MAC Pro LongWear Compact Foundation SPF 20

3.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 2.40%, Titanium Dioxide 2.30% Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermim Parkii (Shea Butter), Caryocar Brasiliense Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive)} Fruit Oil, Ceramide 2, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosterols, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Triethoxycaprrylylsilane, Butylene Clycol, Pentaeythrityl Tetrea-Di-t-Butyl Hydrocuhydrocinnamate [+/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides]

on 8/12/2015 4:44:00 AM

I bought this foundation after reading so many great reviews. I've got combo skin and was very disappointed with this product.

I tried to use it straight on moisturized skin, with extra primer, and primer & mattifier. In all cases it turned flaky and patchy all over the face - in oily and in dry areas! I just don't get it. I've tried to change my moisturizer but it didn't help :/ Also althought it matched my skin tone when applying, after few hours my face turned orange :/

So it went back to the store. Never again.

Pros - good coverage, good packaging, nice range of shades to choose from.

Cons - doesn't work with my combo skin at all and oxidize easily - not worth the full price.

on 7/21/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This provides a good coverage and I have this in NC20 and it is a good match for my skin. It is easy to apply with the sponge that comes with it, and the mirror in the compact is a nice size. It doesn't clog my pores or cause me to breakout, however it does cause the skin on my cheeks to dry out slightly. I think I will stick to liquid foundations in future.

on 6/27/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I would buy it again in an absolute heartbeat, it fits the bill for my picky skin needs: the formula is creamy and super quick to apply with a flat top kabuki (I can cover my face in a minute flat as opposed to 5 when I would pour/mix my liquid foundation) the packaging, albeit bulky, is compact and great for travel. The formula can be built from medium to full coverage and it's not sticky nor does it feel heavy on the face. I have it in NC25, which works for me but I always feel that the MAC artists do color matching in a way that isn't necessarily consistent to how I would regularly do my makeup. This stuff really held up during a trans-Atlantic flight, I checked my face nearly 24 hrs. later and my face wasn't a smudgy, greasy mess (although my oily zones were questionable) and the foundation was still intact. The only reason why I HATE this foundation is because I've had this for two weeks and I've already hit pan. I am by no means a cake face but this is not economical for a college students budget. SPF makes for the ghost face in photos, too.

on 5/31/2015 5:43:00 PM

My review is solely on a first try basis.I went to the MAC counter at Macys to get some samples it has been long since I buy brand makeup I usually buy pharmacy makeup. I was looking to switch to MAC or another name brand creme foundation and boy what was I missing! !!

It is worth the extra bucks. The prduct which im rating is this one " MAC creme pro LongWear Compact"which has 20 SPF coverage .

I fell in love, it matched me perfectly while making my skin look flawless and clearer .lighter ,covering all my imperfections without looking heavy. I cant describe it but have uploaded a picture. I am so amazed I baught it, I dont like regular liquid foundations never ,I am more into creamy or whip creme foundations bc they are thicker , and easier to apply they just look way better! I totally recomend the creme over the mac foundation just my opinion.

Anyway, go try it! make sureyou apply it yourself bc the mac ppl just brush it on lightly and I like applying it with the sponge not heavily but just where it covers. there are a couple of creme compact foundations for MAC but this onen has SPF which protects your face from tanning in the sun. I just purchased and am so thrilled. love it!I feel beautifuuuuuul!

on 1/9/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet, but so far I'm not that impressed. I stressed to the girl at the make up counter that I have extremely oily skin, and I'm looking for something to last throughout my wedding day in two weeks. She recommend this, and I have to admit, the coverage when it first goes on is fabulous! In a NC15, the colour match is amazing, but I've found that after a couple of hours sitting under the central heating at work, my face is oily and the foundation has turned to patched across the pores on my cheeks. I really hope this is just because it's so warm in my office, because I'm going to be seriously peed off if it looks like this after an hour on my wedding day. I use it over prep and prime and under the prep and prime translucent finishing powder. If you're an oily gal like me, I'd ask for a sample before you buy.

