Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 7/6/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my second favorite drugstore foundation next to Revlon's ColorStay. Buildable coverage, blends very well, and is great for my oily skin. I find that this works best when applied with the Beauty Blender - it gives a very matte, but natural, finish so your skin doesn't look flat.

I took one lippie off because this will empathize your dry spots like crazy, so I cannot use this during the colder months because it magnified my dry spots. Just be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before using.

on 7/4/2015 6:27:00 PM

This is a really good inexpensive foundation that lasts all day, has good coverage yet looks so natural and doesn't break me out! Definetly a winner

on 7/4/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, it covers up my skin perfectly, and it doesn't cause breakouts. I recommend this to everyone who is looking for a cheap foundation.

on 7/3/2015 9:42:00 AM

This foundation is nice. I don't love the color match, I find that it does oxidize and look slightly orange but it isn't super noticeable. It has decent coverage but it gets pretty oily quickly. I use a matte primer and matte powder, but still find myself getting more oily with this foundation. I don't think I would repurchase as it isn't really my favorite.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION YET!
This foundation, in my opinion, is worth every last penny of the $6ish dollars I spend on it.
The foundation is lightweight, but works it's wonders.
I have acne-prone skin, and so many foundations always caused horrible breakouts. However, this foundation is water based and does not clog pores and doesn't not give me any extra breakouts which is always a plus!
I would definitely recommend this product.

on 6/30/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent foundation! I have oily skin with relatively few imperfections, and this product provides a beautiful satin-matte finish that lasts all day. I might touch up with powder once during the day, but most days I don't bother.

TIP: For those ladies who are struggling with the quick-drying formula - after I apply primer, I mix a dab of this foundation with aloe gel and apply with my fingers. It makes application a snap!

I wear MAC NC43, and I buy this foundation in 310 Classic Tan.

I've been on the hunt for something that can stand up against my uber-oily T-zone without accentuating the lines in my forehead. Colorstay is like cement on my face - it doesn't go anywhere. I LOVE it, except that the lines on my forehead are so pronounced when I use it. Enter Ready, Set, Gorgeous. I LOVE this stuff! It doesn't keep my nose completely matte, but it's also not an oil slick in a few hours. The lightest color is a hair too dark, but it matches my décolleté well enough. Great product, awesome packaging, excellent price point. HG status for sure.

on 6/26/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been surprisingly pleased with this foundation! For a while I was using L'Oreal True Match, but I wanted to try something different because I was getting annoyed at the bottle packaging, and decided to try this since it's oil free, comes in a squeeze tube (much easier to dispense than the bottle), and was a few dollars less than the L'Oreal.

I wasn't expecting too much because of its low price point, but I actually love it! It dries on me to a finish I'd call satin-matte, not super dry or chalky. It does a good job at covering up my red acne scars and I feel like it doesn't overly "flatten" my face, it still looks like my face. I like that because if I'm in a rush or feeling lazy I can only cover the scarring and don't necessarily have to cover my entire face. It lasts well through heat and sweating. It did oxidize a little bit on me one day, but I don't think it would've been particularly noticeable if I hadn't been scrutinizing myself in the mirror.

I was using W1 in L'Oreal True Match, which is OK in winter but too light at the moment. I bought the Ready Set Gorgeous in 105 "Classic Ivory" which is a very close match for L'Oreal True Match W2 (based on holding the packages up to one another, I haven't done a side by side swatch). I think the Cover Girl may be a teeny bit pinker, but it matches my skin okay. (I feel like in person this doesn't look as dark or pink as it does on the Cover Girl website.)

The shade range of Ready Set Gorgeous is nowhere near as extensive as L'Oreal True Match, and there isn't a shade in it as light as L'Oreal's W1. That's really my only issue with it, otherwise it's probably my current drugstore holy grail foundation.

on 6/22/2015 3:39:00 PM

This is it- HG drugstore foundation. I feel it would be suitable for a variety of skin types. Pro: price 6$ at Walmart.. I mean come on?! It's a nice medium coverage satin/matte finish, still lasts in the heat- if your skin is oily it may not be the most long wearing but on my normal dry skin it's fantastic, doesn't oxidize, I get about 8-9 hours of continuous wear out of it- which is decent... Can use with beauty blender or brush. Doesn't emphasize dry spots. Cons: color selection-have to mix colors when I self tan, no pump- but I won't complain about a squeeze tube. Overall this is my new favorite everyday drugstore foundation. I wear 105 and I have very neutral/yellow undertones. Give it a try if you have dry skin- Really impressed with this one CG!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My favorite drugstore foundation ever, ever, ever. If you have oily skin and you require a long-lasting, full-coverage foundation, check out Ready Set Gorgeous.

First of all, I really like the packaging... it's a sleek squeeze tube that is hygenic and easy to travel with. The consistency of the foundation itself is pretty thick (definitely more of a cream than a liquid), but it blends out beautifully. It doesn't emphasize dry patches at all, and does a better job of camouflaging my large pores than just about any other foundation I've tried. It lasts all day and looks *relatively* natural compared to most products that offer a similar amount of coverage.

From what I can tell, the shade selection isn't great, but if you can find a match, I wholeheartedly recommend this foundation. I'm not a big fan of most Cover Girl products, but I feel like they hit it out of the park with this one!