Urban Decay Electric Pressed Palette

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/30/2015 10:17:00 AM

First let me say I LOVE bright colors and wear them often. That being said this is a sweet palette to supplement any color lover's makeup collection. My only issue is that some of the colors are less useful than I'd like. The lime ish green doesn't translate well to the skin an appears dull on my pale skin. Some colors stain your skin like the Orange/red.... I wish there was a true bright satin/shimmer yellow and a better lime/chartreuse color.

on 9/19/2015 9:52:00 AM

I love bright colors and I think it is good to have some bright colors handy even if you don't use them often. I think it is great value because of the size of the pan. They are pressed pigment and so a little goes a long way. Mind you, they stained and have to use very good eye makeup remover to remove them. Overall, I think it is a good palette for those who love colors. :D It is very useful for me.

on 7/26/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Pretty colors , price range is good has flouts tho bit more than i would like but hey its not like i payed $100 for it

on 7/20/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette! I bought it to spice up my eye shadow collection and it's such a nice change from all my neutrals. It is extremely pigmented!
I feel like the people who purchased this and didn't like it expected something different from it or just don't know how to use it.

It's really versatile bc I can add just a pop of color to my neutral looks bc it pairs very very well with other shadows, I can make a bright look with many colors, I can make an all over one color look that is beautiful and vibrant, or I can wet a brush and make a wonderful colored liner.
This isn't an everyday palette for me, but I use it more often than you'd think. If you're thinking this is too crazy to use... it actually is a really great addition to your collection and you should try it!
I loooove how they're not super sparkly; I think that makes them even more wearable, and there are products that you can put on top if you want sparkle. These eyeshadows blend so well! the superior urban decay quality is here! I love how I can get a vibrant look without having to use a loose pigment. I also love the packaging.

I think that the naked palettes have dropped in quality (due to extreme mass production? I bought the naked 1 when it first came out years ago, back when it was like $49 lol and I used a lot of it up so I repurchased it recently and it's definitely not the same quality!) I still love the quality of the vice palettes, other limited edition palettes, and the eyeshadow singles. This palette has that same great quality! it is phenomenal.

on 7/3/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette. Even though you can wear the colors alone, I like to blend them with neutral colors, and get an awesome smoky effect. Payoff is great, most colors apply smoothly. Chaos is a little harder to work with, but still a great color. If you are on a budget, but want higher end products, I'd say get this and a neutral palette like Naked or Naked 2 and you'd be set.
The packaging says some colors aren't intended for eye use, but I personally use them anyway. Just be careful, they can leave an odd stain on your eyelids.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in hopes I would love it. The package was beautiful and it swatched beautifully in the store but on my lids looked cakey and just plain sad. I would much rather use my BH Cosmetics "Take Me To Brazil" which is half with price with over twice the colors.

This is the only product I have EVER returned to Sephora.

To start off this review I just want to say that I love this palette with all my heart!I know that sounds a little weird...but it really is pigmented and in my perspective you end up getting a lot for your money.I will admit though that the pigments are a little on the chalky side but if you decide to get it for full on makeup or for just having fun it is really worth it!Yes, I have done an makeup look with the palette and it did stay on my eyes all day.But i did use a primer under it, I used the Urban Decay eyelid primer.It doesn't feel chalky or creamy when you put it on your skin so that's something to keep in mind too!They are pressed pigments which means that you can put it on your face and body.Most of the shades can be worn on your eyelids but some could cause irritation if you use it on your eyelids!So make sure that you read the box before you use the palette...just to be safe!So yes I would give this product a 5/5...I hope you guys liked this review and I will "see" you on my next review!

on 4/29/2015 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This reminds me of the makeup colors I wore in highschool. I love this but I can hardly find time to use it. I was hoping for a subtle *pop* of color but NOT that at all. This is so POW! you can see it from miles away. My husband loves the colors tho. Everytime I do use this, he compliments my eyes and the colors. It's pretty exspensive, but you can't find a similar product anywhere with the KA-POW that this has. So with all the colors and quality. I guess it's worth the price. I just wish I could find excuses to wear it more, That's not urban decay's fault!

on 4/6/2015 12:53:00 PM

I purchased this pallet on a whim. I was drawn to the electric colours although my go to favourites are usually pink/purple based neutrals. Like other reviews, I am surprised how often I use this pallet and how wearable the looks can be.

As for the actual shadows, Revolt (silver) is straight up metallic. Savage (pink) is the only completely matte. Fringe (emerald), Jilted (burgundy), Urban (purple) and Freak (green) are all sheens. Gonzo (blue), Slowburn (orange), Chaos (blue) and Thrash (yellow/green) have a matte base with sparkles infused.

- The packaging is a cute, sleek and sturdy plastic with a large mirror in the lid. Very travel friendly!
- The shadows are highly pigmented and soft.

- Chaos is a beautiful in the pan but in application it is sheer and patchy.
- Although I love Revolt, I find silver an odd choice for this pallet and felt it was missing a neon yellow or red; however, silver lends itself nicely to the other shadow shades.
- The pallet is not a stand alone, it needs other colours even if your going for costume due to the shade differences. I have worn Freak, Thrash and Fringe blended... it was alright.

on 3/4/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Surprisingly wearable considering every colour is so bright! I get a lot more use out of it than I anticipated as it's great for adding just a pop of colour to a more conservative look. Admittedly I have left the house wearing every colour at once for a peacock look and not appeared clownish. Who'd have thought? With the exception of revolt, which is sheerer than the rest, every shade is super pigmented, soft but not powdery, and easy to both pack on and blend. Revolt is best applied as a glittery wash over other shadows or with the finger tip as an inner highlight. The blues and purples are super pretty and so, so wearable despite being the staples of this neon palette. Fringe was my favourite before purchase but find I have to wrangle it a bit more than the rest and pack on a bit more for that really lush green. I never in a million years thought I'd wear thrash, but it's actually very flattering and compliments the blues, purples and pinks nicely. Savage and slow burn can stain, I've heard, but I haven't had that problem after a full day of wear. These shadows hold their own without a primer or base but do benefit from using the additional products just for a bit more vibrancy and wear time. I haven't tried it yet but the SA mentioned you can mix the colours with hairspray and use them in place of hair chalk. Being pressed pigments I'm sure there's a lot of ways you could use them. Mix with a balm or gloss for the lips, a medium for body art... You can be very creative with this palette. Total win.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products