Vichy Aqualia Thermal Day Spa

aqua / water , glycerin , alcohol denat. , butylene glycol , peg/ppg/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin , dimethicone , dimethiconol , sodium hyaluronate , phenoxyethanol , ammonium polyacryldimethyltauramide / ammonium , polyacryloyldimethyl taurate , disodium edta , caprylyl glycol , citric acid , biosaccharide gum-1 , xanthan gum , parfum / fragrance

on 4/9/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Estée Lauder's Hydrationist (normal/combi), though with €29 at the nearest pharmacy it was quite pricey as well. It's just a moisturiser after all...

My skin doesn't really like many moisturisers. Either they break me out, start smelling rancid, or just feel like a non-breathable film on my face. I tried Aqualia Thermal Light first but it was a tad too heavy and especially my forehead started getting bumpy. I haven't had any problems with this one. It doesn't irritate my rosacea skin or my eyes.

The only negative thing about AT Day Spa is the smell. There's fragrance but it smells like hairspray! It actually seems like it would be irritating but it is not. Still I'm hoping Vichy would do something about it. Luckily the scent doesn't last long.

At first I didn't like the glass jar and dispensed the gel to a plastic vacuum pump bottle, but on the other hand glass is a lot more stable material than plastic. If I'll buy another one, I'll probably just let the gel stay in the original package. This gel is not about antioxidants anyway.

+ Non-irritating on my rosacea skin
+ Lightweight
+ Moisturising enough on normal/combi skin
+ Non-greasy, no breakouts

- Pricey for a plain moisturiser
- Smells bad

on 4/7/2015 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this moisturiser. Would recommend to anyone with a sensitive dry skin, its not too rich, not too light - just perfect consistency. Absorbs really fast & leaves your skin feeling soft & nourished in an instant.
Fragrance is mild so not overpowering either.
Highly recommended.

on 4/4/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin : adult acne, extremely sensitive and reactive NC 15 skin. A lot of hyperpigmentation. Cause of all the BP, Retin-A and other treatments my skin is usually very unbalanced. I'm looking for a DEEPLY moisturizing cream mainly for the night, that does not effect the acne. I used to use LRP effaclar H, but they've changed the ingredients, so I need to find something new!

This feels adorable, and according to the Vichy website it's supposed to be oilfree. Still it contains moisturizing agents, is feather light and does not seem to effect the acne. But I'll update about that.

You can use it around the eyes. It's a little sticky right after application and takes about 1-2 minutes to sink in.

This is a really good moisturizer, it really gives the skin a "glass of water". But it's not that emergency cream that heals cracked treated acne-skin, during harsh winter when it's - 20c outside here in Sweden. I guess there has to be "good" , non- comedogenic oils in a cream to make it to an emergency cream. And I'm SO scared of oils after my 20 years with acne.

But yet no new breakouts, so I'd recommend this for good moisture!! A little expensive, but worth it.