Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 8/20/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I didn't like this foundation until I went back to Sephora where I bought it originally and had my skin matched to the color of foundation I needed. I exchanged the color I purchased for the correct color and haven't looked back! I did buy the brush with the well in the center to apply it. I only need one drop for each side of my face then if I have extra redness, another drop. That' s it - max 3 drops per day. I have used BM powder foundation for years, and at 50 decided that maybe a liquid would look better and not settle so much in my fine lines and wrinkles. This foundation has improved the look of my skin. I don't know what it is but even after I take it off, my skin looks more even and my complexion is better. I do find that the "dropper" end gets kind of gunky and sometimes more than one drop comes out, that's irritating but not a show stopper. You must shake it well before applying. I think I might get another bottle so I have back up because the bottle is tinted and you can't really tell how much is left. I love it that much, don't want to run out :)

on 8/19/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received two large samples of this foundation and was able to use it for nearly 2 weeks. This foundation is very watery which is probably why they add serum to the name. It applies to the skin and feels as though you are not wearing anything on your face. Initially it looks good and gives you a healthy glow, but the healthy glow turned into a greasy/oily look a couple of hours into wearing the foundation. I wouldn't purchase for this reason. Who knows maybe if I switched up my primer and moisturizer I could make it work, but I am not willing to go through all of that to purchase a full size of this foundation. I will stick with UD Naked Foundation.

on 8/15/2015 7:16:00 PM

It's so good for my face and it make you think like theirs nothing in my face

on 8/15/2015 12:03:00 AM

I have combination Asian skin. Pushing 40, I do have freckles and sunspots around my cheekbone and eye areas. I wore mineral powder foundation for years, but last year, I decided to go the liquid route to address afternoon dry skin issues - tried a bunch of BB's, CC's, liquids.

I did NOT like this product the first week. As I tried to buff in the product on my skin, which had been primed with bareMinerals Prime Time Original primer, I could see swirls for a long time, even with the recommended "2-drop" amount. Lots of work for fairly light coverage. Felt greasy after 2 hrs even with finishing powder, blotting all day and blush and eyebrows gone by afternoon. Ick.

*However* there was this amazing inner glow thing happening once the product settled in after application (I got comments everywhere I went). And after a week, my skin texture improved overall, dryness and all. So I kept playing with it, and have been really happy with the results for the past 10 mths.

I use a mattifying primer (currently Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfection), use product super sparingly (usually no more than one drop), generously dust with finishing powder. I need a small amount of liquid concealer for undereye, dark spots before the finishing powder. With this process, I have foundation and makeup which last all day, with maybe one blotting session.

I love that there are so many shades - I went back for a better color match (switched from yellow undertone to pink, made a huge difference). A bit pricey, but definitely worth a go, and a little goes a long way (although I lose a lot of product, with frequent air pressure pushing a bunch of product out the spout after the required vigorous shaking...wish that didn't happen). IMHO the brush is a waste of money, my $8 realTechniques buffing brush does a grand job.

BTW this foundation is super unforgiving to skin that is not taken care of. Exfoliate, moisturize, use primer on larger pores...stuff we should be doing anyway, but just know that this foundation is great at diffusing natural skin flaws but accentuates less than good skin maintenance.

This foundation is OK. When I first got matched at the Bare counter, the lady helping me made sure it blended into my skin beautifully after I told her I have a hard time getting color matched due to my yellow/olive undertone. She applied the foundation with a special brush that is made for applying this foundation, set and bronzed. It looked beautiful! So I asked for a sample, minus the special brush (it's sold separately from the foundation, not as a combo package) Basically, I've tried it with and without primer and/or moisturizer and the coverage it awesome in my opinion . Build able in the areas where you need more coverage. The only down side I see to the foundation is it makes my face extremely oily. I have to blot atleast 2-3times throughout the day. Even after touching up with powder. Pros: Great coverage, feels very light, applies smoothly even without the special brush Cons: Make my face extremely oily, sets in fine lines, sometimes feels like the foundation never really dries and can be wiped off easily just by accidentally touching your face. It's okay, but I probably wouldn't buy.

on 8/14/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. The coverage is minimal but somewhat build-able. I apply it with a moist beauty blender. It melts in beautifully and looks just like skin but more perfect and prettier. I use the pressed foundation by bare minerals and the hydrating veil over it to set it. My skin looks flawless and pretty without looking like I wear a ton of make up.

on 7/30/2015 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was given a sample of this foundation to try at Mecca. Initially after reading comments on here, I was a little skeptical about how well it would work on my skin. For reference, my skin is combination/ oily. I also have hormonal pigmentation marks on my cheeks and a couple of acne scars. I use Dermalogica's Oil Free Matte SPF30 in place of a moisturiser.

In the sample pot I was given, I gave the foundation a stir with a Q-tip before applying it to my face with a Real Techiques buffing brush. I used a tiny fraction of how much foundation I would normally use and I was completely blown away by the amazing coverage. I am not a makeup artist but it took me just a couple of minutes to get a wonderful, airbrushed look. I left the foundation unpowdered while I worked on my brows and then I patted on some MAC loose powder with a brush to set.

I've been checking my foundation every 30 minutes to make sure that it is still intact - and it is! My makeup went on at 7am this morning and I've only had to blot once at about 1pm. I am so impressed with this foundation. It offers amazing, buildable coverage, is very affordable compared to Dior which is what I have been using, and the quality is superb. With any other foundation, I can see it sinking into the pores on my nose but not with this! I have just bought the starter kit which comes with a 15ml bottle of the bareskin foundation, full size Perfecting brush and a small Perfective Veil compact.If it continues to give me this result, I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 7/10/2015 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have perfectly even textured skin, I'm sure this foundation would look beautiful. It feels very light, provides nice even coverage and lasts quite a while. Unfortunately I have dry, flaky skin and with inflammatory acne and this foundation is my worst nightmare. It clings to dry patches, settles in creases, and enhances large pores. Application is also very inconvenient. This isn't a product you can throw in your bag and reapply later when you need it. You must use a primer, apply with a buffing brush and set with powder or it looks terrible.

I've been using this bareminerals foundation for a good year now and I love it! It does go on kind of messy but it's not a big deal. I would not recommend this product to people with fairly light sensitive skin mainly because even the lightest color they have is still kinda dark. I bought the bare linen one and it does go on my fair skin kind of darker than my natural color but I blend it with my light Revlon colorstay foundation and it goes on more nicely. All in all a great product with a great price.

on 6/19/2015 11:28:00 AM

Seriously, this stuff is awesome. I hear a lot of people complain about it being oily, but I lean more toward the dry skin end of the spectrum so I haven't really run into that problem. I find you get the best results when you apply with some sort of flat top kabuki brush (doesn't have to be the recommended brush from Bareminerals). And use a good primer underneath beforehand. Also if you tend to get oily I would apply a small amount of translucent setting powder over the foundation to keep it more matte. The foundation goes on feeling tad oily, definitely feels like a serum, but once it sets, it dries to a very natural finish. Coming from a person who tends to fall asleep in makeup fairly often, I'm thankful that this doesn't have a lot of yucky ingredients that most other liquid foundations do. Hasn't broken me out at all. Give it a try!! A little bit goes a long way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials