July 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Mamaxopulos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little leary about trying this product since I typically don't use liquid foundations. I read up on this product and decided to give it a try. I really like this stuff a lot. I think it has the perfect coverage that I need, which is light to medium. I don't use the brush that is recommended with it, I use my Sigma flat kubaki brush and haven't had any troubles. The only small downfall is that the shade I use (bare linen) isn't a 100% match, but it is very, very close. I think over time they will come out with more shades, just like they did with the powder. I have worn this foundation outside and it didn't smear off my face, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Lunatrick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

SHAKE WELL (with the cap on! learn from my mistakes lol) BEFORE AND DURING APPLICATION.

Let me say right up front that if you are really oily like I am, you may not like this product! I like it so I am willing to use my oil blotter papers twice a day. A mattifying primer may help with this, but all primers seem to make me break out so I haven't tried anything like that.

I went from hating this foundation when I first bought it, to absolutely loving it once I learned the best way to use it. You do NOT need the brush, I use my $3 ELF small stipple brush and it gets the job done just fine. When I first tried this out, I was putting drops right on my brush and it took like 8 drops to cover my face and it didn't even cover all that well, so I was super frustrated and went back to my old foundation. Then the other day I saw a YouTuber (I'm so sorry if you're reading this, I can't remember who you were!) who said to put 2 drops on the back of your hand, and then take your finger and dot that around on half your face and THEN blend it out with your foundation brush, and it was like a miracle. 4 drops (2 for each half) easily covered my whole face with good light-medium coverage. I was even able to take a little of what was left on the back of my hand and dot it on a few areas that needed extra redness coverage with my finger to get a better layer of cover. And then set the whole thing with powder, of course. Now I use it every day and it doesn't break me out and life is wonderful.

Added notes: I am very pale (probably between NC5 and NC10) and I was color matched to the very lightest shade (bare porcelain) and it's a pretty good match. Also, this is definitely not a full coverage foundation, I'd pretty much rank it somewhere between a TM and a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second day wearing this foundation and I am loving it! I'm not ready to say it's on the HG status but it's close. It's definitely light-medium coverage, which is what I most about it. If you're looking for heavy coverage, this won't work for you. A little goes a long way. I used only 3 drops and I achieved the coverage I was looking for. My skin has a beautiful healthy glow, something I haven't been able to achieve with my MAC foundation or MAC BB cream. I will say this, don't get caught up in purchasing the brush. Complete waste of money ($28). I've used the Real Techniques expert face brush ($9) with great results. Just drop some foundation directly on the brush and buff away. If I continue to achieve the same results that I have for the last two days, I don't see myself twice at my MAC products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MarifreakinA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hey ladies, I have a question for you. I went to Sephora to get a skin match, I ended up really liking the foundation and got a sample of it to try. However, when I asked the sales woman if I had to get the brush she told me yes, they come together. I told her how much I disliked brushes from Bare Minerals and that I have my own brushes that I use, she just kept saying how great it looked on my skin and that the brush comes with it. Do I really have to purchase the brush? I would be happy to just purchase the product if I don't have to get the brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Nanders19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOT WORTH THE $$$

Ladies don't bother with this foundation unless you like very minimal coverage, you could just get a tinted moisturizer for have the price in that case. This foundation is very light weight. They told me in the store you only need a total of 4 drops (not true). Times that by maybe 3 and you get light- light medium coverage. The brush they make to apply the product is horrible it sucks up all the product. I had better luck applying with my beauty blender. The touch up powder that they sold me with it was horrible as well. I will leave a review for that one also. Sorry Bare Minerals this was an overpriced fail. Grade D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I originally wanted to use this as my new "casual day" makeup but now use it daily since receiving a sample from the BE Boutique. I went back and bought a $29 Bottle. You have to shake the bottle, and try a different technique than you would normally use - watch the various videos. I would say that when I was younger and had oily skin, Bare Minerals was my makeup. When I had to go to liquid, Giorgio Armani Skin Fusion is my holy grail - but now will alternate with bareSkin Serum foundation... I also bought the bareSkin brush. Works well for my 55 year old skin and I actually get compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by manderly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a couple of weeks now, and I really like it. I am a stay at home mom, and no longer do the whole "made up" look, but don't want to look like a big hot mess either.

