July 31, 2014 | 1727 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Cindy-Lou Manizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping this would act as a soft, pink-peach highlighter on my fair skin but it's actually too dark for me to use for that purpose. So I've been using it over some of my more matte blushes to add a little extra luminescence. There's enough pigment for it to be an actual blush for me but because of the sheen it's not very flattering on it's own. So with a light hand over a blush it gives some warmth and a pretty glow. The color is a warm, fleshy, peachy pink with a shine that reads as either a subtle metallic or a strong pearl depending on how you describe it.

The texture is very soft and a little powdery so quite a bit picks up on my brush with just a gentle swirl in the pan. I have to use a light hand when applying it otherwise it goes on a little heavily. But it blends well so I can sheer it out easily. I'm not a fan of the packaging, which looks and feels cheap to me. I can appreciate that the brand's trying to do a retro vibe but I just don't like it.

For reference my skin is very pale (the lightest shade in every foundation range), neutral to cool toned, and normal to slightly dry or slightly combination depending on allergies and the weather. Because I don't have much use for it other than as a topper for another blush I chose that I wouldn't repurchase. But I think it's a nice product and would make a pretty highlighter for others. It's really a lovely color I just couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I love highlighters because my skin is really dry and so to bring some life back to my skin, is a big perk for me. This is really gorgeous. It has a mostly pink undertone, which I normally like. For some reason they look more natural on my skin. This goes just a hair to far on the pink side, which could probably work as a blush for fair skintones. This is also really easy to overdo. I really love the cute packaging and the price isn't over the top like some highlighters can be. I'd repurchase but it's not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this highlight to use when I don't want the brightness of Marilou. It still adds a lovely glow it's just not as much. It's pink based, and still very pigmented so don't go overboard when apply or it'll look terrible

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Ordered this from HauteLook for a discount price, and I super happy that I tried it and also super happy that it was discounted. Not at all the products fault, but when I opened it from the packaging it was shattered in a hundred pieces. I tried to salvage what I could. I really liked the coloring of this; however, I wish it had a little bit more sheen to it. I do think that this is more for fair/medium skin tones. I know after I self tan and I am on the darker side, it sometimes appears a bit gray on my skin.

It is a very sublte highighter taht could also been used as a shadow, or even an inner corner highlight. Again, I do like a little more sheen for my highlighters, but this does the job OK. I wouldn't purchase it again, because there are definitely other products out there that I like more, and some for even less money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

While I love this highlighter and Mary Lou, the powder is delicate. You have to treat it like a baby. The reason it's so loosely packed is it's heavy on pigment, which keeps the ingredients soft and not as compact. I've heard of people having to buy the highlighters a few times because they've broken, so that is a major downside. I wish we could request bubble wrap for cosmetics before shipping! It's a peachy pink that's lovely as a blush and illuminator in one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do not posess the Mary-Lou Luminizer so I can't compare both products. I'm blonde with NW10 skin for reference.
The Cindy-Lou Manizer is a peachy highlighter with a peachy pink shimmer. There is no chunky glitter in this but this highlighter is EXTREMELY pigmented. You barely need to touch your highlighter brush with this to pick up a lot of product (and I personally like to tap off the excess product on my hand). The texture of the highlighter on the pan is the most soft I've ever seen in my life - it almost feels creamy or buttery, but it is indeed powder. The downside is that it's very fragile - I ordered it online and it arrived broken. I tried to use it anyway and dropped it on the floor once - this time, the entire pan got out of the packaging and fell facedown on the floor, definitely ruining the prouduct. So I would advise against travelling with this unless you pack it nice and tight.
I was scared this highlighter wouldn't work on my very fair skin but it does. It looks great over a peach blush (or any warm-toned blush). You have to blend it a little nonetheless so the peach colour fades a little (if you have medium / dark skin, you probably won't need to do this). The result is a gorgeous, healthy pinky-toned shimmer that looks more natural on my cheeks than traditional white/golden shimmer. I love it!!!
I recommended this product 100% - you just need to do a little trial and error in order to know how it will work for you. It's a nice change from the traditional white and pink and gold highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm so surprised this has not been reviewed here already. I already own Mary-Lou and love that, but scooped this one up as I'm just a bit partial to a pink/peach highlight. I was quite surprised how much darker this is in real life compared to the online swatches I could find at the time even on TheBalm.com.

On my NC15 skin this makes for a great shimmery blush - needs to be built up gradually and a light hand not to over do it. On me it's a peachy champagne/light gold colour. I also like to use it over lighter blushes as a finishing highlight, its a really pretty look and with a light hand very subtle. Even using this as a blush I just apply lightly with a fan brush.

At 8.5g there's a lot of product so don't think I will have a need to repurchase this - Cindy and Mary will keep me going for a long time :)