January 31, 2015 | 1036 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Triggah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wear beige 50. I have very oiliy skin and I must say I like it a lot. It's not high coverage but it is not marketed as high coverage its a nice medium light weight foundation that has a great smell. If you don't like smell it goes away. The foundation does oxidize on me. Let me know if anyone else has experienced that. I'm a huge Chanel foundation fan , mac tends to break me unless I prime a lot. The packaging could be better but the plastic keeps it lightweight and if you travel keeps your purse light.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2015 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Ilovemac522

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the summer as I was looking for something that wouldn't melt off my face in the heat of Florida in July like my MAC Mineralize was doing at the time. Ew. I did use it with a primer and I set it with MSF to help it lock into place and last longer as I knew going in this wouldn't be a long lasting totally full coverage foundation. That wasn't what I wanted. I personally like the smell of the product, it goes away if you aren't a fan. I have some redness in my cheeks but not too bad. This semi-covered it. It's not a huge issue, I just don't need blush. Overall, this product blends well and I found that it was best applied with my Beauty Blender. You can go in for a second layer if you want, it works if you blend well enough. I like it and am glad I have it in my arsenal. If you are looking for medium to full coverage, don't waste your money. But if you are in the market for a lightweight. light buildable foundation to even your skin tone that feels nice on the skin, then this is a nice choice if you want to spend the money. I kind of wish they wouldn't put it in the plastic bottle, makes it seem cheap when you just dropped $45.00 on foundation from Chanel...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by CaraMeow96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love the look of this foundation on, it's beautifully smooth, feels light & covers redness (though I found it didn't cover the scarring on my T-Zone). However, I found the scent to be unpleasant (which says a lot because I have a terrible sense of smell), the wearing power to be weak (2 hours at best, even on my slightly dry, otherwise normal cheeks, maybe 4 with a good primer), and the colour to be slightly dull on my skin. While I'm sure this would be lovely on another skin type, it just didn't do me any favours, so if you're like me and have fairly radiant, combination skin leaning to oily, err on the side of caution with this foundation. Maybe try a sample first. The price is fair for such a high-end foundation, so it could be a good starting place for people venturing into premium brands, but the packaging also drove me mad. It looks decent, but certainly not worthy of how much it compromises the ease of dispensing - I found it extremely hard to get the right amount of product out, and even with vigorous shaking it still was slightly separated. It was also very hard to tell when the product was running out, as I only managed to tell when it was practically empty and it just simply stopped dispensing, meaning I had to wear some spare foundation for a few days before I could run out and get some more.

Unfortunately as well, it broke me out worse than most foundations I've ever worn - my skin became quite red and even my cheeks began to develop spots. As soon as I stopped using it, my skin calmed down again. It also made my skin incredibly itchy after about a month of wearing it (again, this stopped once I had tossed it away).

I so desperately wanted to love this foundation, since my mother uses it and finds it absolutely perfect for her skin, but it just does not love me back.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Hera94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: - Practical packaging - Contains SPF - Setting with a powder is not necessary (just the T-zone if you're really oily and a tiny tiny amount all over) - The finish is unlike any other (soft powder, velvet texture) - It doesn't oxidize on me - An above average longevity, I wouldn't say excellent because I would still need to blot throughout the day especially Cons: - Limited ways for application because of it's blendibility, it sets a little too fast for me (i.e fingers and damp sponges seems to work best) - Fragranced (it's a really pleasant peachy smell though) - Expensive - Limited shade range

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it!
gives a medium and buildable coverage that does not look cakey no matter how many layers i apply :)i would say a thin layer makes a perfect everyday foundation but more layers can make it full coverage.
even though its really good at not letting my oils come through, it has only a semi matte finish, and it claims to have light bending properties that make skin look good....i agree! it gives almost a semi luminous look that is simply splendid! only con i would say is that if you have dry skin or dry patches, this will not look good at all... make sure to moisturize!
has not broken me out at all.
price is a bit pricey, and packaging is plastic (i would have liked a nicer bottle, but this makes it extremely easy to travel)
lasts all day even with my oily t-zone.
Super light and does not feel heavy at all

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation.

