October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Halzer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have waited a while before reviewing this foundation to be sure that I actually do love it as much as I thought when I first tried it.

I have dry skin that is spot prone. When I first started using this foundation I had lots of blocked pores (those tiny skin coloured bumps) and a few that had turned into a full on spot. I think it was because I had been experimenting with many new foundations in the hunt for my holy grail. I was using Doublewear for a while and then the Boots NO 7 stay perfect which could have been causing my problems.

Anyway, I wanted to find a foundation that was good for my dry skin without annoying it or clogging it more than it was already. Maybe it's the aloe vera in this foundation or the lack of parabens etc, but after two weeks of use, my I have no new red spots and my tiny bumps are disappearing, so my skin seems to get on well with it.

I tried three colour samples of BM BareSkin foundation and decided that Bare Beige was the best match. ( I also tried Buff and Nude. Nude was passable but slightly too yellow and Buff had me looking like Marge Simpson) For reference, my shades in other foundations are as follows: Mehron HD cream foundation - Eurasia Fair, Chanel vitalumiere - 30 Cendre , YSL Touche Eclat - BD50, Boots NO7 Stay Perfect - Honey.

I didn't buy the brush that BM recommends you use with this product as I have the Real Techniques Expert face brush and I find that does an excellent job when applying this foundation.

I use one full drop and it covers 80% of my face very well, leaving a natural looking finish. I say 80% because I don't really go to the edges of my whole face and I never do my entire forehead with foundation. I buff it in and it covers my faded spot marks well but I do use a separate concealer under my eyes and around my nose if I have any redness there.

The bareskin foundation lasts me throughout my working day. I never set my foundations with powder as my skin is dry so I like a dewy finish. In the summer I might use some on my T-Zone, but as winter is coming in the UK right now, it's not really needed yet.

If you have normal to dry skin I would say its worth giving this foundation a go. As others have said, I think application is the key here and less is definatley more when starting to apply it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by missyazuli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a sample of this in the darkest shade, Bare Mocha. The coverage is pretty good, a little does go a long way. For me, 3-4 drops was able to cover up some darker spots on my face. Feels great, like you have nothing on your skin....which can be problematic if you're like me and touch your face a lot. Or if you sweat on your face. This stuff is VERY moveable, even if you powdered it after letting it "set." And don't buy the gimmicky brush you're supposed to use with it; a flat top brush works just as well.

There's also another problem with this that I have. The color. Oh sure, it looks pretty red in the actual bottle. But I put it on my face, and before, during and after blending, I looked like I had jaundice. Not cool.

Sidebar; the sample bottles you get are a squeezable plastic, whereas the full size is a hard container....that you're supposed to wait on.....for the drops..... to come out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Savannahpretzel

I think all of the reviewers that are having trouble with this foundation are applying it wrong. I have to tell you that application is the key. I use 2 drops initially on the specified brush made for Bare Skin. I dab a dot of it on my forehead, following with a dab on each cheek and under each eyebrow, my nose and chin. I gently buff into my skin. I have very red cheeks with acne prone complexion so I buff on another drop onto my cheeks to combat the redness. I got my color matched and a beauty advisor actually showed me the proper process. This helped SO MUCH. This cannot be applied by hand or you'll have a terrible streaky heavy mess. I don't have to use any bronzer what so ever due to the Dewey glowy look the foundation gives me. I use the Becca Mattifying primer along with it and I'm set all day and night. The best foundation I've ever used. Another great product from Bare Minerals !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Loritheglory

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this foundation! I have oily skin and never have problems with it "sliding off" my face. I do use powder to set it though. It blends extremely well and the small bottle goes a long way. I think people might have bad experiences if they don't use the brush that is recommended with the product. I tried to avoid buying it too, but it makes a huge difference in application! I also love that you can build up the coverage-will definitely buy this foundation again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by terjavec

Great product! I have super finicky skin that typically tends to break out when I use foundation, but this stuff does quite the opposite. I use only a few drops in combination with the BE applicator for this product and my complexion looks more uniform without being heavily made up. Love this stuff

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by haleyn1101

I was wanting to try this product for awhile and my friend got her eye brows waxed and she received two samples of it. One of them happened to be in my shade. For me, it made my skin look even oiler than it already is. I was pretty disappointed:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I was looking high and low for a good foundation that wont emphasize lines and pores! I tried Giorgio Armani, Yves saint laurent ink fusion wear, Lancome serum foundtion. The list goes on. I saw sephora was giving out Bare minerals brightening serum foundation samples with $25.00 purchase but didn't bother picking it up thinking it was going to be of poor quality. However when i tried it out in ULTA it was a different story. I like the mineral-like smell it gives off. The coverage is surprisingly great, really great. I had to purchase a bottle. Ingredients are setting this foundation apart from other foundations! I like how it is coconut and Jojoba based. Overall I personally like this foundation 1,000 times better than the Yves Saint Laurent ink fusion wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ktamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. It might be the worst foundation I've ever tried. I am normal to dry with occasional blemishes. I am NW15-20 and I bought the color bare shell. The color match was good. When you put it on, it really does feel weightless. I used 3 drops for my whole face. I used one drop for each side of my face and a third to go over areas that I needed more coverage. I did not buy the brush. I would place a drop on the back of my hand and then dab on my face and use a buffing brush to buff into the skin. On me it was a medium coverage. It looked gorgeous when it went on. However after only a couple of hours, my face would get really shiny and greasy feeling. It clings to dry patches. If I wore it any longer than 4 hours, it would start to disappear. My face looked patchy and shiny. I tried using it with a primer and setting with different powders with no better luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this too shiny even though I do not have greasy skin, in fact it is on the dry side on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I used it with the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. It took a lot more than a couple of drops! When I saw a review of it on YouTube the reviewer had to use 12 drops! Yet another reviewer on YouTube said she only used 3 drops but she is used to using a tinted moisturiser. So it is nonsense to say you only need a few drops unless you have perfect flawless skin or if you are used to using tinted moisturiser. It might be ok for someone young with no skin blemishes at all. I also bought the expensive brush that goes with it and the first few drops just disappear into it.

I found it takes me longer to put my make up on with this than with my previous foundation as it does not cover as well. I'm going to stick with it now I've paid for it as I know it is supposed to improve the condition and uneven skin tone. It does feel nice on your skin I must say, but it is too shiny for me and I do not have oily skin. I am now wondering if I should be buying a make up fixer to spray on to stop it getting shinier during the day, so this is getting more and more expensive, what with the cost of the primer, foundation and brush it has been a costly experience so I'm not too happy. I did not want to use loose powder with it to stop the shine as I used to over foundation years ago, as when you get older you are supposed to keep well away from powder as it accentuates wrinkles and especially as when you get older your skin gets dry so you shouldn't be using powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this in Bare Linen 05. This is not close to light enough for me, but I took the lightest sample. I applied it with the Sephora collection pro flawless airbrush #56. It just sat on the surface of my skin and didn't blend or cover anything. Even the tip of my nose stayed red and shiny (I am not sure why my nose was red, but it may have been from the foundation). It somehow made me look like I have bad skin, even though I don't, at all.