October 21, 2014 | 901 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word...AMAZING! It's light, oil free, long wearing, non fragranced and you can build the coverage where you need it and reapply it throughout the day without build up. I use it over the CHANEL CC cream and my skin looks flawless all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Miek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great, no, fantastic foundation! Much better than Mat Lumière from Chanel. This foundation is very easy to apply and to blend into the skin. It feels not heavy at all. Even in hot weather, (I could test it during a business trip in the summer heat in Greece ;-) )no heavy feeling or a feeling of 'I want to wash my face right now'. Beige 20 is an excellent colour for me. I am 44 years of age have combination skin with regular breakouts. However, those breakouts seem to be fading using this foundation in combination with Eve Lom cleanser and SPF50 moisturizer. A keeper! Or maybe even a HG :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Bonafidevixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, I'm an oil slick. Oily oily oily. The only foundation that lasts and still looks like I have makeup on at the end of the day is the Double Wear. My oil will pretty much eat through anything. I still get shiny with the double wear but it lasts. I'm 30 but I have a ton of fine lines on my upper lip and lower nose area and smile lines. I also have acne prone skin and lots of dark spots from acne but I'm not sensitive.
This is the only foundation that doesn't skin into my fine lines. I think that in itself is a miracle. It feels like water on the skin, then it feels like nothing. The finish is soooo beautiful and smooth and natural looking. Such a beautiful no-makeup look. I think it's aptly named perfection. It's unlike any foundation I've tried. It's better than the hourglass liquid to powder. It's finish is more thin and natural.
My only gripe is that it lasts an hour on me and is literally all gone. I have redness on my cheeks and my cheeks aren't that oily and the sheer-medium coverage is gone. It's like I haven't put anything on. There's no obvious break down of the foundation and no oiliness but it's just gone! It saddens me sooooo much cos this would be my hg foundation. If this lasted on my skin this would be the only foundation I use forever and at $80 aud that's saying a lot. My sister has purchased it and loves it's lightweight nothing feel. It'll last on less oily skinned girls.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yikes, this lil guy did not work with my dry & sensitive skin. I wanted to love it so badly; packaging is super cute (con- no pump), I oddly enjoy the fragrance (smells like fruity candy), and it did not accentuate my pores. I tried a variety of application methods with different moisturizers and primers (stippling brush, beauty blender, flat top, fingers, etc.) and none fit the bill. I purchased the shade 30 which was actually a spot-on match for my neutral-leaning cool fair-medium skin tone. Once applied to the skin, within nearly minutes the formula changed to a chalky feel and left my face looking dull and flat. Lasting power was fairly decent, although for this price I want to invest in an outstanding foundation and for me this just wasn't it. Not sure if this would best suit someone with dry skin but everyone's skin is different so go get yah-self a sample and try it out before purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

EDIT: After trying this out for a few days, I've noticed that it is remarkably similar to my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation which I have a full bottle of currently. The Naked Skin also has a better shade selection for rosey tones so I probably won't be picking this one up for a while though I do love it.
I picked up a sample of this makeup the other day from Holt Renfrew and overall I am really pleased with it! I have dry skin and didn't like the Perfection Lumière foundation so I didn't go in with high hopes but it has certainly met/exceeded my expectations. I was curious about trying this because I have been a loyal user of the Vitalumière Aqua foundation for the past 3 years but have always found the finish a bit too luminous for my taste and since this one is supposed to be matte, I was really eager to try it. The shade I picked up was B10. I was really disappointed that Chanel only sells 6 shades of this foundation in Canada and among them was not my proper match, BR12. Since my skin falls more on the neutral side of rosy, it seems to be working out decently well but it isn't quite the same perfect match as my Vitalumière Aqua. The foundation is really thin and lightweight which is perfect in my opinion because much like Vitalumière Aqua, it doesn't feel like you have any foundation on your skin when you're wearing it. Your skin can still breathe through the makeup which has really helped me with my acne. The finish of this foundation is very velvety, a 'matte but not flat' look- it just looks like skin. It also feels and looks incredibly smooth on my skin, gliding over my pores and making my skin look tight and healthy. My boyfriend who rarely comments on my face makeup (we've been dating for 3 years, he's commented once or twice) immediately said without me even mentioning that I was trying a new foundation that my skin look very smooth and healthy. This foundation lasted on my skin for a good 9 hours and only started looking ever so slightly oily around the 6 hour mark- mind you I have drier skin so oilier skin will likely yield different results. The only thing that I'm not fond of when it comes to this foundation is the scent. I hated the smell of Perfection Lumière when I tried it and it is exactly the same. It is way too potent and floral and makes me feel a bit suffocated when putting on my makeup but it doesn't last too long so I can live with it. If you are sensitive to fragrance, you will not like this. I only wish they had made it the same scent as Vitalumière Aqua which smells divine and isn't nearly as strong. When comparing Vitalumière Aqua and Perfection Lumière Velvet, I actually think I prefer the Perfection Lumière Velvet because it just makes my skin look so perfect and gives me the finish that I love. It also lasts an hour or two longer and I'm not constantly reaching in my bag for blotting paper. I plan to purchase this as soon as possible and hope I can get a few months use out of it before my skin becomes too flaky for matte foundation unfortunately. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by RxSalon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cannot understand any negative reviews on this one. It's absolutely incredible. For a no make up "make-up" look this foundation delivers. My skin looks so natural, clean, soft and even. I don't feel any heaviness or that "I must wash off now" feeling. It makes skin look soft and warm. I use this with the Chanel Blanc. Love that too. Chanel has done an outstanding job here. And the smell..

