July 31, 2014 | 1337 users online

Blush - Guerlain - Rose Aux Joues Blush Duo - Pink Punk

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply the finest blush I've ever used. A true joy every time I put it on.

I bought this from Neiman Marcus in the "Pink Punk" color set. One color is a warm rosy pink and the other one is more of a plum / mauve. I got it to wear to my engagement party but now I love it so much that I just use it all of the time. The staying power is fantastic - it will last all day or all night. When I take off my makeup at night, I am surprised to see that some blush pigment comes off on my makeup wipe (meaning that it hasn't faded, like most blushes do).

It took some experimenting, but I found that the prettiest application for me with an airbrush finish is:

1) do a closed mouth smile and then sort of suck your cheeks in like a fish face. This expression, though kind of ridiculous, really isolates the cheek bones.

2) I then use the brighter color on the round apples of the cheek, concentrating on the top half, and apply lightly in a circular motion with my Sephora Blush Brush #54. A little pigment goes a long way, so I try to be spare with it.

3) I then take another, older blush brush that I have (can't remember what brand - might just be a drugstore one) and dab a little of the mauve color. I then "stipple" this darker pigment softly on the bottom half of the apple of my cheek.

This creates a really nice warm but not too red/pink flush on my face with an airbrushed finish. It's quite lovely! It makes me feel really pretty. The two tone color combo is ingenious. It really creates a softer more natural look. Also, this compact comes in gorgeous lux packaging and the powders themselves have a lovely, powdery soft violet scent that I really like.

Expensive but worth every penny. This blush is the bomb! Before I had used pot rouge by Bobbi Brown (nice but not very blendable), a sheer blush by Giorgio Armani (color was too faint to show up on me), and a Nars blush (not bad). Oh and a Bobbi Brown cream stick blush too, but that was a long time ago. I think what makes this one so nice is that it really has a very sheer, airbrush look and the colors are really perfect for my warm, light olive skintone. Very nice!!