Cover Girl Ready, Set Gorgeous Oil Free Foundation

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, Sodium chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl behenate, Methicone, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic wax, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Ethylene brassylate, Frag., Behenic acid, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/2/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Color was okay, but oil free is questionable. Somewhat thick, coverage seemed minimum to full.

on 7/30/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wish this foundation would've worked out for me :/

PROS: affordable, the texture is super soft

CONS: it's super patchy, it's clings to my dry skin, the color selection is HORRIBLE because it's all pink toned

on 7/30/2015 2:46:00 AM

I like this product quite a bit. Its a lighter coverage, but evens out your skin tone. It doesn't really smudge or move throughout out the day unless you are rubbing your face. I recommend using a powder to set the foundation just to make sure it stays in place. If you are into a real heavy coverage look i wouldn't recommend this product for you.

on 7/30/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first I really liked this foundation. And then after a couples of hours it started to feel really heavy on my skin. It also didnt look good on my skin either. Settled into my fine lines and it looked too matte yet oily at the same time. Their colour selection isnt the greatest. Their lightest colour is not light enough.

on 7/27/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This being my first time trying a cover girl foundation I was kind of hesitant. I came across this when my shade sold out at the store. I really liked this foundation because it's a clean makeup and is free of oils and pore clogging ingredients which is perfect for my oily acne prone skin. It covered well I don't ever really use heavy foundations so I liked it's light application. It wasn't slippery in consistency which I've found some oil free foundations are. Also being mixed and never finding a shade that's not orangey or reddish looking or too dark or too light I was able to find my shade quickly which was a freaking godsend.The price was great especially for what you're getting considering the price of foundations
I've purchased before. The packaging was good and I do like the squeeze bottle being able to control how much you get really helps you not waste any. It looks smaller than it really is . I'm going to definitely buy this again it was perfect for me.

on 7/25/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This one is not friendly enough for my skin's daily use. Anyway, this is a good drugstore foundation. It provides a good base (matte, clearer and brighter skin). However, it bleeds overtime. :/ I'm not sure if it's because I used the wrong setting powder or I applied too much. My shade is 205 btw. Don't have any.problems with the shade selection though. Is it worth a try? Yes, if you don't have the extra money.

on 7/22/2015 5:37:00 PM

I know I'm pretty pale, but 105 in this foundation is beyond dark. Even with a moderate tan, this is way too dark (I can wear 805 in the Stay Fabulous line though) and appears almost orange on my skin, possibly because this is more pink than is appropriate for my skin. It doesn't wear well on my nose at all, since I have glasses and oily skin and it just completely wipes off shortly after I apply it. I can also feel it on my skin, sorta like a second layer, which I don't like at all. This also doesn't have any SPF. The squeeze tube is nice though, but a pump would still be nicer. Over all, this one is a sort of downer for me.

on 7/19/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased two of these products match my perfect shade. The packaging is very cute inconvenience this squeeze tube give you control of how much product comes out of the container.The application is nice on the skin however, this product does transfer off the skin easily and does not they stay throughout the day. I have combination oily skin and this product is not mattifying on my skin. Although this product claims to be oil-free it sits on my skin like a moisturizing product. The application is really nice and light and is not designed for long wear this is another product that I will only wear if I were running errands for a few hours and then I will take it off because it does not last long. I use a primer underneath the foundation to prolong the wear time of this foundation. Yet my skin still gets oily and I have to blot several times using a light hand because the product does transfer very easily even if I use my setting spray. I've used several brands of setting spray from Urban Decay to Loreal setting spray. I think this product just does not work that well on my skin and it should be used as a light coverage foundation. Because if I apply any more product to build it it will transfer even more I would not recommend this product or repurchase it again

on 7/16/2015 4:27:00 AM

Pros:

- Oil free
- Does not clog pores
- Matte finish
- Long lasting
- Light weight
- Inexpensive
- Cute packaging

Cons:

- Not much coverage

As you can tell, the pros outweigh the cons by a lot. I stopped using foundations due to them making my acne worse. On days I absolutely need foundation, I use this. It doesn't make me feel like I have another layer of skin on my face, as many other foundations do. It also absorbs quickly, which I really like.

If you have a lot of acne/things to cover up, this might not give you enough coverage.

EDIT: I am so sad that I will not be purchasing this product, or any other Cover Girl products again. Unfortunately, they do test on animals. They have a "no animal testing" policy, however, they sell their products in countries that have mandatory animal testing on products (so, they still end up testing products on animals in those countries). I left my original review as is for the product itself, however, I would not recommend it any more because of the animal cruelty.

on 7/13/2015 10:48:00 AM

This stuff oxidizes into a horrible orange color every single time. I have oil around my nose and it seems to eat through this foundation is just that spot. Looks amazing when I first finish makeup but sure enough I'm orange at some point. Not attractive.