Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

on 7/10/2015 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you have perfectly even textured skin, I'm sure this foundation would look beautiful. It feels very light, provides nice even coverage and lasts quite a while. Unfortunately I have dry, flaky skin and with inflammatory acne and this foundation is my worst nightmare. It clings to dry patches, settles in creases, and enhances large pores. Application is also very inconvenient. This isn't a product you can throw in your bag and reapply later when you need it. You must use a primer, apply with a buffing brush and set with powder or it looks terrible.

I've been using this bareminerals foundation for a good year now and I love it! It does go on kind of messy but it's not a big deal. I would not recommend this product to people with fairly light sensitive skin mainly because even the lightest color they have is still kinda dark. I bought the bare linen one and it does go on my fair skin kind of darker than my natural color but I blend it with my light Revlon colorstay foundation and it goes on more nicely. All in all a great product with a great price.

on 6/19/2015 11:28:00 AM

Seriously, this stuff is awesome. I hear a lot of people complain about it being oily, but I lean more toward the dry skin end of the spectrum so I haven't really run into that problem. I find you get the best results when you apply with some sort of flat top kabuki brush (doesn't have to be the recommended brush from Bareminerals). And use a good primer underneath beforehand. Also if you tend to get oily I would apply a small amount of translucent setting powder over the foundation to keep it more matte. The foundation goes on feeling tad oily, definitely feels like a serum, but once it sets, it dries to a very natural finish. Coming from a person who tends to fall asleep in makeup fairly often, I'm thankful that this doesn't have a lot of yucky ingredients that most other liquid foundations do. Hasn't broken me out at all. Give it a try!! A little bit goes a long way.

Worst foundation ever. I have combination skin, ( more dry than oily)and this made me so oily. It would literally melt off my face. Tried using it with a primer and a setting spray and it still lasted about 2 hours before being patchy. Learned to mix it with other foundations so I didn't completely waste my money. But by far the worst high end foundation EVER. Don't waste your $$$

on 6/13/2015 12:48:00 PM

This is the worst foundation I've ever tried for many reasons.

For one, it's texture is water. It comes out as straight liquid and doesn't get thicker like foundations should. It goes on like water as well. It never dries, even with primer below and powder on top. Therefore, it comes off extremely easily. You can brush your hair out of your face and take off a good chunk of your foundation, which is difficult when you're out all day.

It makes your skin look even more oily than it should. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny throughout the day. If this is you, this foundation will do you no favors. It makes my face look incredibly shiny. I can feel it getting shinier throughout the day too, which is never a good sign. It feels oily as you put it on as well. Summary: if you have oily skin, DO NOT buy this product.

In conclusion, do not buy this product if you want your makeup to stay on for a normal amount of time, not come off during the day, prevent shine, look and feel natural. It does NONE of these. I've tried lots of foundations and this is by far the worst.

on 5/29/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Awful foundation. I bought the kit with foundation brush, Mineral veil and the Pure Brightening foundation. The color was good and it covered well but the foundation went RANCID on my skin within minutes of application. All it had to do was warm up on my skin. The rancid oil smell was overwhelming and never went away.

I stuck it out to see how the foundation lasted, which was all day but I had to wash twice to get that rancid smell off. It was still noticeable after the first wash. I've had this happen before with other products, usually moisturizers. I would love to know which ingredient is the culprit so I can avoid it in the future. I suspect the coconut alkanes, jojoba esters, caprylic/capric triglyceride, or lecithin. All of which are lipids (oils) so Bare Minerals claim of "no oil" is simply deceitful.

Aside from the smell, the foundation settled into every wrinkle and crease and even highlighted some dry patches I didn't even know I had before. Strangely, my skin looked incredible the next morning, it clearly responded well something in the ingredients but here is no way I can stomach smelling rancid oil like that all day again.

I loved the brush and Mineral Veil and the were worth the price of the kit ($35) but the foundation went in the trash.

on 5/28/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product has very good coverage (I use the shade bare tan) and didn't feel caked on when I wore it. However the liquidy texture probably isn't for everyone! I use a both a sponge and brush to get it to blend, and it stays all day if I set it with powder, but after a while it can sink into fine lines and dry skin.

One major downside to this is the bottle, since you either only get a drop or a flood! You also have to shake it A LOT, which can be a pain. Overall, I like this foundation a lot, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase in the future.

on 5/25/2015 8:42:00 AM

This is just a hot mess. Bought the primer, foundation, brush and powder as suggested. Applied as demonstrated. Hated with a passion not to be believed. It manages to be so sheer there is no coverage at all, BUT it miraculously makes ever pore, line, and flaw stand out in HD. Just awful. It all goes back

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am extremely fair-skinned and this foundation in the shade Bare Porcelain 01 is the first foundation I have ever found that truly matches my skin. My skin is also very sensitive and dry, so the formula--which is VERY liquidy-- is fantastic. It is very bendable and is ideal for everyday wear. BareMinerals sells a specific brush to go with this foundation, but I just use a normal kabuki foundation brush and it works just fine, but this is probably not a foundation that could be applied with just your fingers.

As far as coverage level, I would say this is sheer to medium coverage-TOPS. Definitely not for people who need a full coverage foundation. Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation. The price is very reasonable (approximately $30) and the look is very natural with a touch of dewy-ness.

on 5/4/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm loving this foundation. I've heard very mixed reviews but for my skin which has always been oily but as I'm getting older is becoming more normal. This foundation makes me glow and it looks very smooth. I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and I only use about 3 drops to cover my face. For reference I wear medium beige in the original bare minerals.

Video Reviews & Tutorials