Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 3/22/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

UGH!!! Where to begin?! First off, I truly do love Chanel make-up. However, I hate their foundations. They need to get rid of the fragrance. This broke me out so horribly. I only used it twice and returned it to Neiman's quickly. I have oily skin, so I thought this would be fun to try. It made my skin look unnatural, and I barely used any. I started noticing little bumps at the end of the day when I'd wash it off. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it. Same thing the next day. I started to form deep cystic acne on my chin and cheeks. I realized that it had to be foundation, as nothing else in my routine changed. The fragrance in Chanel's foundation is what did it. If you aren't sensitive, this may work, but I wouldn't risk it if you are prone to break outs. I wanted to love this... Went back to my NARS all day luminous foundation.

on 3/6/2015 3:24:00 PM

This is by far one of the worst foundations I have ever tried (and I have tried a lot). After visiting the counter and explaining that I have quite dry and sensitive this was recommended. After the classic beauty counter impulse buy I bought it - and after a few wears really regretted it. The formula was incredibly drying and emphasised all of my dry patches. If you are a teenager with perfect skin (and a generous allowance) this may be the foundation for you but I hated it.

on 3/2/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was good but not great. Not worth the price tag considering there are so many other less expensive foundations that do the same thing or better.

My absolute new HG. I have extreme combination skin with a very oily t-zone and dry, normal cheeks. When I finished up my entire bottle of Vitalumiere Aqua and YSL touche eclat, I decided that I would want to go for something a little bit more long lasting, something that is as glowy but being toned down a bit, and I found this. It blends like a dream. It retains tue wonderful blendability like VA as well as how lightweight and natural it is. It is more matte when conpared to VA, but does not make my skin look flat. It is like naturally glowy, but not as glowy as VA. For me Velvet makes the look more polished and more importantly it lasts longer on me I only need to touch up once during the day. It has a decent medium coverage which is perfect for me. I received so many compliments on my skin! The downside would be the limited shades. But B10 matches me perfectly in winter so it is alright. Another downside is the scent-it is a weird fruity scent and I dont like it, I definitely think that VA smells better. However the scent doesnt stay long like Makeup forever face & body, so I am not offended. Five lippies and will repurchase!

on 2/21/2015 11:13:00 AM

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I love the little black packaging, it is adorable! I like its powdery and at the same time water-based formula, it applies so nicely and it gives a nice luminousity to my face expect my T zone, but however, my T-zone doesn't love this Chanel baby. Unfortunatelly, it looks scrathy and after couple of hours, my T-zone becomes a horror movie scene :( I don't regret buying it, but I don't think that I'll be repurchasing this.

on 2/13/2015 5:07:00 AM

It is so so similar to Vitalumiere Aqua. For me, the difference is too small to justify owning both. I have mixed skin, with an oily T-zone and I though I would like this more than the Vitalumiere Aqua since it is more geared towards my type of skin. BUT although it does give a more matte / velvety finish, I do prefere the luminosity of Vitalumiere Aqua.

on 2/3/2015 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this foundation about 8 months ago. The SA recommended it to me. I wonder why since it's more marketed for oily skin where mine is more combo to dry. So this did clearly not work out for me. The consistency is not unique; it's comparable to Loreal's nude magic. However that one didn't dry out my skin as much as this one did. I think that for oily skin it would work well, since it dries to a powder almost instantly after application. And that's just the thing; powder foundations don't work for my skin. Opposite to this one Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua works amazingly on my skin. So this one is left standing on my vanity just being pretty but totally useless for me.. If you have oily skin, try to get a sample. Dry skin gals, keep this foundation on a distance and go for either YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat or this one's sister in the beige bottle!

on 1/23/2015 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wear beige 50. I have very oiliy skin and I must say I like it a lot. It's not high coverage but it is not marketed as high coverage its a nice medium light weight foundation that has a great smell. If you don't like smell it goes away. The foundation does oxidize on me. Let me know if anyone else has experienced that. I'm a huge Chanel foundation fan , mac tends to break me unless I prime a lot. The packaging could be better but the plastic keeps it lightweight and if you travel keeps your purse light.

on 1/2/2015 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in the summer as I was looking for something that wouldn't melt off my face in the heat of Florida in July like my MAC Mineralize was doing at the time. Ew. I did use it with a primer and I set it with MSF to help it lock into place and last longer as I knew going in this wouldn't be a long lasting totally full coverage foundation. That wasn't what I wanted. I personally like the smell of the product, it goes away if you aren't a fan. I have some redness in my cheeks but not too bad. This semi-covered it. It's not a huge issue, I just don't need blush. Overall, this product blends well and I found that it was best applied with my Beauty Blender. You can go in for a second layer if you want, it works if you blend well enough. I like it and am glad I have it in my arsenal. If you are looking for medium to full coverage, don't waste your money. But if you are in the market for a lightweight. light buildable foundation to even your skin tone that feels nice on the skin, then this is a nice choice if you want to spend the money. I kind of wish they wouldn't put it in the plastic bottle, makes it seem cheap when you just dropped $45.00 on foundation from Chanel...

on 12/31/2014 6:17:00 AM

I absolutely love the look of this foundation on, it's beautifully smooth, feels light & covers redness (though I found it didn't cover the scarring on my T-Zone). However, I found the scent to be unpleasant (which says a lot because I have a terrible sense of smell), the wearing power to be weak (2 hours at best, even on my slightly dry, otherwise normal cheeks, maybe 4 with a good primer), and the colour to be slightly dull on my skin. While I'm sure this would be lovely on another skin type, it just didn't do me any favours, so if you're like me and have fairly radiant, combination skin leaning to oily, err on the side of caution with this foundation. Maybe try a sample first. The price is fair for such a high-end foundation, so it could be a good starting place for people venturing into premium brands, but the packaging also drove me mad. It looks decent, but certainly not worthy of how much it compromises the ease of dispensing - I found it extremely hard to get the right amount of product out, and even with vigorous shaking it still was slightly separated. It was also very hard to tell when the product was running out, as I only managed to tell when it was practically empty and it just simply stopped dispensing, meaning I had to wear some spare foundation for a few days before I could run out and get some more.

Unfortunately as well, it broke me out worse than most foundations I've ever worn - my skin became quite red and even my cheeks began to develop spots. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin calmed down again. It also made my skin incredibly itchy after about a month of wearing it (again, this stopped once I had tossed it away).

I so desperately wanted to love this foundation, since my mother uses it and finds it absolutely perfect for her skin, but it just does not love me back.