BTW, I am 44 years old. I have breakout skin, oily. I use additional sunscreen. So important that products do not clog! This one does not at all, at least not so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by gossamer1013

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After the heartbreak of discovering Mat Lumiere has been discontinued, I started the search for a new one. I found this to be completely non-buildable, pasty/chalky looking, clings to whatever bits of skin are left from previous breakouts. If the look I was going for were to have very obvious foundation that magnifies my pores and settles into lines I didn't even know I had all while disappearing from my nose leaving me with a shiny, shiny spot, this would be the one.

Yes, the fragrance is strong, but if I can stand No. 7 matte foundation, which smells like Valerian root, that's not a deal-breaker. (For those of you who don't know what Valerian root is, it's an herbal sleep aid that's been described as having the scent of horrible foot odor. Other say that that's not fair to those who suffer from horrible foot odor, as Valerian smells much, much worse.)

The best thing I can say about it is that Chanel is supposed to have a good return policy so I won't have to live with it. I've given it a week, apart from one morning where I was in a rush and didn't have time for the endless blending one must do to get the streaks out (and instructions say not to use sponge or brush with this). Feh. This is not one you can just blend into splotchy areas (I'm looking at you fondly, Mat Lumiere) and call it good enough. No, you're going to need a comfy makeup chair because you're going to be blending a long, long time. How can something this liquidy make one look so covered in flakes *and* oily? It's like they found the best of both worlds, and then created this in an alternate, horrific dimension where every day is opposite day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

This foundation is amazing. It covers acne so nicely, and it doesn't even feel like you're wearing any product with it on!!
Not to mention it looks so natural: it gives you that kind of that-girl's-skin-is-so-naturally-flawless-she-doesn't-even-need-foundation look, if you know what I mean. The staying power is also great! My only complaint is it is a little pricey. But if you can get the money for it... I say it's definitely worth it! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

I absolutely love this formula. It is very runny and perfect for building up without caking and smells lovely (in my opinion, anyways; the fragrance is a little fruity). It sinks into your skin to create that perfect can't-even-tell-I'm-wearing-foundation finish. The coverage is sheer to medium, so I always follow up with my Nars concealer to cover up my acne scars that peek through. Not the MOST mattifying of foundations, but it does not melt off by the day's end (after blotting once and touching up with powder a few times). I am NC20-25 and the 20 Beige was a great match before I got significantly tanner the past month. A frivolous complaint I have is with the opaque black packaging, which makes it impossible for me to tell how much I have left before I have to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by louise97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation gives a lovely matte-velvet finish, although it does not keep me completely shine free, it is still my favourite foundation that I own. The coverage is light-medium and does not feel heavy on my skin - I can barely feel it when I put it on!! I did not suffer from any break outs when I first used this which is great!! It has a slight scent which I like and blends nicely but dries quickly, the packaging is sleek and fits perfectly into my make-up bag. The only downside to the product would be the price, I bought mine for £33 which is quite expensive however it is a Chanel foundation and because I love the product so much I am willing to pay this much again. I also must add that I have been using it for around 2-3 months and I feel like it is beginning to run out (my Bobbi Brown BB cream lasted me a year!!) which is annoying because it is so expensive BUT I really like this product so I probably will repurchase :)