Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.2

on 4/11/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am extremely happy with this moisturizer. I have been looking for a moisturizer with physical block sunscreen and this is the best one I have found so far. It feels good on my skin and leaves a nice finish before applying makeup. Will definitely repurchase.

on 4/3/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a little heavy for warm weather months on my oily skin but might work better for dry skin. I got a large sized sample in a holiday gift set and I used it for about a month. It didn't break me out and I loved that it had a high SPF but it was too thick to spread nicely so I won't repurchase.

on 4/1/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

First of all this product claims it is peach tinited that transforms to match most skin tones. Wrong! I'm pretty light skinned but by no means fairest of the fair and this was way too dark. It's also extremely thick and greasy looking. Hate it. it looks terrible on and to top it all off the smell is terrible. I never tried the original version of this so I don't have that to compare it to but this is definitely a no go.

on 3/27/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I found an SPF without the "white cast" they all leave. Excellent protection, my 5 yr old daughter wears as well, smells light, and never ever did I break out- miracle product! Get on QVC in the 4oz Super-Size for $39.00- what a steal! A must have- love this!!

on 1/5/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Yea agree what made this popular was the original. Now it's now as smooth. I think they must've put less argan oil. I swear I was more radiant after using it and now it's just MEH.

on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is really thick so you need to warm it up in your hands before applying to the face. While I think this could have been a decent product because it really moisturizes the skin, I returned it. It gave my husband and I cystic acne. :( I wasn't too fond of the smell. It was sort of pepperminty with a tinge of something else.

on 10/15/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So disappointed. The earlier version of this product with SPF 40 was my perfect everyday moisturizer with SPF. So I go last month to Sephora to buy a new bottle and there's the new version, green writing instead of blue bottle and the higher SPF 47. "Eh, same thing...." I assume. Hah. This version is stickier and whiter. I'm brown-skinned and I have to scrub this in so I don't get a whitish cast on my skin. Furthermore, I started breaking out after four or five days of use, with little itchy whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I stop using the product and they go away. Try using it again and they return.

Why Josie Maran changed the formula, I'll never know. And I'll never buy this product again.

on 10/5/2014 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to like this product, as I'm searching for a good mineral sunscreen product for the face.

After using this several times, my opinion is an unenthusiastic 'meh'. It starts off with a pretty strong whiteness, which mostly disappears within 5 minutes or so. The ingredients and 2 oz size are well worth the steep price tag (argan/jojoba oils and antioxidants), and the citrusy fragrance isn't overpowering but pleasant.

What I didn't like is the waxy feel to this lotion, which neither fully absorbs nor fully disappears and remains on the skin ALL DAY. Too much beeswax - so this one is no good for oily/combo skin. The search continues...

**As a note to my fellow MUA-ers: the higher the SPF on mineral sunscreens, the more white they will appear on your skin. Furthermore, any rating over SPF 30 is unnecessary and useless, as the effectiveness pretty much tops out at 30 for sunscreens according to the experts.**

on 9/16/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can only use physical sunscreen and I love this one. I never used the old formula so I can't compare.
I either use a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil or her Argan Milk Serum first... then wait a minute and then use 2-3 pumps of this for my face and neck. It blends easily and sinks in within a few minutes.
It's very moisturizing which is why my dry/dehydrated skin loves it. I think it would be too dewy for combo/oily skin types.

on 9/10/2014 9:45:00 AM

I picked up this SPF after a coworker (with beautiful skin) told me she swore by this product. I liked the light texture, pleasant smell, hygienic packaging and the fact that it did not leave a white cast. Unfortunately, it did not absorb well and left a sticky film on my face.

*edited review*
Okay, I realize now that the reason why my face was left feeling sticky is because I didn't leave enough time for the lotion to soak into my skin. While I would prefer a product that absorbs more quickly, this has great emollient properties and leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day.

Popular Moisturizers