Korres Wild Rose Peeling Mask

Aqua/Water/Eau, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Propylheptyl Caprylate, Cetearyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/ Leaf Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Eugenol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Lactic Acid, Lecithin, Panthenol, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

For reference I don't normally use strong peels. I played around with Ren Glycolactic Peel, a Caudalie one and a Philosphy one. By comparison, I saw better results with Philosophy and Korres but also some irritation.

This peel seemed like a good option considering it contains 10% glycolic acid and seemed to have a gentle preparation. So, I thought it would be a good investment. If it was too strong, I'd use it less frequently but still enjoy thorough exfoliation!

However, it didn't quite happen that way for me. The first time I used this peel, I noticed straight away how well exfoliated my skin was. However, it was also rather sensitised. My skin didn't look and feel stronger, if that makes sense. The other times I used it, I decided I had to use this peel at most once a week, even maybe twice a month only. I also decided I'd leave it on my skin for less than the recommend 10 minutes.

Leaving it on for 8 minutes still provided good exfoliation, however the irritation was still happening. At this stage, by 'irritation' I mean my skin looked red, a little bit burned between my eye brows and less healthy than before. It's difficult to explain, my skin was glowing more due to the exfoliation but looked worse. I decided to use it for less minutes but then it was no longer effective at exfoliating. Also if I only used it once a month, I would have to find another alternative for more regular exfoliation. I don't have time for that. I ended up throwing it away.

I have to point out, however, that the Olay night elixir, which also has a high concentration of glycolic acid, caused me the same sensitivity. So, perhaps it's not the products' fault at all. It could well be that might skin does not react well to high dosages of glycolic acid.

I also didn't like the open jar, I thought it was not appropriate for a glycolic acid infused product. Also, I didn't like the scent- too strong of roses. The texture was nice and creamy.

Overall this product does what it is meant to, which is to exfoliate adequately. I think it's a good product but as others I have tried in the past, with a high content of glycolic acid, it proved too harsh for me.

I got a sample of this from sephora, and for the longest time it sat forgotten in a drawer. When I finally used it, I was so impressed I went out and got the full size the next day. For a while I have had these subclinical acne bumps on my forehead, and in one use it got rid of about 2/3 of them. Nothing else has done anything for me, even pro/derm grade products. Plus the smell is really nice and luxurious, which is not always the case with peels. I also found it to be gentle, once the initial tingling wore off.

This is a BRILLIANT product. really!!! i was on a search for a good exfoliator without rubbing and scrubbing and stuff.
This one exholiates due to 10%AHA indredients, you just apply on your cleansed face, avoiding eye area and rinse it in 5-10 minutes according to skin sensitivity.
It worked MIRACLES on my skin since now.
i have to say i m only using it for a week, so 2 applications, but i have a combination prone to breakouts skin, and no irritation or breakout occured so far.
if anything changes on the future i will edit the review for you.
it took away all dead shells, the skin is luminous and fresh and really soaks all hydration from any product apllied after.
it has a quite vivid perfume which some of you who prefer odorless products may dislike, but i absolutelly LOOVE the scent..
the best part is that it comes in a reasonable price. i bought it in a gift package with a complementary product of 20ml wild rose overnight sleeping facial mask, which is a great choice to follow with, after the peeling. i only payed about 27 euros for both of them.
my skin feels greatfull for the time being.

Popular Masks