August 20, 2014 | 1062 users online

Candles - Cire Trudon - Ernesto

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cire Trudon describes the Ernesto as such, "In a hotel of Havana, sizzling under the stubborn sun of the Revolution, fierce overtones of leather and tobacco meddle with resolution the waxy silence of wood. Breaking out of the cool dimness, sly grimaces emerge, framed by the smoke of cigars and the barrels of guns."

A rather elaborate description, but accurate.

The scent is beguiling and intoxicating, shadowy and intimate. It works well in winter, but equally on humid summer nights.

It has a powerful throw, but you have to give it time. You may not even notice it on the first lighting. But walk out the door, and back in again, and you will notice that the scent has subtly infused your entire room. It lingers for long afterwards.

I'm fond of the packaging. The dark green handblown glass and Cire Trudon's signature golden insignia embodies understated luxury.

My partner and I think Ernesto may be the signature scent for our home. A costly decision, with the price of each candle sitting at $100, but we think it is worth it for its 60 hour burn time. A scent wafts about even if you don't light it, I find.

My mother found our purchase of Ernesto outlandish. That is until she smelt it...