Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation when I don't want to waste my expensive ones. Its a fantastic day to day foundation, the coverage is light/medium and build able and. The shade selection leans more towards a yellow undertone and does not oxidize like many other CG foundations. It applies beautifully with a beauty blender (I don't recommend using a brush as it can be streaky). Its not quite liquid like the L'oreal true match foundation, i'd say its a more gel whip liquid formula if that makes any sense, feels super light on the skin. I especially love it because it does last all day for me, like 10 hours. The only downside to this foundation is it can accentuate fine lines slightly, nothing drastic, I only notice it when I examine up close. But overall its totally worth the price tag! I just finished my first tube :)

I'm about to buy my third tube of this! I wore 110 in the summer and switched to 105 for the winter months. Both have matched me perfectly during their respective seasons. CG's pale shades tend to run very pink, but, happily, these are neither too pink nor too yellow. I'm so happy with the shade match.
This has perfect medium coverage. It can be sheered out with a wet BB or can be nearly full coverage when stippled on or applied with a dry sponge. It makes me look flawless without looking mask-like.
It wears well throughout the day. Unlike most foundations that I've used, it doesn't separate on my oily areas and I probably only feel the need to powder about once per day.
The squeeze-tube packaging is ideal. I can dispense just the right amount, and it's very travel-friendly. I also know that I'm milking out every last drop!
No fragrance, doesn't clog my pores or irritate me in any way.
The price point is fantastic; the fact that I can get this for about 6 bucks at a drugstore (look for sales and coupons, too!) is really icing on the cake. I would be willing to pay more for this.
I can't think of any cons for this product; only pros. Very nice, regardless of price point. Highly recommend.

I bought this foundation because I heard that it was a light/medium coverage which is wrong. However, when I mix this with moisturiser it is like a bb cream and I love it! It is quite a thick texture but that doesn't bother me too much. It doesn't look streaky and looks skin-like. I wouldn't re-purchase just at the moment because I'm not looking for heavy coverage but in the future this would definitely be my go-to foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

May have found my holy grail foundation! Have tried so many high end and drugstore foundations and this is the best so far of any. Buildable medium coverage (I use with concealer for stubborn spots). I dot on and use a beauty blender. Leaves a natural finish to my skin - it glows. Does not settle on dry patches or lines. Not too bad on pores used alone but with a primer (Benefit) it was flawless. I use a powder on top. Only touch up once a day for a bit of oil (also tried it with Urban Decay setting spray and it lasted a good 8 hours on me before shine). It is the best for everyday wear. Only issue is that I am fair and the lightest colour 105 is just a bit too dark but I lightly self tan and the 115 is now perfect. Can't believe it from Cover Girl and so cheap. Stocking up.

The packaging was ehhh nothing special. The shade that I got (and I did swatch it) I thought would work. No. Too much yellow I looked horrible. I know this is a terrible review but to be honest I was not impressed and would not recommend to anyone

I'm not a big liquid foundation type of gal (much prefer mineral powder), but I have been reaching for this over all other foundations, powder and liquid, for months now! I love how easy it is to apply, how blendable and buildable it is, the texture...the list goes on. It feels a bit thicker than other liquid foundations but can blend out to nothing if desired. It applies so fast and easy with just my fingers and sets quickly to a powdery finish, which is great for my oily skin. It lasts all day for me, as it states on the packaging (imagine that). I tried this on a total whim and expected to be underwhelmed, but it has turned into my favorite! I have the shade 115 and am NC20 in MAC. This is the least expensive foundation I own also, which makes it even sweeter :) I am nearing the end of my tube and definitely plan to rebuy.

I just bought this foundation in 105 after spending days going through all of these reviews. This shade matched me well at Ulta but when I brought it home, it's a little too dark. Not a huge deal, especially if I use it in spring/summer. But for right now it's not a 100% perfect match.
I like the coverage...I would say it's about medium. More coverage than my Loreal Infallible Pro Matte. It covers everything pretty nicely except a few of my really bad acne scars.
The only thing I don't like so far is that it really seems to accentuate my pores, even with a moisturizer and primer. I'll have to play around with different primers and try my Beauty Blender next time instead of a brush. It's not super smooth applied with a brush.
All in all, I'm very pleased with this foundation and I will most likely repurchase it.

EDIT:
So this foundation DOES NOT like NYX Angel Veil Primer. At all. Not even a little bit. It made me so oily and really magnified my pores. After a few hours, it even started to separate on my nose from the oil. Ick. But now I'm using my Smashbox photo finish primer with a beautyblender and it's much better. I stay matte pretty much all day and my foundation doesn't budge. I honestly have no true complaints about this foundation and I'm so glad I tried it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I initially got the shade 205 which was wayyyyy too orange on me. I exchanged for the shade 210 which is so much better on me. This foundation has very light coverage and one layer is not really enough for covering up redness. Also it settles very quick too, so I always have to use a makeup sponge to apply this foundation. Because if I don't use a sponge, the application just doesn't look even. However, this product does give a very natural finish if you use a sponge. It is a fairly cheap product too. If you are on a budget and don't mind using a makeup sponge for the application, this product is worth a try.

Pro:
-very natural finish
-extensive range of shades
-cheap

Con:
-very light coverage, always need to apply several layers
-settles quickly, always need to use a makeup sponge for application

Edit. (2016/01/19)
This product just set so fast that it is impossible to blend with your finger. I would prefer other foundation that doesn't settle as quick and blendable by finger, because it is a hassle to use a makeup sponge everyday at 7am and also having to wash it afterwards.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

After experiencing probably hundreds if not thousands of foundations in all price ranges and all consistencies in my long life as a makeup maven, this CG foundation is a standout.
The consistency is a satin finish that looks natural, yet covers medium well.
Its a bit buildable after that, and wears really well all day long.
I have problems with foundations wanting to settle into pores or exaggerate fine lines, but this does neither , giving my skin a fresh complexion look. I then set it with Becca's Perfection Matte finish powder.
A nice range of shades, a great price and what's not to like or love?!

I have NW 20 and my current shade is a bit darker than I'd like, which is 120 nude beige, so I'm going to purchase the next shade lighter. I have 5 tubes of this in various shades to take me thru the seasons, and I never buy more than one of something unless I really like it!

I very enjoy this for $6.99 at Target. This last all day. I owned 2 foundations from Cover Girl and I enjoy both of them. Normally I used Chanel Perfection Lumiere $58 foundation. I still like Chanel but this foundation perform very well. Now I know why a lot of people love this foundation. This is very good for people with oily skin. Give Satin finished not flat matte type of foundation. Colors selection are great. This have creamy consistency. I will buy this again if ran out. Love it:)