July 30, 2014 | 998 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Big Easy Complexion Perfector

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I loved the coverage of this, but I absolutely had to use it with a primer. (I usually use Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer.) When I didn't it sat in my pores and looked grainy. The staying power (without primer) was pretty darn poor, maybe 3 hours on a warm day. I managed to get about eight hours on my oily skin, but again that's with a primer.

A little bit goes a long way, as I received a tiny 0.1 oz sample and it lasted me for at least a week. Seriously! For reference, I'm NW15. The sample didn't say the name of the color, just #03, which I assume is the 3rd darkest shade, which is actually called "Light/Medium".

I just can't get past the fact that I can't wear it without a primer. If it's called "The Big Easy" I should be able to put it on and be out the door.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by sydniey

The first few days I tried this it was amazing. It perfected my imperfections (hyperpigmentation and breakouts) but after buying a full size and using it, I broke out in tiny little bumps all over my cheeks. I think it was clogging my pores. Overall I probably wouldn't buy his again and I haven't used it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mhamp78

Being a believer in BB, CC and even DD creams, I'm unclear if this product is a BB cream or a foundation. It does not say 'BB cream' anywhere on the tube. That being said, I do like it. I have worn Bare Minerals for the past 15 years and loved it but with the passing of time and hormonal changes, my skin is a little drier in my 50's. I'm half way through the tube and here's my advice on applying: 1) moisturize your face and wait about 5 minutes to let it soak in; 2) apply a light coat of a luminescent BB cream as a primer. I like Too Faced or Stila. This step is optional but makes your skin glow when you take the time; 3) apply The Big Easy with your fingers (looked splotchy when I used a foundation brush); 4) apply concealer where needed and lightly blend with a sponge. Wait a few minutes - the product needs time to 'color correct'; 5) apply a light dusting of translucent powder (I still use my Bare Minerals mineral veil).

I live in a very humid climate and it has good staying power without turning cakey. I also like the coverage. Hope Benefit keeps this one around.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really really wanted to like this, I love other benefit products. It's only ok. It gives the amount of coverage you would expect a bb cream to give, so don't expect a full coverage foundation. It feels lovely at first, but the staying power is pretty poor. It can look cakey, and you definitely need to moisturize/prime RIGHT before you apply it otherwise it will cling to any tiny dry patch, and it won't apply smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite BB cream. It has the light feel of a BB, but with the coverage, shine control, and longevity of a regular foundation. I am very oily and this BB kept my shine at bay for a whole 7 hours, and that was without any primer. I used it with Maybelline Shine control loose powder on top and that was it. It was just two simple steps for me to be shine free for 7 hours on a day that was 80 degrees. I blotted once, and even then it last another three hours. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with just once blot! When I use it with a primer it lasts about 10-11 hours. This is a blessing for girls who are oily and constantly have to blot or freshen up with powder. It has a light/medium coverage so if you want to be light and natural you can achieve that look, but if you have some blemishes and blotchiness then this can build slightly into a more medium coverage foundation. I use concealer for my under eye circles, but that it is. It has a soft powder finish when applied, but it is very delicate and does not look chalky. This can be used every day or for any occassion. I was never a fan of Benefit foundation or powder, but this BB has changed my mind about their face makeup. I use ANTHONY LOGISTICS FOR MEN Instant Fix Oil Control as a oil control moisturizer/primer. It is for men, but works for women too. It works like a dream one its own or with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kirstenangeles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think that this product really gives good coverage, and that it is perfect for people with acne prone skin. It goes on like a cream as promised, helping me get an even amount on my skin. Keep blending and it does come off as a powder. It's a bit natural and is oil free and non-comedogenic. It's lightweight and stays on for a long time. The only problem I have is that it shows up on pores and flakes, so I suggest wearing a primer before hand. That's why it said to apply it on a moisturized face. Also, buff it in with a brush after to remove streaks, but only after. Use fingers, even blow dry fingers a bit for applying. All in all, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

So, this bb cream has been a real game changer for me. I have gone from being a full coverage foundation lover to a bb convert!
Once upon a time, it was all about the coverage and being completely matte for me, up until about summer last year when my skin started having reactions to foundations and generally being dry and irritated. So over the last few months I've been wearing less and less make up, and whilst it hasn't eradicated the problem completely, its definitely helped.
Anyway, in the past I've had some pretty bad experience with both bb and cc creams. Pretty much all of the ones you can buy off the shelf have terrible colour selections. I always bought them in the shade 'light' only for them to be orange/salmon coloured and just not good. I'm porcelain faced so I need light shades.
Having said that, I've never purchased a high end bb cream up until now simply because of the bad experience with drugstore ones. I went to my local Benefit counter, saw the Big Easy and became intrigued. It stated it had a liquid to powder formulation, it was better than bb, SPF 35 and oil free.
The colour selection, for me, is fantastic. It has six shade ranges, which are:
. 01 Fair
. 02 Light
. 03 Light/Medium
. 04 Medium
. 05 Beige
. 06 Deep Beige
I was matched to 02 light, because while my face is 01 fair my neck is 02 light, and you should always match the face to neck. To be quite honest though, there was little or no difference in these two colours, they were both snow white perfection for me! Which is why I think if you are a darker skin tone then you would struggle with the colour choice, because they all lean far more light than dark.
The product itself is gorgeous, the texture is light and creamy and applies like a dream with just your fingers or even a sponge. It has a light coverage but you can build it to a medium if you wished. Fuller coverage people would hate this, but it is worth a try if you were aiming for a more natural look. I love the fact that even though it has a light scent it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, unlike when I wear foundations it can itch and sting a little.
I tend to use mine with Boing concealer also by Benefit just because I can't live without concealer and it also helps give you a little more coverage.
It is definitely pricey it almost makes me cry when I think of the expense but it is so worth it. A little bit goes a long way, it looks just like your own skin but better. Totally repurchasing when I'm finished with it and I may never return to foundation again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bfresh0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. Gives a matte finish because it is a "liquid to powder" . Has light to medium coverage which is nice for a bb cream. When applied with a brush or sponge I didn't like the finish but when applied with fingers it looks great! The colors are on the warmer side, except for #4 which was a little more neutral. The product works great for my light/medium skin but the shade range only goes up to tan, no dark shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by chelseyanne460

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My roommate bought this for herself about a month before I decided that I needed it for myself. This is a BB cream that mattifies your skin, making the use of powder un-necessary. I loved that it took away one step in the morning as I'm not a morning person.

It is very buildable, and I've been able to cover the varying tones in my skin as well as blemishes.

The first day I wore this, I met up with my family. I have never been one to go to any sort of function without make up on - I have a lot of redness in my skin that I like to keep covered up. That day, several of my family members pulled me aside to let me know that they thought I looked great. My mom even told me that she needed to know what make up I was using because she needed to get it for herself. This is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by NTran06

This stuff is awesome. It's low maintenance and great for a five minute face. It evens out my complexion, although I still need to use concealer on certain areas (post acne marks). It's best when applied with a foundation brush for medium coverage, but works well with just my hands for light coverage. It's oil free, non comedogenic and has SPF 35. It balances moisture and controls oil too. The best part about this is that it looks very natural on the skin. You obviously still need to use moisturizer beforehand to yield the best results. I don't care what anyone says -- the key to great makeup is good skin care. So if you're not taking care of your skin (as in cleansing & moisturizing it) then you can't be upset if your makeup doesn't look fantastic.