L'Oreal Skin Perfection Day Moisturizer

3.8

on 8/16/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm just running out of my first jar of this stuff and I immeaditely went and bought a new one! This is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. It glides on to the skin perfectly leaving it moisturised but not oily. There is no residue left on my face from this. I feel like my skin is in better condition that it has been in years and it looks great and more even. The jar is beautiful and I love that this is pink!

on 8/1/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this product! It has become my all time favourite moisturizer. I sometimes suffer from redness and this has helped to even out my skin tone so much. It says day moisturizer but I use it at night time too and I find that when I use it at night I wake up with a really clear/even complexion. I feel like it has really changed my skin. It has never once broke me out. I also think the packaging is so pretty and feels a lot more pricey than it is. I have already repurchased this and I will continue to do so in the future.

on 4/3/2015 11:30:00 PM

Broke me out in pimples. This has never happened to me!
I try loads of new products all the time, both skincare and cosmetics. And I have never had a reaction like this. Pimples and red spots everywhere.
Generally I have very good skin, maybe one or two pimples here and there. But this is madness.

on 8/1/2014 1:58:00 AM

I recently purchased the skin perfection serum, and I love it! So I decided to buy the moisturizer as well, and its fantastic. These products definitely work & my skin feels like a dream :)

on 4/26/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received this moisturizer along with the serum as part of a test group in my region. Although I loved the serum and have repurchased now multiple times, I won't be repurchasing the moisturizer.

This is a day moisturizer but lacks any sun protection. This wouldn't be the worst thing, but because the cream feels heavy on the skin, it quickly feels like I have to layer far too much product in order to get what I would consider adequate sun protection and moisture.

The cream itself feels light to the touch, but it never quite feels like it dries down completely on my face. It remains very tacky, but also has an unusual and slightly siliconey slippy feel on the skin. It looks nice, but it feels just terrible for me. It also has an oddly sweet chemical sort of smell. It does make applying foundation smoother, but this might be where the silicone comes in.

I think this product is a bad match for my oily skin. I did use the remainder of the tub as a night cream, and found the results perfectly adequate. But since this is marketed as a day cream, I can't recommend it for its intended purpose for anyone with combination to oily skin. It is entirely possible that this might work well for someone with dry or average skin.

The Skin Perfection line claims that best results are achieved when using their products in combination. I noticed no particular added benefits to using this moisturizer plus the serum as opposed to using my regular moisturizer plus the serum, hence I don't really support that claim.

It's not a bad product, but if you have oily skin, you will probably want to pass on this one. I would recommend the Nivea Visage Young Control It Gel Cream (or in Europe the Pure Effect Mattifying Gel Moisturizer) line instead of this.

Popular Moisturizers