November 26, 2014 | 1818 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Jennyfers1982

Got this at Ulta recently after hearing great reviews from my YouTube gals. Love it so far! Great buildable coverage. Seems to last and control oil. I set this with the Cover Girl Oil Control pressed powder that I got on clearance for $3 and i'm surprisingly loving both!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

So what it doesn't come in a heavy glass bottle with a french name and fancy font. This is a great foundation all on its own. I tried CG's Outlast last year and that was a nice foundation however, it didn't really outlast on my very oily skin so I had to stop using it. But, Ready Set Gorgeous is perfect for my skin. The texture is a nice traditional foundation consistency. It isn't too runny or creamy. The texture allows for extremely easy application and blends in flawlessly. The formulation is satin/matte. The formulation allows for a nice air brushed yet natural finish. This is oil-free, I don't detect a fragrance either. Color range is nice too. Finally, a drugstore foundation that has medium tan options or deeper medium shades that aren't straight up orange! For winter and no self-tanner, I'm a perfect match with 220. In the summer or with self tanner, I would be 305. After about 4 hours, I'm pretty much oily all over with most foundations but I'm still matte with this one. To complete the look, I use NARS Light Reflecting Powder to set it and I'm very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had never owned a CG foundation. The shade selection and quality never worked for my skin. This one however took me by surprise. I am not sure if it works for people who have dry skin but it does work for my oily skin perfectly. It stays on for a long time and it does not oxidize. The shade Soft Honey worked perfectly for my NC30/NC35 skin tone. Overall, this foundation is great and I am surprised why the company hasn't been advertising it as its other products. As a foundation junkie and picky consumer, this product takes 5 out of 5. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by justcarolina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well first, let me start out with the description of my skin. I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I'm 19 and have had acne since I became an adolescent, but it has always been fairly mild, until a few months ago when I had a sudden surge of break outs -- cystic acne, often 7 or more of those pimples at a time, just awful. Since then, I have tried to be careful about what I put on my skin, despite the fact that I know my acne is likely hormonal. I try not to wear foundation often, and decided to stop using my old foundation because I felt it was further clogging my pores. But since I have scarring I still want coverage. So while perusing Walmart to find something that *hopefully* wouldn't break me out, I bumped into this foundation. I had never heard of it or read reviews, and I had never been a big fan of Covergirl products, but it was one of the few foundations I found that clearly said OIL FREE and good for sensitive skin, and the packaging was perfect to minimize bacteria. I have always tried looking for things specifically for acne-prone skin (e.g. like the neutrogena acne foundation line), but read that I should stick to more basic cleansers and beauty products (for sensitive skin, noncomedogenic or hypoallergenic) so I thought "Why not? It's only six bucks" and boy am I glad I did.

While the foundation doesn't have a great range of colors, the closest I found was the 305, and it wasn't too far off (I don't expect to ever find a perfect match at a drugstore). And honestly, this has become one of those "go-to" products, the ones that aren't necessarily incredible but that you can always rely on and trust. The coverage is fairly decent (medium to full coverage, I would say), as it totally covers the red/purple scarring in some parts of my face. The consistency is perfect, not too thick and not too thin, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask when you use this! The best part of all is that it hasn't broken me out. I have continued to have breakouts, but they happen when I haven't even worn any make up, never after using this, so I know 100% that this foundation hasn't irritated my skin in the slightest. It doesn't make your face oily and slick, and it isn't too matte either, just right. I love it because it is so basic, comes at a great price, and is totally reliable, especially for people with acne-prone and sensitive skin, or those who want something that they KNOW will meet their needs. The packaging is great, and you can't beat the price for such a great foundation, and a single tube has lasted me months now.

I would definitely recommend this, and I do plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by rachel90877

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this might be a Holy Grail product for me. I have oily, acne prone skin with large pores. My problem was that foundation was melting into my pores and looking horrible. By the afternoon, it was almost better to have NO Makeup on than the terrible melty foundation I had going on. Enter Ready, Set Gorgeous. This product is AMAZING for oily skin. It is matte, long lasting, and doesn't sink into my pores. I find that I get the best application by using a flat top kabuki brush (I like the flat top face brush from ELF) And I use a stippling motion to apply it to my nose and cheeks, where my large pores are most apparent. I then use a lighter hand on the rest of my face. I then use concealer (I like Hard Candy Glamoflage) and set with a powder (I like Rimmels' Stay Matte powder) I really like the thin consistency of this - doesn't feel heavy at all. It dries relatively quickly so I work quickly so it dries down where I want it. It's a medium coverage foundation. I think this would be best for normal, combo and oily skin. Because it is such a matte finish, I find that I need to use a bronzer/highlight to add some dimension back to my face. I've been using a shimmer-brick style bronzer from maybelline (I think) And it adds just the right amount of luminescence to keep my skin from looking flat and lifeless. Love this product! The price is so affordable (About $7) and the packaging, while not fancy, gets the job done! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product is GREAT

