September 19, 2014 | 1815 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can only use physical sunscreen and I love this one. I never used the old formula so I can't compare.
I either use a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil or her Argan Milk Serum first... then wait a minute and then use 2-3 pumps of this for my face and neck. It blends easily and sinks in within a few minutes.
It's very moisturizing which is why my dry/dehydrated skin loves it. I think it would be too dewy for combo/oily skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Boxbits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked up this SPF after a coworker (with beautiful skin) told me she swore by this product. I liked the light texture, pleasant smell, hygienic packaging and the fact that it did not leave a white cast. Unfortunately, it did not absorb well and left a sticky film on my face.

*edited review*
Okay, I realize now that the reason why my face was left feeling sticky is because I didn't leave enough time for the lotion to soak into my skin. While I would prefer a product that absorbs more quickly, this has great emollient properties and leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I do not like the change in formula for this product. I own the original version (SPF 40 with mineral sunscreen) and the texture was just perfect. It was not thick or greasy. It did not break me out. I used this on the most humid day of the summer and I felt like I had put a mask on my face. This comes out liquidy but goes on thick and leaves a whitish cast unless you rub it in thoroughly. It is harder to spread than the previous version. I do not understand why Josie Maran would take a perfectly good product with a nice ingredients list and remake it, much to the chagrin of the customer. The sunbooster nonsense is also purely a bunch of chemical nonsense. So much for being natural.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVED the original. Really dislike this! It emphasizes every single fine line on my face!! And -bleech-super thick! Why, why, why?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by 1sorry_grrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...I loved the first incarnation of this product and was very disappointed when it was discontinued. I tried all kinds of sunscreen but I couldn't find anything to replace it. When Josie Maran came out with this new version I was excited. But then I saw a bunch of poor reviews... I figured, "I've tried everything else, how bad can this be?" Not only is it "not bad," it is wonderful. It has a thicker texture than the original but it still does the same great job. I just need to give it a couple of minutes to sink in (put on my sunscreen and then brush my teeth). I plan on buying the 4oz bottle when I finish the 2oz size I bought at Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gardeniababe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this moisturizer/sunscreen a rating of 4 to start. I had been obsessively looking for a new sunscreen for awhile. I had been using Shiseido's Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50. I am not totally turning my back on this product, I will probably come back to it, but for now it isn't my best choice. I am pregnant, and I had noticed my skin has been dry and I had a feeling the Shiseido SS was increasing this dryness, plus I wanted a more natural product. Upon first try, I thought the JM sunscreen seemed greasy and heavy but when I used the right amount it seemed to pretty much sink right in and leave a healthy glow. It kind of leaves my skin feeling nice and silky and hydrated most importantly. An SA at Sephora told me the argan oil in the product helps bind moisture to my skin, so I'm happy for now. I've found my natural physical sunscreen, I am no longer experiencing dry skin and my skin feels healthy and protected against the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. Used to use the older formulation SPF 40 by Josie and actually prefer this one. It's more moisturising and has an equally if not more lovely scent than the original. My skin tends to dry so this works well, the older formulation was lighter definitely. I don't find that this leaves a white cast but it does leave a little shine. I apply makeup or powder over the top and we are good to go. Doesn't turn my skin into an oil slick even after a full day with makeup on top. I love that this doesn't contain chemical sunscreen too as I have very sensitive skin. The one thing I am not certain of is how long the sun protection lasts before having to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by ReginaHubbardGiddens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrble, horrible, horrible. WHY was it reformualted??? It was the most perfect physical sunbock on the market.

This verison is awful. Gloppy, white mess.

I'm using COTZ sensitive now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by reddplanet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried all three formulations of this, and the 2nd variant (the one before it's current "new and improved" version) was the best. While I still love it, the 2nd was a better texture and was much easier to spread on the skin, and absorbed faster and easier. There are still a few ingredients I don't love, and this new version actually has a longer list of questionable ingredients by comparison.

I bought a spare bottle this time around though, because last time I didn't and it sold out before I could stock up prior to the reformulation.

The biggest trick I've found to make it spread and absorb better is to mist my face with a facial spray (I use either La Mer or Mario Badescu) first, and I use only one pump of this lotion and work it in my hands first before I apply to my face. My facial skin being damp helps thin it out and absorb a bit faster.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A couple of years ago, I tried Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer with sunscreen. I was slightly skeptical, since it had argan oil in it, and even now, I'm hesitant to try things on my face that have oil. But I'd read a lot of good things about it, so I decided to give it a shot. And I *loved* the stuff! I used it religiously, even deciding that it did my skin some good. But, as these things often go, the one time I went to get a new bottle, and was told by the salesperson that it was discontinued, because they were working on making an "improved" formula.

Recently, that new, improved formula was available.

So I ordered it from sephora.com, since I didn't see it in the store. I was pretty excited to receive it. But not so excited now that I've actually used it.

The old formula was really lotion-y. It was easy to put onto your face, and felt very smooth. This formula is a lot thicker, and feels more oily. You really have to work to smooth it onto your face, and it's really hard to wash off your hands. I guess it still works the same, because my face is not oily, and seems to be doing well, but I have to say that I will probably not buy it again once this bottle is gone.