MAC Pro LongWear Compact Foundation SPF 20

3.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 2.40%, Titanium Dioxide 2.30% Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermim Parkii (Shea Butter), Caryocar Brasiliense Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive)} Fruit Oil, Ceramide 2, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosterols, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Triethoxycaprrylylsilane, Butylene Clycol, Pentaeythrityl Tetrea-Di-t-Butyl Hydrocuhydrocinnamate [+/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides]

on 1/9/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet, but so far I'm not that impressed. I stressed to the girl at the make up counter that I have extremely oily skin, and I'm looking for something to last throughout my wedding day in two weeks. She recommend this, and I have to admit, the coverage when it first goes on is fabulous! In a NC15, the colour match is amazing, but I've found that after a couple of hours sitting under the central heating at work, my face is oily and the foundation has turned to patched across the pores on my cheeks. I really hope this is just because it's so warm in my office, because I'm going to be seriously peed off if it looks like this after an hour on my wedding day. I use it over prep and prime and under the prep and prime translucent finishing powder. If you're an oily gal like me, I'd ask for a sample before you buy.

Update March 15: I officially hate this foundation, will definately not repurchase!!!

on 1/1/2015 4:53:00 AM

This product is my go to foundation. I have this in Nc20 and the colour is a perfect match for my skin and looks very natural. It provides a 'medium' coverage, which covers redness, blemishes, freckles and dark circles. I do not need to use a concealer with this product. The compact comes with a sponge which can be used to apply the foundation. Moving this sponge in a circular motion causes a flawless application. The compact is a decent size and is sturdy. I would recommend this foundation to anyone. A+ :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation, especially for those days when I don't feel like spending a lot of time to achieve flawless yet natural looking skin. This gets me a perfect face in less than a minute or two.
I have this foundation in NW 20, which is a great match for me. It oxidizes just a tiny bit, nothing unnatural. Some reviewers mention that this foundation can cling to dry patches- yes, it can, but it is very easy to avoid. I have combination skin- oily forehead and dry-ish cheeks. I suggest applying a thin layer of primer (I use Garnier's 5 second blur) and then using flat top kabuki, and you'll get truly flawless, natural looking finish. The foundation blends in really-really well in seconds and has natural to dewy-ish finish. Just don't use that horrible sponge, skunk brush they suggest for this in MAC isn't the best either.
I generally don't use powder to set this foundation. Only if it is really hot and humid out, then a bit of powder or just blotting paper or tissue is good.
The foundation has good staying power, I generally don't do any touch-ups during the day. Maybe just a tiny bit on my nose when I rub it a lot or wear shades on a hot day. I easily get about 12 hours of wear. And with all that, the foundation is very lightweight, doesn't feel heavy on the face at all, which is great, as most foundations make me want to wash my face.
I'm not crazy about the packaging, because for some reason when I open the compact, the sponge compartment opens first (and I don't ever use the sponge), so I have to put some effort into opening the foundation compartment. It is a bit annoying, but maybe I got a defective case.
Great foundation, convenient for those who travel fast. I'm taking one star off because it is on expensive side.

on 9/14/2014 1:40:00 PM

Nah... didn't like this one. I used to like the original pro longwear liquid and i still use the liquid concealer so i thought this would be a win. but no. it may go on nice and easy that's how it got 2 stars, and look good initially, but it totally mottles and moves around and is blotchy mad fast. plus, i hit pan and i hardly used it. this is like the opposite of the word "longwear." save some pennies and go for revlon colorstay whipped, which is the best foundation ive ever tried!!!

on 9/10/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I adore this foundation. It has been my HG since I first bought it in April 2014. I have to get ready for work *very* quickly in the morning since I start so early, and this foundation is a breeze to apply. A little goes a very long way, and it blends like a dream. I do wear this over a well-primed face, however (MUFE HD Elixir and HD Primer), and I use MAC MSFN over the foundation, and I think that is the key to getting a flawless, non-cakey, non-streaky, long-lasting finish. I go from 5:45am to 9pm with his stuff, including workouts. LOVE.

The one con is that I do go through it relatively quickly. I started using it not quite five months ago and have just hit pan on my second compact. So I’d say I go through a compact every 2.5 to 3 months.

