July 25, 2014 | 942 users online

Styling Products - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Transitioning Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by changela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My naturally fine hair is pretty damaged from being coloured, then bleached, then coloured again. I have tried all kinds of products, including organic argan oil, straight coconut oil, de-frizzing products, keratin products, silkening products, curl balms, serums -- you name it! The silicone product I was using, which did the job ok, was starting to dry my hair, so I needed a silicone-free product for the long term, since my hair is long and I'm growing it out.

Enter Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Transitioning Milk. I ordered it online and had it shipped to me in Ireland, which made the product's final cost a bit more. But it was worth it. First off, I love the smell. It's light but comforting, and a little beachy, but not too sweet smelling. Secondly, the consistency is thinner than some products, but not in any way runny. Compared to the stuff I was using previously, this product doesn't take as much to work, which means it will last longer.

The true test, for me, is to put the product in my hair and let it air dry. Usually, my hair will either frizz right up or else look oily and never dry. I was shocked to look in the mirror and see rapunzel-like waves cascading down my back. My hair dried beautifully, and the curl that had turned to frizz with all the chemical damage was restored in just one use. I honestly think that in time, this product will repair my hair, which is not something I ever experienced before (and as I established, I've tried a LOT of products). Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells sooooo delicious!!! Despite the amazing smell I really don't see a difference between this and and the other milks. It kept my hair moist and soft, but so does the curl and style milk and the thickening growth milk. It's a little more expensive than the other milks at Walgreens. I have low porosity 3b/3c hair and I use this by itself. It doesn't wow me, but it's not horrible either. I'd only repurchase if it was a sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a styling cream that you use on damp hair. It has some smoothing properties, as well as a good percentage of shea butter, coconut oil, sugar starch, argan oil, and wheat germ oil. There is also panthenol and vegetable glycerin in this. It is very emollient so a little goes a long way. It did a good job of keeping my ends hydrated and soft. I can see this being more suitable in the summer for me looking at the ingredients. It doesn't feel heavy at all and I was able to apply it around my scalp without it being greasy. My hair is not chemically treated, but this does make a good styling cream for damaged hair. It doesn't provide much shine but it moisturizes well.