Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff!! I purchased "Always Cherry" from Sephora with a gift card I had gotten for Christmas. I've never used Josie Maran products before so I was not sure what to expect...I was worried it wouldn't last, would be greasy, etc. But actually, it is a perfect match for my needs! I apply a little to my cheekbones and it gives such a nice, healthy glow that seems to last a while (I've been wearing it for a few hours now). I like it in my lips, too. It's not as moisturizing as a real balm, but I apply this and then Benefit's Benebalm overtop and wham-o bam-o! The perfect sheer cherry red lip :) My favorite part about this product is the packaging. A tube is so hygienic and easy to use. Plus it's a gorgeous red, what's not to love??

I have this in Everlasting Honey which is a really pretty pinky coral shade. It doesn't look anything like the color on the tube. In no way does it look at all "nude".

I have tried using this both as a cheek color and a lip color. I noticed that the color sorta develops with time. Right when you apply it, it's not very intense...but after a couple minutes, the color becomes more vibrant but then it fades very quickly. The lasting time for this product is VERY POOR.

Also, this very thick (almost like a paste when it comes out of the tube) and STICKY. I tried this on my cheek and it felt so gross, not only that, but my skin reacted badly to this. It made me break out into little bumps.

I then tried it on my lips and noticed it had a "sweet" taste to it which i didn't like. I wouldn't have applied this to my face if i knew there was a sweet taste!

It wasn't moisturizing at all on the lips. Infact, it felt drying.

I wouldn't repurchase this product. It was awful.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Meh. I had high hopes for this product. I am always on the hunt for luxury tinted lip moisturizers that I can carry with me in my purse. This one tastes and smells weird and the color (I have mine in Forever Rose) doesn't really look good on my olive skintone. Also, I would not use this as a cheek tint as the formula is very oily. So unless you want oily rosy unnatural looking patches on your face, it's not a good idea. For the price, I think there are better products out there.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First of all, I wish we had the option of a "maybe" for purchasing again. That's how I feel about this product.
I purchased this in the "Limitless Pink" color. The lighting in Sephora lent this to a more pink color--however when I got home the true color is more of a coral pink. (I am REALLY annoyed with the lighting in Sephora--come on--it's a cosmetics store--shouldn't the lighting be more true?)
Honestly, the coral hue doesn't bother me. The color will look nice in the fall.
This is a product that will last a long, LONG time. CAVEAT: Don't use too much or the color will look a bit streakish after a while.Once you get the "feel" of applying this cream, you'll be alright. You don't need much at all. A small amount goes a long way. I applied to my upper cheek bone or a nice flush. I didn't apply with a brush as the texture of the product might have made my brush a bit oily. I applied with my fingers and the product glided on nice and smoothly. There IS a bit of a sticky feeling after a while but it isn't all that bad. It proves that the product has staying power. On the cheeks!
In addition, it has a nice illuminating glow.
Now for the lips:
Despite the fact this is a creamy "oil" my lips were not hydrated. I wasn't crazy about how this looked on my lips so I'll keep it as a cheek color exclusively.
Now for the packaging. It's ok. I would not bring this with me in my purse. I would be petrified of a possible tube malfunction--it would not be a pretty picture! You also need an extremely light touch extracting the product out of the tube.
I'm really and honestly on the fence about this. I certainly would not use this as a lip color. But--due to the texture, I could see using this quite often in the winter as my skin is dry. I'm leaning more towards "maybe" than "no" in connection with a repurchase. I hope this has helped and thank you for reading!

Product - I tried both Everlasting Honey and Timeless Coral. Both come out of the tube surprisingly much darker/richer than expected. Everlasting Honey is a warm, rich, deep rosy pink on my fingertips, but sheers away to nothing on my AAB/NC25 skin. Timeless Coral is a rich reddish coral on my fingertips, but sheers down to an extremely sheer warm pink. It has a very pleasing gentle orange/mandarin scent. The texture is not as oily as I had expected; it's clearly pigments suspended in oil so it's slick, but it's not creamy, heavy, nor overly greasy if you apply in one light coat (YMMV); apply more in an attempt to build color, and the oil quickly overwhelms. I squeeze the product onto a fingertip, pat together with the opposing fingertip on the other hand, and dot most of the pigment onto my lips; then I dot what remains onto my cheeks and blend. Blends extremely well. Sadly, the pigmentation and lasting power are quite poor on cheeks and on lips. 30 minutes later you couldn't tell I'd used anything on my ips or cheeks at all. Some reviews online mention a gritty feel - I got a little ball of grit once, and when I rubbed it between my fingers it appeared to be a chunk of pigment which easily reintegrated with the base oil. Mostly, I am highly disappointed with the poor (zero) color payoff of these. If you try to build up color, the base oil will accumulate on your skin/lips and this quickly becomes unacceptable, regardess of how dry your skin is.

