Bite Beauty VIB Rouge

Not tested on animals

on 6/11/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is really, really opaque red! Old skool Hollywood glamour. I, also, got this for attaining VIB R. status at Sephora. It's a nice little gift!! Fits into the most impossibly small handbag. I give this 5 stars on the most expensive range coz I never had a lipstick cost me a thousand bucks lol u know what I mean!!! :) I hate how high upkeep red can be. If you eat or drink or smoke it has to be retouched that's most deep colors. I'm more of a nude or pale pink lips type of person but it's nice to have this!!

on 3/26/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a free deluxe sample of this blue based lipstick from Sephora for spending too much money there. I love that Sephora carries vegan lines and makeup from companies that don't test on animals, the only problem is, I really need lip products to stay on my lips without a bunch of prep and primer. This doesn't do that, and until a vegan lip product does, I'll be sticking to my Sephora Lip Cream Stains and NARs Velvet Matte Lip Pencils.

on 12/21/2014 1:27:00 PM

I found this lipstick too opaque and matte and it required lip liner to stay in place. This product was a little too intense in my opinion, and I would not recommend it. It is very old school Hollywood in terms of color, but the choice of texture is no good. Additionally, if you are vegetarian, watch out because this contains carmine. I would not repurchase this.

on 11/3/2014 11:57:00 AM

It's probably hard to believe that I got to VIB Rouge status without ever venturing into a lip product from Sephora, but it's true! I never found a colour that really suited me, or that didn't feel sticky or transfer onto everything. But! With the VIB Rouge welcome package came this little guy, and I am completely head over heels! It is such a pretty, classic, wearable shade of red. I feel like wearing it every day! It goes on very nicely and smoothly, and I love the little packaging that it came in too. It does transfer a lot onto cups, etc. It seems to always leave a mark, but the nice thing about it is that it sort of fades all together, so it doesn't look like it's patchy or like there is a ring of red around your lips-- it all comes off evenly until you reapply. I'll definitely be repurchasing this one when I run out, but I'm also so happy that I received it! I'm feeling more open and confident to trying out new lip colours as well.

on 9/14/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

First I got a deluxe sample as a gift for spending enough money to be a VIB rouge. (man I gotta stop shopping there..haha)

On to the review, this is a lovely blue-based red lipstick. I'd stay it's between a creme and matte for finish. Not drying. Long lasting and didn't bleed, I use it with my Sephora lipliner.

Pleased with this lipstick. Will repurchase when I'm done with my MAC russian red and this tube.

on 3/22/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My rating for price and packaging applies to the full size of this lipstick, though what I actually have is the special sample size given free to VIB Rouge members at Sephora.

Okay, so because I basically spend an insane amount of money at Sephora, I got bumped up to the VIB Rouge (aka Weak-Willed Makeup Addict) category at Sephora and part of what they give you is what seems to be a half-sized tube of the shade VIB Rouge (the full size of which is only available to VIB Rouge member though online ordering only).

This is my first Bite Beauty product and if their other lipsticks are this good, I am SOLD! VIB Rouge is, as the name suggests, RED. It is a gorgeous true, bold, clean blue based red. It looked more than a bit scary in the tube but it is really beautiful and surprisingly wearable. While it looked matte in the tube, it is described as a "creme" finish and looks smooth rather than dry (as mattes can do) when applied and it feels absolutely wonderful and moistly soothing on the lips. Wear is really good too and when it does wear away, it does so evenly and in a flattering way, so I'm not left with bare lips and an unsightly red ring around the edges of my lips. It's not often that I am tempted to purchase online from Sephora because I waited a really long time for stores to open in my area and I prefer to support those bricks and mortar stores with my business. But as this is not available in store - (boo, hiss) - I will actually order this. It is THAT nice! These are a few dollars less than Marc Jacobs lipsticks and I think they are much better quality!

Popular Lipsticks