November 22, 2014 | 885 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lucielalaland

This is a flattering very black voluminizing mascara that doesn't smudge and flake. A drawback for me is that it dries soft and doesn't hold a curl well. The brush is very fat and makes application in the corners of the eyes and lower lashes a bit difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlash1104

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love!!! I have been seeing this advertised in all my magazines so when I saw it on sale for $6.99 last night, I snagged one in Black Black. Can't say enough about it. I can't wear my glasses at work today if that tells you anything. I don't layer per se, I just apply for about 20 seconds, no stopping. My lashes are ridiculously gorgeous, fat and full and long today! I need to remember to wear my contacts tomorrow!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by carlislestyles

I like this mascara if I really want my eyelashes to pop, but I don't like that I have to use more than just this mascara if I wand volume AND the length, and coming from a girl with really long, full lashes. If you're lazy, as I mostly am in mornings, you would not like the process to this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by yaniramonsivais

lovely mascara, with perfect effect just hate that during the school day (8 hrs) it usually flakes off horribly and its all under my eyes, really love the mascara's effect but it really gets to me that it is pretty flakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by misterashley

Needed a new mascara and bought this on impulse. Which is nota big deal. It's a good price. But the product itself was no use for my lashes. Even after layering a few coats, my eyelashes still looked thin. I would not be purchasing again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this because of the great reviews I heard. Maybelline mascara for me also have been great quality in the past. I have to say, this one didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, the brush of it is huge and very clumpy, and it takes on too much of the product. Also, it makes my lashes look like spider legs, and it draws my lashes far apart from each other. As for the price, it's pretty cheap at Target, where I got it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite mascara...for now. This one got a Paula's Pick rating on Beautypedia so of course I had to try it, plus I love the color of the tube. As usual, when I first got it, it was too wet and made my lashes stick together but its been about a week now and its dried up enough that its easier to work with. This gives me length and a little bit of volume with the first coat and lots of volume on the second coat. It doesn't flake but its super easy to take off. Not too crunchy either. Has the potential to be clumpy but thats the risk with drier mascaras.

I really like the football shaped brush, its great for getting the corners. The only downside is I have to be really careful in a application if I want the feathery look I like in a mascara. If I go too fast I get that more "defined" spiky lash look which isn't terrible but just not what I prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

My new hg foundation . Made my lashes separated with volume ,even after 2 coats .I love the formula . It's not too dry not too wet . Only maybelline mascara that I like I usually go for loreal , I thought I liked loreal telescopic and the original voluminous , boy was I wrong they made my lashes look horrible . This eats all of them .easy to wash off with just soap and water will repurchase . *knock on wood* LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I loved this mascara. It made my lashes nice and long without looking too spider-ish. Sadly the formula dries out really fast! Like I didn't even have it a month. Also the tube is awkward and hard to close all the way, which may have had some reason to do with the drying . Not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You get your money's worth with this mascara. Having said that, it's not that expensive LOL. I picked it up because I was fed up with my EL Sumptuous mascara (way too wet, and not a lot of results besides stuck-together lashes).

I love Colossal mascara (in the yellow tube), and I figured if this is an offshoot of that one, it's probably pretty good. It's OK. I disagree with some of the other reviewers - that the brush is too big/wierd, and that it's too wet. That's not my experience. It takes me about 4 coats to get my lashes to look like I want them too - way too much work. And they don't look all that full and long, just a so-so. Using a primer helps, but I still don't get the lush, long look I'm hoping for.

In summary - this mascara is OK. You won't hate it. But I'm still trying to find a mascara that makes me look like I have a lot of lashes, not a lot of mascara. The search continues.