December 18, 2014 | 975 users online

Moisturizers - Avon - Anew Ultimate

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Review is for the day cream with spf 25. I got this from a colleague who sells Avon on the side. It was a very low price and I saw that it got kudos from Beautypedia for small amount of AHA at appropriate pH plus the spf.

I am on my third pot and I love it. I use it daily and liberally (I buy when it is on special: usually <$20 for 50gm/1.7oz) to my face, neck, décolleté, backs of hands and any part of my arm that is exposed. My Laura Mercier Silk Cream foundation or MAC Studio Tech apply like a dream over this cream. Go on smoothly and look amazing.

Using this in conjunction with the Paula's Choice Weekly resurfacing and occasional use of BHA when I get blemishes or blackheads....I am quite happy with my skin. I have been using over a year and have noticed improvement in my skin.

The downsides: packaging...you have to dip in the pot with either fingers or use a clean Qtip. Not the best. The jar is kind of clunky for travel.

Overall though, given the reasonable price and the way it has improved my skin: I keep buying.

I just bought a $25 package that includes a 15gm jar of this, 15gm jar of the Anew Ultimate night cream, 15gm jar of the Anew Ultimate eye elixir and cream plus a 50ml tube of Anew Ultimate cleanser. will post reviews on those in future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by maria411

This is for the day and night creams----AWESOME! I just won a sample size jar of each of these, and after using them for only 2 days now, my skin looks brighter and feels smoother. The texture of these creams is so silky, when you put it on it just glides over your skin, and illuminates it. Just the right balance of moisture without being greasy--it's like velvet. For my skin to look dewy and bright in the morning is saying a lot, since I'm not a morning person and I don't FEEL that awake, but I looked it!:-) Both creams have such a light feel, and leave a freshly buffed look and feel to my skin---I love them!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by strawberrypeppermint

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

Gold Emulsion: I bought this discounted and am very glad- the price was as cheap the product. This burned and caused small irritation bumps, and did not do anything it promised. I have very nice but dry skin and it did not hydrate me at all-I felt dryer, bumpy and red. It is very gooey and jelly like.
If it works for others though I am happy for you. I have a second nearly full jar to trade lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by beatle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

INITIALLY I LOVED THIS CREAM. IT IS RICH AND MAKES YOUR SKIN SO SOFT. MY HUSBAND REMAKRED THAT MY MAKEUP LOOKED BLOTCHY AND INDEED IT DID... SHAME. SOMETHING IN THE CREAM MADE MY MAKEUP GO ON UNEVENLY..IT IS A GREAT CREAM JUST DIDN'T WORK FOR ME

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is heavily perfumed and I don't like the overpowering floral grandma-scent. The consistency is very creamy and it really helped to reduce fine lines on my forehead, but if little pimples and uneven, slightly irritated skin are the price I have to pay it's not really worth it. I'm in my thirties and have combination skin, so maybe it's because this cream is just too rich for me. But maybe clogged pores are not necessarily a question of age...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I would like to say to the folks who say this has broke them out, your skin is probably not ready for such a rich cream yet. Lucky you! For those of us pushing 60 however, this stuff works great!! I have been using the night cream for several months now with no problems at all. It makes my skin so smooth & soft to the touch. It helps with the wrinkles as well, but let's face it girls, even Chanel does not rid one's self of deep wrinkles at this age. I have tried them all, and for the money value, Avon is just as good as some of those expensive name brands, & perhaps better! After this jar, I am moving on to the Platinum Anew. ;-) I have used samples and it works great too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Avon Anew Ultimate Day Cream with spf 25. After I saw that this won an Allure Readers' Choice Award, I decided to give it a try. It's a thick, rich cream that doesn't sink in immediately, and when I first started using it, it made my combination skin break out a little. This was in early October, so I decided to put it away until the weather became cooler and my skin a bit drier. Well, things only got worse! I developed some cystic acne. Can't tell you how happy I am about that! It also made my skin burn a little. Anyway, this is going in the trash. Buyer beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, and I hate to give it such a mixed review, but that's what it deserves because Avon could improve on this if it tried just a little bit. I am on my second jar of this.

CONS: You have to stick your finger in the jar, which is unsanitary. Burns my face sometimes. So greasy that you cannot apply makeup for several minutes after using it. Smells awful, but fades quickly. This is September and I wore this every single day this summer on my face and neck and have tan lines. There is no way this product is SPF 25.

PROS: My 40 something skin looks smoother and younger than it did when I started using it back in May. I also apply this to my hands, and they look better too. I was starting to get brown spots on them, and they have disappeared. The crease from my nose to my mouth is barely noticeable anymore.

VERDICT: I will purchase a third jar when this one runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by mctoft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a more nourishing moisturizer as the cold weather was making my face flake. I picked this up at TJ Maxx and have been really happy with how moisturizing it is. And my acne has *not* gotten worse. I can't necessarily credit this lotion because I'm also on antibiotics and retin-A, but still. I think it has done what I needed, especially during the bitter coldest winter months. My only concern is that I don't want to go through an Avon rep to get more, so I'm looking for other options.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

Absolutely no one does my skin like Avon, and now that I've tried most of their Anew line, I will remain faithful for the rest of my life. I am only 28 but spend a lot of time in the sun (don't worry, I take care of my skin, including SPF, sunglasses and hats), but my skin still shows the effects of it sometimes, and that can include just major dryness. I was using Principal Secret Reclaim and didn't even realize that I hated it or that it had temporarily ruined my skin until I switched BACK to Avon (a good reason why I ever strayed is non existent). So I went on a shopping spree and bought a whole slew of products to use at the time and in the future, and I did indeed pretty much buy myself a years worth of skincare. I was using the Rejuvenate line this summer, which turned my skin around on it's own. But we've been experiencing some cooler fall air and my skin was telling me it needed something a bit more. So I switched to the Ultimate Elixir, Ultimate Day and Ultimate Night, and on first application my skin was immediately relieved and looked more glowy. This day cream feels so thick and rich when I'm applying it to my skin. It's velvety and luxurious and I have no doubt that it will make my skin even more lovely than the Rejuvenate line. I also plan on trying the Ultimate Gold Emulsion and the Ultimate Premium Elixir when the weather gets even colder. I am hiding those in my aresenal for now though! Then once spring comes I plan on using the Alternative line, and then once again back to Rejuvenate for summertime!