St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/28/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've only just started getting into using a regular scrub, but out of the few I've tried this is by far the best!

When I first tried this product I first cleansed my face with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (normally I'd use my Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser, but I just couldn't be bothered that night!). I lightly wet my face and then squeezed out about a 10 cent piece worth of product. I rubbed the scrub between my fingertips for a few seconds before massaging the product into my skin, starting in the centre of my face and moving outwards. I concentrated on my nose and forehead, where I had the most blackheads, dry skin etc. I then rinsed my face with water before applying my Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

In my experience most drugstore priced scrubs from brands such as Clearasil, Clean & Clear, Garnier etc, fail to really deep clean my pores and completely remove any dry/flaky skin. This scrub was incredibly thorough without being too harsh on my moderately sensitive skin. My face felt instantly smooth and my pores clean and fresh.

Another plus for this product is the smell! It makes me feel completely refreshed and pampered :) The price (which for me was AUD$9) was great for the quality and amount of product, and the packaging was as good as any scrub I've tried.

As of right now I'd definitely re-purchase this scrub, although I've been experimenting with other products so that might change. If nothing else I definitely recommend this scrub for anyone looking for a drugstore-priced product that's actually effective in deep-cleaning and smoothing skin :)

UPDATE: I should say that the 4 lipstick rating was purely because although it's the best that I've tried (and I've tried around 4 other similar products), I am fairly new to using a daily/regular scrub and there's always room for improvement :) I tend to save my 5 lipsticks for holy grail products :D

on 4/24/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I hate sensitive skin, so this was a bit harsh, but the smell is good and mild, and my face looked great afterwards :)

on 4/24/2015 10:19:00 AM

I love this scrub! If you have sensitive skin, you probably want to try the green tea scrub by st. ives because THIS IS INTENSE. but i love it. it makes my skin feel so soft and helps clear up my skin. love love love it. holy grail exfoliater.

on 4/13/2015 12:10:00 PM

I can't be without this great stuff. I've used it for 20 years and love it. No high end brand works as well. And the granules are all natural and therefore aren't polluting our streams and rivers. Yay!!

on 4/6/2015 8:10:00 PM

As far as exfoliating scrubs go, this is one of my favourites. The ingredients are pretty natural and there is just a hint of scent so it feels gentle on my sensitive skin. The walnut shells gently exfoliate and brighten the skin while removing dead cells. The pieces are not large but not small enough to irritate my pores. I use this when I'm in the shower to gently wash off all the gunk on my face.

The price is very good and you get a large amount of product. I don't like to spend a ton on things you just wash off right away, but I also want to make sure I'm not putting harmful chemicals or cheap products on my face: this product is a perfect balance of those expectations.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me just start by saying that I've had acne since I was in 4th grade. It was always just one or two on my forehead because of my fringe. Later in 8th grade I started getting more. I bought an apricot scrub from Great Value (Target Brand) when I saw how the St. Ives was a dollar more. The Great Value scrub worked AMAZING, and since it was a copy of St. Ives I figured the St. Ives would be better. I was wrong. I checked the list of ingredients and they have EXACTLY the same ingredients. I compared the scrub and it looks the same, and smells the same. So I ended up paying a dollar more .-. I wouldn't buy the St. Ives again. I'll just stick to the Great Value. If you don't believe me go to your nearest target and pick up both of these items and see for yourself. Hope my review was helpful

on 3/30/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As soon as I hit my teenage years and started having acne, I used this scrub, and for some reason did not question the extremely dry patches I had on my face. I just assumed that my skin was dry, and there was nothing to do about it. Turns out, this scrub was the culprit all along. I have dry skin already, and this was making the problem much worse. Since I quit this scrub and have stuck to much gentler/moisturizing products, my skin overall has improved a lot, and my dry patched have gown away all together.

First, I want to clarify that this review is for the Blemish Control apricot scrub. There are a few different kind, and this is the best to me. It's really a great product! It works, it's affordable, and you can find it just about everywhere. I have combination skin that can be very oily and very dry at times, and this works wonderfully no matter what. I've tried different, usually more expensive products over the years (mostly out of boredom/curiosity) and I always go back to this one.

on 3/20/2015 7:23:00 AM

been using this for awhile now and probably am on my third or fourth one now. it's basic and gets the job done. smells great and my face feels refreshed and smooth after use. I use it about twice a week. it's not drying and would definitely recommend it for those looking at a basic scrub to start off. it's very affordable and widely available.

on 3/10/2015 1:38:00 AM

Discovered this in high school and loved it exfoliates SO nice and doesn't dry out my skin at all and the smell is incredible

Popular Scrubs