Tom Ford Eye Primer Duo

1.4

on 5/29/2015 1:48:00 PM

Tried this and was dismayed. To have to take 2 steps to not even come close to what most primers can do in a single step is absurd. This "held" my eyeshadow worse than if I had layered eyeshadow directly on my oily lids. At first I thought I was using it wrong, but after repeatedly trying it, and seeing the other reviews on here I gave up, and am back to my NARS primer staple.

I guess I had to find a bad product in the TF$ line, and this was it.

on 1/26/2015 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This didn't work for me at all. The primer felt too thick and heavy on my eyelids and never seemed to entirely dry down. There was a slight tackiness to it even after a couple of hours. Despite being creamy, it just didn't spread well and was difficult to apply evenly. Ultimately it looked heavier and cakey in some areas and thinner in others.

The translucent powder didn't offer anything by means of longevity, nor did it do much to set the primer. It seems like a good but basic transluscent powder, colorless and thin, not overly powdery or dusty. I like the convenience of a primer and setting powder in one package, but since neither product works well it's pretty useless to me.

I'm a NW10, more neutral than cool, and the primer looked starkly peachy on me as well as being about two shades too dark. It's very warm toned. I think this should come in a range of color options rather than offering one option as a universal color.

I want my eye primers to be thin so that I don't have heavy layers of product on my delicate eye area weighing everything down and looking built up with primer/setting powder/eyeshadow/liner. It's just too much. I've been using NARS eye primer for a few years and I prefer the silky texture and great lasting power to this. Also, the NARS primer only requires one thin layer to make my eyeshadows ultra pigmented and budge-proof all day.

I've tried this several times now and each time I get more frustrated. This is going back.

on 4/14/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: Nope, nope, nope, this primer is garbage... For some reason, after a couple of weeks I began to notice that my "smoky" eye was extremely light... faded. It's just blah. I've found the UD Anti-Aging Primer is pretty good since it's not as "sticky" as the origianl and helps eliminate steps. Painterly is still gold. This did not hold eyeshadow for me.ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm surprised at the negative reviews. I have tried TFSI, UDPP, MAC paint and paint pots, LM eye basics, NARS, etc etc... And I really like this because it helps me eliminate steps. I always always used to use UDPP or NARS with painterly and/or a translucent powder over it because otherwise my shadows were not blendable: they'd just stick to my lid. This eliminates painterly because it evens out my lids with a little color, and has the built-in translucent that makes my shadows glide more effortlessly. Is it the best primer ever? I don't know but it's my current fave as it eliminates there large products into one simple package. I didn't have any creasing and I wore my shadows with this every day for a week. Maybe I just am not that picky because as long as I use a primer and translucent powder I feel like I can make anything work other than TFSI.

on 4/12/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You can live without it. The promised 15 hour party staying power should not be made. Reality looks like this. After 5 hours the shadow was hooked in my eye crease. There are better and less expensive primer out there!!!

on 3/25/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For $45, this better deliver miracles and it did NOT. Pretty basic product with a gimmick powder that TF says will set your e/s. Threw it away after a few uses and went back to LM eye basics, UDPP and/or Benefit.