Urban Decay Electric Pressed Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/4/2015 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Surprisingly wearable considering every colour is so bright! I get a lot more use out of it than I anticipated as it's great for adding just a pop of colour to a more conservative look. Admittedly I have left the house wearing every colour at once for a peacock look and not appeared clownish. Who'd have thought? With the exception of revolt, which is sheerer than the rest, every shade is super pigmented, soft but not powdery, and easy to both pack on and blend. Revolt is best applied as a glittery wash over other shadows or with the finger tip as an inner highlight. The blues and purples are super pretty and so, so wearable despite being the staples of this neon palette. Fringe was my favourite before purchase but find I have to wrangle it a bit more than the rest and pack on a bit more for that really lush green. I never in a million years thought I'd wear thrash, but it's actually very flattering and compliments the blues, purples and pinks nicely. Savage and slow burn can stain, I've heard, but I haven't had that problem after a full day of wear. These shadows hold their own without a primer or base but do benefit from using the additional products just for a bit more vibrancy and wear time. I haven't tried it yet but the SA mentioned you can mix the colours with hairspray and use them in place of hair chalk. Being pressed pigments I'm sure there's a lot of ways you could use them. Mix with a balm or gloss for the lips, a medium for body art... You can be very creative with this palette. Total win.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Disclaimer: I am obsessed with neons. Completely obsessed. If you don't want neon eyeshadow, move along. If you do want neon eyeshadow, step this way!

So I saw this palette walking through a department store when I didn't have much spare cash. The outside of the palette grabbed me instantly. It was so bright! And the whole rainbow! But it was 40... and the colours inside didn't seem as bright. I told myself it obviously wasn't going to live up to the packaging, and walked away. A few days later, I went back for another look, but still didn't touch. A few days after that, I tried it on the back of my hand. Seconds later, out came the credit card. And I'm so glad I bought it!

It is bright. Seriously bright. Don't be fooled by the dull appearance in the palette, it is truly electric when it's on. The outside of the palette doesn't do it justice. I would say it's probably not full on neon, but it's such bright intense colour that it works well with a neon outfit. It also looks great with a black dress, a real show stopping eye look.

Always start with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer potion. I forgot to apply it once, and the colour was ok, but it wasn't popping like it usually does, so I took it off and started over. I like to wear all the colours at once (except the silver, which I don't really understand the purpose of to be honest), creating a rainbow effect. It's lovely to apply, and goes on beautifully, but do remember that it's pressed pigment, not eyeshadow - therefore a little goes a long way, and once it's on, it's staying on. It's a little trickier to blend than eyeshadow, but by no means impossible. It just takes a little longer, and some practice. The colour payoff when you achieve it though... wow. Just wow.

I also use many of the colours individually, or a few at a time. I've never found anything that stands out this much, and it's worth every penny. It's worth bearing in mind that you're getting 10 colours here (even if you ignore the silver, you still get 9), so although it's a lot to spend in one go, it's a good deal. The only disappointment is that, because you can't lift the individual colours out, you can't take it on holiday for fear of it getting knocked about and the pigments smashing and mixing into one big box of brown. But that's a pretty minor complaint really!

on 12/17/2014 12:24:00 PM

I loooooove this palette. The only color it is missing is a gold shade. Great! Buy this palette if you brights!

on 11/6/2014 8:24:00 AM

wow. that's all I can say. The color payoff is so amazing. although it's not something that you can wear daily though. too bad because all the shades are just drop dead gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

on 10/24/2014 3:11:00 PM

I bought this because the colors were attractive. They apply very nice. Have not had to deal with any fallout. The colors are super vibrant and pigmented. The silver color I think "revolt" is the name of the eyeshadow; that eyeshadow in particular is the only one that's flakey. Overall I am completely infatuated with this palette.

on 10/9/2014 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a lovely palette! The pigmentation is great, the typical UD longevity and blendability is there, and the colors are fun and unique. It is, however, not a travel palette. There are few complete "looks" here, unless you're going for something REALLY vibrant. If you're just looking for a pop of color, as most probably are, then you will need an additional palette/shadows. My only significant complaint is the silver. This palette is so great, why'd they have to screw up that silver! It's sheer, chunky, and prone to serious fallout. It's only real use for my purposes is as a bit of brightness on the inner corner. I still adore the palette as a whole, since I wasn't exactly buying it for the silver, but I'm still disappointed that they didn't make this a total knockout when they were so close.

I love the packaging of this palette as well as the color range. The only thing i would chabge is i wish UD had included a true red color in this palette. the pigmentation is amazing- the best I've seen and used. The texture of the shadows is also of quality. I have also not had any issues with longtivity or wear of the shadows when paired with UD primer potion. I have not applied the shadows on their own. Would highly recommend this palette to anyone looking to add some color to their collection.

on 8/20/2014 4:09:00 PM

A little pricey but nice product. I prefer a nude like palette however if u are more adventurous you will love it!!

on 7/21/2014 4:21:00 PM

I've been stalking this palette for the longest time. Finally I broke down and bought it today!!! It's amazing!!!! The colors are so pigmented and there is no fall out at all. There are so many looks you can create with this palette. I always use the udpp and the colors always pop. I'm so glad I bought this!!!! I can't wait to try out more looks!!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products