August 30, 2014 | 1354 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Frozen Violet

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was at the MAC counter a few days ago getting other things and took a quick look at this "newer" Paint Pot. It looked so lovely in the jar - a deep purpley grey with magical, twinkling glitter. I nearly bought it on the spot but, recalling my less than terrific experience with the only other glittery Paint Pot I've ever tried, I decided to ask for a sample.

I am very glad to have the sample because it is soooo pretty but I don't think I'll be going back for a full size, though this is certainly worth having. When I got it home and started wearing it, I realized that it's basically like a very sheer version of Chanel's Illusoire Illusion d'ombre cream shadow, which I already have. Frozen Violet is very sheer when applied. It's hard to build it up to the colour you see in the jar. It really does look pretty, though, and the sheerness keeps it from looking too overpowering. and the glitter really is magical - it's not rough or scaly and there is no fallout (at least none I've experienced). It looks to be sort of "multi-coloured" and it is just really nice.

Anyway, while I think I am not likely to purchase a full size of this, it's mostly because I already have Illusoire. If I didn't, I would buy the full size of this pretty twinkler!