Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil

3.8

on 7/12/2015 6:52:00 PM

I have this in the shade "Always Cherry" which is a really sheer shade of cherry red. It's great on the cheeks, and it lasts pretty long on the cheeks as a cheek stain. But when you put it on your lips, you constantly have to reapply and it fades and wears off easily. It's a really natural and pretty color, and it smells very citrus-y. Sometimes, when you apply it, you get one rolled up ball of pigment or something like that, but it's not big of a deal for me. I doesn't moisturize my lips, but it's not too drying. My lips kind of stay the same, but just a little drier.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing and it was nice on my cheeks, but not so nice on my lips.

on 6/22/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love how this blush just glided in my skin. My cheeks had a nice glow to them after applying this and it didn't look cakey or exaggerate my pores like some blushes do. The only thing is I wish it lasted a little longer. It faded through out the day.

on 5/25/2015 3:51:00 PM

Really like this I like the texture and it blends amazingly it gives a very glowy natural flush and it's moisturizering on both the lips and cheeks. But apply it a little at a time because it can get very heavy so I would start small and build it up

on 5/22/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a long long time, my "everyday" makeup has included a lip stain; and, if I wear blush, the matching cheek stain. I've tried every brand I've ever seen, and I've never fallen in love with any one of them. Argan Infinity Lip/Cheek has spoiled me for just about any other makeup. Having oily skin, I was concerned that this would be a grease-fest, but afte using this for about a week, I think it's made for oily/combo skin. It has the texture of a "serum-to-powder" liquid. It leaves behind a stain that lasts all day, on lips and cheeks, but it does not have any residue of moisture. Unlike other stains (liquids and gels), it doesn't leave little dots on my cheeks, and it moisturizes, rather than dries-out, my lips. I even sleep with this on my lips for overnight moisture (and I look relatively good in the morning with a flush of color). This is the best lip/cheek stain I could possibly imagine, and I'm thrilled that I've "finally found" the perfect makeup. I have this in Always Cherry, which is an incredibly natural-looking color on my warm olive skin. I also have Endless Guava which is a zingy, summery coral-red. All the colors are utterly gorgeous, and I look forward to buying them all!

on 5/19/2015 1:54:00 PM

makeup hoarders/artists/experts would probably rate this lower than the average person because there are better versions of this type of product. however, this is a great multi-use product for the type of gal that has a smaller makeup collection. I'm neither an expert or a beginner, but I do enjoy this product. I purchased it in the color Timeless Coral

pros:
- multi-use product for both your cheeks and lips.
- packaging. it comes in a squeeze tube, so it is hygienic
- because it is an oil/cream, you don't have to worry about it drying out like most cream blushes that are in a pan/compact.
- I find its best applied with your middle and ring fingers. dab it onto your cheekbones.
- it gives a natural glow and radiance to the skin
- it doesn't move your foundation underneath, as long as your not wiping it onto your skin. gently dab

cons:
- its not long-wearing. realistically, this is a product you need to touch up if you want it to last. but the upside is that its small and compact enough to keep in your purse
- it could be more pigmented but its probably because it is part oil

I would recommend this product. Its now spring, summer coming up. and this is the perfect time for this kind of cheek/lip product.

on 4/23/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

For a healthy, natural glow, this is lovely! The coral shade is nearly identical to bareMinerals Pop of Passion blush in Papaya, but Josie Maran's pops more, yet looks more natural and gives more of a glow (from the oil). I put one on each cheek and asked several people's opinion - all agreed on Josie Maran's. I have combo/oily olive skin and have worn Sonia Kashuk's Perfecting Luminous Foundation with this blush - it looks like I have no make up on but have great skin (which I don't!!!).
Yes, it is oily - I thought it would never work on my skin. The trick to avoid squeezing out too much oil at the start is to squish it around in the tube a bit before opening, to mix it all up. It smells a bit fruity (which I normally don't like), but it's bearable. It gives a BEAUTIFUL - absolutely gorgeous - healthy, natural glow in the sunlight, and after 12 hours it still looks great! On lips it's pretty...lasts less than 2 hours. Normally I have to layer creme blushes with powder to get any staying power, but not this one.
I'm in a temperate climate now - not dry nor humid. I bought this for travel to a very dry climate. I don't think it would work well in high humidity - think oil slick!

