Klorane Floral water make-up remover with soothing cornflower

2.0

on 8/31/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Klorane Floral Water Make-Up Remover with soothing cornflower was recommended to me as great make-up remover that leaves the skin hydrated. I know a couple of women that swear by it so I decided to give it a go.

Unfortunately it was a complete disaster on me. It didn't remove my make-up, it didn't clean my face at all, even though I don't use anything waterproof and I usually don't wear lots of makeup. So I removed my make-up with a gentle foam and then used the Floral Water as a toner, hoping that at least it can be used like that.

It didn't work that way either. It made my skin break out right after that first use. I returned to my usual routine, my skin healed and then decided to give the Floral Water another go, as a toner, because as I said as a make-up remover is useless. I had the same break out the next day, so I stopped using it alltogether.

As regards to the packaging, it is a very practical vertical pump, the only pro I found of this product.

If you want to give it a go and see if it suits you, I suggest you try a sample first. The price is up to 16 euros (I got it with discount for 10 euros) for 400ml of product. If it was good I wouldn't consider it pricey. But it's so very bad for my skin.

Of course I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/6/2014 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is marketed as cleanser and toner, as well as an eye makeup remover. I ran out of Bioderma cleansing water which is AMAZING for removing eye makeup gently and effectively, so I was hoping Klorane would do the same. The product information states that it "gently removes face and eye make-up without water". This is absolutely not true! This stuff is kind of useless for removing eye makeup; it will "cleanse" your eye area, but that's about it! I'm currently using a heavier cream based eye makeup remover to get my mascara off (and I don't even use waterproof mascara!), and sweep a cotton pad soaked with this over my eyelids to remove the residue of the cream.

This is comparable to L'Oreal's eye makeup remover (in the small blue bottle) that you can get at most drugstores for a fraction of the price, and even that product removes eye makeup more effectively than this one from Klorane. I can't comment on it's overall cleansing and toning qualities for the face since I only use it around my eye area.