November 26, 2014 | 1426 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation.

I didn't like the "Vital Lumiere Aqua" either, but somehow I thought I would give another Chanel foundation a shot.

B10 is super pale. VLA's B10 is a darker beige compared to this warmer and just pale color.
When I try it on the back of my hands, it blends like a dream. it literally becomes second skin. but when I try to wear it on my skin, it just never blends into the skin. it feels like there is something in btw my skin and the foundation, and make my face look like I'm wearing a mask.

It also has a matte finish that wear out and become oily. my face looks flat and dull at first but oily and uneven a few hours later (I have dry skin and never have this problem)
accentuates all dry patches.

the only things I like is the price (I really think its fair for a Chanel foundation), smell (love the rose water scent), and the fact that its super light weight but somehow does offer coverage. it somehow gets thicker when it touches the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by macFBfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation, it's my everyday go to base. It has a light to medium somewhat buildable coverage. The texture is really modern (hi there Lisa) and what I mean by that is that it has that very popular liquid powder finish a lot of new foundations that recently came out have (so i guess it's dupeable), but I haven't really tried out any of those. I read that loreal nude magique and the maybelline one have somewhat of a dry oil feel and this one definitely does not. It feels just like a powder when you rub it in. My favorite way to apply it is a buffing brush (I use RT) even though it Chanel tells you to exclusively use your fingers.
I sometimes set it with a powder since my skin is pretty oily and sometimes I don't. This is great for oily skin(natural matte finish, kind of like a luminous powder). I definitely do get a glow as the day progresses but I don't really obsess over that. The lasting power is awesome for pretty long days. What I also love is that you can easily touch it up throughout the day (I dont do that with any other foundation I own) due to its consitency. The foundation also has a super lightweight feel like no other I have ever tried.

Compared to Perfection Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua I would say that this is more of a VA for combo oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I am always searching for a new base. My skin is old and thin with the various ravages left from taking makeup on and off for over 30 years, and spending most of my teenage years lying in the sun with olive oil for protection, thus age spots, redness, shine, flakiness, dryness. I don't have lines but I do have discolouration which I believe is more ageing and I have a skin which seems to drink up product only to sweat it out some 3 hours later.

So I bought this on a whim. I like the packaging, it is neat and sleek. I am undecided about the colour (B10) which is firmly on the yellow side of the spectrum, which is fine, but it makes me look a bit yellow, I would love a more neutral shade.

The texture is a thin liquid, it has no substance to it, but it does have a rather strong scent which does not last fortunately.

What has suprised me, is that this product does what I want it to, it covers without caking, it is easily buildable, it sets on my skin without looking like a mask, and it stays there until I take it off, and I don't have to use powder unless I want to. In essence I look better after applying it than before, and that effect lasts for most of the day, I could almost use just this product and nothing else, minimal makeup at its best.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Finish is powdery matte. If you don't like matte things stay away go for vitalumiere Aqua. Due to the fact the finish is powdery this doesn't do my pores any favours straight away but look better as soon as I start producing a bit of oil. My skin is very greasy so this doesn't take long. People have commented on how nice this looks and I use no powder just a face serum underneath and no other things on my face. Lighter than the perfection lumiere which was a big plus for me although perfection lumiere didn't feel heavy. I have acne and coverage is fantastic for me. HOWEVER the colours my word. The b20 in this is so much more neutral even pink than my vitalumiere Aqua. I don't know what Chanel was thinking with these so called b shades which are still not yellow or beigey at all for me. Sadly I have to move to ysl fusion ink for a yellower tone. However due to the fact it works so well for really oily big pored skin like mine I have to repurchase and keep there and perhaps mix some yellow into it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Mslucylynn

Im so in love with this foundation. I will continue to buy it. It really leaves my face so flawless and perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by carachristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is a new addition to my collection but I think it's safe to write a review now based on how many times I've worn this foundation. Honestly I love the stuff, it's different than any other foundation that I have in my collection in the sense that it's actually a little bit of a light to medium coverage rather than a full coverage like I'm used to. I LOVE the smell, when I went to Macy's to purchase this.. that was the first thing I noticed. I've been reading about Chanel foundations and I finally just bought it and I'm so happy.
It's buildable coverage, and while I'm used to and comfortable with full-coverage... this has great coverage while still looking natural and blending with the skin. I'm very fair with pink undertones.. and Beige Rose matches me perfectly! I don't have to adjust it in any way.. it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for me. I have oily skin and use this over the Smashbox Light primer. The finish is beautiful and lasts all day. It has good coverage without looking too matte. I also used Laura Mercier's Smoothe Fluide which is very similar, but I like this one better. For reference, I am NC25-30 and wear this in 20 beige. Love it..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Ninthe

I love this foundation! The texture is lightweight and it looks so natural. The finish is beautiful, luminous without looking oily! I wear shade 020 (for reference MAC nc20/ Bobbi Brown 2.5 Warm Sand)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, so far. I'll update, because I know part of the reason I love it because of my lovely experience w the Nordstrom SA. The color is a good match for (Rose Beige) and the consistency is exactly what I love.

I bought Armani Matte the same day, and love this much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word...AMAZING! It's light, oil free, long wearing, non fragranced and you can build the coverage where you need it and reapply it throughout the day without build up. I use it over the CHANEL CC cream and my skin looks flawless all day long.