TheBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer

4.1

on 1/27/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not as wowed by Cindy and most other thebalm products for a few reasons: The pigment does not seem as fine as Mary so it kind of sits on top of my skin and requires a lot of blending to mix decently atop both powder and foundation. It's kind of cakey so be sure to use only a small amount and build up in layers if needed. The plus side is that it should last practically forever.

The powder itself is pink gold, rendering it kind of peachy but it doesn't really have a lot of iridescence, at least not enough to be a very effective highlighter on my light-medium skin which leans neutral-warm. It looks unnatural on me no matter how I try to apply it. It's also too light to be used as a blush.

I think this could be a useful highlighter on med-dark to dark skin, and a subtle blush for fair skin, but it's not terribly useful as either for me. Just be sure to apply with a light hand and blend well so it doesn't cake up. It will last throughout a working day in the office so no problems there, and will still show through a touch up with powder as long as it's not too pigmented or matte.

on 1/7/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was so excited when I found out about this product! I quite enjoy Mary-Lou Manizer but have always lusted for a pink powder highlighter. This is the prettiest shade of peachy pink and similar to Mary-Lou, does not contain obvious shimmer or glitter particles. I'm fair enough to be able to use this in place of blush, I just apply it a little higher than where I would normally apply blush. It smooth and blends nicely, however it is not as pigmented as Mary-Lou. This isn't a bad thing though as I imagine this wouldn't look too crash hot when over applied. With Mary-Lou I only really need a dab of the brush into the product, whereas with Cindy-Lou I need a few swipes. Not a problem! This lasts the majority of the day for me and as I am not the biggest fan of blush (on myself), I love that I can use this as a highlighter that provides me with subtle, pretty colour.

on 12/9/2014 3:29:00 PM

This product is amazing for ladies (and gents) with fair skin! I received a sample of this in my Birchbox last month, and have just recently purchased a full size replacement. It works best as a blush for me, and is my new HG blush!!! Just the right amount of pink, coupled with just right amount of peach to have me looking refreshed all day. If I'm not wearing this, I look like I am sick and/or tired. FYI..a little goes a long way!! I will definitely be repurchasing this item :-)

P.S. I took one lippie off for packaging. Although I absolutely LOVE the compact it comes in (very girly), it isn't very sturdy, and if dropped, the product would likely shatter.

on 10/31/2014 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like other reviewers I have a fair complexion and this is too dark to use as a highlighter. This does make a very nice blush for pale and fair complexions. The shade is described as peachy pink, but it has just a hint of brown. The packaging is very nice, an actual metal tin and it has cute graphics. There's a lot of product for the money as well, honestly if you compare by weight some mid-end brands are better buys than drug store brands

on 10/13/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a bit too light to be a blush on me, and it's definitely too shimmery for day-wear, but it's a flattering highlighter for evening events. I love to use this as eyeshadow, but my favorite way to wear it is to take a huge, fluffy brush and apply it to my legs, arms, and décolletage. It's so much better than a lotion because there's no greasiness, and it lasts until I wash it off. I used to love BeneFit's "Kitten" powders, and I missed them until I found TheBalm's "Manizers". A little goes a long way, and you get quite a lot in the package.

Cindy Lou is a peachy pink shimmery shade that can be used for a highlight, blush or eye shadow.
I have pale skin so I can't use it as a highlighter on its own because it's so pigmented. I usually layer it with a matte peach or pink blush just to give it an extra oomph. It has a really soft and buttery formula and you can achieve a soft or intense look very easily.Cindy & Mary Lou both last all day aswell! I think this would look gorgeous on slightly darker skin tones. I prefer Mary Lou, simply because it looks amazing on pale skin as a highlighter.

Overall, another lovely product from thebalm. I would recommend if you have pale skin to check out Mary Lou but if you want a peachy pink healthy glow, then go for Cindy Lou!

P.S I have absolutely no idea why this is called 'The Contour Artist' because who contours with a shimmery peachy pink colour? Weird!

on 7/28/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was hoping this would act as a soft, pink-peach highlighter on my fair skin but it's actually too dark for me to use for that purpose. So I've been using it over some of my more matte blushes to add a little extra luminescence. There's enough pigment for it to be an actual blush for me but because of the sheen it's not very flattering on it's own. So with a light hand over a blush it gives some warmth and a pretty glow. The color is a warm, fleshy, peachy pink with a shine that looks like a strong, somewhat frosty pearl.

The texture is very soft and a little powdery so quite a bit picks up on my brush with just a gentle swirl in the pan. I have to use a light hand when applying it otherwise it goes on a little heavily. But it blends well so I can sheer it out easily. I'm not a fan of the packaging, which looks and feels cheap to me. I can appreciate that the brand's trying to do a retro vibe but I just don't like it.

For reference my skin is very pale (the lightest shade in every foundation range), neutral to cool toned, and normal to slightly dry or slightly combination depending on allergies and the weather. Because I don't have much use for it other than as a topper for another blush I chose that I wouldn't repurchase. But I think it's a nice product and would make a pretty highlighter for others. It's really a lovely color I just couldn't get it to work for me.

on 6/27/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love highlighters because my skin is really dry and so to bring some life back to my skin, is a big perk for me. This is really gorgeous. It has a mostly pink undertone, which I normally like. For some reason they look more natural on my skin. This goes just a hair to far on the pink side, which could probably work as a blush for fair skintones. This is also really easy to overdo. I really love the cute packaging and the price isn't over the top like some highlighters can be. I'd repurchase but it's not my favorite.

on 5/21/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this highlight to use when I don't want the brightness of Marilou. It still adds a lovely glow it's just not as much. It's pink based, and still very pigmented so don't go overboard when apply or it'll look terrible

on 5/8/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Ordered this from HauteLook for a discount price, and I super happy that I tried it and also super happy that it was discounted. Not at all the products fault, but when I opened it from the packaging it was shattered in a hundred pieces. I tried to salvage what I could. I really liked the coloring of this; however, I wish it had a little bit more sheen to it. I do think that this is more for fair/medium skin tones. I know after I self tan and I am on the darker side, it sometimes appears a bit gray on my skin.

It is a very sublte highighter taht could also been used as a shadow, or even an inner corner highlight. Again, I do like a little more sheen for my highlighters, but this does the job OK. I wouldn't purchase it again, because there are definitely other products out there that I like more, and some for even less money.

Top Rated TheBalm Products