November 23, 2014 | 1934 users online

Hair Treatments - Shea Moisture - Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Shea Moisture as a brand overall, especially their body products. I've been less impressed with their hair offerings, including this product. I didn't find that it did an outstanding job detangling, and basically left me feeling pretty much meh about its abilities. I have certainly used better detanglers.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I didn't care for this at all. I put this on one side of my hair and kckt on the other side and kckt allowed the tangles to easily be removed, but the sm detangler did not detangle my hair at all. It had no slip at all. It does smell nice. Not a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by DorothyKM

I love this product! I've never heard of it or tried it before, but CVS was having a BOGO free sale so I was like what the heck, I'm gonna try whatever I can...plus it was supposed to be moisturizing as well so that automatically got my attention. I have 4c hair and I loved how my hair felt after putting it in my hair. My hair felt soft and definitely not tangled. I would definitely buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I try to wait a few weeks before reviewing things, but I only lasted a week on this one. This stuff is fantastic. I was so iffy to try because it's more expensive than most SM products and a smaller bottle. It also looks like gel. Well... It definitely detangles and provides great moisture as a leave in. I bought 3 bottles at the CVS bogo sale haha. My hair is naturally dry and very thirsty, so I probably use more than a lot of people, but start out with a little and work your way up. The product dissolves into your hair, so be patient with it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have low-porosity 3b/3c hair and when the label says "extra-moisture" detangler it REALLY means extra moisture! I used this product as a leave in, and it weighed down my curls so much because of all the moisture. You will have to use this with a light hand, maybe a quarter size for two sections. I didn't like how weighed down they were, I haven't used it since. But I'm willing to work with it and see if I can make it work for my curls.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

My hair is and has always been extremely dry. I bought this to try because I love almost all of Shea Moisture products. I didn't use as directed. The directions state to shampoo first then apply😬. I deep condition my hair before applying. The Extra Moisture Detangler did a great job detangling my hair. My hair super soft and after three days , it's still super shiny and moisturized. I can't believe it, I usually have to re-moisturize after day one. This product is now a staple product for me! If you have dry hair, I would definitely recommend trying this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is for dry and damaged hair and it contains sea kelp and argan oil. There is panthenol, but it is towards the end of the ingredient list. If you were unhappy with Kinky Curly Knot Today or didn't find it as moisturizing, this is a step up from that. It has the same consistency and look as KCKT as well. It is also light and doesn't leave any residue. It helps to smooth out my curls and has good slip. It has a pleasant smell to my nose and it isn't too overwhelming once it dries on my hair. I only needed to use a little bit at a time. It seems to absorb well. The only con I can say about it is that it is pretty pricey at $11.99 for an eight ounce bottle so check for sales and coupons.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No