Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

3.3

on 4/14/2015 11:37:00 PM

I have very long eyelashes, but it takes a very good mascara to actually make them look perfect. I've looked everywhere to find that perfect mascara, and I've found it ! I'm in LOVE with this mascara !! it goes on nice and makes my eyelashes seem longer than what they really are... which Is what its suppose to do.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have tried quite a few different mascaras—including many others from Maybelline—and this one is by far my favorite. I originally saw it on a YouTube video (don't remember which), and since my current mascara was drying out, I decided to try this one. I got mine from Target for $6.49, I believe, and I got it in waterproof black. (I know there are two or three shades of the waterproof black, but to me, black is black, and I've never been able to tell the difference between what a company calls "black" and "blackest black." I just pick one that's black and waterproof.) It claims to be able to "lengthen lashes up to 16X" and volumize them.

Upon first opening it, I was wary because the product looked thick, and so was the brush. I was worried it would cake up or clump my lashes together. When I actually put it on, though, I was surprised that it looked fairly natural. I curled my lashes first (because mine stick straight out) and then put the product on, and I love how it looks. It both lengthened and volumized my lashes, but it still looks pretty natural. I doubt it lengthened them 16X, but they are definitely longer and look more voluminous. It doesn't flake off for me, it's easy to remove with waterproof makeup remover, and the waterproof formula doesn't budge, even after swimming in a chlorine-filled pool. I've had the same tube for most of this school year, and although it has dried some, it's still plenty usable and does its job. I will definitely repurchase!

on 3/30/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara after watching a Jaclyn Hill video and thought that I would love it. I do like it on those days where mascara is the only makeup I wear but it really doesn't give me those massive lashes. The wand is a good volumizing size but almost too big to even comb lower lashes. Formula is very wet too. I like it, but just not my holy grail.

on 3/29/2015 12:30:00 AM

I first heard about this when I was watching a YouTube video (I think it was Tati's). We don't get the full Maybelline range in Singapore so I could never find it. When I saw it on a trip to Tokyo, I grabbed one tube and now I wish I got more! The mascara does clump if you get too much on, so I always try to get as much excess product off as possible before applying it. But it thickens my lashes like no other mascara I've tried and holds a curl beautifully. Yes, it's not the easiest to remove but I double cleanse anyway, so I normally get most it off. Only problem is I'll probably only be able to get it on my next holiday. ):

on 3/23/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This mascara flakes, and did not lengthen; did not stay on
my work day. The applicator was horrible - bristles flattened.
Never ever will buy this ever again

on 3/22/2015 4:45:00 PM

I have bought 2 tubes of this and on both of them the applicator seperated form the top part of the tube. First one happend about week after buying it, second one happened the 2nd time I used it. I have used great lash a long time and never had a problem. Will not buy this product again.

on 2/22/2015 2:47:00 AM

This stuff was so dry, clumpy, and flaky I couldn't make it work for even one day.

on 2/20/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The mascara has a very dry formula. This isn't a problem for some but for me personally i don't like dry formula. I have very straight and short asian lashes. The mascara can hold a curl for a whole day but there is not much volume. The formula isn't the same like the yellow colossal mascara. This is not my favourite mascara and it just too dry for me

on 2/11/2015 9:44:00 PM

I love this mascara! It lengthens and volumizes my lashes.. I curl my lashes first before applying and it keeps them curled all day with minimal flaking. My only complaint is that I work 12 hour shifts and by the time my shift is over it's starts to burn and irritate my eyes. I have oily skin and my lids tend to get very oily so maybe that could be the reason for that..? Other than that, it's perfect! Better than high end mascaras that I've tried and it's cheap!

on 2/11/2015 4:02:00 PM

This made my lashes look nice for a while, until it started flaking off. There are better mascaras out there.