August 21, 2014 | 1322 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Electric Pressed Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Yanikacilia

A little pricey but nice product. I prefer a nude like palette however if u are more adventurous you will love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been stalking this palette for the longest time. Finally I broke down and bought it today!!! It's amazing!!!! The colors are so pigmented and there is no fall out at all. There are so many looks you can create with this palette. I always use the udpp and the colors always pop. I'm so glad I bought this!!!! I can't wait to try out more looks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying this; the only reason I ticked off the repurchase option is because I'm getting so much use out of this palette that I might need a new one in a year or two. The packaging is great, sturdy and hard, not cardboard, and the brush it comes with is magic. It's the perfect palette for a pop of color or a bold eye. This might become the new fad, seeing as Naked started an epidemic of neutral palettes. Onto shadow quality; some of the colors require a bit of build up to reach pan opacity, but when they're opaque, you can hold the palette to your face and you'll see the same color on your eye. Very true to color. I have had absolutely no problems with the reds, but if you have sensitive eyes I'd be wary. I can use some as blushes, use them for fx makeup, or use them everyday as I have been. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it, it's incorporated into my everyday routine somehow. I would highly recommend this to anyone, makeup aficionado or not. Urban Decay, you got yourself another winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

The Electric Palette is an unbelievably colorful, highly pigmented group of shadows and a unique addition to anyone's make up collection. Because so many palettes these days are neutral tones, it is delightful to have the pigments in this compact for either totally bright looks or to add to a more everyday look for a pop of color. I admit I will probably add the pop of color more than walk around with bright purple or orange eyes but....

There are quite a few blues in this grouping but my favorite colors are the greenish and greenish/yellow hues. Urban Decay has issued a disclaimer with certain of these pigments indicating that some of them (seems like the ones with the underlying red tones) are not meant for use around the eye area. I personally have had no issues with irritation when using the indicated shadows around my eyes.

I like the fact that there is a great color palette out there with shadows that blend wonderfully and inspire some imagination.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by KittehG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This palette was my introduction to Urban Decay. I had lusted over other UD stuff, but never broke down and bought it. I got a gift card and decided to take a leap of faith with this product. I was not disappointed. This palette is everything that everyone raved about. The pigments are absolutely amazing. Bright and vivid colors work well by themselves for a flamboyant look, re just around the lash area paired with nude eyeshadow for a pop of color. There are endless possibilities with this palette. Definitely use a primer and preferably a white base, because they can stain. But, even when they did stain my lids, a little concealer or tinted primer fixed the problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After passing up Vice 1 and 2 due to being so large and having boring colors I had pretty much given up hope that UD was going to release a vivid eyeshadow palette that I actually wanted. Then came this palette, which I knew right away I absolutely needed. This was the first time I bought a palette and immediately wanted to go home and smear it all over my eyelids and when I did I was not disappointed. These colors are bright, vivid and in your face, they blend like a dream and amazingly can be toned down for work or school or a daytime look. This palette is a great compliment to any of the Naked palettes and amazing on it's own. However as amazing as this palette is I had to take a lippie off. I tried all of the "not safe for eyes" shades on their own with no other makeup to test them out. Savage didn't irritate my eyes but it ended up leaving some staining which made me look like I had an eye infection but it wasn't really a big deal because it was easily covered up with a little concealer. Slowburn didn't leave me with any staining or irritation. Jilted had no irritation but also left a teensy bit of staining but due to it being purple it just looked like I had a very light purple eyeshadow on, again easily remedied with concealer. Urban however caused some major eye irritation and significant staining which really bummed me out cause it was the shade I was most looking forward to since I have green eyes. The only area I had problem with this shade is my tear duct, it ended up leaving both of tear ducts inflamed and very itchy for about two days. I retested this using it as either a crease color or a "V" color and didn't have any problems, so it seems like this shade is okay for me to use as long as I don't get it near my tear ducts and that is the reason I took off one lippie but it isn't a big deal and wouldn't make me stop using this palette. Overall UD did an amazing job with this one! I really hope they make an Electric 2!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by that1makeupgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy grail for anyone who wants to experiment with some color.
I wasn't sure if I needed this palette, but after being lured by the gorgeous packaging I can't live without it.
The colors are powerful and have great payoff, even without a primer.
With the correct blending they can look 'sane' and be used for day (in combination with neutrals) or night!
It's the perfect palette for those 'wild colors.' Go on, be brave and buy yourself one!
Plus the packaging is gorgeous and great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Molls32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got to admit I'm a sucker for bright eyeshadows, so this product is perfect for me! The colors are very bold so it's best to blend them. With the right technique I've managed to make it look lovely and not clownish. I always use a primer to make sure it doesn't stain my eyelids. The Electric Palette reminds me a bit of Urban Decay's old Deluxe Shadowbox, only with more fun colors!
I'm very pleased with this product, and hope to use it for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

FINALLY the Urban Decay I've always known is back! I love the Naked line, but these ultra pigmented and wild colors is what got me into UD! These colors are beautiful and way too much fun. The only caution I will give is they are very powerful colors, so a lot of blending is required! I usually take the shade "Revolt," the sparkly silver one, and blend it with one of the other colors to tone it down. I've also heard the colors with red pigments (savage, slowburn, jilted and urban) irritate some users' eyes. I've heard some people react fine to them, but I don't use those colors on my lid or under my eye to be safe. But in short I absolutely love this! I hope UD releases more awesome palettes like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by milkhoney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a sucker for bright eyeshadow, and as a long time UD addict I've been getting impatient with all this neutral nonsense. The day I saw this I knew I would be buying it, there was no way I couldn't - even if the shade choice isn't perfect - it's pretty great.

Large mirror in the top half, which I love. Strong magnetic closure, hard plastic shell, and large pans. This is a nice palette. The double ended brush is fine, I've never been thrilled by UD's palette brushes and this one is no exception. It has purple bristles, so it looks cool, and it works fine when you don't have your proper brushes with you, that's about as excited as I can get it.

These need no base, they are insanely bright and have very little chalkiness or fallout for being so deeply pigmented. Thrash has definite green tones, which make it more dayglo bright yellow than just lemon yellow and it really stands out. Freak is very sparkly, but is the sheerest of the palette other than Revolt, which is more of a dense topcoat. Freak does disappoint me in its color payoff but only compared to the other shades. All of the colors have some degree of shimmer or sparkle, some barely glint and look mostly matte while other are frosty. For me Freak and Revolt have the most fallout but are manageable, the denser colors have little.

I could have done without three blues in this palette, though this version of Chaos seems more blue and smoother than the Chaos from the original Vice palette, which was fairly chalky and seemed too black. Gonzo is to die for, and Fringe is also beautiful but making it more green than teal would have helped Freak work better with more colors of the palette. Or making Freak darker, or denser. I'm really not happy with Freak.

I swatched NYX's Primal pigments before buying my Electric palette, obviously UD won but I was a little surprised it wasn't even close. None of NYX's pigments, some of which were very close to some of the Electric shades, were anywhere near as bright and deep, and all of them were chalky with lots of fallout. They looked like what the UD swatches looked like after I tried to rub them away. If you're going for brights, cheap stuff isn't going to give good payoff, even if in the pan it's a close dupe.

This isn't a palette for everyone, but it's a palette for more people than you might think. You can use two or three related shades for looks that are bright and eyecatching without being clownish. You can use contrasting colors or as many shades as possible and get wild looks if you want, but you can just toe the line with this palette too. I imagine that a lot of people will find their Urban and Jilted disappearing faster than the rest, the two purples in this palette would sell well on their own.