I didn't like the "Vital Lumiere Aqua" either, but somehow I thought I would give another Chanel foundation a shot.

B10 is super pale. VLA's B10 is a darker beige compared to this warmer and just pale color.
When I try it on the back of my hands, it blends like a dream. it literally becomes second skin. but when I try to wear it on my skin, it just never blends into the skin. it feels like there is something in btw my skin and the foundation, and make my face look like I'm wearing a mask.

It also has a matte finish that wear out and become oily. my face looks flat and dull at first but oily and uneven a few hours later (I have dry skin and never have this problem)
accentuates all dry patches.

the only things I like is the price (I really think its fair for a Chanel foundation), smell (love the rose water scent), and the fact that its super light weight but somehow does offer coverage. it somehow gets thicker when it touches the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation, it's my everyday go to base. It has a light to medium somewhat buildable coverage. The texture is really modern (hi there Lisa) and what I mean by that is that it has that very popular liquid powder finish a lot of new foundations that recently came out have (so i guess it's dupeable), but I haven't really tried out any of those. I read that loreal nude magique and the maybelline one have somewhat of a dry oil feel and this one definitely does not. It feels just like a powder when you rub it in. My favorite way to apply it is a buffing brush (I use RT) even though it Chanel tells you to exclusively use your fingers.
I sometimes set it with a powder since my skin is pretty oily and sometimes I don't. This is great for oily skin(natural matte finish, kind of like a luminous powder). I definitely do get a glow as the day progresses but I don't really obsess over that. The lasting power is awesome for pretty long days. What I also love is that you can easily touch it up throughout the day (I dont do that with any other foundation I own) due to its consitency. The foundation also has a super lightweight feel like no other I have ever tried.

Compared to Perfection Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua I would say that this is more of a VA for combo oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I am always searching for a new base. My skin is old and thin with the various ravages left from taking makeup on and off for over 30 years, and spending most of my teenage years lying in the sun with olive oil for protection, thus age spots, redness, shine, flakiness, dryness. I don't have lines but I do have discolouration which I believe is more ageing and I have a skin which seems to drink up product only to sweat it out some 3 hours later.

So I bought this on a whim. I like the packaging, it is neat and sleek. I am undecided about the colour (B10) which is firmly on the yellow side of the spectrum, which is fine, but it makes me look a bit yellow, I would love a more neutral shade.

The texture is a thin liquid, it has no substance to it, but it does have a rather strong scent which does not last fortunately.

What has suprised me, is that this product does what I want it to, it covers without caking, it is easily buildable, it sets on my skin without looking like a mask, and it stays there until I take it off, and I don't have to use powder unless I want to. In essence I look better after applying it than before, and that effect lasts for most of the day, I could almost use just this product and nothing else, minimal makeup at its best.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Finish is powdery matte. If you don't like matte things stay away go for vitalumiere Aqua. Due to the fact the finish is powdery this doesn't do my pores any favours straight away but look better as soon as I start producing a bit of oil. My skin is very greasy so this doesn't take long. People have commented on how nice this looks and I use no powder just a face serum underneath and no other things on my face. Lighter than the perfection lumiere which was a big plus for me although perfection lumiere didn't feel heavy. I have acne and coverage is fantastic for me. HOWEVER the colours my word. The b20 in this is so much more neutral even pink than my vitalumiere Aqua. I don't know what Chanel was thinking with these so called b shades which are still not yellow or beigey at all for me. Sadly I have to move to ysl fusion ink for a yellower tone. However due to the fact it works so well for really oily big pored skin like mine I have to repurchase and keep there and perhaps mix some yellow into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Mslucylynn

Im so in love with this foundation. I will continue to buy it. It really leaves my face so flawless and perfect!