February 28, 2015 | 1527 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2015 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cakesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a love/hate relationship with this. First off, the packaging is terrible! It is so liquidy and leaks like crazy inside the cap. Even just keeping it on my countertop, I find that I'm cleaning up messes regularly around the nozzle. And absolutely don't even think about throwing it in your purse or something.

The coverage is too light for me. It evens out my skin a bit for sure, but it doesn't do a whole lot to cover my redness, and doesn't do much at all for my age spots. The texture is a little streaky, so it can be tricky, but I'm getting better at application. Th staying power is not very good. By the end of the day when I remove my makeup, there's almost none of this left.

However! I have recently been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis, and this is the only product I have found that will allow me to wear SOME foundaton without turning me into a scaley mess or causing pain and irritation. For that I am so happy. The finish is pretty nice too, it's not drying, but it doesn't look greasy.

Now I've just got to find some way to put it in a smaller container or something so I can bring it with me, because it definitely requires touch ups, and the packaging being such a bummer, you'd lose half the product to spillage if you keep it in your purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2015 12:22:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was so highly raved about by the YT community but this wasn't what I had expected.

Packaging comes in a dropper form, which I don't really appreciate because it is very hard to control how much you need. I wish it came in a pump which would make everyone's lives so much more easier.

I only bought this because of its claims and the fact that it is a serum foundation. It was expensive, costed around 55 dollars in my country. I did not buy the brush because it was too heck expensive!!

I applied this with a beauty blender and I find that it looks more flawless as compared to applying it with a brush. It offers light-medium coverage. If your skin has a lot of bad acne scars and redness (like mine), you will find that you need to keep applying another layer to get more coverage. One thing to note: please DON'T apply too many layers as it will look extremely cakey once it sets!!!

I wouldn't say this foundation is bad, but I can only say this is definitely not for oily skin types (i have oily skin esp at t zone area). Within 4 hrs you can expect yourself looking shiny and this is the kind of foundation you know you need a pressed powder with you in order to touch up.

I haven't used this long enough to see whether their claims of having better skin overtime, but I didn't have any bad major breakouts either. I would see this to be something that can be used on dry skin types instead. They would definitely benefit a lot more better than oily skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2015 10:36:00 PM More reviews by nicole112883

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this so much, you cannot tell whatsoever that you're wearing a foundation yet the coverage is great and super buildable. I can't bring myself to give this 5 stars because I have very oily skin so my this tends to get really oily. however, it goes on so well and looks so great that I'm willing to give it a shot. this would be amazing for women with dry skin. I've been using revlon colorstay for about 10 years because in couldn't find something as good imo and I think I've finally found it with this. Amazing foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2015 11:47:00 AM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying I LOVE bare minerals. Completely changed my makeup game. I typically use their original powder foundation and love it but wanted a liquid for my skin during the winter.

I purchased the brush with the foundation, but only bought the brush bc I had a $10 off coupon on my FAB card. I had one of the artists show me how to properly apply it.

The consistency is pretty runny which translates into lots of buffing for me to not have weird smears. Sometimes the foundation completely wipes off if I keep buffing to even it out. I usually just go back over with my fingers to smooth it out...though I hate touching my face.

Another caveat to the texture is that it slides around on my face if I happen to touch my face. :(

Coverage: looks beautiful until I realize it's showing every crease, dry patch and imperfection. I make sure to exfoliate regularly, use my Clarisonic when I'm not exfoliating, and I even use L'Occitane's 25% shea butter moisturizer to combat dry spots...which are non-existent until I put on this foundation.

I want to love this foundation. I spent enough money on it (can't return bc I moved to a city that doesn't have a bare minerals boutique, which is where I purchased it.)

