July 31, 2014 | 2042 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by louise97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation gives a lovely matte-velvet finish, although it does not keep me completely shine free, it is still my favourite foundation that I own. The coverage is light-medium and does not feel heavy on my skin - I can barely feel it when I put it on!! I did not suffer from any break outs when I first used this which is great!! It has a slight scent which I like and blends nicely but dries quickly, the packaging is sleek and fits perfectly into my make-up bag. The only downside to the product would be the price, I bought mine for £33 which is quite expensive however it is a Chanel foundation and because I love the product so much I am willing to pay this much again. I also must add that I have been using it for around 2-3 months and I feel like it is beginning to run out (my Bobbi Brown BB cream lasted me a year!!) which is annoying because it is so expensive BUT I really like this product so I probably will repurchase :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by toto10000se

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this with several powders because it is not long lasting. It works best (for me) with pressed powder foundation. I also am trying Loreal True Match and there is no noticeable difference. You need to correct makeup after hours anyway so I don't see any point buying this one. Maybe spend twice as much and buy Sisley then there will be noticeable difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel had one good foundation for oily skin and they discontinued it. It was called Double Perfection. After this highly beloved foundation, I haven't been liking their foundations at all. This is watery, which I do not mind, but gives no coverage and is pretty streaky. In other words, it sits on the skin without blending. If I am buying Chanel, I am expecting Chanel high end quality. This, on the other hand, fails in quality compared to common drugstore foundations such as Revlon and L'Oreal. Compare this with L'Oreal's True Match at 1/5 of the price. LTM blends well, looks and feels better and is much more durable on oily skin. I don't recommend this even to my enemy. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by huiyann92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Coverage is moderate, with SPF 15. I generally have oily skin, with a little bit of acne scars and skin tone that is prone to redness. This foundation evens out my redness, although it does not provide much coverage for the acne scars. It's supposed to have a matte satin finish, which sadly only last for 2 hours?! I already had laura mercier oil free primer under and bare minerals mineral veil to set it. After 2 hours my face appears oily at the T-zone area. All in all, for the hefty price, I don't think it is worth it at all. I have tried better foundations from clinique (using the same primer and loose powder regimen) which had lasted much better without giving my face the oil slick look. I really regretted buying this. Sigh...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by carab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first time i used this foundation i did like it, the smell the texture and the finish it left on my skin was great. But after applying the foundation in the morning by mid day i notice this foundation sliding off my skin and the look of my skin became very shiny and oily. My pores also looked twice the size and i felt i had to apply another layer of foundation,

When using a SPF under this foundation i noticed it begins to roll off my skin and in the past couple of weeks of using this foundation i've had a terrible outbreak of spots and lumps and bumps under my skin and i'm 90% sure its because of this foundation as nothing else has changed in my skincare or make-up routine. I also felt this foundation to be drying on my cheeks too. I must say for the price of this foundation i'm very disappointed i had high hopes for this but it just doesn't work for me i'm afraid

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kimbowee

I am fair-skinned with freckles and made a trip to my local Chanel counter to find a sheer-medium coverage foundation that won't give an oily sheen. While I can pull off the "dewy" look in colder months, the summer means oily t-zone for me. I would like to add that I can never find foundation light enough for me and the only match I have ever really had was MAC nw10. The saleswoman immediately matched me to 12 beige rosé. The application in-store left a little to be desired, but I knew my own application would improve the look. I apply this product using my beauty blender and it gives me the perfect, even skin tone I am looking for without leaving my face barren of freckles. A little goes a long way. It dries with a true velvet finish and looks very natural. One thing I will point out is that a primer is definitely necessary due to the lightweight nature of the product. I have been experimenting with some mid-range primers and am getting close to the right combination.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product didn't work for me at all. While it delivers what it promises (a velvet complexion), it does so with a lot of alcohol and fragrance. I found the alcohol content to be overwhelming, leading to a dry complexion and teary eyes (I tend to have dry skin to begin with so this probably wasn't a good choice from the start). The color (BR12, the same as I wear in VA) seemed a little yellow despite the shade's name. Vitalumiere is a better choice for my skin.

