Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 with Sunboost ATB

3.3

on 3/27/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I found an SPF without the "white cast" they all leave. Excellent protection, my 5 yr old daughter wears as well, smells light, and never ever did I break out- miracle product! Get on QVC in the 4oz Super-Size for $39.00- what a steal! A must have- love this!!

on 1/5/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Yea agree what made this popular was the original. Now it's now as smooth. I think they must've put less argan oil. I swear I was more radiant after using it and now it's just MEH.

on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This product is really thick so you need to warm it up in your hands before applying to the face. While I think this could have been a decent product because it really moisturizes the skin, I returned it. It gave my husband and I cystic acne. :( I wasn't too fond of the smell. It was sort of pepperminty with a tinge of something else.

on 10/15/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So disappointed. The earlier version of this product with SPF 40 was my perfect everyday moisturizer with SPF. So I go last month to Sephora to buy a new bottle and there's the new version, green writing instead of blue bottle and the higher SPF 47. "Eh, same thing...." I assume. Hah. This version is stickier and whiter. I'm brown-skinned and I have to scrub this in so I don't get a whitish cast on my skin. Furthermore, I started breaking out after four or five days of use, with little itchy whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. I stop using the product and they go away. Try using it again and they return.

Why Josie Maran changed the formula, I'll never know. And I'll never buy this product again.

on 10/5/2014 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to like this product, as I'm searching for a good mineral sunscreen product for the face.

After using this several times, my opinion is an unenthusiastic 'meh'. It starts off with a pretty strong whiteness, which mostly disappears within 5 minutes or so. The ingredients and 2 oz size are well worth the steep price tag (argan/jojoba oils and antioxidants), and the citrusy fragrance isn't overpowering but pleasant.

What I didn't like is the waxy feel to this lotion, which neither fully absorbs nor fully disappears and remains on the skin ALL DAY. Too much beeswax - so this one is no good for oily/combo skin. The search continues...

**As a note to my fellow MUA-ers: the higher the SPF on mineral sunscreens, the more white they will appear on your skin. Furthermore, any rating over SPF 30 is unnecessary and useless, as the effectiveness pretty much tops out at 30 for sunscreens according to the experts.**

on 9/16/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I can only use physical sunscreen and I love this one. I never used the old formula so I can't compare.
I either use a few drops of Josie Maran Argan Oil or her Argan Milk Serum first... then wait a minute and then use 2-3 pumps of this for my face and neck. It blends easily and sinks in within a few minutes.
It's very moisturizing which is why my dry/dehydrated skin loves it. I think it would be too dewy for combo/oily skin types.

on 9/10/2014 9:45:00 AM

I picked up this SPF after a coworker (with beautiful skin) told me she swore by this product. I liked the light texture, pleasant smell, hygienic packaging and the fact that it did not leave a white cast. Unfortunately, it did not absorb well and left a sticky film on my face.

*edited review*
Okay, I realize now that the reason why my face was left feeling sticky is because I didn't leave enough time for the lotion to soak into my skin. While I would prefer a product that absorbs more quickly, this has great emollient properties and leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day.

on 9/5/2014 7:02:00 PM

I do not like the change in formula for this product. I own the original version (SPF 40 with mineral sunscreen) and the texture was just perfect. It was not thick or greasy and it did not break me out. I used this on the most humid day of the summer and I felt like I had put a mask on my face. This comes out liquidy but goes on thick and leaves a whitish cast unless you rub it in thoroughly. It is harder to spread than the previous version. I do not understand why Josie Maran would take a perfectly good product with a nice ingredients list and remake it, much to the chagrin of the customer. The sunbooster nonsense is also purely a bunch of chemical nonsense. So much for being natural.

on 9/1/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVED the original. Really dislike this! It emphasizes every single fine line on my face!! And -bleech-super thick! Why, why, why?

on 8/23/2014 4:14:00 PM

Ok...I loved the first incarnation of this product and was very disappointed when it was discontinued. I tried all kinds of sunscreen but I couldn't find anything to replace it. When Josie Maran came out with this new version I was excited. But then I saw a bunch of poor reviews... I figured, "I've tried everything else, how bad can this be?" Not only is it "not bad," it is wonderful. It has a thicker texture than the original but it still does the same great job. I just need to give it a couple of minutes to sink in (put on my sunscreen and then brush my teeth). I plan on buying the 4oz bottle when I finish the 2oz size I bought at Sephora.