Any tips, recommendations would be GREAT!! xoxo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2015 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mnprevo

I was excited to try this so I bought myself shade "Bare Ivory". The color matched me absolutely perfect. It was great. The coverage is there but the staying power isn't there at all even when I moisturize and prime. I'm bummed bc it's super lightweight, gives great coverage, I liked the packaging and it didn't have a bad scent to it. I just really wish it didn't cause my skin to look flakey and awful. Seriously whaa :( I really wanted to like this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 4:34:00 PM More reviews by marialepe

I really like this foundation because it is also a serum and my skin feels good when I wear it; the coverage is good if you wear a few more drops than is recommended on the box it comes in. I have very normal skin in terms of breakouts and blemishes so I don't have a lot to cover up. I mostly wear foundation to cover my uneven skin tone and this foundation works for that. The foundation is a little bit oily on my skin, but I wear translucent powder that diminishes the shine. I highly recommend this product for people who want light to medium coverage and for those who want foundation without all the harsh chemicals that most foundations carry. I did not buy the brush, as it seems like a waste of money, I use my fingers. The price was pretty high but I used an ULTA coupon and only paid $19 plus tax, which was a good deal because the regular price was $29.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2015 5:43:00 AM More reviews by jennyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been a heavy coverage girl, I don't know exactly why, but I just like. I don't have bad skin, just a few blemishes here and there, I wanted to try something more natural, sheer and lightweight as my skin was suffering from a recent MAC disaster breakout from Pro longwear and Studio fix. I have tried Benefits Oxygen wow and it was it was crap, so I found myself here.

Packaging- People either love or hate the packing, personally I think the packing is great, its a fresh way having your liquid foundation stored as appose to the normal glass bottle. With this foundation you won't see me screaming 'nooooooooo' in slow moo when I accidentally drop the bottle on my carpet or indeed any floor. I simply just think 'oops' and pick up, no mess, no problem. I also like how the bottle's colour reflects and what shade you get. Its not see through either. So you don't have to stare at a half empty bottle when you've been using it for a while. I like how the bottle is a sturdy plastic but you still squeeze it easily enough even when you're half asleep in the morning. The non drip cap is great, and the whole design together allows you to stop wasting product, I'm sure many of you have pumped a bottle before and have said 'oh crap i pumped to much out' this is not the case with this design, its a refreshing different ish way compared to normal foundation bottles.

Formula- The formula is thin, and rather runny, but I don't have anything against that. This means a little goes a long way, again making your money go further. As far as the shaking goes I think its great!! I would rather shake the shit out of this little thing than have any clogging chemicals that would usually do the job of mixing the foundation for me, on my skin.

Wear/Feel- This foundation is light, easy to apply, whether your prefer to uses brushes or your fingers, or even a beauty blender, though I think a flat brush is best. It goes on smoothly and covers my blemishes well, I was happily surprised. 1-2 drops is light coverage 3-4 drops is medium coverage and 5-6 is full coverage. I do agree that this foundation is more of a sheer-medium coverage which remember I am not keen on. But this foundation has completely changed that, I now love the look of sheer coverage, but if I feel a bit off I can put more on, fab! It doesn't cover my blemishes overally well but it still does cover them, this foundation is best used as a sheer-medium coverage foundation. This foundation is like a custom made foundation you can pick your coverage!. When you apply this make sure you build it up if you want mega coverage, don't slap 5-6 drops on at once, start with 2 or 3 then add more once you have applied the first layer. Then make sure you buff it very well, that's the key with this foundation, buffing!!

The lady at the counter who was lovely had no doubt given me the best service I have ever received at a makeup counter. I was given a sample of the mineral foundation the original I believe. The lady said I could wear that on top of my foundation, as a sort setting agent and I tried and it looks fab!!! Its a dewy finish which again I didn't usually like, I was a matte finish girl but I have been converted. I have dry combination skin, and if I do forget to moisturize then the foundation does settle in my dry areas, but again I think any foundation would do that, that's so far the only bad things I have noticed, but its partly my fault anyway for forgetting to moisturize.However when I do moisturise my skin looks amazing!! It doesn't last very well but I am working on that, check my updates at the bottom!

