September 16, 2014 | 1744 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Big Easy Complexion Perfector

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK, I love this for when I'm too cheap to buy Perfekt or I need a layer of silicone + sunscreen for inside the office. It's pretty much the same thing as Miracle Skin Transformer except with higher SPF - a super-siliconey primer/foundation hybrid.

It doesn't make my skin as ridiculously flawless as Perfekt, nor is the texture as nice, but it's awesome for when I don't want a lot of coverage and I don't want to waste the (expensive) glory of Perfekt on a normal workday. I was previously using the Miracle Skin for those days but I'm switching over to this stuff for awhile to see how it compares over time. I've only used it about four times but so far, so good. It doesn't do well over my usual moisturizer but neither did the Miracle Skin so I can't really judge it there.

I'm also excited because this is the only liquid foundation-esque product that Benefit has EVER made that's light enough for my skin tone. Keep it up, Benefit!

UPDATE: Bummer, gotta take off a lippie because I made the mistake of putting this on on a dry-skin day without moisturizer under (it got a little weird with my regular moisturizer)...by noon all my dry patches were a flaky mess. This is now relegated to the "Good Skin Days Only" pile o' foundations. If you're oily, you could totally still use this stuff and be pretty happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by gl1ttercake

I bought this on a whim in shade 02, "Light", which is a perfect match for me. I love the level of coverage, which can be built up. I'm a NW20 in MAC and Deauville in NARS, for reference.

I have combo oily skin so I wear this over a primer, but those with drier skin could probably go without one. It lasts my work day and doesn't look cakey or fade in patches. Also love the broad-spectrum SPF 30 in the Australian sun!

I apply with my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge, haven't tried any other methods so far.

Taking off a lippy for the small size and expensive price (this is $55 AUD).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupglirl

My HG product. I have combination skin and this product works really well on my dry patches and oily patches! I wear it everyday for a natural finish and people always assume my skin in naturally flawless! I use it to cover redness and minor acne. For an 'everyday' look I don't need a concealer, because I just build up the coverage in any problem areas. Packaging is so convenient and cute, perfect for travelling or bringing anywhere. Only problem, is the price, it is $55 in Aus, but everything else is so good that I would repurchase in a second!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by jesspenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I apply this on a daily basis with a regular foundation brush and it looks really good. I only apply a little, so I wear it as a light coverage foundation but you can build it up to be a medium coverage. I have a lot of freckles and it doesn't cover them but it still manages to make my skin look air brushed and smooth. Matte finish and it sets really smooth like a powder. Love this foundation a lot definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I loved the coverage of this, but I absolutely had to use it with a primer. (I usually use Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer.) When I didn't it sat in my pores and looked grainy. The staying power (without primer) was pretty darn poor, maybe 3 hours on a warm day. I managed to get about eight hours on my oily skin, but again that's with a primer.

A little bit goes a long way, as I received a tiny 0.1 oz sample and it lasted me for at least a week. Seriously! For reference, I'm NW15. The sample didn't say the name of the color, just #03, which I assume is the 3rd darkest shade, which is actually called "Light/Medium".

I just can't get past the fact that I can't wear it without a primer. If it's called "The Big Easy" I should be able to put it on and be out the door.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by sydniey

The first few days I tried this it was amazing. It perfected my imperfections (hyperpigmentation and breakouts) but after buying a full size and using it, I broke out in tiny little bumps all over my cheeks. I think it was clogging my pores. Overall I probably wouldn't buy his again and I haven't used it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mhamp78

Being a believer in BB, CC and even DD creams, I'm unclear if this product is a BB cream or a foundation. It does not say 'BB cream' anywhere on the tube. That being said, I do like it. I have worn Bare Minerals for the past 15 years and loved it but with the passing of time and hormonal changes, my skin is a little drier in my 50's. I'm half way through the tube and here's my advice on applying: 1) moisturize your face and wait about 5 minutes to let it soak in; 2) apply a light coat of a luminescent BB cream as a primer. I like Too Faced or Stila. This step is optional but makes your skin glow when you take the time; 3) apply The Big Easy with your fingers (looked splotchy when I used a foundation brush); 4) apply concealer where needed and lightly blend with a sponge. Wait a few minutes - the product needs time to 'color correct'; 5) apply a light dusting of translucent powder (I still use my Bare Minerals mineral veil).

I live in a very humid climate and it has good staying power without turning cakey. I also like the coverage. Hope Benefit keeps this one around.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really really wanted to like this, I love other benefit products. It's only ok. It gives the amount of coverage you would expect a bb cream to give, so don't expect a full coverage foundation. It feels lovely at first, but the staying power is pretty poor. It can look cakey, and you definitely need to moisturize/prime RIGHT before you apply it otherwise it will cling to any tiny dry patch, and it won't apply smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by bellatrixstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite BB cream. It has the light feel of a BB, but with the coverage, shine control, and longevity of a regular foundation. I am very oily and this BB kept my shine at bay for a whole 7 hours, and that was without any primer. I used it with Maybelline Shine control loose powder on top and that was it. It was just two simple steps for me to be shine free for 7 hours on a day that was 80 degrees. I blotted once, and even then it last another three hours. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with just once blot! When I use it with a primer it lasts about 10-11 hours. This is a blessing for girls who are oily and constantly have to blot or freshen up with powder. It has a light/medium coverage so if you want to be light and natural you can achieve that look, but if you have some blemishes and blotchiness then this can build slightly into a more medium coverage foundation. I use concealer for my under eye circles, but that it is. It has a soft powder finish when applied, but it is very delicate and does not look chalky. This can be used every day or for any occassion. I was never a fan of Benefit foundation or powder, but this BB has changed my mind about their face makeup. I use ANTHONY LOGISTICS FOR MEN Instant Fix Oil Control as a oil control moisturizer/primer. It is for men, but works for women too. It works like a dream one its own or with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by kirstenangeles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think that this product really gives good coverage, and that it is perfect for people with acne prone skin. It goes on like a cream as promised, helping me get an even amount on my skin. Keep blending and it does come off as a powder. It's a bit natural and is oil free and non-comedogenic. It's lightweight and stays on for a long time. The only problem I have is that it shows up on pores and flakes, so I suggest wearing a primer before hand. That's why it said to apply it on a moisturized face. Also, buff it in with a brush after to remove streaks, but only after. Use fingers, even blow dry fingers a bit for applying. All in all, this is a great product!