September 20, 2014 | 1716 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eyeshadow, Smashing Starlit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I alone in thinking this is smashbox's answer to MACs satin taupe?
I swatched them and they both show up so similar that I can't believe nobody has pointed that out. maybe it's just on my skintone or something. Anyways....love it. Beautiful and blendable. very neutral for everyday but can easily punch it up a notch for night. on me it's a greyish, beigy taupe..very high shine and maybe the slightest hint of lilac. applied lightly it gives a nice wash. and got it on ebay for 4 bucks so YAY! It's apparently LE so will have to stock up. would rather pay 4 bucks than 17 for satin taupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by BolshoiBallerina

This is one of my favourite Smashbox shadows. It's a stunning shimmery sheer taupe neutral with slight lavender/mauve undertones. It since has been discontinued but can still be found on Ebay for under $10. I am NC20 with brown eyes and Starlit works well for me as a lid shade. As with all Smashbox eyeshadows, the texture is velvety and it applies very smoothly. Nicely pigmented. The only con is that it comes in a screw-top lid, which is a bit annoying if you're in a rush, but you can always depot it and place it into a palette for convenience.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

DISCONTINUED - whaaaaa!!! I am stunned that I never reviewed this eyeshadow considering I use it daily. Oh well, doesn't matter what I type now!

If you're looking for a pretty close replacement, try Lorac Reverie - not quite as shimmery, but overall a good replacement for Starlit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is another eye shadow I always come back to. It pops my blue eyes like nothing else! I love the neutrals smashbox offers! : )

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cherryorchard

This is my HG eyeshadow, hands down. I've already repurchased several times - it's worth every penny. I have dark brown eyes, fair skin and dark brown hair, and this looks amazing on me. The texture, staying power and amazing ability to match everything makes it an absolute staple in my makeup wardrobe. I panic if I get close to running out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG of greys for green eyed people!!! It's a neutral mauve-grey, with lots of shimmer, but not overly sparkly. Unlike other colours designed for green eyes, this one isn't bright purple or violet, but it is definately high impact. This shadow is quite simply gorgeous and easily stands on it's own. When I wear it I usually add a bit of SB cream liner along the lash line, blended with the Starlit colour and it's lovely.
I love the Smashbox pots because you can easily see the colour, unlike my other shadows that must either be opened or turned over in order to see which shade is inside.
Yes, it's pricey, but worth it when considering the colour, shimmer and easy use. I wear this one whenever my wardrobe calls for a grey or a cool colour, winter or summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

I love this shadow. I'm a PPP with blue eyes and this looks really nice on me...it's shimmery but not over-the-top. I pair this shade with Urban Decay's Sin, and it looks beautiful. I'm not crazy about the screw top container...I wish it had a flip-top like Urban Decay's shadows. But I'm willing to overlook that minor flaw because this is such a nice shadow. This is the first Smashbox product I've ever bought, and I'll definitely be trying more in the future. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Starlit is a pretty shimmery taupe with a hint of lilac undertone. Very pretty. Nice nuetral crease or lid shade. Retails for $16 and comes in a small pot with twist off lid. Shadow is nicely pigmented, easy to blend lasts all day with a shadow base.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2004 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Twikki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this shadow along with Flirt (see review) and I really love the combination, but this lovely darker taupe neutral will go nicely with many colors. Im a PPP so this is a great smokey eye shadow for me. As with all SB shadows, the shimmer is tasteful, it lasts, color blends well and is easily buildable. The line has limited color selection but the quality of their formulations make them worth the $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2003 10:28:00 PM More reviews by TiCklshGiRL

Starlit is a beautiful color. Pretty much can go with any color. Easy to blend, goes on sheer. It's a browinsh shimmer. Looks nothing like the color displayed on sephora.com. Beautiful color, love it.