Price- £26.00 in the UK which I happy to pay for, I don't mind spending more money on foundation as its going to be on my face for a hell of a lot of time.

Brush or no brush?- I actually went ahead and purchased the brush with the foundation, because, well why not? (I do what I want) Again everyone either likes it or hates it. I LOVE this brush, I call it the bucket brush. It goes well with how the foundation is dispensed. Blends very well and the bristles are soft. The only couple of things I would say are...
It tends to get clogged easily when you have been apply a few layers
Its a little small
When you buy the foundation and brush together there is no deal? Like come on?!

However I was still happy to pay the £24 for the brush as it works pretty well. I also found that it works pretty well with other foundations. Just pop some on your face with your finger and use the brush to buff it in. Its a great brush and if I lost it or whatever I would happily repurchase it. Its now a brush I use every day, however if you cant justify spending £50 for both things then the brush is NOT necessary. The real techniques buffing brush works pretty damn well also. However I do think the bucket brush works better.

Summary- I just cant wait try it out in the summer!!! This foundation has changed the way I wear foundation and how I like it too look all together. I would deffo repurchase this foundation, however will still be getting Clinique perfectly real, for going out at night, or a photo shoot. With that comment I do think this foundation is best suited to girls who love light coverage who don't have any major breakouts! Hope this helps :)

General update- 18th/02/15 Finding it hard to set this foundation how I usually would with other foundations. I have brought some translucent powder, and a setting spray. I'll test it out with those and let you know!

Update- 19th/02/15 The setting powder and setting sprays I brought have worked!!! Here is what I do...

Apply foundation, bronzer etc as normal but not mascara!
Apply MAC Transparent Setting Powder
Apply Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray- Makes it last longer
Apply Urban Decay De-slick setting spray- Takes away shine
Apply Mascara
And there you go! Healthy foundation that lasts :)

Check out my photo!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2015 4:45:00 AM More reviews by LacedLips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I'm matched to number 12. I've experimented with using just fingers, sponge and brush. I tried using with or without primer.

I've noticed that when it's a warm/hot day this foundation will crease and show each line and dry patch on your face. Even when I've powdered, used a primer or blotted. Since I do have oily skin I believe it also plays a major factor. It would move around the product.

But there have been times where my skin looked so flawless and matte. I think it all comes down too how oily my skin is that day and the weather.

This foundation is suited for oily skin on a winters day. And you don't want to be wearing it more than 3-4 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2015 2:11:00 AM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first liquid foundation I've ever used. I use to use their powder foundation or everyday minerals foundation. My recommendation would be, take the cap off, stick your finger over the hole where to foundation comes out, and shake it like crazy to mix it up well. I then stick two drop of the foundation on the brush I bought with it, and I begin to dot my face. Forehead, cheeks, chin, and then nose. I buff buff buff buff until I get some nice coverage. I add one more drop to the brush and use a little more under my eyes and in any red spots/pimples I may have. To me, everything looks covered, natural, and doesn't feel heavy. I think a lot of people may have problems using too much of this product and may not be buffing it out as much as they should. A little goes a long way. Another way I use this if I'm in a rush. I squirt some face lotion with spf in the palm of my hand and I add two drops of the foundation (I shake it up first) mix it together and rub it on my face. I guess it's more like a tinted moisturizer that way. But it still gives me pretty good coverage. I use a little bronzer, blush, and finishing powder, and I'm done with my makeup a lot quicker this way and happy with the coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2015 4:56:00 PM More reviews by janee346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really excited about this, it seemed really promising. However, it ended up breaking me out. I liked the finish and it felt extremely lightweight on my skin, which I love. I felt like it took more than the recommended drops to actually give me any visible coverage though. I didn't buy the brush because I found the two to be expensive, even just on their own. The color selection was really nice and I felt like it matched me really well. I don't think it did much for oil control though. Even if this didn't break me out, I don't think I would go back to it.