August 22, 2014 | 1060 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Chai shower gel

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

If you are looking for a chai tea smell this isn't it. Move on now. This gel lathers really well but is drying. It smells kinda like black tea maybe. Not sweet at all. Very dry herb smell

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I really like this. In theory. There's nothing I like more when showering during fall and winter time, than spices. Spices! And lots of them! Chai seemed to be the perfect catch. But by the time I had used it a few times, I came to understand the probable cause for its status of discontinuation (Chai is available from the Retro range only). The tea note is fine, the typical chai notes are fine, but then there's this... weird... slightly unpleasant... smell. Of something. I figure it's the all-spice ingredient. It makes it smell like bad oriental food. And I donšt want to shower in food smell, I wanted to have cinnamon, cloves and ginger smelling showers.

I wanted to love this so bad, but I won't buy this again. And how on earth do I finish my 500 ml bottle..?!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by TOSIN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh no no no no, I had such high hopes for this! I thought it would be a slightly spicier more tea like version of philosophy's cinnamon buns but how wrong was I?!! It has a very strong straight spicy scent with a bitterness to it, just like smelling a jar of mixed spices. No sweetness or yumminess at all. I haven't used it yet, I can't bring myself to after smelling it in the bottle and I'm planning on returning it anyway. I'll bet its very warming though, it smells so spicy that it would probably burn! Don't like this at all and will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didnt care for this. Its pretty spicy smelling. I like the drinks though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed with this. I was really hoping it would smell like Chai tea, but it wasn't even close. To me it has a strong black tea scent and you can smell the allspice. It's a little too earthy for me. I would never use it again, my husband doesn't mind using it and I do admit it seems to smell better on him than on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Through a generous swap, I received about 20 bottles of Lush shower gels to try. This was the first one I tried, and I was not impressed. (Although I'm really liking The Olive Branch!) It really didn't do anything for my skin, moisturizing or cleansing-wise. It was just kinda average. Except for the smell. I can accept that it smelled nothing like chai tea. This is what I think it smells like: Ever been to one of those pioneer recreation villages? With some log cabins, blacksmith, school and general store? This smells exactly like what the general store always smelled like. A mix of woodsmoke, pine tar, and spices. It's not a bad smell, just not a smell I'd want to be washing my body in. For that reason, I won't re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by BurberryLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has horrible reviews. I think it's because it's named "chai". It really doesn't smell anything like chai tea. I personally think chai tea smells like sweet vomit so I wouldn't WANT it to smell like chai tea. I love the taste of chai tea so don't get me wrong. If you put the name of this aside... This smells like warmth. It smells like a concoction your Mom would make to help you feel cozy and warm when you're feeling down. Somehow it even feels warm on your skin. It's not a scent that I would want to buy as a perfume, but it's very relaxing as a shower gel. If you're into aromatherapy and it's benefits give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Chai is a pretty decent shower gel. It smells spicy and mysterious. I really like it. I don't love it by no means though. It lathers really nicely and leaves your skin scented for a while. The smell can kinda get on your nerves if used daily though..cloing in a waaay. I mean since it's discontinued i wouldn't break my back to stock up on it (as they have brought it back for a limited time offer) or anything. BUT..if they did decide to bring it back i probably would scoop up a bottle just because.

UPDATE: You know i've been craving to get my hands on some Chai. Weird. I think lookin' back, i really did love Chai the whole time and didn't realize nor appreciate it until it was gone =(. I would always catch myself going to sniff the bottle every now and again to get a wiff of that deep, spicy, misteriousnesssss haha. Well thank goodness for Lush Retro because im gonna place an order right away=) YAY. Don't dismiss it so fast ladies..it might just grow on you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

Yes, I'd like to buy this product again, but we're not able to anymore!
After reading some poor reviews about this shower gel, I didn't intend to try it (also because I've never smelled Chai tea before). But I got a sample of it in a swap and I fell in love with it. I think it's the cinnamon that hit the right spot! I can't really describe it, but it's a warm, comforting scent. I'm very sad it's discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by dirgeforajoker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers that this does not smell like chai at all and has a sickening spicy scent. Worse than that, it doesn't lather at all nor moisturize. I can't believe they stopped making Skinny Dip... it was the best. :(