Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Infinity Cheek and Lip Creamy Oil

3.8

on 2/20/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

For a long long time, my "everyday" makeup has included a lip stain; and, if I wear blush, the matching cheek stain. I've tried every brand I've ever seen, and I've never fallen in love with any one of them. Argan Infinity Lip/Cheek has spoiled me for just about any other makeup. Having oily skin, I was concerned that this would be a grease-fest, but afte using this for about a week, I think it's made for oily/combo skin. It has the texture of a "serum-to-powder" liquid. It leaves behind a stain that lasts all day, on lips and cheeks, but it does not have any residue of moisture. Unlike other stains (liquids and gels), it doesn't leave little dots on my cheeks, and it moisturizes, rather than dries-out, my lips. I even sleep with this on my lips for overnight moisture (and I look relatively good in the morning with a flush of color). This is the best lip/cheek stain I could possibly imagine, and I'm thrilled that I've "finally found" the perfect makeup. I have this in Always Cherry, which is an incredibly natural-looking color on my warm olive skin. All the colors are utterly gorgeous, and I look forward to buying them all!

on 2/17/2015 8:14:00 PM

Limitless Pink is a gorgeous flush of pink on my lips, just enough to make them look plumper and healthier without seeming overdone. . The scent/flavor is almost citrusy and inoffensive to me, and while the lasting power isn't great, I didn't expect it to be so no complaints there. As for moisturizing properties, it isn't the worst I've tried but it is far from the best, but if my lips are already in good shape, then this doesn't make them worse. I do agree with the advertising that states that this is a non-greasy product, but it isn't necessarily "hydrating" or "nourishing" as it also claims. In short, for me this is definitely a makeup product, not a lipcare one.

The reason I only gave it three lippies is that as other reviewers have mentioned, this stuff separates like crazy. So even though I shake the tube before opening it and squeezing out the product, what inevitably comes out is just a thin oil, no color. I have to keep squeezing for the color to start coming out, and when it does it's a bit thick (since the oil came out already). Then I need to reshake it to try and even it out. For a product that is supposed to be quick and easy, this one takes far too much time. Moreover, the packaging, while adorable, is terrible -- the neck of the tube cracked, even though the tube is handled very gently, and so now it leaks whenever I try to get product out of it. For the price, I find this pretty shoddy for both the product and the packaging. Such a shame, since the color so lovely.

Note: I bought this product solely to use on my lips, so I can't attest to its usefulness as a blush.

on 2/10/2015 8:05:00 PM

I like it. It's moisturising, it very highly pigmented and it does last well on my cheeks for a good 6-8 hours ( though reapplication is necessary on lips about every two ).
It doesn't aggravate the acne on my cheeks and works well on both bare skin and foundation.

I have the colours Boundless Berry and Always cherry, and on my pale skin they impart a lovely 'just been for a run' glow.

Another Josie Maran product I'm very happy with and I will be repurchasing.

I bought this in Everlasting Honey, because it seems the most nude of the colors, and I like trying new beauty products with great ingredients. This seemed to fit the bill. Where do I begin.... Well, this is not a nude-ish shade. It's slightly coral with a whole lot of orange. Not at all flattering on fair skin. Not very hydrating, and if you have chapped lips, the color collects in the cracks, so it looks like you are wearing cheap lipstick. The craziest part of this is, is the SALT granules IN the tube. They roughly sweep across your lips and stay there. I must have licked my lips, and I swear that those are grains of salt. Why salt grains are in my expensive, supposedly hydrating lip product is beyond me. This product is a complete dud for lips, but I might use the rest of this tube as a cheek tint, because it ain't cheap, and I don't like to waste what I paid good money for. However, I won't ever repurchase. Back to my good ol' Burt's Bees Lip Tints. ;)

I bought a tester pack with 2 shades of pink on an impulse in Sephora. To be honest, I'm not thrilled with the product, however I'm not upset.

The biggest issue is the separation of oil and colour. The tiny tube didn't stay mixed even when only waiting 5-10 minutes. I overcame it only by storing sideways instead of upright on the cap. I do still shake before opening.

As mentioned in another review, the granular pieces are irritating. No work around.

