TheBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer

4.1

I really like this product! It's like a combined blush and highlighter which looks really pretty for a settle every day-make up look. I often forget I have it though, but when I use it it's great!

I bought this after trying it at Kohls and I love it! This product pulls double duty as a shimmery highlighter and an eyeshadow. The texture is silky and provides a subtle highlight if used sparingly, or a more shimmery look if used more heavily. I really like the peachy-pink color - it is great to use in the corner of my eyes and along my brow-bone. I also use a tiny bit on the apples of my cheeks for a bit of shimmer.

i love this thang!!!
There is nothing like a beautiful highlight and this is that.. especially if youre young and in ur teens, or 20s. this is a frosty highlight but so pigmented with a ligght touch and soooooo worth the money! this will last you 40 years until ur grandkids graduation lol
i use a fan brush and swipe it gently over the highpoints of my cheeks and its really great.
i dont have becca shimmer perfector but i dont really get the urge to buy it and i do get shopping urges. i think that this gets the job done and it doesnt break me out. this is a staple in my makeup routine. packaging is cute and portable just dont drop it $14 sometimes less on ebay.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample size of this from a makeup subscription box and that was a couple of months ago. I have been using this since then and love it. I hit pan on it today and that made me really sad. I knew then that this was a for sure purchase for me as soon as this is gone. I really love the packaging on this. It is so adorable and has a modern retro look. I am a sucker for cute packaging for sure. As far as the color, it's a peachy golden shade and while it looks a little dark in the pan for my fair skin, but actually this is a great color for me and it goes on easily and looks pretty and gives me a luminous glow without obvious shimmer. I have used this for eyeshadow, for blush, for highlights, and in the center of my bottom lip over lipstick to add highlight and pout and it works great for all purposes. I am fair skinned so this works best as a blush for me. This does have golden shimmer in it but it does not come across as shimmery once you get it on. This blends so very well too and I really love this product. I am definitely buying this in the full size!

I have olive undertones, so it was kind of dumb of me to purchase this as a highlighter because of how much it stands out. However, this can be used as a glowy, understated blush. It gives a pretty sheen moreso than intense pigment and maybe adds a bit of peachy color. The packaging is cute and you get a lot of product for the money, so that's nice. If you do have more pink or peach-toned skin, this might just be up your alley. Even darker skin might benefit from this being a highlighter. Still, not all is lost if you're not quite the right shade to pull this off.

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

On my very fair skin it is too dark to be a real highlighter on my skin, but it makes a beautiful peachy-pink blush. I tend to apply it to add some extra wow to my blush and then also apply a little higher than my usual blush placement and it gives such a lovely glow!
I also adore the cute packaging and it seems to be reasonably sturdy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm not as wowed by Cindy and most other thebalm products for a few reasons: The pigment does not seem as fine as Mary so it kind of sits on top of my skin and requires a lot of blending to mix decently atop both powder and foundation. It's kind of cakey so be sure to use only a small amount and build up in layers if needed. The plus side is that it should last practically forever.

The powder itself is pink gold, rendering it kind of peachy but it doesn't really have a lot of iridescence, at least not enough to be a very effective highlighter on my light-medium skin which leans neutral-warm. It looks unnatural on me no matter how I try to apply it. It's also too light to be used as a blush.

I think this could be a useful highlighter on med-dark to dark skin, and a subtle blush for fair skin, but it's not terribly useful as either for me. Just be sure to apply with a light hand and blend well so it doesn't cake up. It will last throughout a working day in the office so no problems there, and will still show through a touch up with powder as long as it's not too pigmented or matte.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was so excited when I found out about this product! I quite enjoy Mary-Lou Manizer but have always lusted for a pink powder highlighter. This is the prettiest shade of peachy pink and similar to Mary-Lou, does not contain obvious shimmer or glitter particles. I'm fair enough to be able to use this in place of blush, I just apply it a little higher than where I would normally apply blush. It smooth and blends nicely, however it is not as pigmented as Mary-Lou. This isn't a bad thing though as I imagine this wouldn't look too crash hot when over applied. With Mary-Lou I only really need a dab of the brush into the product, whereas with Cindy-Lou I need a few swipes. Not a problem! This lasts the majority of the day for me and as I am not the biggest fan of blush (on myself), I love that I can use this as a highlighter that provides me with subtle, pretty colour.

This product is amazing for ladies (and gents) with fair skin! I received a sample of this in my Birchbox last month, and have just recently purchased a full size replacement. It works best as a blush for me, and is my new HG blush!!! Just the right amount of pink, coupled with just right amount of peach to have me looking refreshed all day. If I'm not wearing this, I look like I am sick and/or tired. FYI..a little goes a long way!! I will definitely be repurchasing this item :-)

P.S. I took one lippie off for packaging. Although I absolutely LOVE the compact it comes in (very girly), it isn't very sturdy, and if dropped, the product would likely shatter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like other reviewers I have a fair complexion and this is too dark to use as a highlighter. This does make a very nice blush for pale and fair complexions. The shade is described as peachy pink, but it has just a hint of brown. The packaging is very nice, an actual metal tin and it has cute graphics. There's a lot of product for the money as well, honestly if you compare by weight some mid-end brands are better buys than drug store brands

Top Rated TheBalm Products