October 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Max Factor - CC Colour Corrector stick - green

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by milla12345

~~First impressions review~~

I'm pale skinned and have a LOT of redness on my face. My nose and cheeks are constantly red, and my chin suffers a bit too. It's such a pain because ideally I wouldn't like to wear much skin make up on a day to day basis, but my skin tone looks so horrible I have had to. It takes a lot of concealer followed by foundation to cover up the redness and it's very annoying having to plaster on all that skin make up everyday.

But, it looks like those days may be of the past now thanks to this new release!!!
The packaging is really nice. You can roll up the bottom so you never have to sharpen it or anything - it's quite similar to Clinique chubby sticks.

The way I use this is I draw in criss-cross lines over my redness and then blend it out with my finger.
The formula is wonderful, really creamy, not cakey at all. It's much easier to blend than concealer and feels light on the skin.

The best thing about this is what a fabulous job it does of correcting the redness on my face. When I apply it well, the redness is completely gone from my cheeks - normally it would take a lot of foundation/concealer to achieve this! It feels really nice on the skin, so light!

Personally I cannot just wear this on its own - it leaves your skin looking quite pasty/chalky (but much better than red!). The correction is so good that I can just put a light tinted moisturizer/BB cream on top to give a natural finish. No need for foundation/concealer.

I'm yet to wear this for an extended period so I'm not sure how it lasts during the day - I'm really hoping that it lasts well!!

I paid 9.99 for this. Not a massive bargain seeing as my favourite Rimmel foundation is just 6.99, but redness is a big problem for me so if a product works I'm happy to pay. From using it I don't get the sense the product would last years, I'd expect to have to buy another in 6 months maybe using it everyday. I know that Boots Natural Collection do a green concealer stick in a lipstick tube which costs 1.99 - I'd be interested to know how it compares to the Max Factor if anyone has tried both!

Overall I expect this to become a staple in my make up bag and I'm really hoping it will help to streamline and lighten up my make up routine. It has tempted me to want to try another of the CC sticks!