Kat Von D Immortal Lash

2.3

on 4/22/2015 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow. Totally shocked by the low ratings. I too got this in the set as a mini with the liner. The liner is my HG liquid liner and I wanted to give this a shot too. After one use I knew I needed the full size. Yes it is a drier formula per say but it does not make my lashes feel dry or crunchy at all. I can do one or two coats or build to my hearts content and it does not clump at all. It holds a curl, doesn't flake, but comes off easily at the end of the day. As for the wand, I've recently had LASIK and my eyeballs are still tender and I found I continuously poked them with other wands (especially Lancome Hypnose Drama) but this wand gives me no issues and the ball at the end is great for those tiny lashes on the inner and outer corner. LOVE!!!!

I got this with the Kat Eye set (much different review for the liner) and was kinda disappointed.. I will say that I love the wand, that is probably the only thing that is keeping me from getting rid of it. Cute packaging like all of her stuff. It seems like it was kinda dried up when I first got it, and after about 30 sec of having it out it was so dry and unusable. It clumps up a lot and it's kinda hard to work with. I will say that once you have it on it will stay there better than a lot of other mascaras though. I believe it if was newer and more liquidy going on that I would love it. I thought I just got a bad one but not so sure after seeing other reviews...

on 3/17/2015 11:10:00 PM

I didn't care for this mascara at all.

The applicator itself looks like a medieval spiked mace, making it impossible to get the applicator down close to my lash line without stabbing my eyeball with the thing. The applicator is also flimsy and with that spiked ball on the end you have to push hard to get the thing back into the tube. Don't know about other users but this caused my applicator to bend.

The mascara itself was nothing to write home about. The formula was very wet and did nothing to lengthen or volumize my lashes, the only thing it did was color my lashes black.

I know of many other mascaras out there that actually perform and cost less. This one is going back to Sephora.

on 3/17/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I didn't like a thing about this mascara. In the first place I lost several lashes after just 1 day of wear. It dried my eyes and lashes so badly that when I washed my face in the evening the mascara came off as dry sand. Second issue is how it actually looks. It is so bad at doing any justice to your own natural lashes that they eventually look horrible and sparse. Third point is the wand which is ridiculous and too twisted to an even nice separation. What is the point in compromising your lashes for the high price like this?

on 2/25/2015 6:40:00 PM

This came in Sephora's sampler box and I knew right away there would be issues. Even though the packaging is fun and the wand itself is kind of cool, the actual mascara is mediocre. I think they tried so hard to make the wand a reflection of her cool-ness, it took away from the overall product. Love you, Kat, but could live without this mascara.

on 2/25/2015 11:54:00 AM

I didn't notice this mascara doing anything at all. The ball at the end of the wand is also difficult to use, this is just a useless product.

I was so excited to try out this mascara. I love Kat Von D (her liquid lipsticks are fabulous!), and I thought I'd really love this. The brush looks pretty cool, and it seems like it would definitely help with clumps. However, I ended up absolutely hating the mascara. The formula was really dry and flaky. When I put it on, there was hardly any difference with my lashes. The only evidence that I was wearing anything was the previously mentioned flaking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, i'd like to say that I am a kat von D fan...however, I am definitely not a fan of this mascara.. I got it as part of the sephora mini lash stash box and thought that out of all of them this would end up being my favorite and instead it turned out to be the most disappointing one in the set. I'm usually partial to these kind of applicator wands but this one just didn't do anything for my lashes. No length, no volume, no definition. No clumps ok. but that was it aside from the cute packaging. It just left me with limp little lifeless bearly there lashes.. Now, I don't have long lush lashes but I also don't have short stubbly ones either so with that being said c'mon!!! for the price of the original size it really should do something of significance other than just look cute on your vanity. If you're a more "Au Naturale" kinda girl that just wants darker lashes sans the clumps than you might be satisfied with this mascara. However, to pay damn near 30 bucks for that I think is a bit much but hey.. whatever floats your boat pal.. Sorry kat but me no likey:(

on 6/7/2014 6:49:00 PM

I had high hopes for this one as I've been pleased with Kat Von D's makeup so far. I am always looking for a smudgeproof and flakeproof mascara. This seemed good at first, until I touched my eyes at work one day. It flaked, got into my eye and turned it red. I will be returning to Sephora -- I don't like to take chances with something that seems irritating.

on 6/5/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I liked this mascara. The wand puts you in the mind set of They're Real meets a curved over exaggerated Lash Domination (Bare Minerals). The ball at the end gives great separation and the curved want gives good curl. Overall, not mind-blowing but a good one to have.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products