Comparisons - These fail miserably in comparison to Becca Beach Tints. The Argan Infinity Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil has a very similar texture, but the Beach Tints are far superior for pigmentation and staying power.

Packaging - Comes in a squeeze tube (like artist's oil paints) with a blunted, threaded tip. The tube color matches the product color inside but is opaque so you can't tell how much is left. I got the Everlasting Honey and Timeless Coral set for $16 with 0.16 oz each per tube, which is a handy and portable size. For reference, the full size tubes are $18 for 0.5 oz and thus a much better value, if you have a preferred shade.

Overall - Zero color payoff. Get the plain argan oil for your skin if you must, but use something else as your blush. continued >>

I have this in the shade "Always Cherry" which is a really sheer shade of cherry red. It's great on the cheeks, and it lasts pretty long on the cheeks as a cheek stain. But when you put it on your lips, you constantly have to reapply and it fades and wears off easily. It's a really natural and pretty color, and it smells very citrus-y. Sometimes, when you apply it, you get one rolled up ball of pigment or something like that, but it's not big of a deal for me. I doesn't moisturize my lips, but it's not too drying. My lips kind of stay the same, but just a little drier.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing and it was nice on my cheeks, but not so nice on my lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love how this blush just glided in my skin. My cheeks had a nice glow to them after applying this and it didn't look cakey or exaggerate my pores like some blushes do. The only thing is I wish it lasted a little longer. It faded through out the day.

Really like this I like the texture and it blends amazingly it gives a very glowy natural flush and it's moisturizering on both the lips and cheeks. But apply it a little at a time because it can get very heavy so I would start small and build it up

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For a long long time, my "everyday" makeup has included a lip stain; and, if I wear blush, the matching cheek stain. I've tried every brand I've ever seen, and I've never fallen in love with any one of them. Argan Infinity Lip/Cheek has spoiled me for just about any other makeup. Having oily skin, I was concerned that this would be a grease-fest, but afte using this for about a week, I think it's made for oily/combo skin. It has the texture of a "serum-to-powder" liquid. It leaves behind a stain that lasts all day, on lips and cheeks, but it does not have any residue of moisture. Unlike other stains (liquids and gels), it doesn't leave little dots on my cheeks, and it moisturizes, rather than dries-out, my lips. I even sleep with this on my lips for overnight moisture (and I look relatively good in the morning with a flush of color). This is the best lip/cheek stain I could possibly imagine, and I'm thrilled that I've "finally found" the perfect makeup. I have this in Always Cherry, which is an incredibly natural-looking color on my warm olive skin. I also have Endless Guava which is a zingy, summery coral-red. All the colors are utterly gorgeous, and I look forward to buying them all!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For a long long time, my "everyday" makeup has included a lip stain; and, if I wear blush, the matching cheek stain. I've tried every brand I've ever seen, and I've never fallen in love with any one of them. Argan Infinity Lip/Cheek has spoiled me for just about any other makeup. Having oily skin, I was concerned that this would be a grease-fest, but afte using this for about a week, I think it's made for oily/combo skin. It has the texture of a "serum-to-powder" liquid. It leaves behind a stain that lasts all day, on lips and cheeks, but it does not have any residue of moisture. Unlike other stains (liquids and gels), it doesn't leave little dots on my cheeks, and it moisturizes, rather than dries-out, my lips. I even sleep with this on my lips for overnight moisture (and I look relatively good in the morning with a flush of color). This is the best lip/cheek stain I could possibly imagine, and I'm thrilled that I've "finally found" the perfect makeup. I have this in Always Cherry, which is an incredibly natural-looking color on my warm olive skin. All the colors are utterly gorgeous, and I look forward to buying them all!

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products