For reference, I wear this foundation in NW20 and the MSFN on top of it in Light Plus. I wear the liquid MAC Pro Longwear foundation in a mixture of N18 and NW20. I am 115 in MUFE HD foundation and 20 in MUFE F&B.

on 8/23/2014 2:56:00 PM

I am not a big fan of this makeup. I have tried so many different products from mac and i will for sure say this is my least favorite. This was my first cream foundation and for sure my last. The coverage was nice and very buildable, but i noticed it was rather cakey on my face. It was also extremely thick and hard to blend. Also, whenever i would take a photo, my face would turn up GHOST white and i mean very white. I would even bronze it up to try and make it not show up so white in pictures. It got to a point where i would refuse to take pictures because i knew my face would show up that white. My face is at its best acne wise since i am on accutane, so I am going to try something more light coverage. If you have dry skin, this is not for you. My face is very dry because of accutane and the foundation just looked bad on my skin. Overall, the makeup itself just wasn't for me.

on 8/12/2014 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Ugh... this was kind of a disaster on me. At MAC, I told the SA that I was looking for a lighter-coverage foundation, because I don't like feeling thick/cakey. Before trying this I had only used powdered foundation, but I wanted to try a liquid/cream. I have oily skin, but it tends to get dry in certain spots, like around the base of my nose and around current zits, and powder doesn't work well with those spots.

The SA matched me to NW20, and it looked pretty good in the store... but he also used the "skunk brush" to blend it in, but sold me the somewhat smaller/softer brush #159, instead. I didn't realize this until several days of trying to apply this makeup unsuccessfully. It would really not blend at all, was thick and cakey, oxidized, AND was totally the wrong shade -- much darker than my neck, and as the people on the boards here helped me realize, my skin undertones are yellow, not pink. I think my skin throws a lot of people off because I'm pretty light skinned, and I guess people tend to assume "light = pink", but my skin is more of a very very light olive (I'm half Armenian, I.E., Kim Kardashian, but mixed with pale Eastern European). So the NW20 was way too pink and dark for my skin.

I ended up returning the makeup and explaining the issues I had with it, and the guy (who seemed more like a supervisor or manager) asked what moisturizer I used. I said that since I have oily skin, I don't use any in particular, because I have not yet found one that doesn't break me out. He tried to sell me the MAC moisturizer and explained that *that* is why it was not working on me. I told him I needed samples before I would commit. He gave me a sample of the moisturizer and the Pro Longwear in a lighter shade, but there are drugstore foundations that work better on me for much cheaper so I don't think I will be purchasing another.

on 7/8/2014 10:16:00 AM

This was just plain horrible for me. I have extreme combination skin--oily to very oily t-zone and very dry, dehydrated cheeks so when I suggested this at the MAC counter, they probably should have dissuaded me. (The only compact foundation I have ever used was Vincent Longo water canvas many years ago, and that was worlds better but much more expensive). The color the SA chose was NW20, which surprisingly was only a little bit too dark for my N/NW10-15 skin. It didn't blend at all. It looked like a dry cakey mess just sitting on top of my skin. Somehow, it was worse than any powder foundation I have tried. There really wasn't anything I could do to make it look better, so even though I was in a rush, I quickly washed it off and used something else.

I didn't like this at all. I was really hoping that I would. The first thing I noticed as I put it on is that, true to many cream type foundations for me, it seemed to sink into pores in the areas where they are larger.

Secondly, it really clings to dry patches.

When I sweat, as I do in the hot mid west summer, it breaks up and gets gross on me.

I think it has roughly light to medium coverage. The more you build the less it will stick on and slide around.

I will be returning this.

on 7/6/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This product is described as a sheer-medium coverage cream-to-powder foundation with a 10 hour wear, that is transfer resistant.

I found this to be good for what it is. For someone who typically prefers a fuller coverage, with a more dewy or satin finish, I decided to give this a try.

I was actually surprised by the coverage -- with two thin layers, I was actually able to achieve a very full, medium coverage. Which, paired with a little of my Pro Longwear concealer, was great. However, it does dry down to a very dry, powdery finish, which, no matter how much I sprayed my face with Fix+, was just a little too dry for me. However, if you have oilier skin, you might really like the matte finish.

I found that it held up pretty well throughout my work day, but I don't know that I would consider it super transfer resistant, considering it did come off quite a bit around my nose, and then a lot more on my pillow when I laid down for a nap.

Overall, this is good for someone who's looking for a lightweight, moderate coverage foundation with a decently long wear time, and maybe not high heat/humidity, with normal-oily skin.

Popular Crème Foundations