July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Stick - Hard Candy - CC tinted moisturizing stick

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I literally thought this was awesome when I first put it on. It looked great, but it was applied over my morning makeup. I don't know if layering it over old foundation was what made it look so great, but I was seriously shocked and I fell in love....until the next day. I wore this foundation alone. It looked pretty good. It didn't seem to have the full coverage it had the night before, but It wasn't bad. A little flatter, but nothing I couldn't deal with. What ended up being a deal breaker for me was the way this stuff sort of foamed up and broke down. I looked like I had a disease half-way through my day. It looked aweful, aweful, aweful!!! I don't think I have ever seen foundation look this bad. I threw some other BB cream I had over it and returned this junky stuff.

If you want a stick foundation that works nicely and is in the same price range check out the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation stick. Much nicer and doesn't have the acidic looking foamy breakdown.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by KittehG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awful. Dry, cakey, unnaturally yellow. Everything about this is awful. At least I only wasted 7 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by geisha36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is marketed as a tinted moisturizer, don't waste your money, it isn't. My skin is dry; that's why I bought it in the first place. I put it on with just my fingers and the picture wasn't pretty: it pilled, made my pores look like they were magnified, emphasized my fine lines. the staying power is awful! I would never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I've always been interested in the whole stick concept for foundation and what not, but this was the first one I went for. I have fair skin, so I went with the lightest shade they have. The packaging isn't the best, but I didn't have the same problems as a previous reviewer. I would say the texture of the product is dryer than I explected, but I have oily/combination skin, so it doesn't stick to my rare dry patches. There's a little marble colour correcting spot in the center of the product surrounded by the shade of your choice. I don't think the CC part really did much in my opinion. I also didn't find that it oxidized on me much if any. I like to blend it out with my fingers since it does need a bit of warming up and I don't think using a brush initially would work out well for most people. Coverage is what I expected. Obviously it's not going to cover up a lot as it is a "tinted moisturizer", but it did seem to even me out a bit as I have some redness around my nose. I didn't see it wear off too quickly either, although I do use a primer before I put makeup on my face, and I also use a light dusting of power over everything. Over all, I don't mind this stuff. When you think about it, it is only 6 or 7 dollars, and it's marked as a tinted moisturizer so keep that in mind. If you're looking for something a bit lighter for summer, this work decently and I can see it travelling well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ran across this tinted moisturizer in a stick at Walmart so for $7, I decided to give it a try. I have dry skin and normally use very little foundation on my skin. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so I picked the second lightest color and it matches my skin perfectly. I swatch lightly on my forehead, cheeks and chin and then blend with a foundation brush. I use a different foundation (something with a little more coverage) for my nose which always had a little redness. I've been using the tinted foundation stick for a few weeks and it looks great.
I put a little powdered bronzer on my face and the foundation lasts all day. There are not very many colors in this tinted foundation stick but if you have dry to semi dry skin that is fair, I would recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by myan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible. Everything about his product is terrible. The packaging is so cheap and the plastic covering doesn't fit tightly which causes air to seep through and dry out this product. Not to mention that the plastic cap can fall off and make a mess in your purse. The formula is so dry, cakey, and sticky with light coverage. The shade selection is very unnatural ranging from VERY yellow to VERY orange. This didn't even last 30 minutes on my oily skin without completely breaking down, oxidizing and settling in my fine lines. When touching up with my translucent powder it created this blotchy mess all over my T-zone and sticks all over your brush or sponge. Dislike this product not worth your $6.