Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.3

Zinc Oxide 6.4, Titanium Dioxide 5.1; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Methicone, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Parfum (Fragrance), Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Laureth-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

on 7/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm a black woman in my 30s, with acne-prone DRY skin. I have never had success with sunscreen until now. The sunscreens with chemical blocks (e.g. avobenzone) always break me out so my only option is physical-block sunscreen (titanium oxide and/or zinc oxide). Frustratingly, physical sunscreens never blended in, that white cast would remain unless I literally rubbed the sunscreen off my face, defeating the entire purpose of putting it on...

I LOVE JM SPF 47!! Yes its very white in color and yes it goes on white BUT it BLENDS PERFECTLY! I don't have to rub and rub and rub - it just melts into my skin! I concur with others who say that it's heavy but, as my skin is dry, I welcome this quality very much. After it has dried, I can't feel it on my skin and have no trouble putting my makeup over it.

The only drawback is the high price but since this is the ONLY sunscreen I've found that is 100% physical block and blends in beautifully - it's worth it to me!

on 7/8/2015 7:01:00 AM

Although I like this sunscreen, it is just a little too thick and heavy for my daily wear. I have oily skin on my nose and chin, and dry skin everywhere else, and this was just a little too thick.

I live in Florida, and I found that as soon as I sweated slightly, this formed a white liquid on my skin which meant that my makeup was ruined. It also has a very slight white cast which doesn’t bother me (since I am so pale anyway) but I would prefer a product without it.

I like the clean fragrance, and I do like the glass bottle to keep the ingredients stable. I will finish the bottle but probably won’t repurchase.

on 7/7/2015 8:31:00 AM

Wow-if you have dry,mature skin this is a fantastic product.I got this in a TSV kit from QVC.I actually bought the kit just for the Argan oil and ended up with an HG in this moisturizer!The texture is thin,you need to work it into the skin&it has an oil base so you need to let it sink in.I set it with very light dusting of mineral powder.Some people use this moisturizer as a makeup base.My skin just has such a lovely,natural moisturized glow from using this product.I don't feel the need to wear foundation over it so it is perfect for the summer.I also add a drop of bronzer (The Body Shop liquid) to deepen the color during the summer months.For a youthfull,healthy glow I really recommend trying this moisturizer-it is well worth the price to look this good!!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

one of the few mineral sunblocks that does not give me a white-ish cast - and I am hella fair, but kabuki is not really a look I am going for. I have oily skin, use retin-a, and I'm over 50 - and this works for me - no problem. I use sunscreen every day, so I've tried them all.

on 5/17/2015 8:04:00 AM

This product is excellent for my neck, décolletage and hands for moisture and sun protection. About 5-6 pumps covers all 3 of those areas. I'm in my 50's and skin is combination and if I use more than 1 pump on my face, I will get milia bumps on my face. They go away if I stop using product for a few days. My skin is sensitive but has not caused me irritation or redness. It's a glass bottle so you have to handle it with care so you don't drop it. I've had no whitish cast using 1-2 pumps. I let it sink in for about 5-10 minutes to absorb and then apply my foundation. Can be used under eyes according to Josie, but it caused my eye area to swell, so I don't recommend use around eyes. This makes a terrific base under makeup.

on 5/7/2015 10:55:00 PM

Pro
1 Easy Application
2- high SPF factor
3- Lots of product
4- good for your skin

Con-
1- applies almost like sunblock texture, leaves white residue possibly if too much product on your face

on 4/11/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am extremely happy with this moisturizer. I have been looking for a moisturizer with physical block sunscreen and this is the best one I have found so far. It feels good on my skin and leaves a nice finish before applying makeup. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/3/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a little heavy for warm weather months on my oily skin but might work better for dry skin. I got a large sized sample in a holiday gift set and I used it for about a month. It didn't break me out and I loved that it had a high SPF but it was too thick to spread nicely so I won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all this product claims it is peach tinited that transforms to match most skin tones. Wrong! I'm pretty light skinned but by no means fairest of the fair and this was way too dark. It's also extremely thick and greasy looking. Hate it. it looks terrible on and to top it all off the smell is terrible. I never tried the original version of this so I don't have that to compare it to but this is definitely a no go.

on 3/27/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I found an SPF without the "white cast" they all leave. Excellent protection, my 5 yr old daughter wears as well, smells light, and never ever did I break out- miracle product! Get on QVC in the 4oz Super-Size for $39.00- what a steal! A must have- love this!!

Popular Moisturizers