Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Great during winter super cute colors

on 1/26/2015 10:42:00 PM

Doesn't apply very well, quite drying. Plus it had this weird minty tingle/scent that I wasn't expecting.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love these lipsticks! I have the shades Watermelon, Plummy Rose, Golden Pink and Angelic Nude.

The very first thing that drew me into these lipsticks was the packaging - I saw them online and thought they were so cute and girly! I was excited when I got 4 of them as a gift. One thing I noticed right away was the minty smell, which I really love. Not many of the lipsticks in my collection have any kind of scent. Also, it gives you that cooling, minty feeling on your lips which is always awesome. On days when my lips were feeling very dry, I used to feel like I had to decide between wearing a lip balm to soothe my lips or suck it up and wear lipstick. With these, I don`t have to choose! They are SO moisturizing it's like having two products in one! I love that I can treat my dry lips and have fantastic looking colour all at the same time. Overall, I think this product is great and I will be purchasing more colours.

on 12/18/2014 6:02:00 AM

Bought Candy Red. No staying power at all, sank into my lips and disappeared. Color is pretty but formula is awful. Cardboard tube is even thinner than Stila's old cardboard tubes. I'll possibly try a Glamazon lipstick. I'm looking for a good quality long lasting opaque lipstick. Loved Gelato by Bare Minerals but they discontinued it.

on 10/27/2014 10:56:00 PM

I was playing with these at Ulta because the packaging was so pretty. When I picked up the Poppy shade, I tried it on and showed my mom who gave me the thumbs up. If your mom, who hates makeup, gives you the thumbs up on a lippie, then you're good. I didn't buy it immediately, hoping to find a similar shade in drugstore, but to no avail. I bought it today and it is the most fantastic shade on my skin and will really dress up my face through fall and winter when I have the blahs. It's perky without being overbearing and the texture is really nice, not waxy. I just hate that their is a minty oil in it. One reviewer said peppermint. Peppermint, menthol, it doesn't matter -- they dry out lips. So I'm hoping it doesn't become a problem because I LOVE the color.

on 10/26/2014 9:04:00 PM

Rating: 3.5 lippies for Poppy ($19 CAD).

Texture: I really like the creamy texture which has colour payoff on bare lips. You can sheer it out really easily with some lip balm. I even did a Korean ombre lips look with it by swiping on more coats on the center of my lips.

Colour: It's described as a warm red and it makes my NC30/35 skin seem brighter in comparison. In some lights it has a coral tone to it. It's more a summer/spring shade, but I love it so much, I want to keep wearing it through fall.

Now, I have to give it 3.5 lippies because it's described a moisturising lipstick, but it has peppermint oil in it! Peppermint oil is actually a skin irritant and can cause your lips to become more chapped and dry, which is the complete opposite of what a moisturizing lipstick is supposed to do. When I tested it at Sephora, there was no indication of peppermint oil in the lipstick, i.e., no tingliness, which only appeared when I tried on my new tube. It really puzzles me why Tarte would put peppermint oil in a moisturising lipstick and for that, I have to dock 1.5 lippies because it makes no sense at all.

on 8/1/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

these are so cute! they dont last long at all though haha. theyre very moisturizing and beautiful color but id rather just pay less and get a drug store lippie

on 4/25/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't heard very much about these lipsticks but I was scouring Ulta for an orangey-red lipstick and I came across this line.

I found the shade Poppy and purchased it based on the swatch. The color was perfect on my hand, red with a hint of orange and a very glossy, shiny looking finish. Luckily, that's exactly how it comes off on the lips as well and now I'm obsessed. I have gotten a few other colors, Tulip and Coral Blossom, which I love as well but Poppy remains my favorite (not just my favorite of this line but my favorite lipstick that I've EVER owned).

The formula of these is seriously great, they're extremely comfortable to wear. They are so lightweight that they feel more like a lip balm and are quite well pigmented. They are minty in smell and feel, exactly the same as the Tarte balm stains. I don't find that these last all day but with very light eating & drinking they last at least four hours on me, which is about average. I have chronically dry lips and these don't ever dry my lips out so wearing them even that long is a delight. Most lip products I wear, I end up wiping off and re-apply long before the four hour mark.

The packaging is absolutely adorable. Each one has a different floral design on the cardboard tube. I did worry that the tube being cardboard would allow them to dry out but they seal pretty airtight, there's a gratifying little *pop* when you pull the caps off. They're sturdy enough that I don't worry about it getting banged up in my purse or anything.

These are just... perfection. I will definitely be getting other shades.

Popular Lipsticks