Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in L.U.V.

4.8

The patchy pink tinged fraternal twin sister of Susperia. So she's a slight bit brighter, with a very pink undertone that leaves behind a stain for days. But L.U.V is very similar to Susperia, one of the newer colours in the same line.

Susperia has less pink, more towards lavender, and doesn't leave my lips stained for days which I prefer as I do change my lip colour every single day. I find Susperia less patchy as well, and so I will also pick up Susperia over L.U.V every single time!

The formula is wonderful as usual. Top notch. I just would not purchase this shade specifically again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ok so I decided to leave my comfort zone of pinks and reds and venture into areas unknown.

L.U.V. is purple with redish undertones making it more wearable then the cooler shade they had (the lip stain looked like something a clown would wear!!!!)

I swatched it on my hand and had to use make-up remover to get it off, the stuff WILL NOT BUDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! even when I got home I noticed I still had a little stain on my hand and had to remove it again. bought it the next day and it's so different from what I usually use!

Because my lips are very pigmented the resulting colour is more burgundy they the photos on the site so I invested in a purplish lip pencil to bring the colour out properly.

It's different yet wearable (no clowns here thank you!)
It feels like it should be dry because of the matte finish but left my lips in good shape, most mattes end up chipping at them but this one felt... soft!
doesn't smudge even after eating and drinking.
oddly enough, the colour adds sophistication to your look so I would recommend it more for formal events.

I was a bit skeptical about it since I'm REALLY fair with cool undertones so I avoid dark colours *they just look like odd when you're too fair* but with the lip pencil I always feel elegant and people keep commenting on the colour. it helps that the packaging is so lovely because they snatch the lippie from my hand the minute they see it and that is before I've even showed them the lipstick.

It does look better on those with darker skin tones so if you're fair you might want to try it first. it's a bit pricey but worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing shade :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love this product! First of all for ladies with darker skin, this will look amazing on you. It's just enough bold without being too in your face. Also the lasting power is AMAZING. I wore it for a wedding (14 hour day) and the only time I had to touch it up was after we ate dinner. And even then the only place it faded was in the centre. I know some people call these drying(which they are a bit so EXFOLIATE), but to me so long as my lips are hydrated prior to application this has never been a problem. Everyone needs this in their life!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been having a ton of fun amping up my lip game with L.U.V. It's a perfect bright, bold, matte purple. Not too vampy, not too grey, and very flattering against my warm Indian skin tone. It goes on pretty opaque, but I usually wear two layers for even coverage. The formula is a bit more drying than my Sephora Lip Creamstain, but not as drying as my Stila Liquid Lipstick. I'm happy to trade moisture for longevity, though, and once this baby dries, it's not going anywhere!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love L.U.V. being really into deep purple colors this is the perfect shade. it is a true matte finish but also drying on the lips. the color is very long lasting.I am looking forward to getting vampira next.

I LOVED this product. First off, when I swatched it, I couldn't for the life of me get it off my hand. The next day I wore it and it was the longest lasting lipstick I have ever purchased in my life (which is saying something because I own over 60 lipsticks). I never had to reapply and it lasted me from 6:30 AM to about 5 PM and it stayed as pigmented as when I first applied it. I will forever purchase these lipsticks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Where I live, it's nearly impossible to find a genuine purple colored lipstick, so I ordered this from Sephora using birthday money.

This. Is. The. Best. Beauty. Product. Ever.

1) It's ACTUALLY as purple as the pictures you see online and as the tube!

2) It goes on creamy but then dries matte in under 2 minutes

3) Once it's dry, even if you touch it or smudge it it doesn't move or come off!

4) It's not AS difficult as everyone says to accurately put it on: yesterday I applied it using the given applicator (not my own lipbrush) and it was fine!

It isn't necessarily drying, but I usually make sure I have a ton of lip balm underneath so that it will last even longer without me having to touch it up.

It may seem pricey, but with a product like this, it is definitely worth every dollar. I'm going to order another in A-go-go soon!

I took quite a huge personal leap purchasing this, as I was completely intimidated by purple shaded lipsticks! I thought a lilac shade would look so much better, when in fact I look un-dead.

The employee at Sephora basically dared me to try it out and I instantly fell in love. Keep in mind it is a matte lipstick so it can be quite drying, however exfoliating your lips and using Aquaphor can help a lot.

They don't lie about it lasting a long time, greasy foods do put up a bit of a fight and I find I have to really scrub to get it off.
If I ever run out I wouldn't hesitate to get this beautiful lipstick again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG OMG OMG. O. M. G.
I'm in love.
I'm in L.U.V.
I wanted a bright purple, and boy did I get it.
This is a spot on color dupe for MAC Heroine with eleventy bajillion times the staying power.
It does apply a wee bit unevenly, but once I go in for coat #2, it's even and awesome and amazing.
It's hard to apply neatly, but that's why we have lip brushes.
Tad bit drying, but it's matte. What do you expect?
Needs a demolition crew to remove.
$19 at Sephora, which is less than the similar-but-not-identical Stila liquid lipsticks (and the KVD version has a more varied color selection), and so far, it seems to stay on even longer.
Also, this stuff is totally weightless. I feel like I'm wearing nothing on my lips.
The packaging is gorgeous. The doe-foot applicator can make application a little tricky, but again, I prefer a lip brush for products like this anyway.
I used to hate KVD lip products after trying the Painted Love and Foiled Love lipsticks (ugh, yuck), but this lip product is definitely a winner.

Recommended for Medium Skin