Update March 15: I officially hate this foundation, will definately not repurchase!!!

on 1/1/2015 4:53:00 AM

This product is my go to foundation. I have this in Nc20 and the colour is a perfect match for my skin and looks very natural. It provides a 'medium' coverage, which covers redness, blemishes, freckles and dark circles. I do not need to use a concealer with this product. The compact comes with a sponge which can be used to apply the foundation. Moving this sponge in a circular motion causes a flawless application. The compact is a decent size and is sturdy. I would recommend this foundation to anyone. A+ :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this foundation, especially for those days when I don't feel like spending a lot of time to achieve flawless yet natural looking skin. This gets me a perfect face in less than a minute or two.
I have this foundation in NW 20, which is a great match for me. It oxidizes just a tiny bit, nothing unnatural. Some reviewers mention that this foundation can cling to dry patches- yes, it can, but it is very easy to avoid. I have combination skin- oily forehead and dry-ish cheeks. I suggest applying a thin layer of primer (I use Garnier's 5 second blur) and then using flat top kabuki, and you'll get truly flawless, natural looking finish. The foundation blends in really-really well in seconds and has natural to dewy-ish finish. Just don't use that horrible sponge, skunk brush they suggest for this in MAC isn't the best either.
I generally don't use powder to set this foundation. Only if it is really hot and humid out, then a bit of powder or just blotting paper or tissue is good.
The foundation has good staying power, I generally don't do any touch-ups during the day. Maybe just a tiny bit on my nose when I rub it a lot or wear shades on a hot day. I easily get about 12 hours of wear. And with all that, the foundation is very lightweight, doesn't feel heavy on the face at all, which is great, as most foundations make me want to wash my face.
I'm not crazy about the packaging, because for some reason when I open the compact, the sponge compartment opens first (and I don't ever use the sponge), so I have to put some effort into opening the foundation compartment. It is a bit annoying, but maybe I got a defective case.
Great foundation, convenient for those who travel fast. I'm taking one star off because it is on expensive side.

on 9/14/2014 1:40:00 PM

Nah... didn't like this one. I used to like the original pro longwear liquid and i still use the liquid concealer so i thought this would be a win. but no. it may go on nice and easy that's how it got 2 stars, and look good initially, but it totally mottles and moves around and is blotchy mad fast. plus, i hit pan and i hardly used it. this is like the opposite of the word "longwear." save some pennies and go for revlon colorstay whipped, which is the best foundation ive ever tried!!!

on 9/10/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I adore this foundation. It has been my HG since I first bought it in April 2014. I have to get ready for work *very* quickly in the morning since I start so early, and this foundation is a breeze to apply. A little goes a very long way, and it blends like a dream. I do wear this over a well-primed face, however (MUFE HD Elixir and HD Primer), and I use MAC MSFN over the foundation, and I think that is the key to getting a flawless, non-cakey, non-streaky, long-lasting finish. I go from 5:45am to 9pm with his stuff, including workouts. LOVE.

The one con is that I do go through it relatively quickly. I started using it not quite five months ago and have just hit pan on my second compact. So I’d say I go through a compact every 2.5 to 3 months.

For reference, I wear this foundation in NW20 and the MSFN on top of it in Light Plus. I wear the liquid MAC Pro Longwear foundation in a mixture of N18 and NW20. I am 115 in MUFE HD foundation and 20 in MUFE F&B.

on 8/23/2014 2:56:00 PM

I am not a big fan of this makeup. I have tried so many different products from mac and i will for sure say this is my least favorite. This was my first cream foundation and for sure my last. The coverage was nice and very buildable, but i noticed it was rather cakey on my face. It was also extremely thick and hard to blend. Also, whenever i would take a photo, my face would turn up GHOST white and i mean very white. I would even bronze it up to try and make it not show up so white in pictures. It got to a point where i would refuse to take pictures because i knew my face would show up that white. My face is at its best acne wise since i am on accutane, so I am going to try something more light coverage. If you have dry skin, this is not for you. My face is very dry because of accutane and the foundation just looked bad on my skin. Overall, the makeup itself just wasn't for me.

Popular Crème Foundations