Some good things about the product is the sheerness and "buildability" of the colour. I use is primarily on my cheeks, but have used it on my lips for a sheer wash of colour with über moisture.

I'm super pleased with the moisturizing capabilities of this tint, and the liquidity of the formula makes spreading and thinning too much product a cinch.

I will most likely buy again, unless I get another impulse buy. I do not like powder or stick blushes.

on 12/15/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this as part of a set in Forever Rose. Even though this is a great pink shade on my lips the color is gone within 15 minutes. My lips do still feel hydrated even after the color fades out. I like this better on my cheeks and for some reason it lasts much longer there. It gives a nice dewey flush of color. My biggest pet peeve with this would have to be the random hard grainy pieces in this like colored sand. They don't dissole when rubbed in, scratch my skin and are a pain to pick out. I much prefer the regular Infinity cream oil to this because you you can mix it with any pigmented powder to create the same product with whatever blush, eyeshadow or powder pigments you have on hand. I don't see the point in spending the extra money.

on 11/29/2014 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Got limitless pink as part of a large Josie Maran set from QVC or HSN, who ever carries her line. At first I wasn't too sure if I would even use this as I'm not a cream blush gal.

I find this is very sheer and applies on cheeks and lips easily. Blending is a breeze as well. I like to use this on my "no makeup day" just to give my lips and cheeks a little pop.

Works better as a blush. For lips the stain is minimal and I need to reapply often and top with lipbalm.

I have a large tube for this should last a long time, a only a dab is needed. If you like argan oil, I recommend to try it.

on 11/25/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Limitless pink, and find that it is the perfect flush of color of my complexion. I do like the texture of it as well, I find it blends very easily. I also really like that all of Josie's products are made with argan oil, which is good for the skin. I do like setting it with a powder blush, just for longevity purposes, like any other cream blush. Nothing wrong with the product. Is it something I would buy again? Maybe. It's not very expensive for a high end creme blush, so it's definitely is worth the money. Do not care for the packaging.

on 8/24/2014 5:31:00 PM

I first saw this on Maskcara, and Cara seemed to love it, so I went over to my staple site for reviews, Temptalia, and Christine had only given it a C. The two other beauty bloggers that I check randomly but not regularly, Muse and Phyrra, also liked it, but I trust Temptalia so much that I was really nervous to buy even with Sephora's return policy. I went and got a sample of Always Cheery, which looks basically like a little pot of blood.

I have been using it for over a week now (and I still have a ton left in my sample- you need so little!) and I really like it. I really, really love the color. It looks so bright screaming scary red, and if you build it up you could totally get that Snow White look, but the wash of color a swipe gives on my lips is so pretty. It tastes amazing. The downside is on my lips I am lucky to have it last 2 hours. On my cheeks is where this stuff really earns its rating though. I use a Shiseido foundation brush and get just the tiniest bit on the brush and start stippling it onto the apples of my cheeks. I then use the same brush to buff and stipple it out towards my temples a bit. It is very forgiving and easy to sheer out if you put too much on. I then spray with UD All Nighter and once that has dried I set with either Guerlain Les Voilettes or Hourglass Ambeint light powders and (sorry, Christine!) it lasts 6-8 hours. Yes, I have other blushes that last longer, but I haven't been able to duplicate this color. It's a heathy glowy pink flush that really looks incredibly natural, but noticeable. I've been out in the South Texas summer heat twice and it's still looking good.

Editing to add, this stayed on my cheeks until I washed off my makeup around 10pm or so. That's closer to 10-11 hours of wear than the 6-8 I originally was thinking.

My skin is combo, mostly normal, but does lean towards being drier on my cheeks. I think oiler skinned people have problems with this as a blush.

You need such a small amount that unless you're the type to not care about product use-by guidelines, you will end up wasting product.

on 8/23/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was reluctant to buy this based on some negative reviews, but I did because I loved the berry color. Turns out, I love this stuff on my lips. The color is perfect for my cool toned pale skin and I find it doesn't feather and wears like a stain. It's okay as a cheek color - the color is very rich so I have to be very very careful to apply a tiny amount. It's a decent sized tube and I think it will last a long time. I'm going to buy the red color also.

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products