly sweet, fresh perfume. It smells like a real lily, with a touch of green plant-like notes as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by AWOL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very picky about buying fragrances. I tried Lily at Sephora and bought it a few days later.
Lily is light, clean and fresh without being too sweet or powdery-smelling.
I wear it daily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2003 2:08:00 PM More reviews by lena_dahling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got my order of Dior Lily in the mail and it's disgusting! It's giving me a headache and smells exactly like Calgon Water Lilies, which I gave away 'cause it made me sick. I'm so disappointed. It smells nothing like my favourite smelling Lily flower. Two or three times, on the bus, at work, I've smelled the perfect Lily fragrance and I thought this was what it was, not so. :'( I wanted something fresh, pretty and exotic, instead it's heady and gross. By comparison, I really like Ralph but even that's too strong sometimes and I'm kinda sick of it. Thought this would be a nice change. :/