October 23, 2014 | 1893 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Pumped Up! Colossal

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this because of the great reviews I heard. Maybelline mascara for me also have been great quality in the past. I have to say, this one didn't live up to my expectations. First of all, the brush of it is huge and very clumpy, and it takes on too much of the product. Also, it makes my lashes look like spider legs, and it draws my lashes far apart from each other. As for the price, it's pretty cheap at Target, where I got it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite mascara...for now. This one got a Paula's Pick rating on Beautypedia so of course I had to try it, plus I love the color of the tube. As usual, when I first got it, it was too wet and made my lashes stick together but its been about a week now and its dried up enough that its easier to work with. This gives me length and a little bit of volume with the first coat and lots of volume on the second coat. It doesn't flake but its super easy to take off. Not too crunchy either. Has the potential to be clumpy but thats the risk with drier mascaras.

I really like the football shaped brush, its great for getting the corners. The only downside is I have to be really careful in a application if I want the feathery look I like in a mascara. If I go too fast I get that more "defined" spiky lash look which isn't terrible but just not what I prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

My new hg foundation . Made my lashes separated with volume ,even after 2 coats .I love the formula . It's not too dry not too wet . Only maybelline mascara that I like I usually go for loreal , I thought I liked loreal telescopic and the original voluminous , boy was I wrong they made my lashes look horrible . This eats all of them .easy to wash off with just soap and water will repurchase . *knock on wood* LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I loved this mascara. It made my lashes nice and long without looking too spider-ish. Sadly the formula dries out really fast! Like I didn't even have it a month. Also the tube is awkward and hard to close all the way, which may have had some reason to do with the drying . Not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You get your money's worth with this mascara. Having said that, it's not that expensive LOL. I picked it up because I was fed up with my EL Sumptuous mascara (way too wet, and not a lot of results besides stuck-together lashes).

I love Colossal mascara (in the yellow tube), and I figured if this is an offshoot of that one, it's probably pretty good. It's OK. I disagree with some of the other reviewers - that the brush is too big/wierd, and that it's too wet. That's not my experience. It takes me about 4 coats to get my lashes to look like I want them too - way too much work. And they don't look all that full and long, just a so-so. Using a primer helps, but I still don't get the lush, long look I'm hoping for.

In summary - this mascara is OK. You won't hate it. But I'm still trying to find a mascara that makes me look like I have a lot of lashes, not a lot of mascara. The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AmethystJewel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far the best mascara I have ever purchased from the drug store. This mascara gives great volume and length to your lashes, without any clumping or flaking off. I bought the waterproof version and a regular one. I like to wear the waterproof one when I know I'll be swimming in the Summer.
The brush is really big and seemed odd at first but the tip is thinner for getting the lashes at the edges too and the bottom lashes.
Perfect mascara! Adds volume, length, easy to use, inexpensive, and isn't one bit clumpy!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kayelem

This mascara adds good volume to the lashes. The brush was easy to use. The waterproof version is not waterproof and wound up giving me panda eyes. I was not impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by shaylayxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brush is WAY too big!! It's hard to use for me and gets all over my eyelid. Also, the formula is a bit wet. It does volumize though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fall prey to Maybelline's frequent releases of "new" mascaras only because I know I can return them. I need to stop, because only one has ever been any success (Rocket Volume). IMO Maybelline keeps releasing gimmicky new mascaras that are almost the same product except for something silly like this "double shot" brush. What a farce. I think that is bunk, that the stem of the brush has anything to do with volumizing lashes. Anyway, I am always hoping for a surprise HG at the drugstore, so I tried this one. It is so mediocre. Doesn't thicken, lengthens a bit...it doesn't clump but I actually prefer drier, clumpier formulas in order to get some volume. It also wilts my curl a fair bit. Really underwhelming.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfreakk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard a lot of hype about this mascara, so I went to my local shoppers drug mart to buy it. It turned out to be $12-$13 - a bit pricey for a maybelline mascara I put it down, and bought my current favourite- maybelline "the rocket" volumizing mascara for about $8. A month or so later, I was at target and wanted a new mascara- for layering. I found this one, again but for $7. I went home to test it out, and I'm not a fan. First off, the formula is very wet and sticky. The bottle does absolutely nothing to help remove excess product, and when combined with the huge brush, I get a big, gloppy sticky mess on my eye lashes- and lids. The brush is much too big, which means that I get the mascara everywhere. I get terrible clumps, even when I wipe some product off of the wand with a tissue, which is a big waste, especially since the brush holds so much product. My one good point however, is it's not too bad once I layer it with my favourite maybelline mascara- the rocket. It is still sorta clumpy though. I'll check back in a week or so, to see if the formula's gotten better. But for now, I give this product 2/5 and will not repurchase/ recommend. I'm very disappointed, I had high hopes when buying this after hearing such good feedback.