Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 7/29/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This isn't a thrilling foundation but it's decent. I like it but I don't love it. It's sheer to light. Has nice shades to choose from. Has a smidgen of SPF but not much. I will probably try other foundations rather than buy this one again.

PROS:

There is a good color match in this for me: Beige 10 is a nice neutral, not too yellow and not too pink.

Light coverage helps even out the skin.

Weightless feel.

Has a little sun protection which is part titanium dioxide and doesn't irritate my skin.

The plastic container with agitator ball inside is easier than a glass bottle with pump for travel.

Doesn't seem to aggravate breakouts.

CONS:

I would like actually like more coverage but I don't want to cake this on. I want something that looks more finished and less like a tinted moisturizer. This has a "velvet" finish and I'd rather have matte or demi-matte.

SPF 15 is better than nothing, but not enough to be my only source of sunscreen.

Has a tiny bit of fragrance, and I wish they wouldn't add fragrance to the makeup.

I like the finish I get with the regular Perfection Lumiere better, but it has even more fragrance than this.

Expensive at $45

Chanel is not cruelty free.

INGREDIENTS:

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Im a mac nc37-40. I tried getting samples and the Chanel lady was very generous . I tried the B40 shade and it's decent. It's very light in tone that if i apply it all over my face , it wouldnt match my neck . I like it so much! There were nights thag i couldnt sleep because ive been reading reviews extensively. I couldnt get over the smell too! I freakin love the rosewater smell and the technology behind the foundation. It dried into a powdery velvet soft finish thag i like. You know the feeling when you wash your face in the morning with a gentle foaminh wash. It left me feeling fresh. I wear it to work and ive noticed that as it stays on the face, it makes the skin appear more lifted . I cant explain. It's like I applied a glycolic cleanser or maybe its just the alcohop content. I was matched b50 though but it oxidized on me. I still love it though. I wear it just on days i wanna look laid back and fresh . I dont use my contour and bronzer with this because it's already warm and reddish on me. I think im gonna buy the B40 soon after saving up. By the way this is the first chanel foundie that ive tried . I apply it with my real techniques expert face brush. I set it with a powder and it's done.

on 7/14/2015 3:11:00 PM

I noticed that a coworker of mine had perfect skin. I asked her what her secret was, and she said regular facials and Chanel makeup only. Well, I'm not quite at the salary where regular facials will be possible, so I drink a lot of water and do what I can to take care of my skin. The Chanel foundation takes care of the rest. Within a week of regular wear, I had strangers complimenting me on my skin. 6 months later, I don't think I can ever go back to mid-range foundation.

Coverage- it can be light or heavy, depends on how you apply. I dot the foundation straight from the bottle onto my face and blend with my fingers. Set with a translucent powder.

Lasts all day. Minimal creasing under the eyes. I live in South Florida and sweat walking from my door to my car, and this foundation can take the heat. Dries quickly so you can move on to other things.

Skin type- during the summer OILY and sweaty! Spring, Fall, Winter: Normal to Dry. Got this foundation in January and it hasn't let me down once.

Color range- My Beige Rose has taken me from pale (for South Florida) to Tan (-ish, I slather on sun screen like its my job) with just a little boost from some bronzer. From what I saw at the counter, not a very large range of darker colors :(

I bought mine at the Chanel counter at Saks Fifth Avenue. The lady who works the counter there has worked for Chanel for 25 years and is a wealth of knowledge on make up and everything else. She remembers who I am every time I pass the counter, and always has good recommendations for me. (she's flattered me into buying their eyeliner- that's another review!)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation ever! Finish: matte but natural and still radiant. This is the Chanel take on the "modern matte". Coverage: light to full coverGe. That may sound impossible but if you use a wet beauty blender it will be sheer. If you use a flat kabuki it will be medium and if you use a beauty blender dry it is full coverage. Breakouts: I had a minor breakout when I first started using his foundation but it think it was more because I changed my moisturizer. Fragrance: this is heavily fragrances but it dissipates quickly. Price: the price is fair, about 45$ (I believe?) which is less that the hourglass foundation that I also like and about the same price as the matte Laura Mercier. Packaging: very good for travel. Color range: horrible. I'm half black and only the last two shades work on my skin (one when I'm pale the other when I'm tan). This is my holy grail foundation.

on 6/21/2015 9:58:00 AM

This was the first Chanel foundation I tried.

I bought this on a whim as I had seen it recommended for oily and acne prone skin.

It is quite runny and I dot it over my face and blend with a damp beauty blender. I leaves an extreme powder finish, feels velvety as the name suggests.

It is a very runny formula and I would put this in the medium/high coverage, but not the highest. It covers blemishes well and is a very light formula. Has a slight scent like the VLA. I found that although I didn't need to powder immediately, I would still be quite oily by lunchtime and have to powder throughout the day. It does last well on the skin and doesn't slide off.

I really like this foundation and have repurchased it in the past, however since trying the VLA I have to say I would rather repurchase the latter having now tried both.

on 6/16/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Does feel nice on skin and helps with oiliness but does not cover evenly especially in places like nose, chin and in between brows. My skin is very oily with some dryness and acne scarring so would not recommend if you have similar skin. Looks worse with powder over. Looks best with light coverage then a misting of make up setting spray. I cannot wear like this with my skin unfortunately

on 6/15/2015 4:29:00 PM

It's a decent foundation I would say, but if I pay that kind of money decent is not enough for me. First of all starting with advantages, I like that it is very liquidy, thin, feels like skin, light to medium coverage, looks natural on skin but still conceals major imperfections. Now going to the bad things, I have combination skin, and I feel that is really drying, it highlights any dry patches, it's too matt, I don't like that powdery finish, maybe it would be very good for extremely oily skin. I also find that it doesn't last at all, like after 2 - 3 hours the foundation is almost gone from my nose area.

on 6/5/2015 5:40:00 PM

I received a sample of this. I tried it for several days. It initially went on quite nicely and the color match and coverage was good too... but by the end of the day it settled in pores. Polka dotted face is not my idea of pretty. Next.

on 6/2/2015 12:20:00 AM

Hands down my favorite foundation ever! The finish it perfect on it's own and doesn't need to be set with powder. I love the packaging as well, it's easy to squeeze out the perfect amount.

on 5/28/2015 9:01:00 PM

Pros:
Great for oily skin, lasts and lasts, doesn't separate
Dries instantly (might be a con for some?)
Smells good (wears off very quickly)
Medium-full coverage

Cons:
EXTREMELY drying, not a foundation for everyday
Very liquidy can apply a little bit patchy because of this
Packaging isn't the greatest
High price

It made my very oily skin start to peel after using it for a week. I only use it every now and then when I really need my foundation to last.