December 21, 2014 | 1669 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

This in my opinion is one of the better drugstore foundations. I paid $8 I believe for this at Ulta. I'm kind of pale between neutral and yellow undertones and this foundation in 110 looked really good on me. Its highly blendable with a sponge but it dries quickly. It oxidized on my skin about 30 minutes after application but not too much, although there was a noticeable change. It applied as medium coverage and covered most red marks minus some acne. I think it looks pretty natural, a little cakey but still good. It felt kind of heavy on the face which didn't bother me too much but in the mirror it definitely did not look like I had foundation on. When going for cheap, this definitely is one of my favorites!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation and I'm REALLY picky when it comes to them! It looks really natural and not cakey like most other drugstore foundations. I expected to hate this because I dislike most covergirl products but it's really nice. It lasts a decent amount of time on me and doesn't seem to be breaking me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

HOLY GRAIL STATUS. I usually don't use covergirl becaue of the horrible color range and this is a tiny bit better than some of the covergirl lines. I purchased 105 classic ivory and it has more neutral tones than 115 Buff Beige with has a little more yellow. They both go on a tad bit orange alone BUT I HAVE A WAY TO MAKE THIS FOUNDATION WORK for all you light skinned gals. I always have troubles with foundations being too dark no matter who makes them. BUT you can fix this. I use Zu Zu Luxe green primer. You can get it at Whole Foods or Natural grocers or on line or ebay etc. It's a really good primer that really helps make up stay plus it has only good ingredients. The MAGIC of this green primer is that when you apply makeup over it, it doesn't turn orange and stays a lighter color. Keep in mind, I use enough of the green primer that I do look a little "green" but blend it in well and then put this (or any makeup over it) and your foundation stays a lighter color. Now back to this foundation. Light skinned gals can't wear it without this green primer. TRUST ME....I tested it both ways and the green primer makes a world of difference. This foundation is awesome! NOT CAKEY. Lasts all day but you are going to need to really moisturize prior as it can be drying. I use the powder that goes with this and my face looks perfect. The powder is sheer. You could wear this without powder as it's quite matte. Doesn't emphasize pores like long lasting Revlon Color stay which is why I never used that product as it really made my pores obvious. This makeup is fantastic! It's a medium coverage but it definitely buildable and NEVER EVER gets cakey! love that! So try it but if you are fair skinned (I'm NC 15 in winter and NC 20 in summer), you gotta get the green primer or you will not be happy as the shades simply are not going to be light enough!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugabeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lots of product in the tube. Good match on color. But for an oil free foundation, ive never felt something so heavy and greasy on my skin. Im not oily skinned usually, but by 2 hours in after applying this, i felt like i wanted to wipe it off and start again. Ill give it another shot, but it does feel a bit too gel-like for my liking. Needs a good setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by scriibblez

I bought it after seeing all the raves on YouTube. My skin has (annoyingly) transitioned into oily and dehydrated, and it was driving me nuts that my foundations never dried down and was always wiping off. I love that this foundation dries to the touch right away and lasts a decent amount of time. The oil control is good, and I only need to blot/touch up after 4-6 hours. I don't really like the shade selection.. For once, my drugstore foundation is TOO yellow haha. The packaging is cute, but I'd prefer a pump.. which would probably drive the price way up -- love how cheap this foundation is.. I think it was around 7 cdn. I found it just ok when I first got it, but I've been reaching for it nearly everyday, so I guess I really do value the dry down. I will repurchase for the dry touch factor, but will not hesitate to dump this if I find something with better shade selection and dry touch. I'm also concerned if the breakouts everyone is reporting is what I'm experiencing..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Naniki007

At first I was in love with this product, I have combination skin, but can get really oily in my T-Zone, and this past summer I went bare, pretty much just a natural skin tone eye shadow, liner and mascara. All this because my makeup would only give about 4 hours of wear (Smashbox primer, Bare Minerals powder foundation, and setting spray) I finally had enough so I went without. After lightening up from the summer tanning I figured I would try Bareminerals lighter powder, well guess what, since I have golden undertones, they don't make anything to fit me, not even in liquid form. Forward and I came across this, and loved how natural it looks, I don't like heavy markup and I liked that about this makeup, it gave me 12+ hours of wear with no touch ups, but within a few days, ahhhhh breakouts. At first I thought it was just me, stress at work and whatnot, but since I don't EVER breakout, I figured I would do a little more research and it's not just me and is pretty sad, I don't know what to do, since it's a perfect match, last all day, makes me look even and fresh, but I break out :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I bought this because of the rave reviews from makeupbytiffanyd on YouTube who said it was perfect for oily skin, never got oily with it on, and was even better than her higher end foundations so of course being an oily skin girl I had to get it. Well the first time I wore it I loved it. It looked really good on and seemed to last pretty well. But it seemed the more I used it the more I started to dislike it. I noticed it would oxidize pretty bad throughout the day and would get extremely oily on my nose, forehead, & cheeks. I also think it might be breaking me out. I can't say exactly because I do break out often but it wasn't this bad before I started using it. I think this would be good for someone with combo skin and not acne prone. Its one of the better drugstore foundations but I definitely don't think it's anywhere near as good as my Estée Lauder double wear or MUFE mat velvet

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elle81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I guess my skin is to dry for this. Very light coverage and shows off every single flaw and dry patch. I returned it. This might be good for someone with very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by erikaarivass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOOOOOVE this foundation! After trying numerous foundations (high end - drugstore) this has become my HG! I have oily skin with a few dark marks from previous pimples; around my period I get a few pimples due to the hormones but otherwise nothing bad. This foundation is perfect for me! I use it everyday and I have never broken out from it. I lasts me from morning till night with few uses of my ELF face blot paper thing. I have olive skin with a yellow undertone and at first I thought this would leave me looking pink but it matched my skin perfectly! I love the squeeze bottle and for the price, I love it even more.
I would recommend this to my worst enemy! LOL

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I wanted to love this so bad. I could apply it with my hands in a couple seconds and it made my skin look natural and gorgeous. Itís matte, but not so much so that it removes the depth from your skin if that makes any sense. It isnít full coverage, but it does cover pretty well. I would say medium coverage. I wore this alone and didnít get overly greasy. It also didnít come apart in my oily spots and it stayed on for a good 10 hours. I really really wish I could say this was my HG as I though it was, but alas, it has one major downfall. It clogged my pores like no other foundation Iíve ever used. I mean I had black heads, white heads and a couple nasty pimples after only a couple days of use. I had to go over my entire face and purge everything, then do a Maracuja Oil mask all night. My skin isnít completely over this massacre. Iíve stopped using it and itíll probably go in the trash 