February 27, 2015 | 1038 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2015 5:37:00 PM More reviews by zahnpasta99

I have made peace w the fact I'm a budget shopper and love DS finds that work. I developed a horrible case of hormonal acne on my chin and my true match lumi wasn't covering it up. I had an event to attend and needed help. Enter this makeup. I got in 105 which is lightest shade. It may be s pinch too light but doable. I love tjis stuff! First no fragrance or sunscreen. I wear it over neutrogena daily defense. It has not oxidized once and looks great at end of day. Covered my horrible pimples where i was presentable. Apply one section at a time. I use fingers. This is worth a try. I have combo/sensitive/cranky and broke out skin w redness in cheeks. I do wear a bit extra blush to keep from looking too flat w this on. Good find and wallet friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2015 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Medium coverage, very good oil control, great price, hygienic squeeze tube packaging.
Cons: Not great shade range, oxidizes slightly.

Fyi: NC20 = shade 115 in lightness but is slightly peachy in tone not yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Tiffanyglanning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Too Faced foundation for over 2 years and I loved it so much but hated paying 40 dollars for my foundation. When I heard all the rave about Cover Girl's ready set gorgeous foundation I had to try. And I must say it's by far my favorite foundation I have EVER used!! It is amazing with my oily skin. It's medium/buildable coverage is perfect for me! I'm so glad I found this. HOLY GRAIL 🙌

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 12:32:00 AM More reviews by littlepinkstars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a great, great drugstore foundation. Honestly probably the best I've ever tried. It's smooth, it lasts, it does an amazing job covering pores. The only caveat for me is that unfortunately, the color 115 is a bit too peach and dark for my NC20 skin. So close! The lighter shade is waaaay too pink. I have very strong yellow undertones. It'll be perfect for the summer- and i plan on wearing it until then anyway!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2015 8:57:00 PM More reviews by shelbyfgibson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the first month that I wore this product I loved it but then after taking a little break from everyday makeup to figure out what was causing breaking outs from wearing this product for nine hours it has caused horrible breakouts. The price of this foundation and the coverage are pretty good but as I said it caused horrible breakouts. I would say if you don't have acne prone skin go right ahead and purchase this but my skin is rather reactive and this product just destroyed it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jennwhite314

I love this foundation! I have been using Revlon ColorStay until I noticed it was way too drying and heavy for me and it looked really cakey. I picked this one up because I've seen the good reviews. It has decent buildable coverage but feels really light on the skin. A little does the trick to even out the skin tone, but you can build it up to conceal spots. It holds up well throughout the day. I do get a little oily at the end of the day but that's just normal. I've used both a brush and my fingers to apply this and I'm satisfied with both. Although a little cheap, the packaging is light, compact and perfect for travelling because it won't break like a glass bottle would. Overall I would recommend this to those who have combination/normal skin like myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kayleebeth

It is pretty good! Splottes in oily areas a little after a few hours. But overall pretty good. Also, it didn't make me break out!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2015 9:55:00 PM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

My Skin: Warm, Dark (NC50) Dry/Normal. Perfect foundation match is Nars Macao. I use a Korres primer and MAC MSF as a setting powder.

I have this foundation in the color tawny which was the second to darkest color available. It looks absolutely GREEN on my skin! I have to mix it with a darker foundation (Lancome Teint Miracle 500W) to get the color match right. It plays very well with the other foundation! I understand that you won't always get a spot on color at the drugstore, but this range is severely limited compared to the 3-n-1 foundations by covergirl and the queen collection.

The days that I did wear this alone, I liked the semi matte/satin finish of it. It didn't make my face look dry or wear off in patches. This is far more blendable compared to the All Day Flawless I used in the past as well. I also like the packaging, its a easy, clean, squeeze tube and I can control how much comes out.

Bottom Line: The finish and formula is pretty great, it seems to play well with a range of skin types...that is if you can find a match. If you are a dark olive tone, I would recommend this but for my dark yellow/golden ladies I say stay away.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2015 9:03:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this foundation!! First things first, the colour selection is worse than the average drugstore selection. There are thirteen shades, which is great, but the majority have pink undertones and the certain range I fall under only have pink tones and I have light skin with olive undertones. The quality of the foundation in general is awesome! The coverage is light to medium and buildable without looking cakey and it gives a natural matte finish. As for longevity, I've said in other reviews before, my skin is very oily, and this lasted 5-6 hours (as in not melting off my face), and my face was shiny by the 2-3 hour mark. I recommend this for normal to mildly oily skin and if you can deal with the stupid colour selection!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2015 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand all the hype behind this product. This foundation gave me NO coverage but still managed to make my skin look cakey. The only advantage is that it controls oil great. I don't have to powder all day.