Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Extra-Moisture Detangler

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So far I like this detangler not as good as my John Masters detangler, but it works. I found it works better on towel dried hair, rub it in really well and let it sit in for a moment before you began the process of detangling. I use my wet brush. When I let my hair air dry is was smooth and soft and didn't re-tangle. So far this is a keeper but definitely not my John Masters detangler. It's light weight and has a pleasant smell to it. The size is a decent size.

on 7/17/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am currently on my second bottle and first used it about two years ago. I mostly used it in the winter when my thick curly hair is dry and would use it as one of my leave in conditioners in combination with another more wet conditioner. I really like how it keeps my thick hair under control without altering its curl pattern.

on 6/20/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product saved my hair.

After a long battle with dryness on my naturally curly hair, I washed my hair with this and carefully detangled it. I think that the "detangler" part is not the most important trait of this product. If the "extra moisture" is what you're looking for, and that is where it delivers.

I left this product in my hair and then styled it in a top knot/bun. It has a similar consistency as Knot Today. It is much more oily, however. It will leave your hair much greasier. If you have problems with oiliness, then do not get this product.

Because my hair was in such an *extreme* state of dryness, this was exactly what I was looking for. I wore my hair in a bun for about three days with this product and water. After co washing with Tresemme Natural's moisture conditioner, I applied Knot Today and Kinky Curly to my hair. My hair is completely repaired, and I know that I have this product to thank for that.

I will use this as a co wash, and I will apply it to my hair on the nights before I wash my hair for added moisture. If I put my hair in a bun or do a protective style, then I will use this product. I won't use this for wearing my hair down because then it will be too greasy. However, for the health of my hair, this product is an HG!!!

on 10/27/2014 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I love Shea Moisture as a brand overall, especially their body products. I've been less impressed with their hair offerings, including this product. I didn't find that it did an outstanding job detangling, and basically left me feeling pretty much meh about its abilities. I have certainly used better detanglers.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I didn't care for this at all. I put this on one side of my hair and kckt on the other side and kckt allowed the tangles to easily be removed, but the sm detangler did not detangle my hair at all. It had no slip at all. It does smell nice. Not a repurchase for me.

on 7/2/2014 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! I've never heard of it or tried it before, but CVS was having a BOGO free sale so I was like what the heck, I'm gonna try whatever I can...plus it was supposed to be moisturizing as well so that automatically got my attention. I have 4c hair and I loved how my hair felt after putting it in my hair. My hair felt soft and definitely not tangled. I would definitely buy it again.

on 6/16/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I try to wait a few weeks before reviewing things, but I only lasted a week on this one. This stuff is fantastic. I was so iffy to try because it's more expensive than most SM products and a smaller bottle. It also looks like gel. Well... It definitely detangles and provides great moisture as a leave in. I bought 3 bottles at the CVS bogo sale haha. My hair is naturally dry and very thirsty, so I probably use more than a lot of people, but start out with a little and work your way up. The product dissolves into your hair, so be patient with it

on 5/27/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have low-porosity 3b/3c hair and when the label says "extra-moisture" detangler it REALLY means extra moisture! I used this product as a leave in, and it weighed down my curls so much because of all the moisture. You will have to use this with a light hand, maybe a quarter size for two sections. I didn't like how weighed down they were, I haven't used it since. But I'm willing to work with it and see if I can make it work for my curls.

on 5/1/2014 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

My hair is and has always been extremely dry. I bought this to try because I love almost all of Shea Moisture products. I didn't use as directed. The directions state to shampoo first then apply😬. I deep condition my hair before applying. The Extra Moisture Detangler did a great job detangling my hair. My hair super soft and after three days , it's still super shiny and moisturized. I can't believe it, I usually have to re-moisturize after day one. This product is now a staple product for me! If you have dry hair, I would definitely recommend trying this product.

on 4/26/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is for dry and damaged hair and it contains sea kelp and argan oil. There is panthenol, but it is towards the end of the ingredient list. If you were unhappy with Kinky Curly Knot Today or didn't find it as moisturizing, this is a step up from that. It has the same consistency and look as KCKT as well. It is also light and doesn't leave any residue. It helps to smooth out my curls and has good slip. It has a pleasant smell to my nose and it isn't too overwhelming once it dries on my hair. I only needed to use a little bit at a time. It seems to absorb well. The only con I can say about it is that it is pretty pricey at $11.99 for an eight ounce bottle so check for sales and coupons.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products