on 3/21/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The color was beautiful in each of these. But there were more cons then pros. The color separates from the oil and I had to kind of pinch the tube around to make sure color would come out. Not only that but even if you did get good color, the application was easy enough but this oil wouldn't be good over foundation. Once you put it on your skin, trying to blend it out makes the color practically disappear. You have to apply many layers to build color (which some may like) the lasting power is nice on the cheeks but terrible on the lips. Now it's not a terrible product. If you don't wear a base and you want something hydrating, this is a decent choice. It's so strange because like the reviewer below me said, it does dry nicely on the cheeks and although I found it didn't dry to a powder, the color still stayed nicely for hours but the cool part is it stayed very hydrating and oily on my lips and that's why it didn't last in that aspect.

on 2/20/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

For a long long time, my "everyday" makeup has included a lip stain; and, if I wear blush, the matching cheek stain. I've tried every brand I've ever seen, and I've never fallen in love with any one of them. Argan Infinity Lip/Cheek has spoiled me for just about any other makeup. Having oily skin, I was concerned that this would be a grease-fest, but afte using this for about a week, I think it's made for oily/combo skin. It has the texture of a "serum-to-powder" liquid. It leaves behind a stain that lasts all day, on lips and cheeks, but it does not have any residue of moisture. Unlike other stains (liquids and gels), it doesn't leave little dots on my cheeks, and it moisturizes, rather than dries-out, my lips. I even sleep with this on my lips for overnight moisture (and I look relatively good in the morning with a flush of color). This is the best lip/cheek stain I could possibly imagine, and I'm thrilled that I've "finally found" the perfect makeup. I have this in Always Cherry, which is an incredibly natural-looking color on my warm olive skin. All the colors are utterly gorgeous, and I look forward to buying them all!

on 2/17/2015 8:14:00 PM

Limitless Pink is a gorgeous flush of pink on my lips, just enough to make them look plumper and healthier without seeming overdone. . The scent/flavor is almost citrusy and inoffensive to me, and while the lasting power isn't great, I didn't expect it to be so no complaints there. As for moisturizing properties, it isn't the worst I've tried but it is far from the best, but if my lips are already in good shape, then this doesn't make them worse. I do agree with the advertising that states that this is a non-greasy product, but it isn't necessarily "hydrating" or "nourishing" as it also claims. In short, for me this is definitely a makeup product, not a lipcare one.

The reason I only gave it three lippies is that as other reviewers have mentioned, this stuff separates like crazy. So even though I shake the tube before opening it and squeezing out the product, what inevitably comes out is just a thin oil, no color. I have to keep squeezing for the color to start coming out, and when it does it's a bit thick (since the oil came out already). Then I need to reshake it to try and even it out. For a product that is supposed to be quick and easy, this one takes far too much time. Moreover, the packaging, while adorable, is terrible -- the neck of the tube cracked, even though the tube is handled very gently, and so now it leaks whenever I try to get product out of it. For the price, I find this pretty shoddy for both the product and the packaging. Such a shame, since the color so lovely.

Note: I bought this product solely to use on my lips, so I can't attest to its usefulness as a blush.

on 2/10/2015 8:05:00 PM

I like it. It's moisturising, it very highly pigmented and it does last well on my cheeks for a good 6-8 hours ( though reapplication is necessary on lips about every two ).
It doesn't aggravate the acne on my cheeks and works well on both bare skin and foundation.

I have the colours Boundless Berry and Always cherry, and on my pale skin they impart a lovely 'just been for a run' glow.

Another Josie Maran product I'm very happy with and I will be repurchasing.

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products