October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Primer/ Corrector - NARS - Pro-Prime Instant Line and Pore Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by halinadelgadillo

After watching the Nars Youtube Channel, I thought I would be completely in love with Pro-Prime Instant Line and Pore Perfector; I was mistaken. About the product itself, there are no harsh odors, no pigments, just a product that looks like clear wax.

First, my reaction was how small the product is. 0.5 ounce tube is not exactly what I would expect from a $30 (with tax) product. The overall price for this product is too high. The packaging itself caught my attention. The box looks like it was made from recycled material and that definitely was a factor in getting this product. That may seem a little strange but, hey that's what caught me.

Second, Nars' Youtube account goes into detail about it can be used over or under make-up to smooth out those fine line and wrinkles, wrong. I tried it over my make up and all it did was move around my make-up and, if this make sense, take the product I had on my face away. Nars also says that it can be used as a quick fix, but with someone with combination skin, generally on the oily side, this was not the case. Using this over your make-up through out the day only adds to the feeling that your skin in insanely oily. Overall, if you have oily skin, I would stay away from this product.

In conclusion, this product is definitely a forfeit. It is not worth the price for the small amount of product you are getting. You can get the same results from a much larger and better tube of primer. As for me, I will be returning this product. I don't recommend this product for those who have combination or oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I only use it underneath my undereye area, so the product tends to last quite a long time for me.

I tend to have rough under eye skin and am genetically predisposed to under eye circles. I use this before applying my tinted moisturizer (nars), mac prep+prome highlighter and then mac select cover up concealer.

My under eye area looks smooth and my concealer lasts longer too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just meh for me. Like so many other primers I've tried, it's better than no primer but not worth repurchasing. It does instantly reduce the look of my pores and mattifies the skin, but the effects definitely don't last - within a few hours I'm shiny and my pores are as apparent as ever. I tried this with several foundations and always got the same results, so I'm still on the hunt for a truly effective pore-perfecting primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by mochi812

Ok so I heard about this product again from YouTube. But it's really just too expensive! The stick is the same size as the nars concealer but I do not use it as little as the concealer. In order for me to get the prime I need for my foundation I need to do a large area. With that said, the formula is great and does what it claims to do- reduce pores and lines instantly. The price is just too ridiculous

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Kiwipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had to return this product because it was just too pricey and didn't perform as well as the price would suggest. This costs $32 CAD at Sephora. Now, don't get me wrong, the product itself is okay. It does what it says it will. It smooths out pores and lines providing a nice base for foundation. The fact that it's in stick form means it can be easily used for touch ups on the go, and even can be used on your lips to smooth out those lines (as I was told by the sales associate).

My main problem with this product is that you're getting so little product (0.05 oz to be exact) and by comparison, Benefit's POREfessional costs $37 CAD and comes with 0.75 oz of product AND it does a better job at hiding pores, imo.

Please check out my full review here: