August 31, 2014 | 1089 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Aromatherapy Jasmine Vanilla body lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a birthday gift from a older family member. Her favorite color is red so I have a feeling she picked this out for me because she liked the bottle lol If I am 100% honest, I was not in love with this scent initially but I liked the bottle. Smelling it straight from the bottle, it kind of reminded me of Baby Magic lotions. It's has this really strong, powdery-ish/baby smell to it. Which for some who like that, they'd love this but for me I'm not a fan of.

Regardless for the initial dislike, I went ahead and decided to try this since it was a present. The Aromatherapy line seems to be scented much more strongly than some of the other B&BW lines. The scent lasts about 3-5 hours for me. Around the three hour line is when I start liking this scent. It settles down to more of a sweet, smoky floral scent then. That's what i enjoy and why I keep end up reapplying this every day.

About 7 pumps of lotion does my whole body and it dries to a somewhat matte finish. The thing I probably love the most about this is that it's not overly oily but it's still moisturizing enough and makes my skin really soft. Sometimes with lotions, when I start sweating it will make me all greasy and slimy feeling, but this isn't the case with this one. So I actually put it on instead going unused along with all the other lotions at the back of the bathroom cabinet I only look at when it's time to clean down there.

Overall, I'm not crazy about the scent but I adore the finish and effects this lotion has on my skin. I don't think I would repurchase this but I am definitely interested in trying more scents from the Aromatherapy line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MES

I'm generally not a huge fan of BBW scents, I find most of them to be too sweet and flowery for my taste. I do however like their Aromatherapy line, and this is my current favorite. The jasmine and vanilla are well balanced, one does not over power the other. The scent is fairly long lasting, I'd say a good 3- 4 hours. I really want to try the body spray in this scent next.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of my favorite body lotions my senior year of high school. I'm not a huge floral girl, but I do love Jasmine in any way, shape, or form I can get it. This is just a beautiful, feminine fragrance. I can see how some people wouldn't like it, and it's not especially moisturizing, but if you like vanilla-y florals, go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have said it before, I am not a fan of vanilla. But I guess I am in denial. This is one of my favorite scents...hands down.

BBW does a good job of strategically placing the vanilla and letting the jasmine work its spicy magic.

I don't purchase a lot of this because it is VERY strongly scented and I do get sick of it after awhile. BUT, I am constantly drawn to it when I want to feel sexy and powerful. It is not for the faint at heart.

It's also not a good everyday moisturizer bc it leaves a powdery residue.

I would give it a higher rating if they could somehow preserve more of the floral in the dry down and lighten it up a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by cindel25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I brought it cause BBW was having a sale and thought I switch it up.

It moisturizes and absorbs pretty well. The scent smells like baby powder to me and I'm getting high off it. It is a long lasting scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by michex8

This has a nice, smokey-vanilla smell!

I went for a walk and when I came back (all sweaty) the scent was still there! I know some people might not be a fan of the smokey smells, but I am.

It does moisturize my skin quite well! But I don't think it would work on my really really dry, chapped elbows. I wouldn't use it as a face moisturizer either.

This is strictly a lotion for your neck down.

I bought the small 5.00 bottle at the semi-annual sale. I would definitely buy the smaller bottle again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Daaaaamn. I am in love with this. We received a package of products in this scent for our wedding. This stuff totally reminds me of the honeymoon. Good memories! ;) Anywho. The smell is very very strong, so it might not be right for some, but I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by sjsharkslover

I got this in a home fragrance oil and was convinced it was lovely. After some time in the burner it started to smell like someone had smoked a few days ago and tried to cover up the smell. Onto the lotion I was told that I smelled like an old lady and someone said I smelled like mothballs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you like the scent, this is a nice lotion. It moisturizes well, has a nice medium consistency, and absorbs pretty well. The bottle is very cute! However, this scent was headache-inducing for me!! It's a very assertive fragrance that wears for a long time. I only tried the lotion on my hands, and after washing multiple times, I could still smell the scent on me. I can't stand patchouli normally, but thought I might give this lotion a try because of the reviews I'd read here. Needless to say, I still can't stand it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I'have a strong inborn prejudice against floral-vanilla combinations. I don't think they could ever work together under any circumstances, and until today, I have not given them a ghost of a chance. Well, being desperate to find a decent item to buy so I could use up my free BBW product coupon, I finally gave the body lotion a try.

Oh. My. God. Vanilla jasmine, where have you been all my life? It's lightly spicy, and so incredibly sexy and comforting, I couldn't believe my nose. This has single-handedly changed my mind about combining florals with a vanilla base, this lotion is just amazing, I just wish it had a matching body spray so I can douse myself in it. (I know there's a pillow spray, but I'd feel weird using that :P)