Maybelline Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

3.2

on 6/21/2015 3:43:00 AM

I bought this out of curiosity since I love the maybelline cat eyes mascara in waterproof. The bottle itself is really cute and I liked that the formula was on the drier side since it hold my curled eyelashes, but what I found was that the formula was actually too dry for me and unworkable. The brush itself is too big for even my big eyes and it doesn't allow you to apply the product well. I really wanted to like it, but I think if they would have used a smaller curved brush, I would have loved it.

on 6/15/2015 1:01:00 PM

It's better than most mascaras. But what I didn't like about this one in particular was the wand, it was too big & ended up making the application of this messy, especially on the lower lashes. There are better ones available by the same company, so I wouldn't get this again..

on 6/13/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Packaging: HUGE brush. I guess that's why it's called Colossal? But the problem with the brush is that it's so big that when I swipe it on my lashes, it goes all over my lids! They ruin my eyeshadow and that is pretty annoying.

Formula: I like the colour of it and the texture. Not too wet/dry, it's perfect. But, it smudges on me. I have the waterproof version but it still smudges. W/p Maybelline mascara products that I've tried before don't smudge on me, only this :(

Performance: Gives such great elongation! This makes my lashes very long and noticeable. It doesn't do well with thickening, but for length, this is perfect. It's also clump-proof. I've tried to do two coats today and I didn't experience any clumping!

Price: Got it for 6.99 CAD on sale at SDM. I only buy mascaras when they're on sale and I think that's a good price.

Overall: Although I loved the length this mascara gave me, I would NOT repurchase it because it smudges on me and application is a pain, especially as the brush's size causes the mascara to get all over my eyelid.

on 6/13/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Hated this. Really hated this. The brush is so frigging big and I don't like the fact that it almost poked me in the eyes. And it broke off the wand after two days. Formula is wet and most of it on the weird wand. Threw this one away.

based on the packaging and advertising, i purchased this and couldn't wait to try it. GARBAGE. Did literally NOTHING for my lashes. I just don't get it.......I think they have NERVE calling this colossal and pumped up lol......omgosh this is such garbage. please save your money and if you want longer lashes and fuller lashes, I highly recommend all the L'oreal mascaras......honestly you can't go wrong with any in their line !!! I've tried ALL mascaras probably....I have used the highest to the cheapest and I truly believe that L'oreal and Lancome are the BEST. Again, THIS COLOSSAL PUMPED UP IS A JOKE!!!!!!

on 6/10/2015 1:24:00 AM

This mascara is dry. everyone states it is wet formula, who are you kidding! this is such a dry formula . I prefer wetter formula this does fan out your lashes but it is horrible . this is just not for me . I prefer L'Oréal 's mascara as they are wet formula. no more leaving my one and only love (L'Oréal )

on 6/5/2015 12:11:00 AM

Ever since they took the classic volume express off the market I've been searching for a perfect mascara. I liked the pumped one better than any of them. It gives me good volume and length. Also it usually takes me nine coats because of my thin lashes, this one coats my lashes better than any of the others. I love how the formula is drier (not wet,but after drying on lashes), I loved the Rocket mascara, but I was losing lashes due to it's sticky tar like formula after drying. This leaves my lashes soft and dry, instead of sticky. The regular collasal was great but the pumped made my lashes a lot longer, thicker, and fanned out. It's now my new everyday mascara. I just started using it so I don't know how long the bottle takes before it thickens and drys out, hopefully not soon. The only con is that it's difficult to remove the waterproof, but not a big deal, better than it smearing and being sticky. I love it.

Edited: Although I loved this mascara, it dried out within a week. (Not exaggerating) And I don't mean a little thick and dry like most mascaras, I mean completely dry to the point where there's no more in the tube. The bristles on the wand are even laying flat because the product is dried and caked on. I've seen some mascaras dry out but not like this. The regular colassal is so much better.

on 5/31/2015 1:38:00 PM

For me this is a decent mascara. In my opinion it is a more dryer formula, and it didn't take long for it to dry out and get flaky. For me it doesn't lengethen or voluminous much for my lashes but it doesn't clump up fast which is good. I do think the brush is a little big and hard to manuver. Overall it's decent.

on 5/25/2015 5:23:00 AM

It's a decent mascara but the wand is SO big which makes it hard to work with. You have to be really careful, or it will end up on your lids. I will use it up but wont repurchase.

on 4/14/2015 11:37:00 PM

I have very long eyelashes, but it takes a very good mascara to actually make them look perfect. I've looked everywhere to find that perfect mascara, and I've found it ! I'm in LOVE with this mascara !! it goes on nice and makes my eyelashes seem longer than what they really are... which Is what its suppose to do.