August 21, 2014 | 1849 users online

Lipstick - Bite Beauty - VIB Rouge

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My rating for price and packaging applies to the full size of this lipstick, though what I actually have is the special sample size given free to VIB Rouge members at Sephora.

Okay, so because I basically spend an insane amount of money at Sephora, I got bumped up to the VIB Rouge (aka Weak-Willed Makeup Addict) category at Sephora and part of what they give you is what seems to be a half-sized tube of the shade VIB Rouge (the full size of which is only available to VIB Rouge member though online ordering only).

This is my first Bite Beauty product and if their other lipsticks are this good, I am SOLD! VIB Rouge is, as the name suggests, RED. It is a gorgeous true, bold, clean blue based red. It looked more than a bit scary in the tube but it is really beautiful and surprisingly wearable. While it looked matte in the tube, it is described as a "creme" finish and looks smooth rather than dry (as mattes can do) when applied and it feels absolutely wonderful and moistly soothing on the lips. Wear is really good too and when it does wear away, it does so evenly and in a flattering way, so I'm not left with bare lips and an unsightly red ring around the edges of my lips. It's not often that I am tempted to purchase online from Sephora because I waited a really long time for stores to open in my area and I prefer to support those bricks and mortar stores with my business. But as this is not available in store - (boo, hiss) - I will actually order this. It is THAT nice! These are a few dollars less than Marc Jacobs lipsticks and I think they are much better quality!