Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/26/2015 11:01:00 PM

A really great drugstore foundation! i have terrible luck with the shades as I am NC30 and 215 was WAY too dark and beige (i have olive skin tone), 210 would have been the best choice as it has a bit more of a yellow undertone. I unfortunately got 205 because 210 was sold out... 205 is like a NC20-25 with beige undertones.

best applied with a damp beauty sponge and has a very natural look to the skin, and has medium to buildable coverage. feels very light on skin which is nice :) would recommend for daily use for combo to oily skin

on 4/25/2015 1:35:00 PM

👍🏼👍🏼

So when I first used this stuff I liked it. It goes on nicely but doesn't feel too thick on my face. BUT everytime I see a picture of myself with it on, I don't like it...not sure if that makes sense.

This is my current favorite foundation for everyday use! I'm a bit of a foundation hoarder, so I'm usually switching between several different ones, but with the coverage, price, and finish of this foundation, it's usually my go-to from the drugstore! Medium buildable coverage (could build to full, but it would be a bit mask-like for my taste). It also is oil free with a semi matte finish, which is great for my combo/oily skin! Probably not quite as matte and just slightly lower coverage than CG's outlast 3 in 1, another favorite, but it's also several dollars cheaper! This one doesn't have SPF, which is good for me since I actually prefer no SPF, but can still have a little bit of a white cast in flash photos I've noticed. Some days I'll go with a more lightweight foundation, and some days I'll go with a more intense full coverage, but this is still my favorite for daily use!

on 4/22/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For Australians trying to find this product, I found mine at Coles. The selection of shades depends on how large the Coles is. I had to visit 3 stores before I found the shade 115 Buff Beige (Third shade in the range). For reference I am roughly an NC20. Thanks to MUA I was able to find my closest match. Not perfect but closest - more on that later.

What sparked my initial interest for this foundation was YouTube. The demise of many of my purchases. I just can't stop. Curiosity gets the best of me. Upon hearing that it has a satin finish, works for sensitive skin and controls shine reasonably well, I was ooh-ahhing after several videos. And then my local Coles has this on sale for $8 - half price! Reeled in like a fish I was. I'd like to mention, Priceline doesn't have this foundation (yet, at all, maybe?).

It does indeed have a satin skin like finish. I appreciate that it is oil free. Perhaps this adds to it feeling absolutely weightless on my skin. The shade 115 works wonderfully for my MAC NC20, Bobbi Brown Beige and Bourjois 52 Vanille complexion UPON APPLICATION. Once it sets, oxidisation is evident! The tone settles more peach than its initial neutral. That may bother some. Keyword: tone changes. The shade however stays the same. Unlike 3-in-1 foundation by Covergirl which I used also.. It was correct shade upon application and then oxidised 2 shades darker and absolutely pink in tone throughout the day - Yikes nasty!

If your NC20 complexion leans more yellow than neutral, I'm being honest here, don't even bother trying this shade and hoping it will work for you. It may clash against your tones creating an ashy grey-pink tone. I can JUST get it to work for me.

Apart from that one, heavy negative point, I can't seem to fault the product. It lasts all day and looks extremely natural on the skin, reminding me of NARS Tinted Moisturiser. I say this because NARS' Tinted Moisturiser is extremely pigmented for a product advertised as a 'tinted moisturiser'. In comparison to foundations, I would say this product has a light-medium with buildable coverage. I have quite clear skin with redness and the odd spot here and there. One layer of this foundation evened out most. Two layers completely covered my nose's redness which I usually use Maybelline Fit Me or Nars Creamy Concealer on. I am impressed.
For now this is my every day foundation. Packaging is a squeeze out tube - no complaints there, works well, no clogging around the nozzle. Great for travelling :)

Overall I would recommend this foundation if you have somewhat good skin with the odd break out here and there, somebody wanting to cover redness or if you're into weightless feeling foundations. IF and only if you are able to get a colour match.

Covergirl, please expand your shade range and fix the oxidisation issue! I will admit Ready Set Gorgeous' oxidising is no where near as bad as 3-in-1.

on 4/21/2015 11:46:00 PM

This is a great alternative to revlon colorstay, specifically for those of you that break out when wearing colorstay. My sensitive skin has never looked better, and all of my break outs have calmed down since wearing this (even hormonal break outs). Only down side to this foundation is that it is drying (my skin is VERY dry and often dehydrated). However, I have found a solution. If you add a pea size (or less) amount of face moisturizer to the foundation before application it doesn't dehydrate and the lasting power is still good. If they come out with a version for dry skin, it will definitely be my holy grail!

Pros:
Long wearing
doesn't cause break outs
colour doesn't oxidize
blends beautifully
great for sensitive skin
inexpensive
great packaging

Cons:
Very drying (particularly during winter)

on 4/21/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this recently because of the good reviews and price. Shade selection is ok. I got the soft honey, I think. Looked good in store but its too light and ashy for me. I didn't return because I mix it with Loreal True Match in warm honey which is also a bit too ashy but close enough after I apply bronzer.
Packaging is good, I like the tube. The product is thick though and doesn't blend easily if you don't work fast and also apply a moisturiser first. It will sink into pores so you have to really blend well and work with it. Coverage is good and lasts a long time. Will not repurchase because it's just ok and there are a million other products I can try that may work better.

I normally don't like or use anything from cover girl, their products always seem to be "meh" ..

I saw this was on sale and thought "why not" .. I got the lightest shade, And I was impressed. It's quiet thick but it stills blends nicely. Medium coverage and lasted pretty well on me throughout the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed reviews on this foundation. I have extremely oily skin so it is very hard to find a foundation that actually stays on my face and doesn't break down terribly after a half hour of wear. The only foundation that I had tried to date that actually lasted on me was Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in the version for oily/combination skin.

I found that this foundation had very good coverage and I was happy with the finish initially, however, it can appear "cakey" extremely easily if a little too much product is applied and I found that when my oils started to break through, it was NOT flattering. You could see cracks in my face where the foundation was breaking apart. I found this was not the case with the Revlon Colorstay. I will continue to use this foundation, using it carefully on days that I don't need to be out all day, but I think I will be returning to my revlon colorstay after i finish the bottle.

on 4/4/2015 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'd heard rave reviews about this product- it controlled shine and was non-comedogenic, which sounded like a perfect foundation for my skin. The packaging is so cute too! I found it at Rite Aid for $9 and got the lightest shade ("105 classic ivory"). I'm pale with cool undertones and this was a pretty good match- just a little too dark. My biggest problem with this foundation was that it clung to my dry patches on my cheeks and nose. While most foundations naturally cling there, none had made them look so bad! I found it hard to spread and it was very dry, even though it's an extremely liquid-y formula. It also brought out every pore on my forehead and cheeks :( I can't say how long it lasted bc I always took it off like 10 mins after applying. I tried using brushes, fingers, and moisturizing before applying, but the results were always the same. If you have oily but dehydrated skin like me, I would stay away from this product! I'm glad it worked for others tho!