December 20, 2014 | 1602 users online

Blush - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Infinity Cheek and Lip Creamy Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a set in Forever Rose. Even though this is a great pink shade on my lips the color is gone within 15 minutes. My lips do still feel hydrated even after the color fades out. I like this better on my cheeks and for some reason it lasts much longer there. It gives a nice dewey flush of color. My biggest pet peeve with this would have to be the random hard grainy pieces in this like colored sand. They don't dissole when rubbed in, scratch my skin and are a pain to pick out. I much prefer the regular Infinity cream oil to this because you you can mix it with any pigmented powder to create the same product with whatever blush, eyeshadow or powder pigments you have on hand. I don't see the point in spending the extra money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got limitless pink as part of a large Josie Maran set from QVC or HSN, who ever carries her line. At first I wasn't too sure if I would even use this as I'm not a cream blush gal.

I find this is very sheer and applies on cheeks and lips easily. Blending is a breeze as well. I like to use this on my "no makeup day" just to give my lips and cheeks a little pop.

Works better as a blush. For lips the stain is minimal and I need to reapply often and top with lipbalm.

I have a large tube for this should last a long time, a only a dab is needed. If you like argan oil, I recommend to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I have this in Limitless pink, and find that it is the perfect flush of color of my complexion. I do like the texture of it as well, I find it blends very easily. I also really like that all of Josie's products are made with argan oil, which is good for the skin. I do like setting it with a powder blush, just for longevity purposes, like any other cream blush. Nothing wrong with the product. Is it something I would buy again? Maybe. It's not very expensive for a high end creme blush, so it's definitely is worth the money. Do not care for the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first saw this on Maskcara, and Cara seemed to love it, so I went over to my staple site for reviews, Temptalia, and Christine had only given it a C. The two other beauty bloggers that I check randomly but not regularly, Muse and Phyrra, also liked it, but I trust Temptalia so much that I was really nervous to buy even with Sephora's return policy. I went and got a sample of Always Cheery, which looks basically like a little pot of blood.

I have been using it for over a week now (and I still have a ton left in my sample- you need so little!) and I really like it. I really, really love the color. It looks so bright screaming scary red, and if you build it up you could totally get that Snow White look, but the wash of color a swipe gives on my lips is so pretty. It tastes amazing. The downside is on my lips I am lucky to have it last 2 hours. On my cheeks is where this stuff really earns its rating though. I use a Shiseido foundation brush and get just the tiniest bit on the brush and start stippling it onto the apples of my cheeks. I then use the same brush to buff and stipple it out towards my temples a bit. It is very forgiving and easy to sheer out if you put too much on. I then spray with UD All Nighter and once that has dried I set with either Guerlain Les Voilettes or Hourglass Ambeint light powders and (sorry, Christine!) it lasts 6-8 hours. Yes, I have other blushes that last longer, but I haven't been able to duplicate this color. It's a heathy glowy pink flush that really looks incredibly natural, but noticeable. I've been out in the South Texas summer heat twice and it's still looking good.

Editing to add, this stayed on my cheeks until I washed off my makeup around 10pm or so. That's closer to 10-11 hours of wear than the 6-8 I originally was thinking.

My skin is combo, mostly normal, but does lean towards being drier on my cheeks. I think oiler skinned people have problems with this as a blush.

You need such a small amount that unless you're the type to not care about product use-by guidelines, you will end up wasting product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by cranberrygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was reluctant to buy this based on some negative reviews, but I did because I loved the berry color. Turns out, I love this stuff on my lips. The color is perfect for my cool toned pale skin and I find it doesn't feather and wears like a stain. It's okay as a cheek color - the color is very rich so I have to be very very careful to apply a tiny amount. It's a decent sized tube and I think it will last a long time. I'm going to buy the red color also.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Daisibear

Really like the color, limitless pink. I Did not try it as a blush. I wanted to use it for the lip color. I Was disappointed with the staying power. Basically came off within a few minutes. Returned to sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff *so* much. I got it in Limitless Pink and it's the perfect medium pink shade. When used on lips, it gives me that perfect, lush, semi-bright but still everyday wearable pink shade. The elusive shade that had me going through numerous products trying to achieve the look I wanted. The only problem is that, on the lips, it doesn't last long. Sigh. But the packaging is pretty and I like the scent of it so I really don't mind reapplying.
I do also use on cheeks and it's very pretty there as well. I adore multi-use products.
It does separate a bit if you haven't used it in a few days but all cream-in-a-tube products do that. I am tempted to pick up another shade, maybe Everlasting Honey?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have zero dislikes for this product. I own three colors, so far: Everlasting Honey (EH) & Boundless Berry (BB) & Endless Guava (EG). For $18 you receive a generous 0.5 oz of product. The tube is convenient and sanitary.

I am vegetarian and attempt to ensure my health and beauty products are: - eco - animal - organic- friendly, responsibly packaged and when possible, locally made. Josie's products check all of those boxes for me.

EH is a pink nude, extremely neutral and easy to wear with many makeup looks.
BB is a deep magenta which can look like a stain or very bold depending on application.
EG is a perfect pink/red blend. I have olive skin and think it looks best on my lips.

A wise word about the BB and EG colors: these deeper pigmented shades have to possibility to go from 0 to Bozo rather quickly on the cheeks. Put your finger over the cap and give it a gentle squeeze. That color dot that remains as you pull your finger away? That's how much you need for your cheek. Feel free though, to go bananas with your lips.

I travel a lot and spend time at the beach and hiking and prefer products I can carry and apply easily. I enjoy the argan infinity sticks but they're too big for my purse, so these travel with me the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first Josie Maran product I've ever owned, tried, and loved!
I have the shade Endless Guava. Said to be a vibrant poppy on the Sephora website, which I do agree with. I originally wanted Limitless Pink, but last minute decided to go for this shade because these are somewhat sheer so I wanted a darker shade. Also I wanted to branch out for Summer and choose a more pinky peach almost orange color. So glad I did!
I use this on my cheeks and lips constantly! I love cream products whether it's bronzer, blush, highlighters, or eyeshadows. I use the Real Techniques hot pink stippling brush especially for this when applying to my cheeks. I usually get a small amount of product on the back of my hand and rub all over with the brush and then transfer the remaining of it onto my face, which is more then enough, but still enough to stay ALL DAY. I also apply a tiny tiny amount to my lips to complete my look.
Perfect for summer days or nights, events, or if you just want some color on your face when running around town! Highly recommend. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It seems these vary by color - I have the coral.

The only con is that - this is NOT CORAL. It's warm pink. Reminded me of orgasm a bit.

I have very, very fair skin and I think the pigmentation is perfect. I could do a very subtle look or build it for more intensity. It looks very natural. This would not be pigmented enough for medium or dark skin tones.

I've used the josie creamy argan oil moisturizer for a while. I've since found better moisturizers, but I still like the formula quite a bit, and jumped at these. I like that this gives my cheeks an extra moisturizing punch.

I love the texture. It feels like a light Vaseline and gives such a nice glow. It's SO simple to blend and get the perfect blended look. I also like I don't need to worry about powdering my cheeks before applying the color because I hate powder! The great application is my favorite and staying power is great too.

I haven't tried this on my lips, idk why it seems more of a blush because it just isn't tacky enough to have any staying powder on lips.