Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

I, like many, have skin that is on the oilier side and wanted a matt foundation and I happened upon this. I honestly do love this foundation, it is really matt and very airy. I've tried a matt foundation before (D&G) and that formula was waaaaay heavier than the chanel one even though the coverage was pretty much the same.

The only problem I have had with this is the colour. I have 30 Beige and it's not exactly lighter than my skintone I would actually say it's the cooler equivalent of my warm skintone.

I'll be looking for a more accurate colour next time around although i'm not sure if I should also try the other kinds of chanel foundations.

A tip for using this is to hydrate fairly well beforehand and use it with a wet sponge/beauty blender and apply it quickly because it does dry fairly quickly to a more powdery texture.

Once it's dry it barely feels like anything on the skin, but I do spray a bit of Mac Fix+ on the sides of my face to avoid it looking too powdery.

Also...slick black Chanel packaging? You can't go wrong.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My best fundation ever, the color (30) fit perfect with my skin tone and looks like my skin and cover very well.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

my first ever chanel foundation. i have an oily skin and this does not stay. but i love the natural finish this foundation provides. i reach for this on days where i'll be going out for a couple of hours.

Me gusta mucho el acabado de esta base.Deja un aspecto muy liso en la piel , muy natural y todo y que mi piel es bastante propensa a revelar brillos en mi zona T, consigue aprobar sus 7-8 horas ..a partir de ahí hay que retocar un poco.
Sin duda repetiré
Ademas el tono ( en mi caso el 30) lo veo bastante neutro, cosa que con muchas bases es una autentica agonia porque o son rosas o amirillas muy claramente.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a very big fan of the original Vitalumiere Aqua foundation but when I saw Angie from Hot & Flashy YT channel (always listen to someone who buys the reviewed products themselves and who has skin issues similar to yours, rather than 20something youtubers who are paid to do reviews!) reviewing this as her HG foundation I decided to purchase this one instead.

For a start, it is VERY liquid in comparison with VA. It is housed in a similar, plastic bottle that you have to shake well and the colour 20 Beige seems to be close enough to VA's B20 Beige Tendre maybe with a tad more pink tones in it, but it is still a close enough match for my skin. Like many others very liquid, evaporating oils type of foundations it has alcohol quite high up on the ingredients list and is quite strongly fragranced.

I bought it because Angie said she was able to apply it with her fingers on top of a sunscreen and that it still looked natural that way. This I can confirm, I hate applying foundations with brushes or sponges and this one works really well applied with fingers only. This is the biggest plus of this product imho. It sets matte indeed and lasts matte pretty much for a good couple of hours, even without powdering. I can blot my face once during the day (although I use it only on top of my YSL primer which is excellent, so maybe that helps) and it lasts well - I can still see perfected skin pretty much until I take my makeup off.

The only drawback I can see is that it has to be applied on a well maintained, well moisturised skin - otherwise it will really cling onto any dry patches around the nose or mouth.

I have not noticed any issues with pore blocking or pimple causing. It is a really nice foundation that I am looking forward to using on top of my collection of sunscreens (it contains spf 15 which unfortunately is not enough for me) without fear of looking like a grease ball all the time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

My favorite foundation ever. It matches my skin perfectly, they have a good variety of colors for fair skin tones (every single other foundation I have gotten has been too dark and made me look orange, I got beige rose 12) and the pink color makes it match even better. I apply it with a damp beauty blender after moisterizer and maybelline baby skin, and it blends amazing, doesn't look cakey at all. The only bad thing about it is the price, with tax it comes to about 50 dollars, and i have to rebuy it every two months or so. But it is well worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Everything is good about this foundation - the finish is gorgeous, it's light, doesn't irritate skin, minimizes pores - except the shades. I am pale and bought the shade Beige 10 and after 5 minutes it turned several shades darker than my skintone. Sadly, I will not repurchase.

I can honestly say that I've found my holy grail foundation. When buying a foundation I'm always checking billions of beautyblogs to check if a product is worth the hype..
You guys.. This product is amazing!
It gives such a nice, I'd say light to medium, coverage but it still feels very light on the skin: almost as if you're wearing a BB-cream but the coverage is sooooo good!
It can easily cover any redness to the face without making your face feel/look cakey. I always apply foundation with the Sigma F80 flat kabuki brush (which is my all-time favorite makeup brush 😸)
I've got combination skin: a little bit oily on the t-zone and some pimples here and there once in a while, but at the same time my skin can feel very dry. For example, when I get out of the shower I MUST apply a moisturizer immediately because my skin will feel like sandpaper 😁 This foundation hydrates and I love the subtle hint of perfume it has.
I always powder off my foundation and at the end of the day it still looks as if I've just put the product on.
I would definitely repurchase this foundation!
Fan-spam! Love, a beautygeek from the Netherlands

Finding the best foundation for your skin is even tougher than finding the best man for you! I'm married and have a beautiful son, found the best house to live, the best jeans to fit my curves and yet, at 33 I couldn't find a foundation to be loyal to.

I watched a random youtube foundation review by this girl (unfortunately i don't remember her name) who claimed to have the same skin issues as me: Very sensitive combination/oily skin, that gets clogged very very easily and has a tendency to break out. So I was intrigued! She sweared by Chanel Perection Lumiere Velvet foundation and it definitely hit a nerve with me. I am the girl that gets a deep pore extraction facial every single month to keep a decent looking skin. I am the girl that cries when I meet people who have never had a single facial treatment!

So, I decided to try this foundation after having used almost every other foundation there is. And it was a hallelujah moment!! since it was quite pricey, i asked the girl at the store to apply it on my face first. I loved it at first but was hesitant about how it would look after a couple hours or so. I left and went on with the rest of my day working, shopping etc...Before leaving work, some 9 hours later, I had a look in the mirror and was amazed! my skin looked exactly the same as it did 9 hours ago! I left right away to go buy it, and was so emotionally charged that i even bought the -quite extravagantly priced- loose powder too.

I have never looked back! I get compliments ALL THE TIME and i feel like i've discovered the holly grail or somthg...

I really like the packaging. Simplistic and practical, it's just easier than the glass one and I don't have to worry about breaking it.

I used to apply foundation with fingers but I found that this one best applies with a triangle sponge for a "minimized pore" look.The finish is matte but natural. Which is amazing for skin types like mine.
People keep mentioning its scent, and quite frankly i' m surprised. I hadn't even noticed it before I read these reviews.
Also, coverage is light but can be a buildable medium. I hate full coverage so that was great for me.

Overall, it's the best foundation ever! I truly feel complete now!

This is foundation that gives out a slightly powdery finish. I looked forward to buying this as I live in a humid climate and am always after a matte-r base to keep those oilies at bay. As much as I love the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, this has let me down. True to its name, the Perfection Lumiere Velvet does dry down to a velvet finish, quite quickly I must add, so quick blending is key. Like the Vitalumiere Aqua, I wear the shade B10 in this one but the Perfection Lumiere Velvet oxidized slightly on me. Coverage wise is so-so, medium but I found it difficult to layer product on without having it cake up on me. This also clung on to dry patches on my cheeks, despite me moisturizing well and even applying primer under. It also didn't last very long on me, as I could only wear it for around 4 hours before it completely slides off my face.