Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.3

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

one of the few mineral sunblocks that does not give me a white-ish cast - and I am hella fair, but kabuki is not really a look I am going for. I have oily skin, use retin-a, and I'm over 50 - and this works for me - no problem. I use sunscreen every day, so I've tried them all.

on 5/17/2015 8:04:00 AM

This product is excellent for my neck, décolletage and hands for moisture and sun protection. About 5-6 pumps covers all 3 of those areas. I'm in my 50's and skin is combination and if I use more than 1 pump on my face, I will get milia bumps on my face. They go away if I stop using product for a few days. My skin is sensitive but has not caused me irritation or redness. It's a glass bottle so you have to handle it with care so you don't drop it. I've had no whitish cast using 1-2 pumps. I let it sink in for about 5-10 minutes to absorb and then apply my foundation. Can be used under eyes according to Josie, but it caused my eye area to swell, so I don't recommend use around eyes. This makes a terrific base under makeup.

on 5/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Pro
1 Easy Application
2- high SPF factor
3- Lots of product
4- good for your skin

Con-
1- applies almost like sunblock texture, leaves white residue possibly if too much product on your face

on 4/11/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am extremely happy with this moisturizer. I have been looking for a moisturizer with physical block sunscreen and this is the best one I have found so far. It feels good on my skin and leaves a nice finish before applying makeup. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/3/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a little heavy for warm weather months on my oily skin but might work better for dry skin. I got a large sized sample in a holiday gift set and I used it for about a month. It didn't break me out and I loved that it had a high SPF but it was too thick to spread nicely so I won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all this product claims it is peach tinited that transforms to match most skin tones. Wrong! I'm pretty light skinned but by no means fairest of the fair and this was way too dark. It's also extremely thick and greasy looking. Hate it. it looks terrible on and to top it all off the smell is terrible. I never tried the original version of this so I don't have that to compare it to but this is definitely a no go.

on 3/27/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I found an SPF without the "white cast" they all leave. Excellent protection, my 5 yr old daughter wears as well, smells light, and never ever did I break out- miracle product! Get on QVC in the 4oz Super-Size for $39.00- what a steal! A must have- love this!!

on 1/5/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Yea agree what made this popular was the original. Now it's now as smooth. I think they must've put less argan oil. I swear I was more radiant after using it and now it's just MEH.

on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is really thick so you need to warm it up in your hands before applying to the face. While I think this could have been a decent product because it really moisturizes the skin, I returned it. It gave my husband and I cystic acne. :( I wasn't too fond of the smell. It was sort of pepperminty with a tinge of something else.

on 10/15/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So disappointed. The earlier version of this product with SPF 40 was my perfect everyday moisturizer with SPF. So I go last month to Sephora to buy a new bottle and there's the new version, green writing instead of blue bottle and the higher SPF 47. "Eh, same thing...." I assume. Hah. This version is stickier and whiter. I'm brown-skinned and I have to scrub this in so I don't get a whitish cast on my skin. Furthermore, I started breaking out after four or five days of use, with little itchy whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I stop using the product and they go away. Try using it again and they return.

Why Josie Maran changed the formula, I'll never know. And I'll never buy this product again.

Popular Moisturizers