I had stumbled across this while looking up what to buy from NYX during their recent sale (going to review those items as well, great brand even better prices). I had planned to try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Tinted Moisturizer as I just needed something to even out my skin and cover the occasional blemish and make me not look like death warmed over.

Previously I'd been using Pur Minerals since I liked the ease of the pressed powder and brush but I'd tanned during the summer and it wasn't matching and I wasn't happy with the overall heavyish finish.

I have to laugh at some of the online reviews - some of them just use flat out FAR too much of this product. I literally use 3 drops to do my entire face. DROPS. I opted not to purchase the brush made for it (it was nice and soft though) and got a Real Techniques expert face brush and it works perfectly (for like $8!)

I have combination skin which gets VERY oily in the summer, but I get some dry/flaky patches here and there. It will show those flakes like any other foundation. I've had pretty good luck with staying power in normal weather (it slid right off when it was like 100 degrees out, but everyone looks like a swamp rat in those conditions). I've been using Wayne Goss' tips (blotting with a layer of tissue and then finishing with my MUFE Finishing Powder and a few spritz of NYX setting spray).

I end up looking pretty darn good (blemishes need extra concealer) and it lasts me most of the day. I do need to blot/powder my t-zone after a few hours, but that has been my experience with all makeup.

This is a light to medium coverage with a glowing (not shimmery) dewy finish. At $29 from Ulta it's a great price considering I use only 3 drops per application.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by BrewerGirl86

I really tried to love this foundation but I just couldn't get past the fact that if you have huge pores, it shows EVERYTHING. Also, if you have acne, it exacerbates it as well as wrinkles. Actually, it exacerbates every flaw. What good is foundation if it doesn't cover anything, am I right? I used two different brushes with this product and had no luck with it. The search continues for the perfect foundation...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by destreng

UPDATE!! 29 July 2014. Days of use: 7.

My face is horribly broken out! Yuck! This is the only change in my routine/diet in the past week. I have a few large spots on my face, and several small ones. I will stop use immediately. Never before have I encountered such a terrible reaction to a makeup product. Epic Fail! I wish I could return this!!

DO NOT BUY. It's not worth the risk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall:
Easy match for fair neutral skin! I am really happy with the coverage and the look (not shiny, just dewy). Packaging is kinda lame (bottle too stiff to squeeze!), but not a problem. I hope that it improves my skin tone a little, but that is yet to be determined.

About me:
I have combination skin, oily t-zone, dry everywhere else. I am not a major makeup wearer, but I'm not getting any younger, and want to make sure my skin stays moisturized. I usually stick to powders (like Bare Minerals Fairly Light) and tinted moisturizers (<3 Boscia!).

The Purchase:
I was going to get the Matte Bare Minerals powder, but this was only $1 more expensive, and the advertising said "VITAMIN C!" so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was impressed when i was able to blend it (in-store! with sponge) right on my face and it looked great. I have neutral fair skin, and it's tough to find something the right color.

Use:
I use Garnier Ultra-Lift wrinkle cream in the AM, and then applied this foundation. I found that it "balled-up" a little bit. I think the combination of products is more difficult these days. But, nothing too bad. I used 3 "drops" of foundation for my whole face, and it gave great coverage (goodbye pink sunburned nose). I applied with my fingers -although sponge would be great, I don't like making trash. Application with a brush would also work, but I'm worried that would look too heavy for me. Once applied - it does look dewy, and although I'm not a big fan, it does look pretty natural. I find it's better than my powder actually - I think my skin is less oily when I use this product. My plastic glasses are not sliding off my nose right now. I also feel better about myself b/c it has physical sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by chrononaut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin except for my nose and have trouble with "luminating" foundations as they do not last, especially on my nose. My previous HG was ysl touche eclat but while I still love it, this is 25 dollars cheaper, lasts longer, and is a better color match.

It does take some practice though. At first it was very streaky and I had difficulty blending it in but then I decided to try it with my sonia kashuk multi purpose brush and buffed away. It's magic on my skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend this for someone with oily skin but if you have normal to slightly dry skin I think the finish would be absolutely beautiful.