Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 5/27/2015 2:14:00 PM

This is a great drugstore foundation! I know some people can break out from CG foundations but I have never had an issue recently. This foundation is surprisingly lightweight but still does a good job with coverage without being cakey. I find the CG Outlast 3 in 1 is quite heavier than this, although I do like that one too! I am combo skin and this stuff works perfect for it, I can imagine if you have drier skin it may not be the best choice but I feel like it could still work. I also love the packaging for some reason, yeah it's not "fancy" but it's small/lightweight and great for travel!

on 5/26/2015 6:24:00 PM

Shut the hell up, I can't believe i like a Covergirl foundation! It feels like nothing at all on the skin..not heavy,hot, or oily. I've tried a lot of foundations and this is really great one! It freaking cheap at right around $7.

on 5/22/2015 2:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

hi. this has very decent coverage for feeling like I have NO makeup on. I did get oily,but this is a rare foundation that's "worth" the blot. its summer and my usual makeup is TOO heavy and mask like,... (my usual lancome teint idole ultra 24 hr ivoire 100...and Revlon colorstay whipped ivory) I work outdoors and I use sunscreen but still got an ever so slight tan so this ivory 105 works but its still too dark. "workable" dark means no line at jaw... just in my peach fuzz ha. so I just kinda rub it off.... if I applied too much there
very natural looking so you still look like YOU
I didn't see any mention of sunscreen on the front of the package....
it covered a weird scar or purply red discoloration that has driven me MAD every morning for like a decade now lol
so that was like yay!
cuz other makeups even with full coverage have weird undertones in them that only seem to highlight scars/discolorations.
the ivory 105 is definitely a "tan" undertone..not yellow or pink.
im nc10-nc15 so im very picky ..hate makeup too dark..
probably wont work for winter
the finish is awesome.,. not flat matte at all and not shiny... its "gel" like..feel nothing at all but by gel I mean FLEXIBLE,same as your skin......doesn't have to set or dry..it just IS the consistency it is as soon as its applied... very spreadable.....dry to the touch after...
I used a powder out of habit... I still have to find one to work with this.
overall a definite YES
I will continue to use this summer.
ill be outside in 90+ weather for hours everyday sweating so we will see,
ill update if its gross lol
or just message me
its weird with foundations..its not a one suits all... we as women have different moods and lifestyles and different activities during the week.. its OK to have a few foundations. I used to think that meant I couldn't find my HG.
my "prettier" foundations are also mask like and heavier... I may look awesome..but its not practical for running around in t shirts and tennis shoes..
this one is natural... my boss made a comment that im always 'made up" with makeup and that got me thinking to try new things.
with this makeup he wont think that but I still look good. just not overpretentious or something. I hadn't realized that many men in my life thought that about me.(husband brothers ,ex's etc commented over the years....they never said I looked bad but that I "always" had foundation on,always had to look "perfect")
cuz being pale I always had that white porcelain full coverage look. I faked an ultra pale look cuz nc10-nc15 can get away with that..going a notch lighter......always better than same or darker.especially when you need such coverage as I did. full.
I know its about what makes YOU feel good... but try a less is more approach too if you were like me.
trying less makeup and improving my skincare increased my confidence and opened up new worlds of foundation for me I couldn't use before.
I am NOT at the "tinted moisturizer" level yet.. I need more coverage,but I am much closer to it! I am in between..... LIGHT-medium coverage for the first time in my life rather than "medium - FULL" and so I am enjoying this covergirl makeup:)
update a week later in 90n degree outdoor job... it doesn't budge:) looks natural... breathable, I still love it. I have all that high end $30-$60 an ounce makeup you can name and I use this everyday so far. I must REALLY like it and like so many other people covergirl makeup for me has been a big NO! this makeup is so pretty! the finish is the very best thing about it. and long wearing too! I barely have to use any on my undereyes..no concealer! whats best is its pigment correction for reds and purples in skin (acne scars,purple undereyes,speider veins at nose) they DISAPPEAR without even looking like you have makeup on. I use fingers or wedge sponge...I get a better longer lasting finish with the sponge.
its a PERFECT makeup in its formulation,the only reason I gave it 4 lippies is the lightest shade 105 is still not light enough. also you have to use a lot more of the product..its runny and most absorbs into the cosmetic sponge. im applying so much its like a face lotion or tinted moisturizer..but NOT because you need more for coverage... just because os its consistency and having to spread it around on your face. I will buy again and already did! when I like something I stock up. even though its just been a week, I LOVE IT.
very acne prone and no breakouts, im oily and with this I am not moreso.