a little background about my skin:
my face breaks down every foundation I put on it. all of them. I've tried high end ones and drugstore and longwearing and primers and powders. foundations just do not hold up around my nose/t-zone/mouth/chin. if you have this problem you know exactly what i'm talking about. the product separates/breaksdown/my pores kill it.
i'd consider my skin dehydrated. it's dry after i wash it, i use moisturizer and it's perfect, but it gets oily throughout the day. (i've been using maracuja oil and like it a lot so far since it locks in the moisture).
i'd much rather spend money on a product that i know will work instead of trying a lot of inexpensive products that turn into rejects but i saw makeupbytiffanyd review this on youtube (lol) and after her rave I decided it was worth a shot. i usually hate covergirl products (i liked 3 in 1 but the shades were just a little off) and this product gave off a childish vibe, like it would hold up as play makeup but it actually holds up like high quality stuff!

i LOVE the packaging. i LOVE the squeeze tube so much more than a pump. this fits in my bag and is very hygenic and i can control how much product comes out and see how much is left.
it's truely buildable... now i hate when people say a foundation is buildable bc i want something that gives me instant coverage (why get something that is sheer to buildable when u could just buy full coverage, you know?) but this foundation does give medium-buildable coverage and i'm okay with that: it's actually buildable!! when u put more on it does not get cakey, it just gets more flawless. it's thin enough to blend but coverage is good. I use real techniques blender sponge. i dont use a primer with this but i do set it w/ rimmel stay matte translucent powder (HG).

my face is paler than the rest of my body (as a result i always get matched too light) and my face is a little red. i'm shade 3.0 in urban decay naked skin and that match is great. for this foundation 105 was too light, 110 too pink, 115 do-able (more of a true/pure light), but 120 was perfect. it was a light, almost sandy color that matched my body perfectly. (i'd say my skin is neutral and i stay away from pink undertones)
the finish is that great creamy finish. it is NOT sparkly but not completely matte. this looks like skin. when applied with blending sponge it does not accentuate pores. this covers red/pink on my face but I do use another concealer (nbd). the only bad thing i can think of is that u have to blend quickly but it takes a little long to fully set when you're finished. does not oxidize on my face.

my face produces a lot of oil throughout the day and breaks down foundation, but this foundation held up really well. doesn't break me out and doesnt have a weird smell. color is gerat. i'm very impressed and will repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I think this foundation is great for the summer. It's a bit drying for me in the winter. It will cling to dry patches if you have it. I still prefer the outlast 3 in 1 because the color match me perfectly. I guess this is my second all time favorite foundation. Great staying power and oil control.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, the palest shade, 105, is noticeably too dark for me. I have pale yellow-toned skin and this looked like I was smearing yellowy brown pigment even in the dim lighting of my bathroom mirror. It also has sodium chloride in it, which is apparently a 5 on some comedogenic scales. The reviews are excellent and I like the coverage and wear, but could not test it long enough for breakouts due to the shade mismatch. I'm getting more and more frustrated by cosmetic companies selecting increasingly restrictive shades. From Clarins to Chanel, Guerlain to Make Up For Ever, Cover Girl to Revlon, I used to find a shade that matched. I see many ads touting "__ shades!", featuring women of different backgrounds, but it doesn't show in the products. Friends with dark skin express the same frustrations. How do they choose shades? Do they not believe consumers with pale or dark skin are not worth consideration now? Ok, end of rant! Hopefully this inexpensive foundation in a great tube will work for you. If you're NC/NW 20 or below, you may want to somehow test first.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Beesmith20

absolutely love this product. It covers up my scars, redness and is super matte. I don't have to touch up and I don't feel oily. I was a little iffy about hearing it oxidizes, but I went a shade lighter and it oxidizes to my skin perfectly. Plus it's super cheap. definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by taral001

This is amazing foundation. Lasts all day with absolutely no touchups, does not get shiny, does not cause breakouts and is only $6. Does it get any better than that? It does oxidize slightly, but not as bad as the CoverGirl Outlast. It is very buildable, but I just use one coat, which gives a nice medium coverage and then use the matching concealer to cover any additional discoloration or blemishes.

I can't recommend this enough, a definite must try for my oily sisters out there.