July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Infinity Cheek and Lip Creamy Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff *so* much. I got it in Limitless Pink and it's the perfect medium pink shade. When used on lips, it gives me that perfect, lush, semi-bright but still everyday wearable pink shade. The elusive shade that had me going through numerous products trying to achieve the look I wanted. The only problem is that, on the lips, it doesn't last long. Sigh. But the packaging is pretty and I like the scent of it so I really don't mind reapplying.
I do also use on cheeks and it's very pretty there as well. I adore multi-use products.
It does separate a bit if you haven't used it in a few days but all cream-in-a-tube products do that. I am tempted to pick up another shade, maybe Everlasting Honey?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have zero dislikes for this product. I own three colors, so far: Everlasting Honey (EH) & Boundless Berry (BB) & Endless Guava (EG). For $18 you receive a generous 0.5 oz of product. The tube is convenient and sanitary.

I am vegetarian and attempt to ensure my health and beauty products are: - eco - animal - organic- friendly, responsibly packaged and when possible, locally made. Josie's products check all of those boxes for me.

EH is a pink nude, extremely neutral and easy to wear with many makeup looks.
BB is a deep magenta which can look like a stain or very bold depending on application.
EG is a perfect pink/red blend. I have olive skin and think it looks best on my lips.

A wise word about the BB and EG colors: these deeper pigmented shades have to possibility to go from 0 to Bozo rather quickly on the cheeks. Put your finger over the cap and give it a gentle squeeze. That color dot that remains as you pull your finger away? That's how much you need for your cheek. Feel free though, to go bananas with your lips.

I travel a lot and spend time at the beach and hiking and prefer products I can carry and apply easily. I enjoy the argan infinity sticks but they're too big for my purse, so these travel with me the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first Josie Maran product I've ever owned, tried, and loved!
I have the shade Endless Guava. Said to be a vibrant poppy on the Sephora website, which I do agree with. I originally wanted Limitless Pink, but last minute decided to go for this shade because these are somewhat sheer so I wanted a darker shade. Also I wanted to branch out for Summer and choose a more pinky peach almost orange color. So glad I did!
I use this on my cheeks and lips constantly! I love cream products whether it's bronzer, blush, highlighters, or eyeshadows. I use the Real Techniques hot pink stippling brush especially for this when applying to my cheeks. I usually get a small amount of product on the back of my hand and rub all over with the brush and then transfer the remaining of it onto my face, which is more then enough, but still enough to stay ALL DAY. I also apply a tiny tiny amount to my lips to complete my look.
Perfect for summer days or nights, events, or if you just want some color on your face when running around town! Highly recommend. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems these vary by color - I have the coral.

The only con is that - this is NOT CORAL. It's warm pink. Reminded me of orgasm a bit.

I have very, very fair skin and I think the pigmentation is perfect. I could do a very subtle look or build it for more intensity. It looks very natural. This would not be pigmented enough for medium or dark skin tones.

I've used the josie creamy argan oil moisturizer for a while. I've since found better moisturizers, but I still like the formula quite a bit, and jumped at these. I like that this gives my cheeks an extra moisturizing punch.

I love the texture. It feels like a light Vaseline and gives such a nice glow. It's SO simple to blend and get the perfect blended look. I also like I don't need to worry about powdering my cheeks before applying the color because I hate powder! The great application is my favorite and staying power is great too.

I haven't tried this on my lips, idk why it seems more of a blush because it just isn't tacky enough to have any staying powder on lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was very curious about this new addition to the Josie Maran product line. I own and love several of her products, so I always wanted to try her new ones.
I like jm infinity creamy oil, but not this creamy cheek and lip one. For reference, I got it in endless pink, and while the color is very nice on my lips and cheek, the creamy oil is exactly as name states -oil. If you don't know that is Argan oill you would think that that some clown loaded vaseline with uneven coloring on he/her chees. Awfully qreasy clownish look. Unless, maybe that's your goal.
I have very dry skin, so I cannot imagine someone with oily or dry skin using it. You can get the same effect by using any oil and blush. Why waste $18?. Not a very good look, which can be replicated at home for free.
In addition, tube only really works for oily cream, not for colored products. There is no easy way to control the amount of greasy mess that comes out in blobs.
Having noticed all the failings of this oil as a blush, I do enjoy it as a lip gloss. It feels nice, smells nice. its staying power is not very decent, which is understandable for such an oily stain. Just drinking a bit of tea, the color all but disappeared.
There is no reason to purchase this oil if you already have jm Argan Oil. You can achieve the same results by simply patting a tiny drop of Argan oil on dry lips, before or after applying your favorite lip product, which you probably already have in large quantities.
Also, I do no think that tube is a good container for travel or to carry in your purse. I can see the product leaking at the slightest pressure, leaving you with a horrible mess of crease and stains.
If you already bought this product, you will surely find some use for it, but I cannot recommend buying it. Personally, i will stick with my beloved Gelée and Argan oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I thought that these were going to be more similar in texture to the Argan Infinity Creamy Oil. Unfortunately, I find these to be drier than the original oil. The pigments are very hit and miss. For example, Everlasting Honey is a very natural color because it really is not all that pigmented, which is good for an everyday natural look. Endless Guava, on the other hand, is super pigmented, and comes out almost clownish. As a lip color, I did not find these oils particularly moisturizing (which I found odd), but I liked the texture for my cheeks. I think these work better on the cheeks because they give a sheen that is not greasy, but on my lips I feel dried out after an hour. I am still playing with these products, but I am not sure if this is a win for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by rachellelkelley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this in the last few days, in Everlasting Honey. I LOVE it. It tastes delicious...like oranges...and is very light. I love the way it makes my lips feel and look. It is kind of expensive - $18, I think - but it is a pretty large container and it doesn't take much to cover your lips. I'm not sure how long it will last because I keep putting it on. I don't wear blush so I haven't tried it that way, but as a lip treatment it is both refreshing and beautiful. I may have to order a couple other colors as well. Everlasting Honey looks nude in the tube but makes my lips kind of a darker coral nude when on. I'd prefer them to be a little less orange, but it is still fabulous. I haven't tried much from Josie Maran but this might change my mind. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by vintagenests

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Limitless Pink and it is a gorgeous color on both my lips and my cheeks. It feels very moisturizing on my lips but somewhat tacky on my cheeks. Even if this only works out for my lips I will be pleased. I can see this pairing well with a BB or CC cream - more of a glowy look. The color has such a pretty, soft, natural glow without feeling or looking like a "lip gloss" - pricy at 18 USD, but I like the natural aspect of Josie Maran's cosmetics, especially a product that is going on my lips. I will probably repurchase in the cherry and coral colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by suestew2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the color selection here, but I ended up returning these lip and cheek colors. I just found the texture to be a bit too heavy. I had trouble with the application as well because it was too easy to overdo and get the clown look.

I will say that the shades are nice, and the product is blendable. But I'm sticking with JM's cheek gelees for a better texture and for ease of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by debj314

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have this one in Boundless Berry. So far I like it. It lasts all day on my cheeks. On the lips a long time but not all day. The color is a berry stain but looks like a natural flush. Not drying at all like other stains and very pigmented. The price is $18 and I used the Sephora 15% off coupon, a little high but not as bad comparatively speaking. I would buy this again. I liked the limitless pink color too but on my lips I didn't get a lot of pigment and it looked like I had nothing on. On my cheeks it was a nice pink blush though.