Viktor & Rolf Bonbon EdP

3.4

I have to admit I was on the fence about this perfume, especially because it costs a fortune. I've never smelled FlowerBomb by Viktor&Rolf, which seems to be a popular fragrance. I read so many reviews on this perfume before I decided to purchase a bottle. The reviews seemed to be very split down the middle. With all that being said, here's my review.

What I look for in a perfume, is simply a smell that makes me smile when I wear it. Usually it falls under the category of sweet, sometimes gourmand fragrances. When I first sprayed this, I fell in love. It's a sweet, but not a boring scent by any means. First, I smell a big bunch of delicious caramels, secondly, a little peach, and lastly, just a touch of woodiness (maybe sandalwood), that gives it depth, keeping it from being too linear of a scent. On my skin, it smells incredible, and is exactly what I was looking for in a scent. It may even be my signature scent. It makes me happy and I smile when I smell it, so that's enough for me. I will be purchasing a full size bottle soon! :)

on 12/11/2014 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this, it's sweet, but gorgeous! My hubby also loves it, just try it first before buying! I wore it to work and could smell it all day, it made me feel good, I actually prefer it to flower bomb which I also own! Definitely a favourite in my collection!

on 12/2/2014 4:02:00 AM

I love this fragrance! The bottle and packaging is adorable (a little pricey but I got over it) Smelt very different on me to what it did on my friend. She was wearing it quite some time before I tried it. On her it stayed very sweet - caramely.. Bubblegumy which made me stay away. I finally tried it and it totally changed. I instantly smelt a floral musk. Definitely still sweet but a lot more floral. This is one of those time you really need to try it on I think. It is definitely my new signature fragrance

on 11/24/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bonbon will probably not leave its smell in the history of modern parfumerie. Donít expect the uniqueness of a No. 5 or the classicism of Annick Goutalís creations. Nevertheless, the creators did their homework as Bonbon is harmonious and develops agreeably. Not really innovative, but fill a gap in the candy department. The well-advised nose may consider adding Viktor & Rolfís last eau de parfum to its wardrobe, for these playful days and nights.

Of course, you have to like sweet smells, as Bonbon opens with a strong statement made of such notes, which remain present all along. Yet, quickly, it evolves into a more discrete and sensual experience. The lasting power is impressive and the end notes caress like powder sliding on the skin. This final impression is not without reminding of Loulou (a favorite of mine), but in far more subtle way.

I am quite happy with my purchase, even though Bonbon is overpriced for what it offers. Without a set including the eau de parfum, a small body lotion and shower gel, an extra gift containing a miniature, plenty of samples, and $10 off, I am not sure I would have bought it.

Terrible, tacky bottle.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this perfume! It is warm, sweet, and sugary with a strong vanilla scent when it dries down. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 10/17/2014 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This must be a joke. I do like sweet perfumes - the original Lolita Lempicka is my signature after all - but this..!? All I can smells is sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar and more sugar with a hint of synthetic peach. Just artificial vague sweetness - and potent too! - but no artistry whatsoever. I found the packaging laughable - and not in a good way - as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only thing I like about this perfume is the packaging and cute ad with the hot pink bows. That is ALL. I excitedly received a bottle and almost felt like throwing up once I smelled it. I tried it a few times and never liked it. It smelled like sugary oranges gone rancid. I couldn't quite explain it. I love many gourmand scents and have a high tolerance for even cheap ones laden with alcohol. I never had a sweet perfume make me gag. Pass up on this one and save your money unless you want a glass-shaped bow looking pretty on your bathroom counter and nothing more. "Flowerbomb" is sweet yet more gorgeous than this.

on 8/25/2014 7:20:00 PM

Hated this-so cloyingly sweet it made me want to vom. Of course the sillage was crazy strong. The bottle and the commercial are cute, though. If I am feeling like something sweet I'll just go with Angel.

on 8/25/2014 7:04:00 PM

I bought this parfume kind of on a whim a few days ago. I thought it smelled very yummy and bottle was cute. I like sweet parfumes, but not sure how this one is wearing on me...My husband says he likes it a lot. Not sure how sopisticated it is, but I do like that it is warm, sweet and staying power is good. I guess I will give it some time.

on 6/30/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Frankly, it isn't anything special, it is a sweet, vaguely interesting perfumeI find it synthetic, not a winner for me, especially not at that outrageous price!! Viktor and Rolf are counting on the cute bottle to sell a generic sugary juice!
If you are looking for a cute gift for a 16 year old l this might do it! If you can afford it.

Popular Fragrances