March 1, 2015 | 2085 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2015 4:50:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

My absolute new HG. I have extreme combination skin with a very oily t-zone and dry, normal cheeks. When I finished up my entire bottle of Vitalumiere Aqua and YSL touche eclat, I decided that I would want to go for something a little bit more long lasting, something that is as glowy but being toned down a bit, and I found this. It blends like a dream. It retains tue wonderful blendability like VA as well as how lightweight and natural it is. It is more matte when conpared to VA, but does not make my skin look flat. It is like naturally glowy, but not as glowy as VA. For me Velvet makes the look more polished and more importantly it lasts longer on me I only need to touch up once during the day. It has a decent medium coverage which is perfect for me. I received so many compliments on my skin! The downside would be the limited shades. But B10 matches me perfectly in winter so it is alright. Another downside is the scent-it is a weird fruity scent and I dont like it, I definitely think that VA smells better. However the scent doesnt stay long like Makeup forever face & body, so I am not offended. Five lippies and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2015 11:13:00 AM More reviews by moonlight21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm in a love/hate relationship with this foundation. First of all, I love the little black packaging, it is adorable! I like its powdery and at the same time water-based formula, it applies so nicely and it gives a nice luminousity to my face expect my T zone, but however, my T-zone doesn't love this Chanel baby. Unfortunatelly, it looks scrathy and after couple of hours, my T-zone becomes a horror movie scene :( I don't regret buying it, but I don't think that I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2015 5:07:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is so so similar to Vitalumiere Aqua. For me, the difference is too small to justify owning both. I have mixed skin, with an oily T-zone and I though I would like this more than the Vitalumiere Aqua since it is more geared towards my type of skin. BUT although it does give a more matte / velvety finish, I do prefere the luminosity of Vitalumiere Aqua.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2015 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MacPeetster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation about 8 months ago. The SA recommended it to me. I wonder why since it's more marketed for oily skin where mine is more combo to dry. So this did clearly not work out for me. The consistency is not unique; it's comparable to Loreal's nude magic. However that one didn't dry out my skin as much as this one did. I think that for oily skin it would work well, since it dries to a powder almost instantly after application. And that's just the thing; powder foundations don't work for my skin. Opposite to this one Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua works amazingly on my skin. So this one is left standing on my vanity just being pretty but totally useless for me.. If you have oily skin, try to get a sample. Dry skin gals, keep this foundation on a distance and go for either YSL's Le Teint Touche Eclat or this one's sister in the beige bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Triggah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear beige 50. I have very oiliy skin and I must say I like it a lot. It's not high coverage but it is not marketed as high coverage its a nice medium light weight foundation that has a great smell. If you don't like smell it goes away. The foundation does oxidize on me. Let me know if anyone else has experienced that. I'm a huge Chanel foundation fan , mac tends to break me unless I prime a lot. The packaging could be better but the plastic keeps it lightweight and if you travel keeps your purse light.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Ilovemac522

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the summer as I was looking for something that wouldn't melt off my face in the heat of Florida in July like my MAC Mineralize was doing at the time. Ew. I did use it with a primer and I set it with MSF to help it lock into place and last longer as I knew going in this wouldn't be a long lasting totally full coverage foundation. That wasn't what I wanted. I personally like the smell of the product, it goes away if you aren't a fan. I have some redness in my cheeks but not too bad. This semi-covered it. It's not a huge issue, I just don't need blush. Overall, this product blends well and I found that it was best applied with my Beauty Blender. You can go in for a second layer if you want, it works if you blend well enough. I like it and am glad I have it in my arsenal. If you are looking for medium to full coverage, don't waste your money. But if you are in the market for a lightweight. light buildable foundation to even your skin tone that feels nice on the skin, then this is a nice choice if you want to spend the money. I kind of wish they wouldn't put it in the plastic bottle, makes it seem cheap when you just dropped $45.00 on foundation from Chanel...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by CaraMeow96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the look of this foundation on, it's beautifully smooth, feels light & covers redness (though I found it didn't cover the scarring on my T-Zone). However, I found the scent to be unpleasant (which says a lot because I have a terrible sense of smell), the wearing power to be weak (2 hours at best, even on my slightly dry, otherwise normal cheeks, maybe 4 with a good primer), and the colour to be slightly dull on my skin. While I'm sure this would be lovely on another skin type, it just didn't do me any favours, so if you're like me and have fairly radiant, combination skin leaning to oily, err on the side of caution with this foundation. Maybe try a sample first. The price is fair for such a high-end foundation, so it could be a good starting place for people venturing into premium brands, but the packaging also drove me mad. It looks decent, but certainly not worthy of how much it compromises the ease of dispensing - I found it extremely hard to get the right amount of product out, and even with vigorous shaking it still was slightly separated. It was also very hard to tell when the product was running out, as I only managed to tell when it was practically empty and it just simply stopped dispensing, meaning I had to wear some spare foundation for a few days before I could run out and get some more.

Unfortunately as well, it broke me out worse than most foundations I've ever worn - my skin became quite red and even my cheeks began to develop spots. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin calmed down again. It also made my skin incredibly itchy after about a month of wearing it (again, this stopped once I had tossed it away).

I so desperately wanted to love this foundation, since my mother uses it and finds it absolutely perfect for her skin, but it just does not love me back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: - Practical packaging - Contains SPF - Setting with a powder is not necessary (just the T-zone if you're really oily and a tiny tiny amount all over) - The finish is unlike any other (soft powder, velvet texture) - It doesn't oxidize on me - An above average longevity, I wouldn't say excellent because I would still need to blot throughout the day especially Cons: - Limited ways for application because of it's blendibility, it sets a little too fast for me (i.e fingers and damp sponges seems to work best) - Fragranced (it's a really pleasant peachy smell though) - Expensive - Limited shade range

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it!
gives a medium and buildable coverage that does not look cakey no matter how many layers i apply :)i would say a thin layer makes a perfect everyday foundation but more layers can make it full coverage.
even though its really good at not letting my oils come through, it has only a semi matte finish, and it claims to have light bending properties that make skin look good....i agree! it gives almost a semi luminous look that is simply splendid! only con i would say is that if you have dry skin or dry patches, this will not look good at all... make sure to moisturize!
has not broken me out at all.
price is a bit pricey, and packaging is plastic (i would have liked a nicer bottle, but this makes it extremely easy to travel)
lasts all day even with my oily t-zone.
Super light and does not feel heavy at all

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation.

I didn't like the "Vital Lumiere Aqua" either, but somehow I thought I would give another Chanel foundation a shot.

B10 is super pale. VLA's B10 is a darker beige compared to this warmer and just pale color.
When I try it on the back of my hands, it blends like a dream. it literally becomes second skin. but when I try to wear it on my skin, it just never blends into the skin. it feels like there is something in btw my skin and the foundation, and make my face look like I'm wearing a mask.

It also has a matte finish that wear out and become oily. my face looks flat and dull at first but oily and uneven a few hours later (I have dry skin and never have this problem)
accentuates all dry patches.

the only things I like is the price (I really think its fair for a Chanel foundation), smell (love the rose water scent), and the fact that its super light weight but somehow does offer coverage. it somehow gets thicker when it touches the face.