Banana Boat Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50

4.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Octocrylene (6.0%), Oxybenzone (4.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Benzoate, Glycerin, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dispropyl Adipate, Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenylethyl Benzoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyethylene, Sodium Polyacrylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Coco-Glucoside, Triethanolamine, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Mineral Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Chromium Hydroxide Gr

on 7/1/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised so few people have reviewed this. I had very low expectations and ended up being so pleased. This is lovely on the body and no break outs, so I tried it on my face. I have very dry skin and this works beautifully as a facial sunscreen too. Really, give this a try. It is so inexpensive - you've got nothing to lose. I am already on my second bottle and have a third as back up.

on 6/29/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this! I hate wearing sunscreen on my body since many of them are sticky, goopy, whitening, or smelly. However, since I'm fair I need to wear it in the summer or I would get burned after a few minutes in the sun.
This lotion is hydrating, absorbs in about 2 mins, and leaves no white cast or stickiness behind. It's also not drying the way some alcohol or mattifying sunscreens are. It has no smell and says "fragrance free" on the bottle. This has actually been motivating me to wear sunscreen on my neck and chest every day, which is a small miracle since I hate putting anything on my body unless I absolutely HAVE to.

on 5/21/2014 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I'm a sunscreen junkie, and really like this one. I used it only on my body (I use primarily Mexoryl sunscreens on my face). I'm still mourning the discontinuation of Banana Boat's long gone Vitaskin series, which felt and smelled fabulous. This one doesn't have the great scent--it has a slight odor that's fairly inoffensive. But it sinks into the skin really well, without leaving any shine or greasy residue (after it sits for a minute to absorb) or white cast. As advertised, this product really does hydrate the skin--again, without leaving it feeling greasy--which is great for those who have dry skin. Finally, for those concerned about UVA rays, this is a broad spectrum sunscreen (2% avobenzone), and I love the high SPF.

on 4/9/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this ss! It's a new product from Banana Boat, and I bought it on a whim at Walmart. I tried it out for the first time yesterday, and it worked wonderfully. I had a 2 hour drive (in the sun), and when it was all said and done my pale skin was protected (I didn't turn lobster red...yay!! lol). It sinks in fairly quickly and dries matte and clear. I was also impressed with the smell (or lack of smell). It is very lightly scented, and what smell there is doesn't last long outdoors.

PROS:
- UVA/UVB (I turn lobster red in sun...it's not pretty!)
- Non-greasy
- Light smell that isn't overpowering
- Sinks into skin quickly
- Water resistant (It says "water resistant" on the bottle, but I haven't had a chance to personally test that claim)

CONS:
- None atm

4/4/15 - My only qualm with this ss is that I've found it has a very light yellow hue. It's not noticeable while wearing it, but if you rub up against something white (ie rubbing it off with a white paper towel) you will notice the faint yellow. Again, it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it, but just fyi.