Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/25/2015 8:00:00 PM

LOOOVE this foundation! I have been wearing it non stop for the last couple months. It gives me medium coverage and lasts a pretty long time.

on 8/25/2015 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This has been my ' go to' foundation this summer! It sits well on my skin, no flakes or dry patches. When I first put it in it gives me a dewy look but once I set it with powder it matts up. The tube has lasted me all summer & something I would buy again for next summer. I personaly prefer more coverage in the Autumn/winter but if you like light coverage all year around I would recommend it!

on 8/21/2015 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have fair-light asian skin and their lightest shade was WAY too orange/dark. Finish is good and really light. Would've loved it if there was the right shade.

I was extremely impressed with this foundation. I have little to no luck with Covergirl foundations, so I was reluctant to try this. However, the good reviews and my curiosity won me over.

The packaging is very convenient, travel friendly, and easy to use. I only paid about 6 dollars for this, so it's a great value for the money.

I must say that the color selection is horrid. Most of the shades have a very pink undertone, and the selection in the medium and deep skin tones is awful. If they would improve their shade selection, I would give it 5 lippies.

This foundation is a dream to blend, and the consistency is neither too liquid nor too thick. I apply mine with a flat top kabuki brush and it blends into my skin seamlessly. It's medium coverage but is very buildable and does not cake. The shade matches my skin pretty well, but I look pretty pink. I combat this by applying a yellow toned finishing powder (Loreal Infallible to be specific) and it kinda evens everything out. It lasts about 7 hours on average before my blemishes start to show through, and it stays pretty matte all day. I was extremely impressed! I have more expensive foundations that wear off much quicker.

This doesn't feel heavy on my skin, so it's great for summer. I doesn't cling to my dry patches and it combats my oily zones pretty well. I almost can't feel this on my face when I wear it. And so far it hasn't clogged my pores or given me ance!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone. It's a great, easy to use, comfortable foundation. The only setback is trying to find your shade.

on 8/20/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this foundation while away and i'm kicking myself that i only bought one. This is my holy grail everyday foundation as the colours perfect (i'm the lightest shade) it also doesn't cake or set into fine lines. I use this product most days as just a very light minimal foundation just to even out my skin tone. I also build this product up when i'm either attending an event during the day and still wanna look natural or going on a day time date. I find this product really good but not long wearing unless it set down with a very good powder i personally use macs mineralize skin finish in light. I find those two products paired together are a perfect match.

on 8/14/2015 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this and the CG outlast foundation and the Outlast one is much better than this. Both are matte foundations but this offers less coverage as compared to outlast. And less oil control than Outlast. By half the day of wearing this foundation, it started to look cakey with my oily skin was showing thru by mid day. And half the coverage was gone and my spots were showing through. Outlast performed better in all aspects.

on 8/13/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think I have found my holy grail liquid foundation. I have a light to medium skin tone (closer to medium though) and the shade 210 medium beige fits me perfectly in the fall, winter, and spring. During the summer I use 220. The coverage is medium to full for me and i used this when I was breaking out like crazy this summer and it worked wonderfully. I have since visited the dermatologist and my acne is gone but I am dealing with a bit of hyperpigmentation instead and this is still my favorite. The light-weight consistency is perfect for me since texture is no longer a concern and I don't have to sacrifice coverage for how natural it looks or feels. Overall I am head over heels in love! If i had to get super critical I would only say that I do get oily after a few hours but I'm a grease-ball so that's a given.

on 8/12/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging is what got me most. I thought it was so cute and perfect for travel. Only issue with the squeeze tube is that, especially on hot days like we're experiencing now, the foundation will seep out of the tube as soon as you open it, so you have to be careful. I can get medium coverage if I use a foundation brush rather than a sponge. Unfortunately in a matter of hours all of the redness on my cheeks that had previously been covered was back, and all of the dry patches on my chin were severely emphasized.

on 8/11/2015 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Age: 29
My Skin: Very pale with yellow undertones. Combination. Large pores. Light Rosacea. No/Light Acne.

First Impression: After reading great reviews here, I decided to pick up a tube, on a 60% off sale at HealthSnap.ca , for $4 It has a light consistency, but not runny. It blended seamlessly with my skin tone and gave a very matte-fresh finish. It covered my redness fairly well actually, which was surprising. I would describe it as a light - medium coverage, definitely buildable.

PROS:
Incredibly blendable.
Oil Free.
Hypoallergenic (Claims)
Variety of shades.
Good coverage
Very affordable (Retails around $9-$10 CAD)

CONS:
I can foresee the container being messy if not properly cleaned
Does cling to dry spots a TINY bit. I recommend using a moisturizer beforehand.
Covergirl tests on Animals :(

Overall, a good foundation for someone who doesn't have extremely dry skin or serious acne. Give it a try :)

on 8/7/2015 10:49:00 AM

I went to sephora 5 times to try to find a good foundation for my wedding day and still could not find one! this foundation is my everyday choice and doesn't quite match my skin tone but it works way better than the cakey powdery high end brands! I use 110 normally so for my wedding i picked up 115 and mixed them together to make a skin tone match. this foundation is inexpensive and last a long time. its more of a sheer coverage but i can layer a bit to get a medium coverage. love this foundation!