November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Pressed Powders - CK One - Pressed Powder

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by applecour

I'm really liking this powder. I purchased it in the lightest shade, porcelain, and it's awesome because it has a warm undertone that light shades usually lack. What I really love about this powder, is that when I apply it with a light hand over my creme foundation, it makes it last all day long with very minimal maintenance, and I can also apply with a flat top over my moisturizer on lazy days when I just want to even my tone before heading out. This powder hasn't broken me out, and it's really been lasting a long time. I've been using this powder for about 2 month's now and I haven't hit pan on it yet. A little bit does go a long way with this powder, and I've noticed there isn't much fall-out so you're not wasting product.

I really love the compact it's in. It's matte black on the bottom and shiny white on the top with CK One in black. It's pretty slim, so I can carry it in a wristlet for touch ups with ease. The one thing I'm not a fan of, is that the sponge sits directly on the product. I wish I had kept the clear film that was placed between the product and sponge when I originally purchased it. Adding a sponge compartment would make the compact larger and more clunky, so I'm fine with how it is, I just know to keep the clear piece for next time.

Overall I highly recommend this powder to everyone and anyone, whether you're dry or oily, dark or light, it will work for you. I'm really shocked no one has reviewed this yet.

EDIT: While this is still a decent powder, I have found that it doesn't do much for oil control (then again it doesn't claim to) and it can also look pretty cakey when you reapply. If you prefer a natural look, I wouldn't suggest this. I put it over my MAC Face & Body and it just didn't look good. Overall, it's still a good powder, but I won't repurchase.