November 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A friend recommended this to me (saspants) and her advice was exactly what I needed. I purchased (online) Bare Linen 3 which is a neutral light shade. Her advice to me was shake, extremely well, and shake between applying drops to the brush. It takes 4 drops to give me the coverage I want, and I apply 2 drops to my Sonia Kashuk flat top foundation brush, then once more. Downside on the shakey-shake, sometimes the mixing ball obscures the dropper opening. Now I give it a couple firm taps on the bottom to settle the ball. Yeah, I think it's worth it. The finish is beautiful, soft and velvety, and lasts all day on my skin and doesn't age me. Best of all, it is weightless, and covers my pores. While I am not a big fan of many of BE's products, I am of this one! I would recommend this if you are not very dry, or very oily,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I bought this foundation because of the minimal ingredients and I'm so glad it works well on my sensitive combination skin. Bareskin doesn't break me out, and doesn't aggravate any dry/eczema patches. I use 3-4 drops with the Eco-tools custom buffing brush, and the finish is really natural. It fades evenly after 4 hours without setting powder. With 3-4 drops I get a light medium coverage. I wouldn't recommend building his foundation up to full coverage because I found that if I use more than 5-6 drops, the foundation starts to look very obvious, and it seems to wear off kind of blotchy. I like everything about this foundation except it transfers like crazy. The bottle is OK, but half the time an air bubble will cause the product to spill out, so a lot of it goes to waste (though I never heard anyone else have this problem). Will consider repurchasing.

* I would not recommend to those who have VERY dry or oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Pineappleapryl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation thinking that it would be good for my sensitive skin. Turns out I may be allergic to it or just super sensitive to it. My eyes are all puffy and my skin is peeling from using it.

Aside from my skin's reaction, which could happen with any foundation that my skin doesn't agree with, I still am not fond of this foundation.

I feel that it supplies minimal coverage, just sits on top of my skin, and can't later well for better coverage. Also, it seems tO make any skin dryness or fine lines stand out WAY more. I use way less foundation with other brands and get better coverage and look healthier. I've used primer and it still doesn't last long, and it gets wiped off super easily. Also, I don't like the feel of it and I feel that it adds no moisture to my skin at all, which I was hoping for. The color match is perfect, but that's about it.

I bought MAC mineralize and love it and it's about the same price. I wish I hadn't ever wasted my money on this foundation. Such a bummer...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by SassyIris

I can't believe how much coverage I get from just a few drops of what seems like very runny foundation, my skin looks flawless, it feels really light and it lasts ages.

I've always been interested by Bare Minerals products for their natural content but as I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry round the edges), I have avoided using the powder foundations as I thought they wouldn't look good on dry patches. I also prefer a heavier coverage. So when I saw a liquid version in a department store I was really interested in trying it.

Before this I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, which I do really like but I find it's quite thick which I thought may have been clogging my pores and it doesn't last as long as I'd like.

I hadn't read any reviews of Bare Skin before trying so i've been surprised to see there are negative ones because I think it's a really nice foundation. I apply it the same way that the woman in the shop first applied it to my face - SHAKE the foundation with the cap on first, then gently squeeze out a couple of drops either onto the back of your hand or directly onto a stippling brush then sweep a line across each cheek, jaw, nose and forehead. Use the stippling brush to blend it in. Add more drops as necessary.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Flg93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really know what i should say about this. The thing about his foundation is that bare escentuals really messed up for themselves. I have ALWAYS the best thoughts about their products but this was just.... ok.

People out in youtube and makeupblogs are really saying negative comments about this foundation. And when i was to buy it the sellers said to me that maybe it was better for my dry skin than using their mineral foundations, but that i was NOT getting more coverage or something like that.

For me it was a not so extraordinary foundation. It felt like a daycream with tint or a bbcream more than a foundation, but as i said, it was what the sellers warned me about.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I had very low expectations of this product after seeing many, many mediocre/negative reviews all of the internet/YouTube. (Especially combined with it being super hyped!) I've only tried this a few times, and feel it's an average foundation. Nothing special, but not a bad product either. I also thought it would be more pricey ($29), so I don't hate the price completely, either. I'd probably pay the money for a full sized version of this and not be mad about it.

I was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight and airy this felt while applying while being veru buildable. I suppose that's the idea behind the name, "bareskin". I have very oily skin these days, so most foundations are going to be tricky for me. This was looked pretty decent for most of the night without needing any crazy touch ups. My skin is not particularly sensitive, so I have not suffered any breakouts as a result of using this. The colors do seem to be a bit on the orange-y side, which I've heard a few times about the shade selection. There are about 20 shades to choose from, though, so it's not terribly difficult to get a close match. I almost feel as though this is a very, very glorified BB cream in a lot of ways as opposed to a foundation. I can basically take or leave this product. Definitely test it out before purchasing, though! It seems like a lot of people are very dissatisfied with this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by karat94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff makes my skin look absolutely flawless, not counting my blemishes here and there that are raised, but it's not like foundations can fix that anyway. A little goes a long way, and it's so bendable, it's awesome. The only thing that would hinder me from buying this product again is how much it rubs off on EVERYTHING. Clothes, sheets, even my boyfriend's face when I kiss him. It's so aggravating that I have to carefully put on a shirt in hopes that I don't get foundation on it. If they somehow made a more 'stay put" formula Id be all over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by road2lane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Call me crazy, but I do not think this foundation is as "natural looking" as they say, I can see it on my skin and it gives me a makeup look. Even when I've watched YouTube videos of it, I can tell they're wearing make up ( in all of them) I think the shade ranges off for me. The light is too light, and dark is too dark, also the tones are off-- orangey or something.
I unfortunately often buy two shades of foundation and mix them, but I don't think the payoff is there to do it with this one. I might end up keeping 06 to mix with other foundations if I want to darken them but the jury still out On that. I don't think this is a winner. Try YSL or Laura Mericer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by reggiemoon

I am 28 with combo to oily skin, some large pores and adult acne. This product was a greasy streaky mess. I tried 4 or 5 different sunscreens and primers under it and it settles in my pores really badly with all of them. The packaging is terrible. The foundation consistency is super runny and theres kinda like a dropper that doesn't work at the top of the bottle. I tried to work with this for about two weeks and its in my beauty reject bag now so maybe one of my friends with dryer skin will want it. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by grant9175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the powder foundation but in the winter I prefer a bit more coverage so i thought this was going to be great. WRONG. I am almost 40 years old and only had a blemish or so here and there thru out my life. This stuff made my face break out so bad I was in tears. I took back to the store and they said they have had so many returns because of this. This is a product fail.