October 31, 2014 | 1354 users online

Hair Styling Tools - John Frieda - John Frieda Hot Air Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am reviewing the 1 inch John Frieda Hot Air Brush. I just purchased this a week ago, and I love it! My hair is one of a kind. I am 57, and my hair is dry, has cowlicks, and is just so unruly. I am not coordinated at all with a round brush and blow dryer. When I watched a YouTuber demonstrate this, I thought I would give it a try. I used my regular hair dryer first, to remove excess moisture. Then I went in and sectioned off parts of my hair and started to dry it under. My hair is not quite shoulder length, and it has layers in the crown. The unit has two heat settings and a cool setting. I can finally get body in my hair and it's not unruly anymore. My hair does not get caught in it either. I really love it. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it is not very sturdy. It feels very light weight, which is good for your hand and arm, but I hope it will withstand the constant use. I just might buy a backup. I believe it was in the 30-40 dollar range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Huntress3

I did a lot of research on hot air brushes before making my final decision. All I can say is I would be lost now without this. I have zero coordination with the round brush and the hair dryer. The brush would almost always end up on the floor. This makes my hair so soft and shiney. I can now get that salon look all by myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by luisawang1

I love this hair dyer! I have Asian hair, but not the sleek kind that doesn't need any hair product/styling. My hair frizzes so badly and I usually have to flat iron it with my CHI every morning. I don't like how flat and oily it gets throughout the day though. This thing is truly a life saver! I use it after the shower (when my hair is 90% dry) or the morning after I air dry my hair. Either way, it makes my hair super soft and easy to manage! I really wish I could toss my CHI because this is the only hot tool I will be using for my hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Another HG hair tool for me. This is essential to my routine now. I have been looking for a long time for a good hot air brush that did what it says. I found this finally awhile ago and it is super reliable, hot, and makes serious waves and smooths.

It's almost a hair dryer but its not. It's made to be used when your hair is almost dry, about 90% or so and you can get that salon blowout look with it. This has become an every wash routine tool for me now ( I know I shouldn't because of heat damage) and I am trying to use it less, but it's so nice.

I use heat protector and leave-in conditioner and wow. It's seriously like I came out of the salon after a great blow-out. It has three heat settings, hot, warm and cool like a dryer. The heat doesn't get so hot that you worry it will fry your hair; nothing like a flat iron at 450 degrees or anything. You can touch your hair as it dries/curls because the bristles are long and you can't touch the barrel easily. NO BURNS!

Ionic technology and a ceramic barrel to boot. Great product for the price at $29.99 on Amazon, other places I see it range from $40-50.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No