TheBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer

on 6/29/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample size of this from a makeup subscription box and that was a couple of months ago. I have been using this since then and love it. I hit pan on it today and that made me really sad. I knew then that this was a for sure purchase for me as soon as this is gone. I really love the packaging on this. It is so adorable and has a modern retro look. I am a sucker for cute packaging for sure. As far as the color, it's a peachy golden shade and while it looks a little dark in the pan for my fair skin, but actually this is a great color for me and it goes on easily and looks pretty and gives me a luminous glow without obvious shimmer. I have used this for eyeshadow, for blush, for highlights, and in the center of my bottom lip over lipstick to add highlight and pout and it works great for all purposes. I am fair skinned so this works best as a blush for me. This does have golden shimmer in it but it does not come across as shimmery once you get it on. This blends so very well too and I really love this product. I am definitely buying this in the full size!

on 5/4/2015 11:16:00 PM

I have olive undertones, so it was kind of dumb of me to purchase this as a highlighter because of how much it stands out. However, this can be used as a glowy, understated blush. It gives a pretty sheen moreso than intense pigment and maybe adds a bit of peachy color. The packaging is cute and you get a lot of product for the money, so that's nice. If you do have more pink or peach-toned skin, this might just be up your alley. Even darker skin might benefit from this being a highlighter. Still, not all is lost if you're not quite the right shade to pull this off.

on 3/5/2015 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

On my very fair skin it is too dark to be a real highlighter on my skin, but it makes a beautiful peachy-pink blush. I tend to apply it to add some extra wow to my blush and then also apply a little higher than my usual blush placement and it gives such a lovely glow!
I also adore the cute packaging and it seems to be reasonably sturdy.

on 1/27/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm not as wowed by Cindy and most other thebalm products for a few reasons: The pigment does not seem as fine as Mary so it kind of sits on top of my skin and requires a lot of blending to mix decently atop both powder and foundation. It's kind of cakey so be sure to use only a small amount and build up in layers if needed. The plus side is that it should last practically forever.

The powder itself is pink gold, rendering it kind of peachy but it doesn't really have a lot of iridescence, at least not enough to be a very effective highlighter on my light-medium skin which leans neutral-warm. It looks unnatural on me no matter how I try to apply it. It's also too light to be used as a blush.

I think this could be a useful highlighter on med-dark to dark skin, and a subtle blush for fair skin, but it's not terribly useful as either for me. Just be sure to apply with a light hand and blend well so it doesn't cake up. It will last throughout a working day in the office so no problems there, and will still show through a touch up with powder as long as it's not too pigmented or matte.

on 1/7/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was so excited when I found out about this product! I quite enjoy Mary-Lou Manizer but have always lusted for a pink powder highlighter. This is the prettiest shade of peachy pink and similar to Mary-Lou, does not contain obvious shimmer or glitter particles. I'm fair enough to be able to use this in place of blush, I just apply it a little higher than where I would normally apply blush. It smooth and blends nicely, however it is not as pigmented as Mary-Lou. This isn't a bad thing though as I imagine this wouldn't look too crash hot when over applied. With Mary-Lou I only really need a dab of the brush into the product, whereas with Cindy-Lou I need a few swipes. Not a problem! This lasts the majority of the day for me and as I am not the biggest fan of blush (on myself), I love that I can use this as a highlighter that provides me with subtle, pretty colour.

on 12/9/2014 3:29:00 PM

This product is amazing for ladies (and gents) with fair skin! I received a sample of this in my Birchbox last month, and have just recently purchased a full size replacement. It works best as a blush for me, and is my new HG blush!!! Just the right amount of pink, coupled with just right amount of peach to have me looking refreshed all day. If I'm not wearing this, I look like I am sick and/or tired. FYI..a little goes a long way!! I will definitely be repurchasing this item :-)

P.S. I took one lippie off for packaging. Although I absolutely LOVE the compact it comes in (very girly), it isn't very sturdy, and if dropped, the product would likely shatter.

on 10/31/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like other reviewers I have a fair complexion and this is too dark to use as a highlighter. This does make a very nice blush for pale and fair complexions. The shade is described as peachy pink, but it has just a hint of brown. The packaging is very nice, an actual metal tin and it has cute graphics. There's a lot of product for the money as well, honestly if you compare by weight some mid-end brands are better buys than drug store brands

Cindy Lou is a peachy pink shimmery shade that can be used for a highlight, blush or eye shadow.
I have pale skin so I can't use it as a highlighter on its own because it's so pigmented. I usually layer it with a matte peach or pink blush just to give it an extra oomph. It has a really soft and buttery formula and you can achieve a soft or intense look very easily.Cindy & Mary Lou both last all day aswell! I think this would look gorgeous on slightly darker skin tones. I prefer Mary Lou, simply because it looks amazing on pale skin as a highlighter.

Overall, another lovely product from thebalm. I would recommend if you have pale skin to check out Mary Lou but if you want a peachy pink healthy glow, then go for Cindy Lou!

P.S I have absolutely no idea why this is called 'The Contour Artist' because who contours with a shimmery peachy pink colour? Weird!

on 7/28/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was hoping this would act as a soft, pink-peach highlighter on my fair skin but it's actually too dark for me to use for that purpose. So I've been using it over some of my more matte blushes to add a little extra luminescence. There's enough pigment for it to be an actual blush for me but because of the sheen it's not very flattering on it's own. So with a light hand over a blush it gives some warmth and a pretty glow. The color is a warm, fleshy, peachy pink with a shine that looks like a strong, somewhat frosty pearl.

The texture is very soft and a little powdery so quite a bit picks up on my brush with just a gentle swirl in the pan. I have to use a light hand when applying it otherwise it goes on a little heavily. But it blends well so I can sheer it out easily. I'm not a fan of the packaging, which looks and feels cheap to me. I can appreciate that the brand's trying to do a retro vibe but I just don't like it.

For reference my skin is very pale (the lightest shade in every foundation range), neutral to cool toned, and normal to slightly dry or slightly combination depending on allergies and the weather. Because I don't have much use for it other than as a topper for another blush I chose that I wouldn't repurchase. But I think it's a nice product and would make a pretty highlighter for others. It's really a lovely color I just couldn't get it to work for me.

on 6/27/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love highlighters because my skin is really dry and so to bring some life back to my skin, is a big perk for me. This is really gorgeous. It has a mostly pink undertone, which I normally like. For some reason they look more natural on my skin. This goes just a hair to far on the pink side, which could probably work as a blush for fair skintones. This is also really easy to overdo. I really love the cute packaging and the price isn't over the top like some highlighters can be. I'd repurchase but it's not my favorite.

Top Rated TheBalm Products