Sephora Classic Must-have Smudge Brush #70

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

From the Sephora website:

''What it is:
A flat-headed brush with tight, short bristles for applying dark powder and cream eye shadows and eye pencils.

What it does:
This brush enables precise color shading and the application of an eye shadow along the eyelashes for a smoky effect. Accentuate contours or smudge color to create a halo effect.

What else you need to know:
This brush features natural pony bristles, an aluminum ferrule, and a wooden handle.

Suggested Usage:
Tips and Tricks:
-To intensify color shading, use a dark eye pencil as a base.
-Draw a thick line at the base of the eyelashes and use the brush to smudge up and out.
-Next, apply a powder eye shadow in the same shade.
-To intensify the outer angle of the eye: use a dark eye shadow.

-Fill the brush with a dark eye shadow.
-Draw a line of dark eye shadow or eye pencil along the base of the eyelashes and then smudge the color on the entire upper eyelid.
-Continue smudging slightly upwards towards the browbone.
-Draw a line along the lower eyelid and then smudge to create a soft even halo.''

While this brush works well for smudging eye pencils and applying darker eyeshadow to define the eyes and it's rather inexpensive and dense also feels scratchy on the lids. For that reason alone I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised there are no reviews for this great, versatile and inexpensive eye brush from one of Sephora's own less expensive lines. So far, all my Sephora brushes have been from the "Pro" line and while they are still very affordable, this little brush surprised me with its quality.

I love this for smudging pencil shadows and also for applying cream liners because I can use it both to apply and to smudge out the line for the more smokey and diffused look that works best for me (mostly because I'm a klutz and can't really master a "cat eye flick" and also because a really sharp line looks a bit harsh on me). This really is a great little brush at a great price. Because I'm short-sighted, I also appreciate that it has a shorter handle which means I can get up really close to the mirror. This brush is totally worth trying!

Popular Makeup Brushes