December 22, 2014 | 1580 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Moist Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Sexyinwi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aussie Moist Shampoo wins for being the WORST SHAMPOO EVER! The SMELL of this disgusting shampoo is the worst I have ever experienced in my life, and I've tried just about every shampoo from high end to low end. I was shopping and looking for a new moisturizing shampoo that came in a large bottle with a pump and this fit the bill. I took a sniff and it wasn't too bad as far as I could tell in the store, so I took it home. The next morning as I was washing my hair in the shower, the overwhelming disgusting smell took over the entire bathroom and even lingered into the bedroom and hallway, the stench was THAT STRONG! I could smell a very sickening smell on my hair all day, and that evening, 12 hours after I shampooed with Aussie Moist, I could STILL smell the nauseating scent! My husband came home and his hair also reeked because he had also used this shampoo. This stench also stuck to my pillow cases and it took me SIX washes to finally get the entire stench out of my pillow cases! I did some research online to see if anyone had the same experience of this shampoo and to my absolute amazement, the majority of people out there seem to LOVE the scent of this shampoo! I'm extremely picky and this leaves me to believe that people are just too brainwashed and have extremely bad taste! Especially, after viewing the wiki page of Aussie and finding out that Aussie uses TOXIC CHEMICALS in their products! This scared the crap out of me so much that I made a special trip to my local store specifically to immediately return both the Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner to the store! Both myself and my husband had a horrible headache all day after using this shampoo and conditioner combo and we never get headaches! I will NOT have toxic chemicals in my home and especially will not have my family using them!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a budget shampoo/conditioner to use inbetween washes using Redken All soft & having seen great reviews on MUA decided to give this & the conditioner a try. Aussie do little travel size bottles too, so figured it was a super cheap way to give them a try. I have to say, considering my last experience of Aussie about 10 years ago (no problems, just didn't work for my very long, naturally curly & bleached hair) this time round I was really impressed! Enough, indeed, to decide to buy the full size bottles when these ran out. Move on a couple of weeks & I start to notice a rash of spots across my forehead & around my hairline. Because I was alternating the Aussie with my redken, I didn't see a link at first, because the rash/spots were going & then coming back. After the 3rd outbreak though I started to think it might be the Aussie. After a process of further elimination, only using products I was totally sure weren't breaking me out & then re-trying a few different things, it became clear that Aussie was the culprit. I've been know to have sensitive skin on my hands before & I am allergic to ppd (widely found in darker hair colourants) but other than that I've never had a reaction to any product before, so I'm not very impressed with Aussie because they must have put something quite nasty in their products to get a reaction from me. I'll still be fair & give 3 lippies for the performance of the products, but I won't be re-purchasing & do have to wonder what nasties are in this brand?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by imaprilfae

I've been using Wen but wanted to try something new since Wen costs way too much, so I switched to this. It ended up drying out my hair and leaving it coarse. The smell is nice, but it can be overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Megalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS SHAMPOO IS AMAZING. I figured at the price it as too good to be true. After reading numerous good reviews I gave it a try. I used Paul Mitchell daily color shampoo that dried my hair so bad I didn't think it could recover my fine color treated hair. It saved it after one wash. Definitely using this again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Rosiemuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo the smell is amazing and i always receive compliments on the smell!

This shampoo leave my hair feeling clean, light and soft

love the aussie range

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sweety77799

Ok so I have long thick hair and when I look at all these reviews about them saying that it will dry out there hair or make it oily or make your scalp itch, I just think that it depends on what type of hair you have and if your skin get irritated easily about what type of shampoo and conditioner you use on it.

I've always used this brand of shampoo, it always leaves my hair smelling good with a nice and soft textue without leaving any tangles or knots in it, it doesn't leave my hair and scalp all dry and itchy like some other brands I use. Over all I think this is grate and I will continue to use this kind of shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Strips my hair and dries it out...my long, thick, colored hair was left in tangles and knots. My hair felt coarse. Yes it lathers well and smells good, but that is not the most important thing. The deep conditioner from this line is the only thing that's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo, along with the conditioner, just became my HG's for shampoo and conditioner. I immediately noticed results. My hair felt SO much more softer and it definitely helped cut down on frizz. I bought the bigger bottle that comes with the pump because I always prefer that kind of packaging. About a $1 or $2 more, but worth it. I will definitely keep on purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ewwie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this is my new favorite shampoo!
Smell is amazing, product is a light purple, creamy color. Lathers well.

A few people have mentioned this drying out their ends, but I have not had that issue. However, I only use this on my scalp. I use about two quarter sized squirts and spend a lot of time massaging it into my scalp - about a whole minute. After that I lift up the ends of my hair while I rinse so that all of the product doesn't run down the ends of my hair, a little bit naturally gets on them, but I don't ever apply it directly to my ends - doing that I've never had an issue with dry ends with this particular shampoo.

Really takes out the oil on my hair too, so I never come out greasy. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so so when I wash it's usually pretty oily. It also removes any residue of product I had in without drying out my hair. Afterwards my hair smells great and is nice and soft.

I plan on buying this again in the biggest bottle I can find. I pair it with their deep conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

the thick and creamy formula lathers well,
doesn't overstrip hair, is inexpensive and smells good.

unfortunately it made my scalp itchy and feeling "coated" every time i used it. it contains dimethicone which i try to avoid in shampoo. i decided to use up the rest as a body wash but got the same itchy dry result on my skin. pass.