on 5/20/2015 10:27:00 PM

Really like this foundation a lot, already halfway through my second tube, might even go for a third (?) It blends like a dream on the face with a beauty blender. I have oily to dry combination skin.
It completely evens out my skin tone, covers up my dark circles, and concealed any redness on my face (which I have a lot of).
I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder and after about 5 hours, I start to get oily around my t-zone so I carry blotting sheets with me to touch up on that.
By the end of the day after about 12 hours, it's barely hanging on to my face but doesn't look awful.
One big complaint about this foundation is that it transfers, like no other. If I lay my head on a piece of paper, there would be a splotch of foundation on the paper. It transfers on to my clothes a lot, especially when I'm putting on or taking off my shirt.

on 5/19/2015 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I got it on sale--don't remember how much it costed, but I don't remember it being painfully terrible. I wanted it because it said it was not oily. For the price, I think it works exceptionally well. I absolutely hate foundations that make your face cakey, and this foundation is quite sheer and natural-looking. It also prevents shine for most of the day. Very good for department store makeup.

on 5/15/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This foundation would be great if it came in more shades. The lightest shade 105 is still too dark on me. Katy Perry is the spokesperson for this foundation and she is very fair, so I don't see how 105 would match her. Aside from that this is a good foundation. This has medium coverage and does not look cakey. It looks really nice. BTW, this foundation is pretty similar to maybelline fit me matte & poreless, but the maybelline one has more of a shade selection.

on 5/9/2015 6:33:00 PM

I am LOVING this foundation at the moment! My skin is combo/oily and tend to get very greasy in the T-zone, not necessarily during the winter months, but as soon as the weather gets nicer (like now), I become an absolute oil slick! And I've tried everything from Smashbox primers to the UD De-Slick setting spray in hopes to control the oil. I always have a lot of trouble with foundations breaking down on me as the day goes on, especially by the nose and cheek area. Well, this foundation is AWESOME - first, it looks very natural but it builds up like a dream without looking cakey like some foundations can (Revlon Colorstay and even the CG 3-1, are both a bit heavy for me for the summer). Second, it lasts a long time (about 6-8 hours) without me having to touch up, which for me is unheard of!! Third, it blends super easily with my beauty blender and it does not sink into my fine lines and my enlarged pores; it blurred out my imperfections.
I honestly think I found my HG drugstore foundation and it is only $6.99 (got mine at Target)!!
My absolute favorite foundation is still my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H foundation, but I only use it for special occasions since it is $50.
But for everyday and with the results I get I do love it and am thoroughly impressed with the Ready Set Gorgeous ! :-)

on 5/8/2015 3:01:00 PM

I was very excited when I bought this brand. I got piece by piece to have the complete collection. I have the 110 foundation. 115 powder and cant remember what code the conceal is but Im pretty sure its the lightest one. This is too matte on me. When applying it with a beauty blender it sticks to every hair and looks like crap, on me. The powder is ok but again not inpressed with how it looks on me. The concealer on the other hand, works good.

on 5/6/2015 11:53:00 AM

I have really oily skin so I bought this to control oil. It does control oil, it has pretty good coverage, but the thing I don't like is that it looks kind of cakey. It's not too bad, but I like a more natural look. I set this with NYX translucent powder and I have no problem with oil! The packaging is very very easy. I apply with a beauty blender and I am going to try wetting the sponge a bit before I use it to see if it makes it less cakey. I am glad it controls oil because that's the main reason I bought it! So unless I find another foundation with oil control that doesn't look cakey, I will probably buy again.

on 4/29/2015 5:06:00 PM

Suprised! I actually bought this foundation in a hurry and didn't look at it close enough. I didn't buy the correct brand, but I decided I would use it. I love this! I have combo older skin. This sets on my skin nicely, doesn't look shiny or set into my fine lines. It feels nice also, not tacky or heavy. I have a redness in my skin usually and this has enough coverage to eliminate it without looking cakey! I'm surprised I love it! The last covergirl foundation I bought was when I was in my teens and smelled like noxzema! I'm going to stock up on this one! It is great for my skin!