EDIT: While I still think Vitalumiere Aqua is a better choice for me, I have begun to like this product. For me, it's all about the primer, and that is the case for any foundation I may use. With this foundation, I have to use a more emollient primer, such as Le Metier's Replenishing Daily Solution (which is really a moisturizer/sunscreen that happens to make a great primer, too) to cut back on some of the dryness this foundation creates. Chanel's Base Lumiere primer also works. It's also a good product for my mild rosacea as it works well at eliminating redness. I'm still not certain that I will purchase a full-size bottle once the generous samples the Bergdorf Goodman counter gave to me have run out. Perhaps I will, now that I know how to make it work. Stay tuned.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by andreachidisima

I went ahead and tried it, as I don't own any chanel product. I went to the store to get matched and I explain clearly a hundred times to the associate that I usually get the wrong color from stores, due to the lighting inside the stores. I also explain to her about my extreme yellow undertones. I was hesitant about getting the shade she suggested. 60 beige. so I ignored my feelings and got the shade she suggested and said looked better on me. next morning I wake up earlier to go play with my probable hg foundation. I put it on my arm and it looked pink. I put it on my face and I look like a pink ompa loompa. so I.went back that day to speak with the associate about her mistake and I found a different lady. I ask her if there's anything I can fix that pinkiness with and she gives me a sample of ow beige fluid. I went to ysland the lady there told me I could return the foundation, so I went back to the chanel counter and ask the lady to make the proper tramit. she did and SHE ASKED ME THE SAMPLE BACK!!! so I did not enjoy my chanel experience. i'm now scared to be color matched again and I can't try lebeige. that's the depressing customer service in Mexico.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is fantastic! Love it.

It's a breeze to apply and it sets quickly so that I can top it with a finishing powder right away. It's dry to the touch on my skin so I don't need to worry about powder blushes or highlighters moving it around. The finish is lovely, not matte exactly but it isn't reflective or dewy. More of a very natural satin finish and I especially like it with a dusting of Guerlain's pressed Meteorites powder. Wears so well too. Some of my more moisturizing foundations can fade after a long day and look slightly patchy in small areas but this stays put well, even in the heat.

My skin is normal, sometimes lightly dry in certain areas depending on weather and allergies, sometimes combination around my nose depending on the same things. I'm very sensitive too and actually had no luck with Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, which has a similar consistency (it irritated my face horribly). So I was wary trying this out but it hasn't caused any problems at all. It can accentuate dry patches though so I'm careful to exfoliate when I wear this. So perhaps extremely dry skin might find this uncomfortable or unflattering. I probably won't be reaching for this as often in winter when my skin is drier.

I like a very lightweight foundation, something that can be easily sheered out but still provides some evenness and this fits the bill. I dispense some on the back of my hand and then apply with my fingers. Spreads and blends seamlessly and you only need a little bit. I really love the silky, watery, fluid texture so much.

I have 10 Beige and it's a great match for my pale skin. For reference I'm 10 Beige in YSL Touche Eclat foundation, I10 in Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation, Porcelain in Laura Mercier TM.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by marie5324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually wear high coverage, long wear foundations but I was looking for something lighter for the summer. I tried this on in a department store and loved the look, texture, and scent. To me it smells like a white wine. It feels like you are not wearing makeup. However after buying it and wearing it to work, it did not work for my skin at all. I put it on at 7am and by lunch time it had almost completely worn off. In the places where it had not worn off, my t-zone and around my mouth, it looked very powdery and had left streaks on my face. I was very disappointed and returned it that same day. I have very dry skin so maybe this product only works on oily skin, though I did put on a heavy moisturizer prior to application.