Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Ipanema Beach (210 Pearl)

1.5

on 6/17/2014 8:38:00 PM

I can't honestly recommend this lippie. It certainly had potential in the tube, but it disappeared when applied. This is almost nothing. It didn't really change the color of my lips...it's very translucent, The only clue you have that you're wearing anything is glitter, and a little bit of a sheen, If you're going for a "no lipstick" look, you might like this, however if you were hoping for a little of the peachy pink color the tube promises, you will be disappointed. It didn't wear well, and after an hour or so, all that's left are random splotches of glitter. Not a good look. I'd look elsewhere.

on 3/31/2014 10:59:00 AM

UPDATE: You know how someo f these lipsticks can feel a bit gritty (which sucks because most feel awesome), this one is as gritty as Pink Cognito. I do like the color, but I had to quit using it because I felt like the glitter grit was tearing apart my lips.

ORIGINAL POST: This is one of the (I am assuming LE) new lipsticks from the Revlon 2014 spring / summer Rio Rush collection which I spotted at my local Walgreens. The best way I can describe this color is that if Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow was a lipstick, it would be this but this has glitter. The color is an extremely white based, pale pink with predominent shimmer. It does a very nice job of muting my naturally mauvey lips down to pale white pink. It is wears more like a lipgloss IMO. It is much more of a nude lip with some shimmer and very cool white based pink tinge.

Now for the not so great aspects: Honestly, a it's a bit of a "nothing" lipstick. And many will be irritated by the grainy texture from the sparkles. If it weren't for the stupid glitter reminents on my lip after wearing this, I could really like the this shade.The color itself looks nice on my NW20 skin, brown eyes, mauvey lips. I feel like an angel with this on and my Hourglass Ethereal Glow. But ugh, that glitter is awful! It starts to feel like you are exfoliating your lips upon application and it leaves those glitter specs on your lips. If this wasn't a glitter bomb and just a glossy lipstick it would be fine. But at 40 yrs old, I should not have glitter specs clinging to my lips.