September 30, 2014 | 1132 users online

Primer/ Corrector - By Terry - Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with the previous reviewer. I ordered apricot glow, hoping this would help with a little redness in my cheek area. This shade does "claim to do that". The fragrance is so very strong, and the scent lingers for a couple of hours. That's not my biggest complaint though.. For $96 this product is nothing more than a highly fragranced luminizer with no skin care benefits, that I could see. I did not use as long as the previous reviewer, as I 'm sure this is also breaking me out. Even on sale I am sending this back, and am so disappointed:(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit...my expectations for this brand are always high as they always are for any brand at this price point, but good ol' Terry spoils me so much that when I get the occasional dud I am so very disappointed. I won't dramatize too much on this experience, I'll just get down to business ;). This serum from By Terry promises to color correct, blur imperfections, moisturize and prime the skin, and add an overall brightening effect. There are 4 shades and each one is supposed to correct different issues, I chose shade #1 Immaculate Light, because it is supposed to correct dark spots and even the skin tone. Immaculate light is a pearlescent white shade and appears fairly shimmery in the bottle, however, when applied and blended out, the shimmer is super subtle and refined...not glittery at all and definitely doesn't give the "disco ball" effect. It reminds me almost exactly of Lancôme Éclat Miracle from years past. It's very liquidy and lightweight, looks gorgeous in the bottle, and does lend a sort of glow to the face. It smells amazing (heavily fragranced with the signature rosy By Terry skincare scent) but that's where my love for this product ends. I am very pale right now (nearly nc10) and #1 left a whitish cast to my skin even when applied as sheer as possible. It did nothing to help with color correction whatsoever and even the faint dark spots I was looking to correct were still very much visible. My skin tone was not evened out in the least and still looked splotchy...splotchy and ghostly when wearing this! It is supposed to be hydrating and at first it feels nice on the skin but after about an hour of wear my face started to feel tight and itchy, just the way it does when I wear a foundation that is too drying. My biggest complaint is the fact that this is a primer/color correcting serum meant to be worn under foundation, and that's where I found it to perform the worst. The only foundation it worked under was By Terry Densiliss...and the combo dried my face out so badly I peeled for days. When worn under By Terry Sheer Expert, Touch Expert, Éclat Opulent, and Armani Designer Shaping cream, it made the foundations apply unevenly and made them appear to "sit" on the skin rather than melding with it. It gave an "artificial" appearance to my foundation and made even my most natural looking bases look makeup-y. This product also did nothing to brighten my overall complexion...if anything, it made me look sickly. I wanted to test it properly, so I rode the storm out and wore it every day for a little over a month...in that time I didn't notice any skincare benefits. I can not speak for the other 3 shades in the line, but #1 Immaculate Light was a big fail for me. If you're looking for a super subtle, heavily fragranced, yet very expensive luminizer, you may like this product...If you're looking for a true color-correcting product that delivers on skincare benefits and brightens the face, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. Le Metier de Beaute's Peau Vierge Tinted Luminizer served me much better in this capacity. This is the first BT product that I can honestly say is not worth the money at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No