December 27, 2014 | 1736 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Extremely easy to build volume and length with this one quickly. Gives a nice wide-eyed look. I do like the fat brush, its shape makes it less unwieldy than other similar brushes...but it emerges from the tube with globs of mascara on it and will clump if you're not careful. The corners are hard to coat without smudging too. I picked the darkest color they offered, but it's more of a soft black than a true inky black, which is what I want. It flakes a lot too, and I'm not quite sure it lasts long at all (not in the habit of checking my mascara during the day like lipstick or oiliness). Overall a 3.5 and I'm on to the next one when my tube is finito.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by makeupSAVi

EHH.. It is ok.. This product is good for only one thing and that is volume. It chucks pretty easily if you out on more than 2 coats and sometimes it will even start at 2 coats. The brush is big so it's not super easy to apply. It also gives off a very spidery look, but it is good at giving volume and length.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by newbri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

when i first bought this, I wasn't impressed. I felt like it did nothing for me. I did notice that it made my lashes feel fairly soft though, which I liked. I tried it again today, and, wow! allows me to build length without it looking heavy and clumpy... I cannot believe I was about to hide this away in a drawer... love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lucielalaland

This is a flattering very black voluminizing mascara that doesn't smudge and flake. A drawback for me is that it dries soft and doesn't hold a curl well. The brush is very fat and makes application in the corners of the eyes and lower lashes a bit difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlash1104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love!!! I have been seeing this advertised in all my magazines so when I saw it on sale for $6.99 last night, I snagged one in Black Black. Can't say enough about it. I can't wear my glasses at work today if that tells you anything. I don't layer per se, I just apply for about 20 seconds, no stopping. My lashes are ridiculously gorgeous, fat and full and long today! I need to remember to wear my contacts tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by carlislestyles

I like this mascara if I really want my eyelashes to pop, but I don't like that I have to use more than just this mascara if I wand volume AND the length, and coming from a girl with really long, full lashes. If you're lazy, as I mostly am in mornings, you would not like the process to this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by yaniramonsivais

lovely mascara, with perfect effect just hate that during the school day (8 hrs) it usually flakes off horribly and its all under my eyes, really love the mascara's effect but it really gets to me that it is pretty flakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by misterashley

Needed a new mascara and bought this on impulse. Which is nota big deal. It's a good price. But the product itself was no use for my lashes. Even after layering a few coats, my eyelashes still looked thin. I would not be purchasing again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this because of the great reviews I heard. Maybelline mascara for me also have been great quality in the past. I have to say, this one didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, the brush of it is huge and very clumpy, and it takes on too much of the product. Also, it makes my lashes look like spider legs, and it draws my lashes far apart from each other. As for the price, it's pretty cheap at Target, where I got it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite mascara...for now. This one got a Paula's Pick rating on Beautypedia so of course I had to try it, plus I love the color of the tube. As usual, when I first got it, it was too wet and made my lashes stick together but its been about a week now and its dried up enough that its easier to work with. This gives me length and a little bit of volume with the first coat and lots of volume on the second coat. It doesn't flake but its super easy to take off. Not too crunchy either. Has the potential to be clumpy but thats the risk with drier mascaras.

I really like the football shaped brush, its great for getting the corners. The only downside is I have to be really careful in a application if I want the feathery look I like in a mascara. If I go too fast I get that more "defined" spiky lash look which isn't terrible but just not what I prefer.