Dove Purely Pampering Pistachio Cream with Magnolia Body Wash

4.3

on 8/30/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really loved using this body wash. It is harder to rinse off but at the same time it's less stripping than soaps and less "moisturizing" body washes. It contains some oil which interferes with the surfactant qualities of the wash while slightly moisturizing your skin. However, since most of the oils get rinsed off, I wouldn't rely on this as the sole source of skin moisturizer. The scent is very different from the soap of the same "purely pampering pistachio cream with magnolia'' attribute. The soap was almost pungent in its artificial floral aroma whereas the body wash started off with more pistachio scent and ends-while rinsing-with the floral fragrance. Sadly, the scent doesn't linger on my skin but it might on someone else since everyone' skin chemistry slightly differs. The texture of this product was very thick and creamy, while foaming less than average, which prompts you to use a bit more. I would use at least the size of three american quarters to get a good foam going with my salux towel. If not, I find it to be lacking in cushioning comfort that I've come to associate to other (mainly Japanese) body washes I use. The only lacking point of this product is its packaging. I've seen on Amazon some bottles with a pump but they're impossible to find in Canada, the largest ones of Dove Body Washes we have are 710mL and they all come with that unpractical top cap which is really hard to flip open with wet hands. I will probably finish one of my Japanese body washes first and pour this product in its convenient pump bottle.

on 7/2/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My favourite body wash at the moment, I have a bottle everywhere I can shower or have a bath. It's slightly thicker in consistency than your standard Dove and the scent is very captivating. The skin does feel nourished after using it, but I still use my body lotion. It feels and smells as a higher end body wash, the mix of magnolia and pistachio is original and unexpected. It tends to be out of stock very often, so I've bought several back ups and I hope it's going to stay on the shelves for a looong time :).

on 7/2/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love the scent

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have repurchased this body wash over and over again.... I'm on at least my 10th bottle. I never even get the desire to use anything else.

The smell is absolutely DIVINE. Slightly sweet, slightly nutty, slightly floral. It's very hard to describe and you have to smell it for yourself. I get complimented on how good I smell all the time when I'm freshly showered and not wearing perfume, lotion, etc. This never really happened before I started using this body wash. My boyfriend even loves using it on himself!

It cleanses your body and is highly moisturizing. Lathers very well. As far as packaging, it's very easy to use, I've never had a problem with the lid, and it's big you you get a lot of product and it lasts a long time.

on 6/23/2015 10:00:00 AM

Adore this stuff. Smell is slightly different than bar -- the cream is more nutty/almond-y, almost, but not quite (thank heaven) tobacco-y, with very delicate and lovely magnolia top. It is really moisturizing without leaving greasy residue on my skin, but as another reviewer pointed out, it doesn't completely get the deodorant residue out from underarms. Still, most soaps don't and can always make a couple of passes. I usually still use lotion after shower even with this, but when I've forgotten my skin felt fine. Price point is a little higher than your usual drugstore body washes, but it's often on sale and the quality is triple worth it. Love, love, love the stuff! Wish they'd make a lotion.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smells very nice and refreshing like a light powdery and floral scent together. It's not overly fragrant so you can still layer it with your favorite daily perfume. A truely unique scent.

on 6/9/2015 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

To me, this body wash smells more like almonds than pistachios. It's a sweet, creamy, nutty scent that reminds me of gelato and honestly makes me a little hungry (as weird as that is to say about a body product!) It's a great, comforting scent for the fall/winter, and the magnolia keeps it from smelling TOO sugary-sweet.

This does an excellent job of moisturizing my skin (not quite as good as my favorite drugstore body wash, St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter, but pretty close). It doesn't lather very much or leave your skin with a "squeaky clean" feeling, but I'd say that's true of a lot of Dove products... great at providing moisture, but they tend to leave behind some residue.

I don't find that the scent lasts terribly long on me. It doesn't disappear immediately, but it's gone within probably an hour of showering, which is a little disappointing. Still, I love this body wash and will be repurchasing it when I run out.

on 5/27/2015 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After getting a sample of this I KNEW I wanted the full size. I've tried other Dove soaps and body washes, but this is my favorite by far. The smell is like pistachio pudding, if you've ever had it, and a little more of the magnolia than the actual pistachio cream. But they compliment each other so well. Also, I love a body wash that lathers, sometimes I use this instead of my regular shaving cream, because it lathers so well. It does moisturize, but I have pretty dry skin right now, but this could also be because I just moved to a new area with higher elevation, but I still like to put a lotion on afterwards, but not nearly as much as I do without the body wash. The smell is light and amazing, it lasts, for me, about 2-3 hours on the skin. The packaging is wonderful, easy to grip. But next time I think I might try the barred soap, I tend to use those more than regular wash. But overall an amazing body wash if your skin is in need of some moisture.

on 5/10/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Smells divine, but doesn't remove the deodorant from my underarms. I need to feel clean. The bottle said said softer skin in one shower so the formula has been changed now its too greasy.

on 4/7/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells like an amazing dessert and the scent has longevity on my skin, however I don't smell Mongolia or pistachios. It is creamy and definitely more foodie than other Dove body washes. It leaves my skin clean and feeling soft. I don't get any breakouts from it and to me it's perfect for spring.