October 23, 2014 | 1368 users online

Bronzers - Bonne Bell - Shimmer Bronze

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this product yet, what was I thinking? This is one of the best bronzers I've ever used, and I've been using this one for many years! I think I paid less than 3 bucks for this and it's lasted me for so long, so it's quite the bargain. I always get tons of compliments when I wear this, most notably that I have a "nice glow", which is good to hear especially on days when I fell tired or sluggish. I usually use this to highlight my cheeks and nose and sometimes slightly across my forehead, also shows up very nicely in photos.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by mylo008008

Best bronzer out there which came as a total shock to me because its bonnebell for one and its less than $5 for another. its amazing though it just gives you a beautiful glow and its so sheer. I recommend the gold n glitz instead of the other one sunkissed i think its called. that one looks very orangey. the gold n glitz is a true bronze color. theres a bit of a technique to applying though so that its not too shimmery. i just shake it up a little bit before i open it, dip my kabuki brush in whatevers on the inside of the lid, shake off the excess, and pat instead of sweep it on. just repeatedly do that patting motion in circles until its nice and blended. thats all there is to it and its amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried other bronzers that turned orange on me. I tried this one years ago and loved it and this is the only bronzer I will use. EDIT, since this one does oxidize on me I've tried other bronzers and this has a lot of shimmer compared to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

My opinion of this bronzer is that it's best for night time and going out - basically times when you wouldn't mind a little obvious glitter. It's very easy to overdo it with this stuff. You're looking in the mirror thinking it's barely noticeable, so you apply some more and before you know it you're trying to find some way to remove it without messing up the rest of your makeup. So my advice is go easy with it! Wait five minutes then check back after it "settles" to see if you really need more. That said, even if this is not the type of bronzer you could use every day, the price is so reasonable that you might as well have one in your makeup bag for the occasional night out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

I gave this a try many years ago for the first time after having received a similar loose powder bronzer from Clinique that was no longer available and was searching for a close replacement. I wanted something light and shimmery because I feel that when I use matte bronzers they tend to look a bit dirty on me but the shimmer adds realistic tan appearance and acts as a higlighter in addition. I ended up quite liking this product especially as its only about 5 dollars for a container that lasts a very long time. When used lightly this adds a nice summery glow. It isnt highly pigmented - but there are some more expensive bronzers that it really compares well to for the price. If you arent a die hard bronzer fan who just uses it occasionally this will work perfect for you without breaking the bank - or as a back-up to use on less special occasions rather than using up a splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lotsapink

Fell in love with this stuff when I was a teenager, and I buy a couple of pots of it every summer when it's in stock just to last me the whole year. It works well as a bronzer, and just as well as an eyeshadow. It's my secret weapon!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by hmax

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seriously, for the price, this is an awesome bronzer. I recently purchased Bobbi Brown pressed bronzer and found it to be mediocre in comparison (sales pressure/impulse buy). It's true that this stuff shimmers, and too much can make you look shiny and weird. With the correct application, however, It gives a nice, healthy glow for everyday wear (and for special occasions layers nicely over blush.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really nice. It's not too dark and gives you a nice glow. Becarefull though, because if you use too much it will be ultra shimmery! I like it cause it's not too dark. I wouldn't concider it a bronzer since it doesn't make me darker in the slightest, but it's a nice highlighter for a sweet price. :) UPDATE: So this is still a relitavely good product, but the staying power isn't great on me at all. Lowered my rating to a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 6:39:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

Love It!! It gives me a nice healthy glow, it is so pretty and not too dark. It can get a little too shimmery, so I use it lightly on areas where I don't want a lot of shimmer, but I love the shimmer on my cheeks! Perfect product, and so cheap! I got it at ulta for $4 and I got one free!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by thatsright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my daily bronzer. The first few times I used it I applied with an expensive thick bronzer brush and I didn't care for the results- it was far too shimmery & fake looking when applied so thickly. After consulting a friend who also uses this bronzer, she told me that better results are rendered from a cheapo blush brush. She was right! It deposits the right amount of shimmer plus the brown tint that I love in this bronzer- so many show up orange on me. For the price, you really can't beat it.