October 31, 2014 | 1731 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by AllisonFZB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So disappointed. The earlier version of this product with SPF 40 was my perfect everyday moisturizer with SPF. So I go last month to Sephora to buy a new bottle and there's the new version, green writing instead of blue bottle and the higher SPF 47. "Eh, same thing...." I assume. Hah. This version is stickier and whiter. I'm brown-skinned and I have to scrub this in so I don't get a whitish cast on my skin. Furthermore, I started breaking out after four or five days of use, with little itchy whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I stop using the product and they go away. Try using it again and they return.

Why Josie Maran changed the formula, I'll never know. And I'll never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product, as I'm searching for a good mineral sunscreen product for the face.

After using this several times, my opinion is an unenthusiastic 'meh'. It starts off with a pretty strong whiteness, which mostly disappears within 5 minutes or so. The ingredients and 2 oz size are well worth the steep price tag (argan/jojoba oils and antioxidants), and the citrusy fragrance isn't overpowering but pleasant.

What I didn't like is the waxy feel to this lotion, which neither fully absorbs nor fully disappears and remains on the skin ALL DAY. Too much beeswax - so this one is no good for oily/combo skin. The search continues...

**As a note to my fellow MUA-ers: the higher the SPF on mineral sunscreens, the more white they will appear on your skin. Furthermore, any rating over SPF 30 is unnecessary and useless, as the effectiveness pretty much tops out at 30 for sunscreens according to the experts.**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can only use physical sunscreen and I love this one. I never used the old formula so I can't compare.
I either use a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil or her Argan Milk Serum first... then wait a minute and then use 2-3 pumps of this for my face and neck. It blends easily and sinks in within a few minutes.
It's very moisturizing which is why my dry/dehydrated skin loves it. I think it would be too dewy for combo/oily skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Boxbits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up this SPF after a coworker (with beautiful skin) told me she swore by this product. I liked the light texture, pleasant smell, hygienic packaging and the fact that it did not leave a white cast. Unfortunately, it did not absorb well and left a sticky film on my face.

*edited review*
Okay, I realize now that the reason why my face was left feeling sticky is because I didn't leave enough time for the lotion to soak into my skin. While I would prefer a product that absorbs more quickly, this has great emollient properties and leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I do not like the change in formula for this product. I own the original version (SPF 40 with mineral sunscreen) and the texture was just perfect. It was not thick or greasy. It did not break me out. I used this on the most humid day of the summer and I felt like I had put a mask on my face. This comes out liquidy but goes on thick and leaves a whitish cast unless you rub it in thoroughly. It is harder to spread than the previous version. I do not understand why Josie Maran would take a perfectly good product with a nice ingredients list and remake it, much to the chagrin of the customer. The sunbooster nonsense is also purely a bunch of chemical nonsense. So much for being natural.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVED the original. Really dislike this! It emphasizes every single fine line on my face!! And -bleech-super thick! Why, why, why?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by 1sorry_grrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...I loved the first incarnation of this product and was very disappointed when it was discontinued. I tried all kinds of sunscreen but I couldn't find anything to replace it. When Josie Maran came out with this new version I was excited. But then I saw a bunch of poor reviews... I figured, "I've tried everything else, how bad can this be?" Not only is it "not bad," it is wonderful. It has a thicker texture than the original but it still does the same great job. I just need to give it a couple of minutes to sink in (put on my sunscreen and then brush my teeth). I plan on buying the 4oz bottle when I finish the 2oz size I bought at Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gardeniababe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this moisturizer/sunscreen a rating of 4 to start. I had been obsessively looking for a new sunscreen for awhile. I had been using Shiseido's Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50. I am not totally turning my back on this product, I will probably come back to it, but for now it isn't my best choice. I am pregnant, and I had noticed my skin has been dry and I had a feeling the Shiseido SS was increasing this dryness, plus I wanted a more natural product. Upon first try, I thought the JM sunscreen seemed greasy and heavy but when I used the right amount it seemed to pretty much sink right in and leave a healthy glow. It kind of leaves my skin feeling nice and silky and hydrated most importantly. An SA at Sephora told me the argan oil in the product helps bind moisture to my skin, so I'm happy for now. I've found my natural physical sunscreen, I am no longer experiencing dry skin and my skin feels healthy and protected against the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. Used to use the older formulation SPF 40 by Josie and actually prefer this one. It's more moisturising and has an equally if not more lovely scent than the original. My skin tends to dry so this works well, the older formulation was lighter definitely. I don't find that this leaves a white cast but it does leave a little shine. I apply makeup or powder over the top and we are good to go. Doesn't turn my skin into an oil slick even after a full day with makeup on top. I love that this doesn't contain chemical sunscreen too as I have very sensitive skin. The one thing I am not certain of is how long the sun protection lasts before having to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ReginaHubbardGiddens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrble, horrible, horrible. WHY was it reformualted??? It was the most perfect physical sunbock on the market.

This verison is awful. Gloppy, white mess.

I'm using COTZ sensitive now.