July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Fragrances - Viktor & Rolf - Bonbon EdP

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Frankly, it isn't anything special, it is a sweet, vaguely interesting perfumeI find it synthetic, not a winner for me, especially not at that outrageous price!! Viktor and Rolf are counting on the cute bottle to sell a generic sugary juice!
If you are looking for a cute gift for a 16 year old l this might do it! If you can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome! I hated Flowerbomb, so I was not expecting great things from this new perfume but WOW! It's just amazing. Goes on sweet but with a citrus tang. Dries down to a sweet floral scent that is just heavenly. No headaches at all with this one, and it is not overpowering. A definite must-have, I'm glad I bought it and will buy again. It's a go-to scent for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After the ultra-bombastic Flowerbomb, I was expecting something equally sensationally original from V&R but Bonbon is definitely not it. Not at all. To me, this smells like a thousand other unimaginative frags contained, unfortunately, in a vulgarly overdone bottle. No class at all. As soon as I post this, I am going to scrub off what I applied from a "Vogue" scent strip and lavishly spray on the incomparable "Flowerbomb".

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by honeychild79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been antcipating Bonbon's release ever since I heard about it. Since I am a sucker for super sweet scents I knew this would be right up my alley. I bought a deluxe sample size off eBay because the full size price is outrageously expensive. I like it but I didn't fall head over heels for it like I thought I would. It's sweet, but not super sweet. It has hints of caramel, lemon & wood mixed with my body chemistry. I'm not sure if I like it enough to pull the trigger for the full size version.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just smelled this on a scent strip in Allure. It is a very sweet caramel and brown sugar scent. It is so lovely, I'm going to buy it today !! How nice to find a new scent that smells good like a woman should smell. I'm a bit sick of Bergamot and citrus as top.notes. They remind me of fabric softener sheets or colognes for men. Bonbon lasted all day. I kept sniffing my wrist. Yummy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a little contest going on with myself to find the sweetest scent ever. Not counting Pink Sugar because we all know that is the sweetest scent known to mankind. Up for competition of Viktor & Rolfs Bon Bon, Lancomes La vie est belle, Prad's Candy and Brittney Spears Fantasy. Bon Bon is first up for review and it's a winner. Luscious, deep dark caramel that smells so entirely realistic. It lingers throughout the duration of the scent. I love it. A few hours later the flowers start to emerge. The jasmine are orange flowers. I went to the copy room to make some copies just now and went back to make more and i noticed a beautiful scent of oranges in the air. It had to be the orange flower in Bon Bon. I also noticed other flowers too....like the jasmine. I have not noticed any woods yet though. Bon Bon isnt a woods fragrance though. It's supposed to be a rich caramel candy scent. I've read a lot of reviews comparing it to Flowerbomb. I dont get the comparison in any way. Bon Bon stands by itself as an awesome scent. Bon Bon isnt sickly sweet either so i dont know if its going to win my contest but it is sweet. Sweet and wonderful. Oh, one more thing. The bottle is totally cool but it's a lot bigger than it looks and you need big hands to get your hands around it to spray it. It fits the perfume perfectly. Next up for review is Prada's Candy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I was REALLY excited for this scent because it has all the features of my favorite fragrances: sweet, sweet, and sweet. Bonbon is definitely not an inventive scent; it lies on the same ground as La Vie Est Belle, Prada Candy, and Jessica Simpson Fancy. It is similar to Flowerbomb, but much more gourmand. I get plenty of caramel and peach on my skin. I was disappointed that the perfume is quite linear; I anticipated a more sultry scent from V&R. Decent sillage and longevity, not too cloying. I first heard this compared to B&BW Twilight Woods and I have to say I understand the comparison. Bonbon is sweet and girly and fun, but the V&R price point just isn't acceptable for a scent this common. I definitely enjoy wearing it, but wouldn't pay full price for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ShellyMum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

I found Bonbon to be very tame compared to Flowerbomb. Due to the name and the way Flowerbomb smells, I was expecting it to be a big loud sweet scent, but instead found it to be less sweet than Flowerbomb and also not very big on sillage or staying power. It is certainly not sickly sweet like Pink Sugar (even though I love PS occasionally). I think the comparisons I am reading to Prada Candy are because they are both more subdued sweet scents (although not similar at all in smell). They are both the kind of scent you could wear anywhere and not worry about offending anyone. I wouldn't buy this for myself due to the lack of sillage and staying power on my skin, but would wear this easy going pleasant scent if it was given to me as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Songbird1967

My husband is a fan of the sweeter scents so clearly my inclination is to please him since he is the closest receptor. I like this just fine but I fear the staying power for me is not good. I don't care to reapply throughout the day so the jury in somewhat still out on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bonbon was launched in spring 2014 as Eau de Parfum.
Notes that are listed:
Top: Mandarin, Peach and Orange
Middle Notes: Caramel, Orange Blossom, Jasmine
Base: Sandalwood, Cedar, Guajacwood, Amber
My first impression upon spraying was a sweetness from the peach and the jasmine, and then soft caramel and the guajacwood. After 2-3 hours the dry down is a peachy caramel. I don't get much amber in Bonbon. I find Bonbon noticeably different from other "candyish" offerings like Aquolina's Pink Sugar or even Prada's Candy. There is more fruit in this concoction and to me this makes Bonbon a bit more interesting than those latter two - and especially the peach and cedar notes keep the fragrance from being too plain and sweet. Nevertheless, Bonbon is undoubtedly still a straight gourmand fragrance. Lasting power is good, I can still smell it close to my skin the next morning when I put it on at bedtime. Prada's Candy did not last on my skin more than 2 hours. Bonbon is a very cozy fragrance, and so far I have enjoyed wearing it on weekends and evenings. I received it as a gift, and I am quite happy to have it in my collection, but I own more than a few fragrances that I use in rotation so I will see how soon I will finish my bottle. At that point I will see if I will repurchase, but for now I indicated that I will. I have to say that I find Bonbon quite pricey for what it is. For me, Bonbon is unlikely to become my signature fragrance, but I have a few cozy scents that I like keeping around, so this may stay in my collection even beyond this first gifted bottle.
The Bonbon spray bottle is a pink/red bonbon shaped glass container with a spray nozzle. Besides a bonbon, to me it also has some resemblance to a butterfly - see the stock photo I uploaded. Perfume packaging is important to me and in that regard, Bonbon's bottle did not do much for me, but it is functional so I suppose at least it will not deter me from rebuying. 1.7oz/50ml is priced at $115, 3 oz/90ml $165. There are also a 6.7oz/200ml Shower Gel for $45 and a matching Body Lotion for $50.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No