Aussie Moist Shampoo

3.9

NEW 2012 FORMULA water, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, sodium citrate, cocamide mea, sodium xylenesulfonate, fragrance, aloe leaf juice, jojoba seed oil, ecklonia radiata extract, dimethicone, citric acid, sodium benzate, sodium chloride, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, tertrasodium edta,methychloridsothiazolione, methyisolizatonaione, yellow5, red33.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

My hair isn't particularly dry but it has a bad reaction to harsh shampoos so I always go with the gentle moisturizing ones. This one lathers very nicely in the shower and gets my hair clean enough although it causes my flyaway root hairs to stick out more than my usual shampoo. I will say that my roots feel a bit heavy and flatter than normal so I expect it will make my hair oily within the next day. It didn't seem to have dried out my length which is a good thing. Overall it's a nice shampoo but not up there with my favorites. It will work well as an alternative to my other products from time to time and it smells amazing.

on 5/12/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just loved this product! I have very fine, straight hair and I had to let it grow so I could wear a nice, voluminous chignon on my wedding. It grew downt to my waist, but the ends got horribly dry and split ended. So I tried the Moist line (shampoo, conditioner and 3-minute mascara) and the results were amazing! My hair got significantely softer and more manageable. The shampoo really moisturizes my hair without weighing it down. I don't think it would be suitabe for coarser hair, though.
I keep buying this even now, that the wedding has passed and I finally chopped all of the damaged hair off. Too bad it is very expensive here in South America.

on 4/19/2015 12:46:00 PM

My hair is oily on top and dry on the bottom and this stuff was too "moist" for me. Didn't add moisture to my ends and made my roots oilier

on 4/11/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This isn't for people with sensitive skin. It made my neck and scalp break out, most with headless pimples. I noticed as I alternated with my regular shampoo.

I normally use Tresemme Touchable Soft and it performed about the same. With the Tresemme, I can get more and it costs less.

on 3/30/2015 11:28:00 PM

I love how this smells! It's kind of fruity and tropical. I definitely lasts for a while, so you have to be okay with the scent. This cleanses and lather well, and doesn't leave any build up in my hair. For the price, i'd repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was hoping this stuff was gonna help me with my coarse curly hair, make them softer, get rid of frizz and more moisturized but I don't think this shampoo is made for a curly hair. For the girls with straight hair it might work pretty well and the smell of it is nice too...reminds me of watermelon but I'd suggest to curly gals to stay away from it.

on 1/31/2015 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a HUGE pump bottle of this for around $5 !! My hair had been put through the ringer, and actually had started falling out and breaking off from over coloring and heat products . I started using this and my hair immediately started feeling and looking better.....and after 2 years of just not growing at all, it has grown over 6" the past few months . It IS very moisturizing, so the only issue I have is that by the second day, my hair is very oily at the roots. So, if you have oily hair, you may want to alternate with other shampoos. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !

on 1/20/2015 9:16:00 AM

favorite shampoo so far. it leaves my hair so soft, smooth and shiny. i personally like the smell so i don't mind the fact that the scent doesn't wear off 2-3 days after washing my hair. it doesn't leave my hair greasy or too flat. overall, great product with good price. will definitely be using this product for a long time!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have to admit that when I bought this product, Aussie Moist shampoo, I didn't expect too much from it. But it pleasantly surprised me!
First of all, my hair tends to get greasy fairly quickly. Therefore I was assuming that after using this product, it will be necessary to wash my hair again the next day. Well, that didn't happen. When I use Aussie Moist shampoo, I only need to wash my hair once in 3 days.
The fact that my hair gets greasy much slower when I use this product is the deal breaker for me, however, there is more to mention. Personally, I find the smell of the shampoo wonderful. What I also like about it is that the smell stays in my hair for a long time before it wears off... I can smell the shampoo as late as the third day.
Also, when I use this shampoo, I don't even need a conditioner; my hair never gets tangled.
What is also important is that the price is affordable. I'm not the kind of person who's willing to pay a lot for a shampoo, so Aussie is the perfect choice for me. There are some discounts in the stores pretty much all the time -- I bought mine for 4 dollars including taxes.
I rated ''Packaging 4/5.'' Why? Because I sometimes find the cap of the bottle difficult to open. It requires more strength from time to time.
To sum it up, I definitely recommend this product. It may not work for you the same way as it works for me, but if you can't decide if to try the product or not, go for it. You might as well find your HG just like I did.

on 12/22/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Aussie Moist Shampoo wins for being the WORST SHAMPOO EVER! The SMELL of this disgusting shampoo is the worst I have ever experienced in my life, and I've tried just about every shampoo from high end to low end. I was shopping and looking for a new moisturizing shampoo that came in a large bottle with a pump and this fit the bill. I took a sniff and it wasn't too bad as far as I could tell in the store, so I took it home. The next morning as I was washing my hair in the shower, the overwhelming disgusting smell took over the entire bathroom and even lingered into the bedroom and hallway, the stench was THAT STRONG! I could smell a very sickening smell on my hair all day, and that evening, 12 hours after I shampooed with Aussie Moist, I could STILL smell the nauseating scent! My husband came home and his hair also reeked because he had also used this shampoo. This stench also stuck to my pillow cases and it took me SIX washes to finally get the entire stench out of my pillow cases! I did some research online to see if anyone had the same experience of this shampoo and to my absolute amazement, the majority of people out there seem to LOVE the scent of this shampoo! I'm extremely picky and this leaves me to believe that people are just too brainwashed and have extremely bad taste! Especially, after viewing the wiki page of Aussie and finding out that Aussie uses TOXIC CHEMICALS in their products! This scared the crap out of me so much that I made a special trip to my local store specifically to immediately return both the Aussie Moist shampoo and conditioner to the store! Both myself and my husband had a horrible headache all day after using this shampoo and conditioner combo and we never get headaches! I will NOT have toxic chemicals in my home and especially will not have my family using them!

Popular Shampoos