January 26, 2015 | 2073 users online

Shampoo - Aussie - Moist Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 9:16:00 AM More reviews by crumbies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

favorite shampoo so far. it leaves my hair so soft, smooth and shiny. i personally like the smell so i don't mind the fact that the scent doesn't wear off 2-3 days after washing my hair. it doesn't leave my hair greasy or too flat. overall, great product with good price. will definitely be using this product for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 9:46:00 PM More reviews by IchLiebeMeinenHund

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that when I bought this product, Aussie Moist shampoo, I didn't expect too much from it. But it pleasantly surprised me!
First of all, my hair tends to get greasy fairly quickly. Therefore I was assuming that after using this product, it will be necessary to wash my hair again the next day. Well, that didn't happen. When I use Aussie Moist shampoo, I only need to wash my hair once in 3 days.
The fact that my hair gets greasy much slower when I use this product is the deal breaker for me, however, there is more to mention. Personally, I find the smell of the shampoo wonderful. What I also like about it is that the smell stays in my hair for a long time before it wears off... I can smell the shampoo as late as the third day.
Also, when I use this shampoo, I don't even need a conditioner; my hair never gets tangled.
What is also important is that the price is affordable. I'm not the kind of person who's willing to pay a lot for a shampoo, so Aussie is the perfect choice for me. There are some discounts in the stores pretty much all the time -- I bought mine for 4 dollars including taxes.
I rated ''Packaging 4/5.'' Why? Because I sometimes find the cap of the bottle difficult to open. It requires more strength from time to time.
To sum it up, I definitely recommend this product. It may not work for you the same way as it works for me, but if you can't decide if to try the product or not, go for it. You might as well find your HG just like I did.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Sexyinwi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aussie Moist Shampoo wins for being the WORST SHAMPOO EVER! The SMELL of this disgusting shampoo is the worst I have ever experienced in my life, and I've tried just about every shampoo from high end to low end. I was shopping and looking for a new moisturizing shampoo that came in a large bottle with a pump and this fit the bill. I took a sniff and it wasn't too bad as far as I could tell in the store, so I took it home. The next morning as I was washing my hair in the shower, the overwhelming disgusting smell took over the entire bathroom and even lingered into the bedroom and hallway, the stench was THAT STRONG! I could smell a very sickening smell on my hair all day, and that evening, 12 hours after I shampooed with Aussie Moist, I could STILL smell the nauseating scent! My husband came home and his hair also reeked because he had also used this shampoo. This stench also stuck to my pillow cases and it took me SIX washes to finally get the entire stench out of my pillow cases! I did some research online to see if anyone had the same experience of this shampoo and to my absolute amazement, the majority of people out there seem to LOVE the scent of this shampoo! I'm extremely picky and this leaves me to believe that people are just too brainwashed and have extremely bad taste! Especially, after viewing the wiki page of Aussie and finding out that Aussie uses TOXIC CHEMICALS in their products! This scared the crap out of me so much that I made a special trip to my local store specifically to immediately return both the Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner to the store! Both myself and my husband had a horrible headache all day after using this shampoo and conditioner combo and we never get headaches! I will NOT have toxic chemicals in my home and especially will not have my family using them!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a budget shampoo/conditioner to use inbetween washes using Redken All soft & having seen great reviews on MUA decided to give this & the conditioner a try. Aussie do little travel size bottles too, so figured it was a super cheap way to give them a try. I have to say, considering my last experience of Aussie about 10 years ago (no problems, just didn't work for my very long, naturally curly & bleached hair) this time round I was really impressed! Enough, indeed, to decide to buy the full size bottles when these ran out. Move on a couple of weeks & I start to notice a rash of spots across my forehead & around my hairline. Because I was alternating the Aussie with my redken, I didn't see a link at first, because the rash/spots were going & then coming back. After the 3rd outbreak though I started to think it might be the Aussie. After a process of further elimination, only using products I was totally sure weren't breaking me out & then re-trying a few different things, it became clear that Aussie was the culprit. I've been know to have sensitive skin on my hands before & I am allergic to ppd (widely found in darker hair colourants) but other than that I've never had a reaction to any product before, so I'm not very impressed with Aussie because they must have put something quite nasty in their products to get a reaction from me. I'll still be fair & give 3 lippies for the performance of the products, but I won't be re-purchasing & do have to wonder what nasties are in this brand?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by imaprilfae

I've been using Wen but wanted to try something new since Wen costs way too much, so I switched to this. It ended up drying out my hair and leaving it coarse. The smell is nice, but it can be overpowering.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Megalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS SHAMPOO IS AMAZING. I figured at the price it as too good to be true. After reading numerous good reviews I gave it a try. I used Paul Mitchell daily color shampoo that dried my hair so bad I didn't think it could recover my fine color treated hair. It saved it after one wash. Definitely using this again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Rosiemuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo the smell is amazing and i always receive compliments on the smell!

This shampoo leave my hair feeling clean, light and soft

love the aussie range

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sweety77799

Ok so I have long thick hair and when I look at all these reviews about them saying that it will dry out there hair or make it oily or make your scalp itch, I just think that it depends on what type of hair you have and if your skin get irritated easily about what type of shampoo and conditioner you use on it.

I've always used this brand of shampoo, it always leaves my hair smelling good with a nice and soft textue without leaving any tangles or knots in it, it doesn't leave my hair and scalp all dry and itchy like some other brands I use. Over all I think this is grate and I will continue to use this kind of shampoo and conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Strips my hair and dries it out...my long, thick, colored hair was left in tangles and knots. My hair felt coarse. Yes it lathers well and smells good, but that is not the most important thing. The deep conditioner from this line is the only thing that's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo, along with the conditioner, just became my HG's for shampoo and conditioner. I immediately noticed results. My hair felt SO much more softer and it definitely helped cut down on frizz. I bought the bigger bottle that comes with the pump because I always prefer that kind of packaging. About a $1 or $2 more, but worth it. I will definitely keep on purchasing it.

UPDATE 1/1/15: UGHH so I guess I spoke too soon because this ended up giving me so many split ends and drying out my hair. A total shame because I thought this was going to be a really great shampoo and conditioner. I've since switched to Garnier Fructis and so far, so good.