July 29, 2014 | 2098 users online

Pressed Powders - Catrice - Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder Waterproof

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I just used this powder twice, and i'm already raving about it!!

I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin for reference. The best powder i came across so far was the Essence Loose powder (another inexpensive german brand). I'm not a big fan of pressed powders, because none of the ones i've tried reached my standards. I had already tried one from catrice, but was nothing special just an ordinary pressed powder, that didn't do much aside from mattifying my skin for a couple of hours, and gave me a very powdery look (not sexy). As for Rimmel Stay Matte, i don't like it either. Gives a very powdery finish, and it's not as effective as i thought.

I'm currently on accutane. So my skin is more on the normal to dry side. But because i use makeup, and i have to use more dewy products, i have to use some kind of powder to tone down the shine and so the makeup will last longer... Also, i've been having a problem with huge pores on my nose and apple cheeks. I avoid using primers because i don't want to put so much products on my skin, as it's treating itself from the acne.

Then i came across a review from this product, It claims to be mattifying, waterproof, and keeps skin moisturized at the same time (it's enreiched with vitamins A and E). But what really caught my eye was the before and after pictures: the pores almost disappeared and the skin looked photoshop! And with such an inexpensive product: 5,69 euros for 9grams.

It's translucent and it's a very fine powder, and the packaging is really fancy with a big mirror in it. I can put powder over a more mattifying foundation and it doesn't look powdery at all, which i find really fantastic. Gives a mattifying look, perfected and natural at the same time. The pores are barely visible and keeps shine at bay for a good amount of hours (although i didn't tested on my regular oily skin). Also, it didn't make my skin more dry, i feel very comfortable using it. This powder was all that I needed! Never going to buy another powder again! ;)

Whatever skin type that you have, it's just perfect!