Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 3/25/2015 2:01:00 PM

I am shade NC37 at mac and first purchased the CG foundation in shade 215, which was slightly pink and ashen on my skin and was not flattering. I exchanged it for 210, which was still not my perfect match, but i figured it was as close as I was going to get. Upon application with my beauty blender, I loved how easily and well it blended into my skin and thought the finish was beautiful. I have slightly dry, red patches on the apples of my cheeks and this foundation covered that so well without making me feel like I was wearing heavy makeup and the staying power was great.

After using this foundation, I noticed my skin was breaking out more than normal, but just thought it was due to the fact that i had run out of some products that are in my normal skin care regimen. Once i had restocked on my skincare and was taking extra care of my face, i was so upset to see that my breakouts had not only persisted, but actually got worse. I stopped using this CG foundation after about two weeks of using it regularly, and saw that my skin cleared up almost immediately. Fast forward, a month later, I tried to give this foundation one last try because I do love the finish and staying power. I woke up the next morning with bumps all around my jaw and new red blemishes on my nose and cheeks.

So sad to say that this foundation just makes me break out terribly. I never thought my face was that sensitive because i use strong astringents and have used many foundations, never being irritated by any product. For anyone who doesn't have a bad reaction to this foundation, I envy you because this is truly a great product, not just for a drugstore foundation. I would give it 5 lippies, but it just doesn't work well for my skin.

on 3/24/2015 9:09:00 PM

Even though I rated this 3 lippies, I am still quite impressed by this foundation. I can see how it would be perfect for other skin types - just not mine. I have oily/combo acne-prone skin & was looking for a quick and easy oil-free application with medium-full coverage. I really do think this foundation provides that ...however, while the coverage is impressive for the price, it didn't suffice for my red hyperpigmentation marks.
The staying power is pretty okay, nothing spectacular. The finish is quite nice - it looks natural and lightweight.
If you are like me and looking for a fuller coverage, this may not be for you. If you don't need full coverage and are okay with medium-ish coverage, I would totally recommend this! I use this for days when I am lazier and don't want a full face of makeup.

on 3/22/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This has been an okay foundation.. it applies not too thick, isnt oily but its not a perfect color match. It has medium coverage and isnt too flaky.

on 3/22/2015 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't expect this to be so good. I saw it on sale in Woolworths for $8 (which is cheap in Australia, it's usually $15) and I had to try it, just to see if it were good or another gimmick (as it was one I had seen the beauty gurus talk about on youtube for a while). It's fantastic! It's one of the nicest foundations I've ever used. It's buildable and doesn't look cakey, it doesn't crease, oxidize or breakdown. It lasts really well on my oily skin, and covers imperfections but allows my skin to show through. It is just lovely! I got my sister into using it too, who is a devout MAC user, and even she loves it. She's traded in $55 foundation for $8 foundation. We can't figure out why it's so cheap! The price makes you think it'll be rubbish, but it's really not, it's beautiful. MakeupbyTiffanyD gave a really accurate run down of it which is worth checking out. I'm NW15 in MAC and I use shade 105 in this, and it's a really good match, not too pink toned which is great. The packaging is good too, I actually like the squeeze tube. It's easier to keep clean and you can get all the product out, unlike glass bottles. The pink on it is a little tacky, but it doesn't matter because it's fantastic. I pair it with my Rimmel Stay Matte primer & MAC Studio Fix powder, both products I had given up on liking, but with this foundation the 3 of them are perfect. Go try it, it's oil free, and it's beautiful. It has no SPF, so I wouldn't be using it in the summer, or make sure your moisturizer has some SPF, but going into the cool months in Australia, this is going to be my go to foundation.

on 3/17/2015 8:26:00 AM

I found this to be a nice foundation that I would buy again, considering it is a great price. I love the bottle. Wears nicely, nice coverage, but doesn't last as long as I would like, but most foundations don't for me. I bought a shade too light, so I've been using it through the winter to mix with other foundations that are a tad too dark.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I kind of don't get the hype about this. Its not bad, but its not great. I found it to be pretty sheer and i had to be a little heavy handed to get it to cover dark spots or blemishes. This would be pretty nice to use if my skin was in a better place at the moment. It definitely oxidized on my so i went a shade lighter. If you don't need much coverage this would probably look alright on you, but I'm sticking with Outlast 3in1 for now.

on 3/13/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I usually use Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer but I was on a budget and ended up picking this up on a whim. The next day I tried it and omg I was wondering why I hadn't tried it before. I have tan oily skin and this foundation made my skin matte all day. I've already purchased it twice. I still use my Nars tinted moisturizer every once in awhile under it though if I need some extra coverage but for the most part it works well on top of primer. It definitely works and I always recommend it to friends.

on 3/10/2015 1:05:00 AM

I like this foundation for a everyday look. Pretty thick and its full coverage.

on 3/9/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited to purchase this affordable foundation at my local drugstore. Since oil is a concern of mine, I was excited that this formula was something I haven't seen previously. They didn't have many shades when I purchased, and when I got home, it was a little too light. But no problem, I mixed it with a darker shade I already had.

Fast forward a few days... complete breakout!!! I thought it was just hormonal but after a few days, it wouldn't go away! I still have huge red bumps and dryness on the apples of my cheeks. Low and behold, it was the CG foundation :(

I am super bummed but the only formula my skin can "handle" is that of the Tarte Amazonian Clay. Guess there's a reason why it's gotten amazing reviews.

Now if I only had a magic wand to make this breakout disappear...

The coverage was almost full coverage quite buildable. It did oxidize on me. I returned and purchased a lighter color, and that worked out better. There was not really a distinct smell so that didn't bother me. I found that it kept breaking up into patches around my mouth and by my chin. Sometimes by nose corners too. Yes, it did break me out and clog my pores. I have sensitive, combi-oily acne prone skin.