October 30, 2014 | 1608 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Tweetybird001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never thought that I would love a CG foundation. They have always been too pink toned for my Mac NC 25 skin tone. I bought the shade 205 and works well for my skin tone. Great Foundation. It is long wearing and it controls my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lahappypanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is amazing. It feels very light, but has excellent coverage and can be built up as needed. It lasts throughout the day better than any liquid foundation I've tried, and that includes higher end foundations such as MUFE. Even on days when I skip a primer and just wear moisturizer under the foundation, it still lasts quite well. The lightest shade is an excellent match for my skin. I have pretty sensitive/acne prone skin and it does not irritate my skin in the slightest. The squeeze bottle is perfect for getting as much or as little foundation as you need. On top of all this, it is DIRT CHEAP! Based on the price I figured I had nothing to lose when I decided to try this foundation, and I'm so glad that I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This could possibly be HG status for me (and I love foundations and have tried many). I was impressed right from the get-go with this. The consistency is thinner than CG 3-in-1's foundation but it is not runny. It blends beautifully and easily with my RT EFB. It claims to control oil but it is not matte; it's very skin-like. The coverage is medium and could probably be built up to full. It does not accentuate dry patches, lasts all day (and still looks good), does not get cakey. I'm more oily/combo and set it with a bit of loose translucent poweder, as I do with all of my foundations, and I do not get shiny throughout the day. So far it has not made me break out or clogged my pores, which is a great bonus.

Since buying this, I don't even want to use my other foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by coralika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that my all time favourite foundation is the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1. No other foundation that I've ever tried, both department AND drugstore, has ever come close to how much I like it.

I would say that the Ready Set Gorgeous is a slightly less amazing foundation than the 3 in 1, but is quite similar and cheaper.

My skin mostly gets dry around the nose area, and can get a bit oily around the t-zone and on the sides of my nose. Overall, my skin is blemish-free with some redness and some enlarged pores around the nose. I don't need a lot of coverage, but I do prefer a foundation with higher coverage and a lot of staying power. I put on my makeup at 7AM and sometimes I need the foundation to stay on for a good 15-16 hours. By then, I know that any foundation is going to start wearing off, if not already all gone.

The coverage of Ready Set Gorgeous is a light to medium coverage with one layer on, but can be built up to a solid medium coverage with two layers. It looks very natural, and has the same porcelain-like finish as the 3 in 1. AKA it's glowy without being oily, almost an air-brushed look. It was very easy to blend (I used my beauty blender), and didn't settle into any of my dry spots or pores.

Also, I LOVE the packaging! I don't like using bottles because I always feel like I'm wasting a lot of product. With this, I can make sure I squeeze every last drop :).

When the foundation sets, it feels quite lightweight on the skin. The lasting power unfortunately is not as impressive as the 3 in 1. I did feel it starting to melt off my face after about 6 hours, and my t-zone was starting to get oily. It still looked okay, but as with many other foundations, it looked a bit splotchy and my redness was starting to peek through.

Overall, I would say that for the price, it's a really good foundation. However, I wouldn't recommend it for someone with troubled or very oily skin. In the end, I'd still recommend the 3 in 1, but if you're looking for something a bit cheaper (even though the 3 in 1 is already super cheap), then this would be a good choice to go for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by yumsworth

I was in search of a cheap foundation to wear for errand trips. This was super cheap, less than $7 so I wouldn't feel bad tossing it out if it's terrible. And then I fell in love with it!

I have a very oily face. Usually, an hour after applying high end foundation with an expensive primer and setting spray, my face starts to shine and oils up!

I tried this one without any primer the first time and I kid you not, my face was shine free for 4-5 hours! Unbelievable! And the shine was just minimal. By 8 hours, the coverage is still good. Just needed a little touch up to keep it shine free. I'm very impressed.

I gave it 4 stars out of 5 because I did get breakouts after a week of using it, but I'm not sure if it's from this product or the new cheap primer i tried or the new moisturizing wipes. Overall, I highly recommend this one. Very cheap and does a wonderful job!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by karma3p80

I have a bit of a makeup obsession, especially when it comes to foundations. I don't stick with any one very long because I have never found one that suits my skin the way I want it to, and has everything I am looking for: feels lightweight, looks natural, not too thick, stays all day, is buildable so that it covers where I want it to but I don't have to apply that much all over, controls oil, does not look too flat and does not rub off. Let me tell you that for my skin (because I know that everyone's skin is different and responds differently to makeup) this is the best that I have found so far. I mean it. I have no association with cover girl whatsoever, and don't really care for their blushes, shadows, etc. but I have shopped high end all the way down to the cheapest and this is wonderful! For reference, I have combo skin that leans toward oily. This may be a little drying for dry skin- you do need to moisturize beforehand. My skin texture is a bit rough from acne when I was younger and I have a few discolorations on the cheek area. I don't use a primer or anything and this stuff is just terrific. The bonus is that it is very affordable and you absolutely don't have to use that much for each application. This is not the type of product that I would usually gravitate toward, so even if you don't like the packaging or the ads don't appeal to you, try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by hannnzyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this foundation, but it just didn't work for me. When first applied, it gave me such a flawless finish and I was so happy with it. But as the day went on, I noticed it was sliding off my face (and I'm more dry then anything!) I'm not sure why it turned out that way, but it made me shiny and turned a little orange which was really strange. Maybe I need to try a shade down or with a different primer because I think it has a lot of potential. I bought this for $5.99 at bed, bath and beyond!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ivankaranka

I was so excited to try out this product because i'm a huge fan of the concealer from the same "Ready, Set, Gorgeous" line, because it probably one of the best at the drugstore. I tried it on and it claims to reduce shine throughout the day and coming with someone with combo skin it certainly DID NOT reduce the shine. It does give you light/medium coverage that you can build up if needed so, and the packaging is cute but i really did expect more from it. Maybe i need to try it with a primer underneath but as of now it isn't really a product that i'll reach for any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so sad that I can't continue using this foundation because it's amazing. I have really oily skin and it didn't make me oily or shiny for hours which was amazing. It feels like nothing on my skin. Unfortunately, I started developing some pimples on my cheeks and I never, ever get pimples there and I don't get acne anymore so it has to be from this foundation. I have really acne prone, sensitive skin so it's no suprise. If you don't have acne prone skin, this foundation is awesome, especially for the price. I wish I could still use it because it's one of the best I've tried in a long time. Revlon Colorstay is just as good, if not better though. They have it in oily/combination formula which is amazing for sensitive, acne prone skin so for anyone looking for something like this, you can try Revlon Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by cinimini15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage was nice and light while still covering the red areas. I have very oily skin, and I think that is why most foundations turn a different color on me. Well this one was no different, it oxidized and turned orange in about 1 hr. Wish it didn't because the coverage was really pretty.