November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying compact

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by beanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one of the best powder foundations I've tried for oily skin. It offers really good, matte coverage, that still manages to look natural, even when applied with the sponge that it comes with. When I want lighter coverage or use this as a finishing powder, I apply it with a stippling brush and it's great.

It's very finelly milled and has a super silky texture. It also has really good oil control and stays put the whole day - I can go up to 8 hours without touching up. I don't notice any fragrance, which is always a plus for my sensitive skin/nose.

I've used both shades 40 (as NC35) and 30 (NC30) and overall the colors work for me, though those are hardly perfect matches. One thing I have to say about this product is that its color range is limited and the shades I've tried are all pink. Which is funny, considering Shiseido is a Japanese brand.

Other than that, awesome powder foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First bought this stuff about a year or so ago after trying it on at the counter. Love it! It mattifies your skin instantly without drying or making it appear dull or ashy.
It's very inexpensive compared to other compacts I've purchased as you only buy refills after the initial purchase of the compact (and also Eco-friendly).

I've carried it with me to blot throughout the day and have even worn it as a stand-alone foundation powder. Lately my skin has been more dry so I dust this over my liquid foundation as a mattifying setting powder.
I would recommend this to anyone who has oily or acne-prone skin, or anyone who just wants a natural-looking matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first Shiseido product I ever used and this one means business! It says it will control the oil, and it does just that. I have extremely oily skin. My used blotting papers looked like they've been dipped in a bowl of oil- I'm not kidding. But this powder is so good at controlling oil that I use it over everything. I use it to set my liquid foundations, I use it over a powder foundation and even on its own. For those who intend to use this alone, please note that this will NOT provide full coverage. The coverage is rather sheer and this can't really be used on its own as a foundation for occasions etc. especially if you prefer the poreless and perfected look. But I have often used just this powder on my face during the day and the look it gives is decent enough. Keep in mind that I use it with the Pureness oil free moisturiser to get the really matte and oil free look that I prefer, so you might have to do the same depending on the level of oil control that you desire. I'm already on my third one and I can't imagine my life without this, lol. I wish the mirror was bigger and given how quickly this one goes I wish this was cheaper. But it still won't stop me from repurchasing the powder because it really does do the job quite well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful surprise! I've never been happy with powder foundation (powdery, oxidizes, oil slick, etc.) but keep trying as I want an easy, light coverage especially for hot humid summer. This gives light but pretty coverage on me (with 2 layers using the sponge, dry), doesn't cause any breakouts and doesn't oxidize at all. I use a primer and oil free sunblock under it and it lasts and wears equally as well as any liquid foundation but with lighter coverage and very natural look. Just so great! No powdery look at all - how did Shiseido do this? And there were no blue cases left so the SA gave me the limited edition summer yellow case (so cute). Would have given it perfect 5 stars for just a smidgen more coverage. In love :)
Oh, if you're pale as opposed to light, may not work. I use 10 Light Ivory and it's a dead perfect match. MAC NW 20, Lancome Clair II.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 6:26:00 AM More reviews by ChocChipCookie

Best compact foundation I've ever used. This product is from the pureness line and it is the only face product I use. I had an acne treatment and this is the only product I totally trust. It really does absorb the oil and gives a smooth complexion. It might not be the best compact foundation for those with red/brown scars because it provides a light coverage, but this is a plus for me as I don't like to use heavy products on my face. I have bought this product many times and will definitely buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this powder in the darkest shade ( which is not really dark at all, so dark skinned beauties can't try this) this made my pores invisible, like COMPLETELY GONE .. Never had this happen before!

The colourmatch was kinda off though, made me look chalky too bad they don't have a darker shade.

Coverage I'd say light to medium, buildable but not more than 2-3 layers

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

What an amazing powder! Finally a powder that doesn't make my already massive pores any larger! Excellent product, I wouldn't say its as matte as something like Mac's studiofix powder but it provides a very natural finish. My only cons would be the packaging which although very travel friendly isn't really suitable for people who prefer to use a sponge as there is no sponge compartment. Its a pricey product but for me definitely worth it and I am soooo happy I looked into shiseido. The light ivory colour is somewhat between a NC20 and NC25 in mac powders. If NC20 is dark for you this colour isn't for you. NC20 is my colour, this makes me a bit darker than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DISCLAIMER
I'm so sorry for my English: I'm Italian and I'm a little bit rusty ;-)

CONS
I choose the wrong nuance, I choose the darkest one...so it seems like a bronzer :(
This small compact powder, in Italy, costs (more or less) 20 euros...so it's not so cheap.

PRO
I've really forgot the word OIL: my face is mat (and without visible pores) for at least 12 hours!
This compact powder covers like a professional liquid foundation and the packaging is very handy: I bring it always with me...in my pockets ;-)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MiniMausi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love, Love, LOVE this compact!! I have oily acne prone skin and a cosmetician recommended this one for me. She said it has great coverage, is matifying, anti bacterial and most importantly does not clog the pores. I have to say she was 100% right. I've been using this compact for over 4 years now and it is just great. It doesn't make me break out or clog my pores. It feels light and is matifying. It has great coverage too. For me this is the perfect powder! And I think for many people with oily and acne prone skin it is!
The price is not bad either. And I like that you just buy the refill after the first time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

To start with I do not wear any liquid foundation on a regular basis, I just dab on some concealer and then buff the palladio rice powder on my face and I am good to go. I use to own the MAC studio fix powder but since it is sooooo mattfying, my face always ends up with smile lines(btw im only 21) I ended up giving it away. My palladio rice powder has worked great on me BUT since its a loose powder I can not take it out with me since I feel like if I take it out of my purse , its gunna explode because it is just too messy!!!

So i was looking for a sheer mattfying COMPACT powder and I came upon this, Im shade 03 natural ivory. I have applied it on a HOT day and let me tell you, i have only touched up once and my face my matte the whole day!!! And towards the end of the day, it was just dewy but not oily..

My only concern since it has SPF, i am afraid to use it at night because it might make my face look white on pictures, the SA said that the foundation does that but the powder does not. I havent tried it out but for a day make-up this one has saved my face from being oily!